Unknown - Excessive Security/Round Sabotage (Reserve)

Requests which have been closed
TheWulfe
Byond Username: TheWulfe

Unknown - Excessive Security/Round Sabotage (Reserve)

Post by TheWulfe » #159905

[Until logs come in to get specific actions pulled from the logs or other actions of an admin, I am reserving this request until for proper names to be requested for a ban]

Your byond account: TheWulfe
Your character name: August Talon
Their character name: Antonio LastNameTBD, Flashers/False Reporters Flashing TBD
Their byond account(optional, but useful if you can provide it): Unknown
Server and time: Sybil, 3:30ish EST
Logs and/or screenshots: TBD

Description of what happened:
Playing as HoS, security does its usual shindig. Minutes later I get reports of flashing across the station, a significant amount of reports, and a security staff member reporting someone tried to kill them to warrant a suspicion of Revolutionaries. A couple of arrests in, I apply an implant and get a (later revealed) faked message that would be the exact message of a revolutionary remembering their true allegiance. So I was in effect forced to play like I was playing against Revolutionaries.

From there, a little while later there were also reports of Aliens now. Of course, a player can never know just how much the admins feel like memeing - admins had spawned xenos during a rev round JUST yesterday (or the day before that.) Aliens being a side antagonist, I was forced to play as if Revs were a main antagonist during the round, ruining proper playstyles and interaction that should have made up a (practical) Xeno-exclusive round.

I am requested the (soon TBD) players to be banned on the following basis:
1. Rule 1 of 'Don't be a dick'. This includes towards treating security as your personal grief punching bag, which honestly this serverbase needs a sample ban as precedence to hold accountable as deterrence for future shittery like this.
2. If you're greytide is so bad it's confusing security as to what threat they're facing, you're going too far.
Last edited by TheWulfe on Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Re: Unknown - Excessive Security/Round Sabotage (In Progress

Post by Shaps-cloud » #159906

If the round is still happening why don't you just ahelp it??

Edit: wait I'm pretty sure this round has been over for like 20 minutes now, what?
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
TheWulfe

Post by TheWulfe » #159910

Shaps wrote:If the round is still happening why don't you just ahelp it??

Edit: wait I'm pretty sure this round has been over for like 20 minutes now, what?
I legit thought there could have been revs well up to the round end. I don't know how well you guys like your memes spliced into revs or not.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer

Post by Shaps-cloud » #159919

Sorry, I thought that by "in progress" you meant that the round was still happening (since some people make ban appeals while the round is still going, but never for ban requests so I was really confused).

I was in this round as a cargonian, and actually had spawned the xenos in because the team of shadowlings who were picked for that round prayed to be xenos instead, which I happily agreed to. I remember being really confused as to why security was so 100% sure that there were revs going on, but now that I hear that someone faked the emote of remembering their true allegiance, that makes a lot more sense. Generally, I'm pretty sure that text message comes in a different style of font and people who are actually converted by the implant get knocked out for a few seconds, but those tells can be pretty easy to miss when you're worrying about greytiders, so I don't blame you for falling for it. Since the fake emote seems to be what kicked off a lot of the issues from that round, I'll look up who did it and ask them to not do it again in the future, to avoid huge mishaps like this.
TheWulfe

Post by TheWulfe » #159926

Shaps wrote:Sorry, I thought that by "in progress" you meant that the round was still happening (since some people make ban appeals while the round is still going, but never for ban requests so I was really confused).

I was in this round as a cargonian, and actually had spawned the xenos in because the team of shadowlings who were picked for that round prayed to be xenos instead, which I happily agreed to. I remember being really confused as to why security was so 100% sure that there were revs going on, but now that I hear that someone faked the emote of remembering their true allegiance, that makes a lot more sense. Generally, I'm pretty sure that text message comes in a different style of font and people who are actually converted by the implant get knocked out for a few seconds, but those tells can be pretty easy to miss when you're worrying about greytiders, so I don't blame you for falling for it. Since the fake emote seems to be what kicked off a lot of the issues from that round, I'll look up who did it and ask them to not do it again in the future, to avoid huge mishaps like this.
Sorry, I guess the title should have (Reserve) or something instead.

Even as very long as I played I can't tell you the exact font size, or actions that occur during a rev deconversion, and I believe different server vary in effects (Like our revs conversion thing now no longer knocks people down). Now imagine some poor newbie getting that emote and that's just pure malice toward another player. I just think it's really dickish thing to do.
Shad0vvs
Byond Username: Shad0vvs

Re: Unknown - Excessive Security/Round Sabotage (Reserve)

Post by Shad0vvs » #160011

That person probably does it all the time, Ive seen someone do it in the past as a warden(with someone faking a implant resist) and I've had to stop HoS's from executing them on the spot because they don't notice that he font is bigger and they emoted it.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #160057

should have let him kill them then tell the hos it was fake
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #160103

If you metagame so hard that you're using emotes to fake antagonists' implant reactions then you're a really special snowflake. Even more special than a dick who goes around flashing people at round start to make sec think it's a revolution. I know we're a low rp server but have we really sunk this low?
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer

Post by Shaps-cloud » #160107

Out, unneeded post

Theres no question he was valid for doing it, but leaving it as being okay to fake implant resistance emotes is dumb and will just lead to a bunch of chaos in the future. It was funny as a one time thing but I spoke to the person who did it and they kindly agreed to not do it in the future, so we're good here. As such, this case can be considered resolved