Requests which have been closed
fofofo21
Byond Username: Fofofo21

Arnie Thomas - Welder Bombing people

Post by fofofo21 » #154386

Your byond account: Fofofo21
Your character name: Heals-Your-Wounds
Their character name: Arnie Thomas
Their byond account(optional, but useful if you can provide it): Unknown.
Server and time: Bagil, around 6:15 PM EST
Logs and/or screenshots:

Attack Logs:
Spoiler:
Image Image Image
Welder Bomb Logs:
Spoiler:
Image Image Image
Description of what happened: Round was blob, and it was in maintenance, a few minutes later and I am running towards the blob to heal people ( I was a doctor ) and in the hallway, the detective was running away from the blob. I told him to move and we just continue pushing eachother. A few seconds later, he pulls out his gun and beats me until I am knocked down (Attack Logs).

I ignore and continue on, it's me, Mike Hopkins, and the detective fighting the blob. Out of no where, without warning, detective shoots his gun and then a welding tank blows up. I wasn't sure if it was him until he said so in deadchat. (Welder Bomb Logs). He ended up killing himself, me, and Mike Hopkins.

Why they should be banned:
I have had conflicts like this with this player in the past, and it remains that this player fails to learn from mistakes and to follow the rules. This player ruined the round for me and Mike, and we just sat in deadchat until it finally ended.

Some might argue he was welder bombing to kill the blob. But he never warned us about welder bombing, and the welding tank wasn't directly beside the blob, but a few blocks away (beside me).
TheLongbowMan
Byond Username: TheLongBowMan

Re: Arnie Thomas - Welder Bombing people

Post by TheLongbowMan » #154387

I looked in to this, however I did not feel a ban was needed, I will leave it so another admin can look in to this.
Kanten
Byond Username: Kanten

Post by Kanten » #154391

Alright, first off, I don't recall any specific interactions with this player in previous rounds so I'm not sure what these "mistakes" were, I'd appreciate some specific statements to that effect rather than vague accusations.

During the event in question, the doctor was obstructing a critical hallway to and from the scene of the conflict. Rather than opening the door that was a single tile behind them, they persisted in blocking the path and pushing back, preventing me from re-arming to continue assisting in the fight, which also would have prevented any other reinforcements from getting through that door which was the primary access between security and the blob's location. At this point momentarily incapacitating the doctor to clear the obstruction was the quickest solution in an extremely time-sensitive situation.

And as for the welding tank in question, there were several tanks being pushed around the scene by players to re-arm their torches. Tanks bouncing around the scene while energy weaponry is being fired around is a natural recipe for disaster, and anyone knows that diagonal pathfinding on ballistics can be rather unpredictable especially in a cramped space with players shoving each other around. When this is going on beside a fuel tank, naturally, a stray bolt setting off an explosion is incredibly likely which is exactly what then happened.
fofofo21

Post by fofofo21 » #154392

Kanten wrote: During the event in question, the doctor was obstructing a critical hallway to and from the scene of the conflict. Rather than opening the door that was a single tile behind them, they persisted in blocking the path and pushing back, preventing me from re-arming to continue assisting in the fight, which also would have prevented any other reinforcements from getting through that door which was the primary access between security and the blob's location. At this point momentarily incapacitating the doctor to clear the obstruction was the quickest solution in an extremely time-sensitive situation.
You were fully healed and running away from the blob which was atleast 10 tiles away from where you were. People getting healed is more of a priority than you running away, which is why I didn't open the door because my mind was set on running to officers with low health rather than having to deal with you. You could've A. Disarmed me, pushing me down. B. Move C. Asked me to lay down. D. Lay down yourself and many other options. Hitting me with your gun over and over was not justified.
Kanten wrote: And as for the welding tank in question, there were several tanks being pushed around the scene by players to re-arm their torches. Tanks bouncing around the scene while energy weaponry is being fired around is a natural recipe for disaster, and anyone knows that diagonal pathfinding on ballistics can be rather unpredictable especially in a cramped space with players shoving each other around. When this is going on beside a fuel tank, naturally, a stray bolt setting off an explosion is incredibly likely which is exactly what then happened.
If you can't control your aim for your laser gun, you don't need to use one. It was obvious you had intentions to blow it up, because you can't "accidentally hit something" that is not in motion.
Kanten

Post by Kanten » #154393

fofofo21 wrote:
Kanten wrote:You were fully healed and running away from the blob which was atleast 10 tiles away from where you were. People getting healed is more of a priority than you running away, which is why I didn't open the door because my mind was set on running to officers with low health rather than having to deal with you. You could've A. Disarmed me, pushing me down. B. Move C. Asked me to lay down. D. Lay down yourself and many other options. Hitting me with your gun over and over was not justified.
A. I wasn't "running away", the nearest recharger was outside of that hall.

B. The people fighting were in the chamber to the northwest just below disposals, there was no practical reason to be camping out in that hall there when it was the main point of access for security personnel.

C. Any of A-D could have been done from your end as well instead of insulting me and continually wedging yourself against the exit.
Kanten

Post by Kanten » #154394

fofofo21 wrote:
Kanten wrote:It was obvious you had intentions to blow it up, because you can't "accidentally hit something" that is not in motion.
*Everybody* in that room was in motion from pushing each other around 1-2 tiles from a fuel tank, what do you think?
fofofo21

Post by fofofo21 » #154397

Kanten wrote:
fofofo21 wrote:
Kanten wrote:It was obvious you had intentions to blow it up, because you can't "accidentally hit something" that is not in motion.
*Everybody* in that room was in motion from pushing each other around 1-2 tiles from a fuel tank, what do you think?
It was 3 people in the room. I was behind you. You were two tiles up and one tile to the right of me. And the last guy was sitting right there at the blob...
Kanten

Post by Kanten » #154399

fofofo21 wrote:
Kanten wrote:
fofofo21 wrote:
It was 3 people in the room. I was behind you. You were two tiles up and one tile to the right of me. And the last guy was sitting right there at the blob...
And while firing I did not move myself a single tile while every shot prior to that last one hit the blob. Either someone moved the tank or someone had pushed me out of that spot before the final bolt hit.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #154428

Gonna agree with Longbowman here and file this under "Shit happens" but please be more careful with your shots in the future, and fuel tank placement.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.