Gladykun - Murdered over a hat, non-antag.

Requests which have been closed
Cayce
Byond Username: Cayce

Gladykun - Murdered over a hat, non-antag.

Post by Cayce » #14249

Your byond account: Cayce
Your character name: Kwisatz Haderach
Their character name: Gladykun
Their byond account: I don't know it
Server and time: Sybil - The round just ended at 2:40-ish, mountain time.
Logs and/or screenshots: I tried to select all / copy the log, but when I pasted it into textpad, nothing, sorry.

Description of what happened:

I round started as a lawyer and put together a fancy outfit for ambulance chasing and security haranguing. Went to HOP for theater access for the autodrobe's bowler hat. The clown and mime and a few other people were hanging out in the bar, and the mime followed me in.
He tried to drag me out, I moved away, he tried to drag me out again, I told him I had access, and ordered the hat.
He began to punch me, I ignored it until I hit orange and realized he was actively trying to kill me and began to fight back with a botany hoe I'd found in the hall.
He whipped out a spear and hit me past crit and into death.
A security officer was passing by when he dragged me out, and the clown claimed I attacked them and generally tried to protect the Mime.
After some general bullshit I get cloned, I'm retarded, the geneticist hooks me up in cryo, which hasn't been sit up, so I'm trapped, not-healing and frozen until the round ends.

During the entire thing I adminhelped several times, the only admin visible was Leibiniz(sp?) who didn't reply.

After a while, I see the 'Delta level' announcement. It's nuke ops.
Gladykun was clearly not a traitor, had no reason to attack me, had no reason to kill me.

In short: Ban he.

Why they should be banned:

Unprovoked non-antag round-ruining murder.
Winsome Lousome - A Winsome lass with criminal tendencies.
Kwisatz Haderach - Blue haired prophet of engineering.
Steals-The-Thing - That fucking ligger stole the pen out of my PDA.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Re: Gladykun - Murdered over a hat, non-antag.

Post by Timbrewolf » #14287

From the attack log they grabbed you four times then punched you thirteen times before you hit back.

Their Ckey is doctahyagi and the clown was iceb3rg.

Actually coincidentally the two are online right now.

They're both assistants, one is named "The Rock" and the other is named "Macho Man".

EDIT: Whoops now they both just disconnected after the same round. HMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

MrStonedOne and I were watching them and I didn't see anything that conclusively proves metacommunication but it's obvious that they are at least metacooperating. It's possible that Doctah Yagi is teaching iceb3rg since he seems to be a brand new player (he asked a security guard to help him locate medbay, while standing in the bar) but someone should talk to the two of them before this becomes a problem.

I directed Doctah Yagi to this thread in a PM so he should be posting here before playing again. If anyone sees him in game before he's responded to this you oughta boot him over here so he explain this entire situation.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #14333

An0n3 wrote: t's possible that Doctah Yagi is teaching iceb3rg since he seems to be a brand new player (he asked a security guard to help him locate medbay, while standing in the bar) but someone should talk to the two of them before this becomes a problem.
I'd just like to say that I've dealt with iceb3rg on multiple occasions while candidating and I can confirm he is inexperienced. He is new enough to make mistakes that come close to getting him in trouble, but as far as I could tell I really didn't see him being malicious. That doesn't necessarily mean it shouldn't be looked into, but he probably isn't aware what he is doing is wrong.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Cayce

Post by Cayce » #14337

If he's playing here, it's fair to assume he's read the rules, scant as they are.

If he's read the rules, it's fair to assume he knew what he was doing was wrong.

Even still, ya'll ban people who log on for the first few times and randomly grief/murderbone.
He has to know what he's doing.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #14638

Hmm. I've been keeping an eye on both servers and haven't seen them. I'm going to put a temp ban on Doctah with a link to this thread instead of trying to have a stake-out or chase this guy.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Cayce

Post by Cayce » #14662

Thanks for being vigilant, An0n3. :)
Kodeth101
Byond Username: Kodeth101

Post by Kodeth101 » #14862

Gladykun, ckey doctahyogi, would like to inform the admins that he is not in control of his forum account at the moment, but that from now on he will be very careful with how he plays and hopes that no accidents occur again. He did in fact introduce iceb3rg to the game, but they are not metacommunicating.
Cayce

Post by Cayce » #14882

That's some bullshit right there.

A man doesn't let other people speak for him. If he can't access his forum account, have an admin unlock it, or reset his password.
He needs to explain himself.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #14898

I'm confused as shit.

Kodeth what is your connection to Doctahyagi?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Doctah Yagi PhD

Post by Doctah Yagi PhD » #14915

Ladies and gents, I have arrived. Sorry about the confusion, allow me to explain.
Tor Camper wrote:That's some bullshit right there.

