[No Longer an Admin] Saegrimr

oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Saegrimr

Post by oranges » #186365

Bottom post of the previous page:

That's no reason to tell the general public who someone is.

It's bad behaviour, people should have the right to move to a new ckey and not have it made known by the people who need to know the previous for administrative action.

People change and they should be allowed to abandon their past
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #186367

If someone has truly changed they should try to make that clear to everyone rather than hide behind a different identity. Pap is doing that right now and it's mostly worked out for him.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
starmute
Byond Username: Starmute

Post by starmute » #186369

Saegrimr wrote:Your ckey isn't exactly "private information", and we do make note of all the different ckeys you (or anyone) have been under because people regularly try to make new ones thinking they can escape their old bad behavior, cultist-chan. You being a former trialmin should remember this.

Privacy is expected by the players. I could believe a exception can be made IF there you are using that information for a constructive purpose but in your case it wasn't. It was to create drama, something I tried to avoid in 2015 when I made the ckey. I played normally and only started grumbling on the forums when I felt things were becoming too centralized.

I didn't make it to "escape bad behavior". Additionally it is private information you don't hand out on the server. You do not give out information to anyone asking "what is John Sweeps Ckey". I'm not just a former trialmin. I used to be a admin in 2012 I think check the logs. It doesn't matter. I made another ckey to avoid drama. Your behavior was unprofessional and to be honest shit. I don't go out of my way to post about your job at the /jp/ board on 4chan, nor do I post pictures of your age or terrible haircut, your ckey, IP or your cid. Even if I'm not a admin anymore I still would never do that, that's shitty and honestly something you should keep to yourself.

You purposfully used that information to incite drama. It had nothing to do with the topic at hand. You basically wrecked the thread, even Kor thought what you were doing was embarrassing.

You never even knew me yet you seemed to fixate that I applied and got denied trial-adminship after trying to ban a person who was latter banned a month latter for doing the same behavior over and over again. How about all the good work I did in 2012 when they didn't have enough admins late nights and the server felt like it was dying.

Check my ckey logs. You'll note that I've never been perma-banned for anything nor did I "excape bad behavior". Regardless I play as a different character, I've talked with people on here who I actually didn't like back in 2013, and now seem alright.

Can you HONESTLY say that you used information hidden from the public ( I.E. private information) to do something other than create drama?

If you cannot you were knowingly violating the Admin Code of conduct.
Last edited by starmute on Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
starmute

Post by starmute » #186370

Zilenan91 wrote:If someone has truly changed they should try to make that clear to everyone rather than hide behind a different identity. Pap is doing that right now and it's mostly worked out for him.
I only made the new Ckey due to someone telling me I should to avoid drama. IRONY. Again I was never a bad player and I was never forum banned. At worst I was job banned by threadstrong in 2011??or early 2012??? for a week due to killing a syndicate with a harm baton when I thought I was just stunning him as a asimov borg.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #186507

If someone doesn't want you to reveal their ckey you probably shouldn't reveal their ckey, and if you do you definitely shouldn't dance around saying 'oh well it's not ~PRIVATE INFORMATION~ so I'm allowed'!

Poor form
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #186608

Zilenan91 wrote:If someone has truly changed they should try to make that clear to everyone rather than hide behind a different identity. Pap is doing that right now and it's mostly worked out for him.
Reputation takes moments to erase and years to rebuild.

I'm feel very strongly on this point so I won't debate it too much to avoid making Saeg's thread a mess.
A3STH3T1CS
Byond Username: Mack3r3l

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #186622

gettin` all deep up in here
banned consecutively from multiple communities
professional space law botanist
<Pirou> Xhuis: You have 10 unread memos. You may read them by speaking in the channel. <Xhuis> ?!
<Chocobro> aesthetics is the best flower maker
Username change: Mackerel -> A3STH3T1CS
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #186623

If you're going to be a problem, then try to change names and continue to be a problem, don't expect us to treat you as some brand new asshole we've never dealt with before. Getting into some deathoof-tier "I'VE BEEN REBORN AS A NEW MAN" shit.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #186626

I suppose another round of therapy from the stresses of 2d spessmans is the only answer
#norighttobeforgotten

but seriously this is the exact opposite of avoiding drama. and I have no idea what possessed you to re-highlight your own history by re-igniting the argument in such a way as to ensure anyone who might remember your antics and also missed the big reveal, such as myself, is almost guaranteed to see it now. Whiny Mcsympathy rides again, You are your own worst enemy,
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #186628

Falamazeer wrote:but seriously this is the exact opposite of avoiding drama. and I have no idea what possessed you to re-highlight your own history by re-igniting the argument in such a way as to ensure anyone who might remember your antics and also missed the big reveal, such as myself, is almost guaranteed to see it now. Whiny Mcsympathy rides again, You are your own worst enemy,
This, you really shot yourself in the foot on this one.

