Cayce
Byond Username: Cayce

Reuben Rahl - Random Killing

Post by Cayce » #155460

Your byond account: Cayce
Your character name:Cayce Urriah
Their character name:Reuben Rahl
Their byond account(optional, but useful if you can provide it): Unknown
Server and time: Sybil - Around 6am Pacific or Mountain (I can never keep track of which I'm in)
Logs and/or screenshots: I hit save after it was too far back.
Description of what happened:

I began my round as a traitor, and after getting dressed (Assistant), went to a dorm to look at my PDA. I purchased a Holoparasite, an emag, and I think an e-dagger. I spoke with my parasite for a moment in that private communications method, not in say, and then unlocked the door.

At this point, I hadn't done anything traitorish. He immediately stunprodded me, cable cuffed me, and began to hammer me over the head with a fire extinguisher or oxygen tank. My holoparasite had to show itself to try and save me, confirming I was a traitor, but I hadn't actually DONE anything worth stunning, attacking or killing for.

He killed me with repeated blows. I adminhelped and the only response I got was "You're a traitor with a holoparasite."

Rueben had no way of knowing that before he attacked me, and he ruined my round / antagging due to a random attack that killed me.

The round ended. Rueben was not a traitor. I watched him through the end of the round and he proceeded to teargas the escape shuttle and attack others aboard it.

Why they should be banned:

Random murder. The fact that I was an antag shouldn't come into it, because I hadn't done anything to raise suspicion.
Vakulum
Byond Username: Vakulum

Re: Reuben Rahl - Random Killing

Post by Vakulum » #155462

I have nothing to do with this saw nothing but it looks like powergaming if he is running around the station with a stunprod the whole time playing security. Not sure how hard the rules here are with that.
Did he had any chance to see traitor items on you? Belt &c.? I dont think that he would randomly kill you if there was not the slightest hint you could be a traitor (still powergaming).
Did he went on his murderstreak after the round ended? That seems quite normal
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: Reuben Rahl - Random Killing

Post by Saegrimr » #155503

Apparently he was talked to about this, but I gotta admit the reason was really fucking dumb so I applied a ban anyway.

[12:45:05]ADMIN: PM: Tkdrg/(Alice Mellison)->AdeptMechanicus/(Reuben Rahl): Hi there. Got a sec? The guy you dunked in the dorms wanted to know how you found out that he had a holoparasite.
[12:45:46]ADMIN: PM: AdeptMechanicus/(Reuben Rahl)->Tkdrg/(Alice Mellison): I didn't find out. I just wanted to dunk a random guy and table him a few times. I stripped his headset just in case. But I thought nonetheless to see inside his backpack
[12:45:49]ADMIN: PM: AdeptMechanicus/(Reuben Rahl)->Tkdrg/(Alice Mellison): and he had that
[12:46:14]ADMIN: PM: AdeptMechanicus/(Reuben Rahl)->Tkdrg/(Alice Mellison): so like a trustworthy and real scientist, I experimented the effects of the fire extinguisher on filthy traitor skull.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.