A man doesn't let other people speak for him. If he can't access his forum account, have an admin unlock it, or reset his password.
He needs to explain himself.
I have tried since I was alerted of this thread to reset my password, to no avail. I was also temp banned, so I resorted to messaging both you and An0n3 on the byond messenger (A system I now know is useless). Allow me.

I am sorry you do not consider me a man (of which I am quite glad of) for enlisting Kodeth to post here on my behalf so I could get my account reset. Because of this misunderstanding (for which I apologize), I have had to make this new account with a not so clever and pompous "PhD" on the end. Spiffy, isn't it?
An0n3 wrote:I'm confused as shit.

Kodeth what is your connection to Doctahyagi?
Kodeth was reported for some IC problem he and I had by some other user. The admin dismissed it, and I contacted him there after. We had a good laugh about it and such. When THIS request rolled around and you two seemed to not get my byond message (completely understandable, probably something on my end), I asked him to post something on my behalf.

Now onto the juicy bits
. As I mentioned in the message to you Tor, I am sincerely sorry for what happened. I know this sounds like utter horse shit, but I really did not mean to punch you as much as I did. I know it was wrong either way, but I was doing it after you broke my pull for the final time. I was trying to get your attention, and you weren't having it, so I wanted to punch you about two or three times. I obviously went overboard from the logs that An0n3 reviewed, and I am sorry. As you stated, you fought back (completely understandable) with a botany hoe. I didn't know how to act quickly, as there was a clown blocking my path of escaping, so I pulled out my spear thinking I could just get you to medical before you died. The sec officer stopped me and attempted to arrest me as I was taking you to medical, and the clown (who I guess was iceb3rg from the logs An0n3 reviewed) attempted to say I was innocent. I'm sure he witnessed only the part with you hitting me, but I'm unsure. He was probably just confused as he was new.

On the note of Iceb3rg. He was a new player I found, who didn't know how to do anything. I told him about the wiki and taught him the basics on controlling his character. Yada yada yada, we became friends. We did not at any point meta-whichever. I told him what IC was and what belongs OOC and what belongs IC. What he absorbed is unknown to me, but he seemed pretty intelligent and ready to learn, so I doubt he's just trying to ruin people's days.

Again, I do not stand by what I did. It ruined someone's round and I clearly am in the wrong. It wouldn't of taken me this long to reply, but I was unable to contact anyone before being temp banned. Hopefully this clears up any questions so a verdict can be reached.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #15032

I'm curious how you two could be involved in the incident that the OP reported, and when I logged in to see if I could find you to direct you to this thread, I find you palling around with the same player with your two characters named as counterparts. In the time you were observed by myself and another admin we didn't see you two say anything to eachother.

That requires a bit of coordination. How did that get set up?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Doctah Yagi PhD

Post by Doctah Yagi PhD » #15064

I'm confused on which incident you are speaking of, but I'm assuming it's the IC situation between me and Kodeth. I think that happened either before or JUST after this thread's incident. I can elaborate on that incident further, but I don't see a need unless requested (all IC and basically resolved at this point). As for the round you contacted me on, I am again confused to an extent. Before the round, Iceb3rg was asking me about more things that an assistant can do. I told him about asking around for work, or producing work for himself. I gave him an example of what I was doing as "Macho Man". I was wearing wrestling gear (boxing gloves included, cause why not) and acting like a wrestler. It produces a show, thus making you entertainment. I told him it may be wise to contact HoP before doing so, but that's beside the point. If he was indeed "The Rock" (from what you posted earlier) he probably just used my example as a test.

When you contacted me that round, I essentially AFK'd. I did move around every time I heard a noise ingame, but only to avoid being target by an antag. I didn't talk much IC or OOC, as I was reading over this very thread. I had no communication, both IC or OOC, with Iceb3rg (or anyone as stated before) at that time. I tried to remain in the bar area as I read over the thread, as that was pretty safe (medbay nearby/lots of drunkards), but I did have to move about because I didn't like the noises I was hearing. I wanted to save my bacon.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #15065

Well that would explain some of it.

I've lifted the ban. Be aware that any iffy situations that involve you and iceb3rg together are going to be viewed very harshly. I'm not entirely convinced there isn't something going on between you two but you've provided a reasonable enough explanation for what happened.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Doctah Yagi PhD

Post by Doctah Yagi PhD » #15070

I understand completely. I'll try and refer him to the wiki a little more, but he's got the gist of the game now. There shouldn't any more questionable activity from the two of us. Also, I am again sorry for essentially ruining that round for you Tor. That's just unacceptable, and it won't happen again. Sorry that this had to be something as bothersome as this.

also lol my forum account is still glitch pls some nerd help it wont email me holy shiet this is erking me so bad brb drinking bleach
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #15076

Follow this link and try contacting one of the administrators to get your password reset

http://tgstation13.org/phpBB/memberlist ... de=leaders
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW: