Iain0

Tell the admins how you think they're doing.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Iain0

Post by MrStonedOne » #602843

Please post any positive or negative feedback for the administrator here.
This is not the place to discuss ban appeals, admin complaints, or ban requests.
This is for specific feedback for this administrator.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
Cimika
Byond Username: Cimika

Re: Iain0

Post by Cimika » #602869

Universally loved as a player on Terry, Iain0 is respectful and thoughtful in how they approach administrating. Despite being pretty quiet, they seem to be the type to truck forward and do good. Good so far!
Queen of the 2020 Summer Ball
Spoiler:
From the legendary ShadowFlame thread :

LoveMirror
Byond Username: LoveMirror

Post by LoveMirror » #603150

Terry's most beloved CMO and great admin material. Beyond thoughtful, mature and understanding.

Updated due to: this.
Last edited by LoveMirror on Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
tattle
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Post by tattle » #609149

I often see them keeping an eye out late at night on lowpop Terry. Friendly to talk to and not afraid to ask for help when they need it. Keep it up!
Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #615260

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... ead#unread

I think their posts in this thread are a bad look and show a bad attitude towards policy discussion
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #615748

He's super fun to interact with ic, nothing but positivity on that end which I have great respect for. He plays an absolutely amazing cmo who I've grown to love. Outside of the game in the discord when I'm seething about some admin behaviour he always provides another angle to the discussion which I can always appreciate. His angles are often realistic and meet my perhaps hostile attitude with just facts. Honestly a great lad with a great outlook on things I hope he goes far.
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #615759

doubts, jonathan J gupta.

Good luck with getting into any other ss13 servers Iani010100000100111101010011
This shit is going everywhere
Everyone will know your little scheme
And we will find everyone involved
Fucking 010100000100111101010011
Living God

Extraordinary Person

IguanaDie
Byond Username: IguanaDie

Post by IguanaDie » #616335

Great dude, has helped me countless time, very informative, mature and cool all around. I think most of the crew appreciates you!
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #620975

Very Helpful! Did there best and did not give up on me when I got bugged out during a slightly unfair death. Truly deserves props for putting the effort in for the playerbase!
► Show Spoiler
virtualmass
Byond Username: Virtualmass

Post by virtualmass » #621422

He's always responsive to adminhelps, even for trivial questions, and he resolves issues competently and fairly. Late night Terry is well looked after.
Riggle
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Riggle

Post by Riggle » #625805

A great CMO and a great admin. Level headed and nice in tickets, always there to help whenever you need it. Others have already said a lot, and I agree with them wholeheartedly. Hands down one of the best members of the team.
Very cool link
Look at my cool text
Bojangles
Byond Username: BONESAW_IS_READY

Post by Bojangles » #625980

I have had no IC interactions with him that I can recall, but have had several ahelp/bwoink interactions. He remains calm & professional, explains his reasoning thoroughly, is willing to discuss details when asked, and communicates clearly & concisely. A great positive influence on the community and by far the best admin I've interacted with on any SS13 server.
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #634333

A very reasonable admin. Way more patient when handling ahelps than most players probably deserve.

I've had 3 interactions with them and they have always been polite and inquisitive, never rushing to conclusions or making assumptions.
Justice12354
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Justice12354

Post by Justice12354 » #634612

Great admin. Based opinions and takes. Incredible CMO. Amazing Healer. Makes jokes. Dies to Revs. Eats Donk-Pockets. Doesn't bake me Cookies. Too good to be true. Likely a CIA Agent.

Final Review: 9/10. I want my cookies.
Hey, I'm now an admin: Let me know what you think about me!
Spoiler:
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #639357

I've been on a lot of rounds with them recently and have to say they've been quite helpful in my endeavors, and very understanding in ahelps. 10/10 would play another round when they're adminning. They're good at it.
► Show Spoiler
Annihilite111
Byond Username: Annihilite

Post by Annihilite111 » #640142

I ahelped him yesterday to ask if he'd spawn me a mythril sheet if i could reach legendary mining skill. The absolute madlad agreed, which lead to a great round for both me and the xenobiologist duo as we worked towards printing funny RPG toolboxes. The violent death of Terry would unfortunately preclude any opportunity to actually try them, but the anticipation was reward enough!
Iain has been one of the names i'm happiest to see in adminwho since i started playing. Not as good as Chimpston of course (RIP) but that isn't a mark against him! No one can equal Chimpston after all
YBS
Byond Username: YBS

Post by YBS » #640160

thera kinda cool make colossus dfirbble basketlball
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #643726

After a flukie fuck-up blew up their shuttle spent an enormous amount of effort trying to get the round back on track. Keep up the good work!
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #644554

This dude rules and is like active & cool and basically just get rid of all of the other admins like give up go home you wont out admin him hes like the fourth headmin of the apocalypse.
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
Toparai
Byond Username: Toparai

Post by Toparai » #645678

Answers PM's almost instantly and always fairly and helpfully. Usually the only admin on late at night at terry.

