[No Longer Admin] MagmaExploiter2

MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

[No Longer Admin] MagmaExploiter2

Post by MrStonedOne » #600396

Please post any positive or negative feedback for the administrator here.
This is not the place to discuss ban appeals, admin complaints, or ban requests.
This is for specific feedback for this administrator.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
Cimika
Byond Username: Cimika

Re: MagmaExploiter2

Post by Cimika » #600401

Magma has already show a good understanding of the tools and what it means to be an admin. They fit in great with the team, are well-spoken, creative, fun, and they improve the team by being on it. I look forward to seeing them around, and I have high hopes for their future.
Queen of the 2020 Summer Ball
Spoiler:
From the legendary ShadowFlame thread :

BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #600426

I politely disagree with every point above. I had an awful ticket with them, let me tell you a bit about it:

So if I play HOP or captain, I love to mess around and go with the chaos of the round. In that instance, I was acting captain, and just happened to stand in brig, when an officer drags in a guy and empties his inventory. This guy was STOCKED on syndie shit, and he started saying "oh I found this, and just wanted to return this, for real!!". The officers wanted to annihilate him right there, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt and had them check whatever he was claiming. Trust me, they must have thought I was the biggest retard in the world at that moment. In the end, strangely enough, his claims did not hold up and in the decision between sending him to perma or to borg them, I told them to borg them so he could remain active in the round.

This admin (candidate) bwoinks me, asks me what was going on, I figure the guy sent an ahelp, I smell banbait. I said what had happened, and then he suddenly turns the heat up on me and says I'm "VALIDHUNTING".
I could not get this shit out of the head of this guy for the entire round, no matter what I said. I actually had to pull a Karen and get another admin involved, because he was fucking deadset on banning me over this, and he didn't give a shit about anything that validated my reasoning, he used every mental-hoop and excuse possible to slam me with a punishment.

Because it turns out (after round-end), the guy filled with syndi shit actually wasn't an antag, he actually somehow got his hands on a rogue syndi crate or whatever and decked himself in, big time. This admin (candidate) knew with his omniscent tools, and he expected me to believe this shitty fairy tale of an agent buying an entire surplus crate, leaving it untouched in maint somewhere and this guy JUST happening to stumble upon it and taking it all for himself, trying dearly to notify security to turn it in but couldn't because nobody responded! I would love to see the positions flipped and see what this guy would have done instead, and what words he types into the textbox when I tell him that I'll drop a 1 month ban for validhunting, very curios about that! Maybe he would just X out on me with "admin complaint", that would be kind of funny!

The other admin that handled it, difference like night and day. Asked me what happened, shared the other perspective with me, didn't start quoting the rulebook on me, and situation resolved in 5 minutes. Of course, that's from someone that knows how to handle this shit. An admin candidate has to learn the ropes from somewhere, understandable. I just hope that, if you don't already kick this guy out by next week, that nobody else gets wiped out over nothing-bait like that and that this circus remains an "isolated incident".
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
carshalash
Byond Username: Carshalash

Post by carshalash » #600430

Very nice admin, has had the balls to ban people when they are being shitters but still tries to react to most bans fairly. In game he is a pretty chill guy and can handle people bullying him, has been a good friend/player through out the year.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #600448

BONERMASTER wrote:I politely disagree with every point above. I had an awful ticket with them, let me tell you a bit about it:

So if I play HOP or captain, I love to mess around and go with the chaos of the round. In that instance, I was acting captain, and just happened to stand in brig, when an officer drags in a guy and empties his inventory. This guy was STOCKED on syndie shit, and he started saying "oh I found this, and just wanted to return this, for real!!". The officers wanted to annihilate him right there, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt and had them check whatever he was claiming. Trust me, they must have thought I was the biggest retard in the world at that moment. In the end, strangely enough, his claims did not hold up and in the decision between sending him to perma or to borg them, I told them to borg them so he could remain active in the round.

This admin (candidate) bwoinks me, asks me what was going on, I figure the guy sent an ahelp, I smell banbait. I said what had happened, and then he suddenly turns the heat up on me and says I'm "VALIDHUNTING".
I could not get this shit out of the head of this guy for the entire round, no matter what I said. I actually had to pull a Karen and get another admin involved, because he was fucking deadset on banning me over this, and he didn't give a shit about anything that validated my reasoning, he used every mental-hoop and excuse possible to slam me with a punishment.