It's this same dramawhoring attitude of yours which is probably the root cause of why you felt the need to change ckeys in the first place, and here you are again drawing more attention to yourself on the fact of "I WAS TRYING TO BE SOMEONE ELSE, BUT THIS COMPLAINT MONTHS LATER REMINDING EVERYBODY IS YOUR FAULT".

Jesus christ if you actually had a privacy concern, wouldn't it be a better idea to PM another admin/headmin/MSO instead of turning yourself into a circus? This is why I don't believe a damn word you say. Also,
starmute wrote: You do not give out information to anyone asking "what is John Sweeps Ckey".
Yes, we do. The game would give this information out anyway if they were an antag, or through our PUBLIC LOGS THAT SHOW IT ALL.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
starmute

Post by starmute » #186660

Falamazeer wrote:I suppose another round of therapy from the stresses of 2d spessmans is the only answer
#norighttobeforgotten

but seriously this is the exact opposite of avoiding drama. and I have no idea what possessed you to re-highlight your own history by re-igniting the argument in such a way as to ensure anyone who might remember your antics and also missed the big reveal, such as myself, is almost guaranteed to see it now. Whiny Mcsympathy rides again, You are your own worst enemy,
I don't care about it anymore since apparently a shit admin will bring up that I used to play as someone else. I would love to hear what his major problem with that was aside from "you changed ckeys whaaaa". It would be like if bromethis, TLE, or any other admin decided to play as a player instead of a admin.
starmute

Post by starmute » #186666

Yes, we do. The game would give this information out anyway if they were an antag, or through our PUBLIC LOGS THAT SHOW IT ALL.
I'll remember that next time someone asks to metagrudge players herp derp. Regardless it was private information. Nobody could have accessed it but a admin. Kinda like your stupid shit that is floating out there.

I don't even know why I'm talking to you at this point but I guess I'll address the core issue before ending our "debate".

Regardless in my opinion you are a really crappy admin. If you can't even sympathize with your players and be a moderator instead of using your power to throw ad hominem attacks then why are you here? You reopen old wounds and re-create drama because you don't agree with someone's opinion.

Thats my feedback.

I actually took time to sit back, and let this issue stew with me before posting on your feedback so I wouldn't be impassioned about it and I wouldn't attack you as a person. Even though I doubt you will appreciate that I hope others can look over this and try not to get angry at the person but at the issue.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #186675

The difference is i'm not pretending I cut all ties with a forum only to come back and act like a turbobaby under a new name like I had nothing to do with it.
You're entitled to your shitty opinions, just like I am to call you out for having them.
The real fucking joke here is how you try to pull up the high stool here with "muh ad hom attacks" when its convenient for you when you think people forget about how much of a turd you were.
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #186728

Still the only admin to have ever backed off when they realised they were wrong in something.
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
A3STH3T1CS

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #187161

Go into detail Bawop
<Pirou> Xhuis: You have 10 unread memos. You may read them by speaking in the channel. <Xhuis> ?!
Whoisthere
Byond Username: Whoisthere

Post by Whoisthere » #203877

I was working late and then had a ton of beer with my bud while walking the streets and then I had a dream I was playing ss13 and was pm'd by SoS he told me to go to this internet facility where there were clones of Saeg I went there via browser it looked like Ian Miller painted/drew it like that comic about that city where rats ruled over humans or like old Rogue Trader illustrations, anyway I had this claw like on those machines in malls where you have to pull out toys and shit and I had to pull out Saeg clones out of vats with the claw and had to drop them at the space station right on top of rule breakers so newly cloned Saegs could get the taste of blood and know who to ban in the future, who to go after, it was a kind of feverish dream that's not really filled with horror but has all the other marks of a nightmare and when you wake up you're not quite sure where you are and it seems more real than reality for a while so yeah just thought I should share
Sad elegy
Highly suitable for use in funerals
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #203890

What
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #203894

Jesus Christ Saeg why do you always get all the weird feedback
J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

Post by J_Madison » #203906

that avatar gets me every time.
someone comes in to my office, doesn't give a damn about the 4 monitors but immediately asks me why there's a cartoon girl pouring coke onto herself.

what is this, touhou?
https://puu.sh/qDGaD/d8e579b446.jpg
lollerderby
Byond Username: Lollerderby
Github Username: lollerderby

Post by lollerderby » #203961

sagemirer is a great admin because he doesnt take shit i would vote him for headmin tbh
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, ">rylie talking shit and not actually doing anything again"
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, "What a twist"
A3STH3T1CS

