Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Kavrick Bravard - redefining shitcurity

Post by InsaneHyena » #152731

Your byond account: InsaneHyena
Your character name: Rodrik Svenson
Their character name: Kavrick Bravard
Their byond account: I don't have a fucking clue
Server and time: Sybil, round ended maybe around 20:10 server time?
Description of what happened: Holy fuck, this is a clusterfuck.
Admins online during this bullshit: lzimann (he got my adminhelps and witnessed the whole thing), Shaps (came by the end)

Okay, let me start from the beginning. I spawn as engineer and engineer my own business. Eventually, I discover braindead Zoey Webb in the library and begin tabling her. Suddenly, brave HoS sees it, tases me, locks me in cuffs and brigs me for five minutes. An assistant called Greyshirt or something tries to break me out, so he brigs him too - for 10 minutes. HoS also threatens that if I will try to escape, I will be permabrigged. I begin to realize that I'm dealing with Dr. Pepper/Futur level of bullshitcurity, so I decide to prepare in advance. I grab some magboots, a toolbelt, gloves, eventually find a hardsuit that wasn't taken and stash them all in permabrig in case I'm ever thrown into there. While i'm doing it, I hear about how head of security is arresting people for walking on broken glass, which sounds ridiculous and turns out to be completely true. I encounter him in the hallways and disarm him while passing through, he tases me, cuffs me and brigs me again.
While I'm serving another ridiculously long sentence for a bullshit crime, a sec officer comes to my cell with an egun and demands that I walk back. I refuse, so he pumps me full of disabler beams and forcefully loyalty implants me. I table him in return, so I'm permabrigged.

Okay, just so we're clear - no complaints here. Other than being arrested for bullshit reasons, of course. Maybe I shouldn't have tabled a sec officer, but I was really salty about being implanted without by consent. I am okay with being permabrigged for this. What follows, however, is complete bullshit.

So, I discover another permabrig prisoner, who I have a brief talk with. I plan to escape around when shuttle comes, so I don't get left behind like I usually am when permabrigged, but for now I'm staying put. I started telling about the whole thing to my compadre and he even seems to be listening, but then something interesting happens - we hear shots. We look outside and see our brave security trying to storm permabrig, while a secborg is trying to stop them at all costs. This could mean two things - either borgs were subverted (in which case it probably wouldn't care about permabrig prisoners), or, more logically, it overheard sec's plans to execute us. This madness continues for some time, while borg and sec yakety sax into permabrig, away, into it again, all while stunning, shooting and ioning each other. While it's happening, one of security officer drops a gun. The other prisoner picks it up and runs back inside, the borg retreats after sustaining way too heavy damage, HoS fucks off somewhere (to restore his stamina damage, maybe). A security officer runs into permabrig again, trying to harmbaton us, but a prisoner disables him into crit, I stay away until he falls to the ground, at which point I decide that I probably should take his baton, so we won't be murdered. We are murdered anyway, when security returns and - I knew it - kills us both.

Interesting things don't cease to happen after my death. Soon, permabrig sees new prisoners - a librarian, who they bucklecuff and immediately harmbaton to death, and... Wait a fucking minute, is that captain? Yes, it is - she's not ganged, she's loyalty implanted, yet security still tries to execute her too! They are unrobust fucking scrubs, so they fail and retreat, but they make a few attempts on her life again later - she managed to grab a baton and an energy gun, so she fends them off for a while. I'm very interested - what made them do it? And eventually I discover the truth - apparently, an assistant who got to Ruskie DJ station ordered HoS to execute captain over command channel. So they did it. Without question.

Eventually, captain is killed by (now) rogue cyborg, shitsec proves too incompetent to kill any real gangsters as opposed to loyalty implanted crew and command stuff, gangs win, HoS claims that he dindu nuffin in OOC chat.

Why he should be banned: I don't care how "confused" you are. If you blame asimov cyborg for messing up your executions (of people already safely contained within permabrig and implanted), try to kill your captain because a voice over a radio told you to (apparently, checking the loyalty implant HUD or even crew manifest is too fucking hard for shitsec) and imprison people for bullshit reasons while there are gangs, all while saying how you aren't to blame for anything, maybe you should play the clown. Not the head of security.

All people who witnessed this bullshit and suffered from this HoS are welcome to leave a post.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Re: Kavrick Bravard - redefining shitcurity

Post by Shaps-cloud » #153193

The HoS was spoken to about this, it ended up coming down to misinformation and misunderstandings which gradually spiraled out of control. They've been told to chill out, and I'm confident from my talk with them that they've learned their lesson and will be more careful in the future. As such, I'm considering this resolved and locking it, PM me if you feel like this is a mistake.
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.