Because it turns out (after round-end), the guy filled with syndi shit actually wasn't an antag, he actually somehow got his hands on a rogue syndi crate or whatever and decked himself in, big time. This admin (candidate) knew with his omniscent tools, and he expected me to believe this shitty fairy tale of an agent buying an entire surplus crate, leaving it untouched in maint somewhere and this guy JUST happening to stumble upon it and taking it all for himself, trying dearly to notify security to turn it in but couldn't because nobody responded! I would love to see the positions flipped and see what this guy would have done instead, and what words he types into the textbox when I tell him that I'll drop a 1 month ban for validhunting, very curios about that! Maybe he would just X out on me with "admin complaint", that would be kind of funny!

The other admin that handled it, difference like night and day. Asked me what happened, shared the other perspective with me, didn't start quoting the rulebook on me, and situation resolved in 5 minutes. Of course, that's from someone that knows how to handle this shit. An admin candidate has to learn the ropes from somewhere, understandable. I just hope that, if you don't already kick this guy out by next week, that nobody else gets wiped out over nothing-bait like that and that this circus remains an "isolated incident".
This ticket was part of Manuel #162176. This "other admin" part is from Exavere who handled your follow up request during Manuel #162185. If you wish to share any tickets, statbus grants you the ability to search for tickets related to you on banbus at https://atlantaned.space/banbus/mytickets - Any player can mark a ticket they were involved in as public from here, and this will give them a unique link to share the ticket so that other people can read it. Admins cannot make these tickets public.

New admins are under regular scrutiny. They're allowed and to some extent almost expected to make some mistakes as they move from a position of following the rules (as a player) to applying and enforcing them (as an admin). What genuinely matters is how they learn and bounce back from any mistakes.

In the case of your issue in particular, the rule cited should have been RP Rule 6 - Deal with the bad guys in proportion to their crime(s). If a player is not valid to be executed under MRP rules, they generally aren't valid to be forceborged either. IC events, as always, can change this position and context always matters. As a random example pulled out of my ass, someone you'd otherwise perma can always be forceborged or executed if they consent to it. Similarly, escaping from perma generally (again, context matters) opens you up to execution-level punishments because at that point security are out of non-lethal options to detain you.

I have no particular knowledge about how you came to discover that the other player was carrying contraband, so I won't comment on whether any of the issues around potentially validhunting had merit to them.

My feedback to MagmaExploiter in relation to this: I would advise them to keep handy all three of the Rules, RP Rules and Headmin Rulings pages while adminning.

When handling any suspected rule break, they should be able to point to a specific rule and state why they believe the player is breaking that rule. There's no actual need to cite every rule broken in every ticket, but being able to clearly explain what rules were broken and what actions led to them being broken if the player doesn't understand or doesn't agree with a ruling is always something admins should be prepared to do.

Even as an admin trainer, I personally always admin with 3 tabs open for the rules and headmin rulings so I can quickly reference the various precedents for the main rules, or have rapid access to the exact wording of the RP rules when issuing citations for violations of the FailRP statutes. Remembering all the rulings is a pain in the ass, but having a rough idea that something is covered by some rule is usually all I need, then I'll try and find it in the rules pages or through asking in the admin channels on Discord.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Dopamiin
Byond Username: Dopamiin

Post by Dopamiin » #603266

goodmin, memes on me
Attachments
is it pizza.PNG
plays on manuel
carshalash
Byond Username: Carshalash

Post by carshalash » #607131

Told me to drink sand.

I did it.
Tearling
Byond Username: Tearling

Post by Tearling » #663440

Actually played Iji music for manuel.
Based.
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:41 am From my perspective, players just want to genuinely be listened to. And I don't mean it condescendingly, but to genuinely have their say and for admins to listen, process it and reply. Even if you don't give two shits about what the player is saying, even if you disagree with every part of what they say, players are less likely to leave an ahelp pissed off if you've listened to them and given a reply that directly addresses what they've told you.
spookuni
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Spookuni

Post by spookuni » #665562

Magma has retired :(