Keeps an eye on where I build my garbo supermatters. (:
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Post by Striders13 » #652288

this guy is actually good at admin work, I learned a lot from him during my trial.
Unit2E
Byond Username: Unit2E

Post by Unit2E » #657138

I said I'd leave a positive comment on their thread like half a lifetime ago, and I'd always forgotten to until right now, but here it is. Iain0 is the most active and consistent Terry admin that anyone could even dream of. They're ALWAYS around on Terry, including late night affairs, and is one of few admins that stick around for that time. They have a light touch with button pushing, while still being willing and friendly while helping out people that got the short end of the stick in some way with bugs or bizarre circumstances during deadpop rounds. In basically all ways the absolute picture perfect example of consistency and being professional. They're a fun player, as well, generally as CMO. Actually willing to talk, and a generally friendly, calming and fun presence in medbay. Now when are they gonna get headmin?
adamkad1
Byond Username: Adamkad1

Post by adamkad1 » #661327

Good person, but seems to bother people over things other admins ignore. Whether that's good or bad is up to you to decide.
Kubisopplay
Byond Username: Kubisopplay

Post by Kubisopplay » #661584

Inhumanly calm during ahelps. Has a great amount of admin tool knowledge, is one of best investigators on the team, and never shows any negative emotions during adminning. Also takes rounds that would make other admins need to take a break without a sweat. One of pillars that keep Terry afloat.
12/10, is probably a benevolent AI who's training to handle humans in controlled environment.
Silicon main, enough said
Tell me how badly I fucked up here: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=32575
LoveMirror
Byond Username: LoveMirror

Post by LoveMirror » #664480

After having seen Iain0's behaviour in viewtopic.php?f=53&t=33212 I will be updating my feedback.

Hurling insults and harassing a dude in deadsay just because he ruined your card game is beyond pathetic.
You should really rethink the way you act.
Image Image
Rofelix2
Byond Username: Rofelix2

Post by Rofelix2 » #668201

Logged in just to report on how calm this mang is, really elaborates on ahelps and is understanding, while what should be the usual sadly isn't on most others.

I've had many times where an admin would read an ahelp and brush it off and give a hard "no" with no more elaboration on it and an instant ticket close.

its refreshing seeing such a chill man on terry, only bad thing that comes in mind is that he doesn't admins sybil! 10/10
I love :brain:
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #669743

The nicest ahelps I've seen and been a part of.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here.
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #673933

Patience of a saint - I'd encourage admins to read https://bus.moth.fans/tickets/202627/5 for a nice chuckle
EDIT; I've just been in ANOTHER shift where they've been incredibly fun
NamelessFairy
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: NamelessFairy

Post by NamelessFairy » #689988

Concerningly active. Its tough to admin alongside them because they just handle so many tickets. One of Terry's best and Terry wouldn't be the same without them. Also really friendly and fun to talk to. Keep up the good work and leave some tickets for the rest of us.
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #694497

Great to admin alongside, fantastic sense of humour and just strikes me as a good guy.
LEDDDriver
Byond Username: LEDDriver

Post by LEDDDriver » #698061

The question of "Is he going to burn out?" stopped being relevant a long time ago, Iain0 is just here for the endgame. Jokes aside he is an insanely active admin, this just spans 6 months back but 6 months ago it was the same image;
Image. On top of that he is level headed, very reasonable, very polite and helpful in ahelps. Every single interaction i have had with Iain0 as an admin has been positive. Recently, i was struggling with a tgui-bluescreen issue and long story short whatever initiatives he took after my ahelp apparently solved the issue for good (something something CDN; i couldn't open tgui menus including tgui chat). He could have told me "Yeah dude i have no idea probably something about CDN make a github report lol" but instead he tried to resolve it across 2 rounds before i went to sleep. Unfathomably professional.

His button pressing seem to be on my liking as well; not too much not too few considering everyone's experience and most of the time resorts,in his own words, to adding more threat and letting the game decide via dynamic.

Always admins during peak pop and hates revs with a passion, what else is there to say? Tg's finest.
TheIndomitableSpirit
Byond Username: DustedClothing233

Post by TheIndomitableSpirit » #701583

After completely derailing a ticket which was about a completely different thing that had already spanned a hour and a half had the audacity to tell me thirty minutes later that I was wasting his time, even though multiple times during the ticket he had completely failed to understand the logs, abruptly closed my ticket without even telling me about the final verdict about the ticket's original premise and gave me two notes for the same thing which both leave out contextually crucial information.
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Post by iain0 » #701586

TheIndomitableSpirit wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:24 pm After completely derailing a ticket which was about a completely different thing that had already spanned a hour and a half had the audacity to tell me thirty minutes later that I was wasting his time, even though multiple times during the ticket he had completely failed to understand the logs, abruptly closed my ticket without even telling me about the final verdict about the ticket's original premise and gave me two notes for the same thing which both leave out contextually crucial information.
I was going to play the next round so couldn't really carry the ticket into a 3rd round, that said, I think all things were concluded, one of the notes is not really appealable, and the other of the notes is there literally for you to appeal, as discussed in the ticket, so that you can make your case to others, because I wasn't convinced really by your reasoning, so go make an appeal and we can get some other people to look over your case and form a judgement, if vindicated then the note can be removed, and can also touch on the rest of your issues if you need to me to redress the conclusions in places.