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #203972

I think he's made mistakes in the past by being too rash but, he's not a bad guy.
However, I don't think it's a good thing to be publicly noted as not taking any shit from anyone, unless you like that sort of thing. Otherwise, enjoy your parent-like image?
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #203975

being sarcastic and abrasive isn't 'not taking shit from anyone'
When you come across as a burnt out DMV clerk from moderating a 2d spessman game you got your own issues to deal with.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
Reyn
Byond Username: ReynTime13

Post by Reyn » #205227

He's a bit harsh, and might not understand everyone, but arent we all like that

[flash=]Kinda like my mom[/flash]
I play Trevor Fea on Bagil, And Giorno Giovanna on terry. Yes, I'm THAT raging asshole. Sorry for being such a cunt.
Have I told you how much I hate engineering, by the way?
J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #207628

Excellent conduct as admin.
Does what he says, says what he does.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #207739

I'd whip his ass in a turkish wrestling match.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #207746

oranges wrote:I'd whip his ass in a turkish wrestling match.
Cmon leatherboy lets see what you got.
J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #207772

Saegrimr wrote:
oranges wrote:I'd whip his ass in a turkish wrestling match.
Cmon leatherboy lets see what you got.
oil up fucker
you ain't got shit on turkish oil wrestling
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #208518

Made a totally biased call earlier and didn't say a word to two guards who disabled me and the clown as I try to save him from spacing. Their stuns killed us both.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #208616

No I think you throwing bluespace tomatoes at him and spacing him is what killed the clown. Like I told you in-game, it can either be an IC issue on both sides or an OOC issue on both sides, instead you decided to try and con Lzimann into your complaint and he told you the same thing. Better luck next time.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #208786

I would have gotten him out had shitcurity not attacked us both. Emphasis on both. We were both disabled into a stun by sec while in space. Both. Both. Both.

But no obviously me trying to save him and dying with him doesn't factor into anything at all, poor sec didn't understand what was going on, they were well within their rights to stun someone as they struggle to escape the vacuum of space before they die
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #208826

saegrimr is a hero
Slignerd
Github User
Byond Username: Slignerd
Github Username: Slignerd

Post by Slignerd » #208837

shitposts in my threads :(
It would appear that I'm a high RP weeb who hates roleplay and anime.
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #208941

Cik wrote:saegrimr is a hero
When a shitter appears, there's few people better than Saeg to effectively handle the incident, and he's got a decently good radar at detecting good from bad. Not perfect, but then who is. From my own experiences, I simply don't see him go off on random people or anything as his 'oh he's so tough and mean' attitude may suggest. He's like that to people who tend to earn it, a lot.
RIP
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #208959

I'm a bit more "candid" with people who have been around a while, which probably comes off as pretty dickish. I just expect them to know better since they've been around so long but whatever.
A3STH3T1CS

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #208991

one of your notes towards me is literally "you should know better"
and while i want to dislike you, i know it'd be wrong to start because you have done a lot of good shit.
bman
Github User
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

pepsiman

Post by bman » #219004

people hate him but he's usually right.

his current avatar is too lewd.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Re: pepsiman

Post by ThanatosRa » #219263

bman wrote:people hate him but he's usually right.

his current avatar is too lewd.
Agreed. I know, Cirno is an adult... kind of, but jesus Saeg.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #219265

Find me something funnier then, i'm (always have been) creatively bankrupt.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #219266

All I think of is BananaMan screenshots and that's kind of my schtick. I dunno, we'll see.

Either way that bitch is retarded enough to think that Pepsi is good.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #245502

Admits to gaslighting entire stations.
Press criminal charges.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Cw3040
Byond Username: Cw3040

Post by Cw3040 » #246695

Singulo hates him. He must be doing something right.

Likes Pepsi. He must be doing something wrong, for he does not like the superior cola, Royal Crown.
Last edited by Cw3040 on Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
GREYTIDE STATIONWIDE
ImageImage
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #246707

RC is an acceptable substitute.
Cw3040
Byond Username: Cw3040

Post by Cw3040 » #246708

Saegrimr wrote:RC is an acceptable substitute.
Pepsi is not an acceptable substitute to RC.

There are no well-known acceptable substitutes for the Royal Crown god-cola, for it is heresy to attempt to concoct a recipe that surpasses Royal Crown.
Spoiler:
GREYTIDE STATIONWIDE
ImageImage
A3STH3T1CS

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #246731

I thought he was a real shit, however he's actually just a regular dude.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #246756

Cw3040 wrote:Singulo hates him. He must be doing something right.
This is the highest form of praise one can aspire to as an admin.
YBS
Byond Username: YBS

Post by YBS » #250728

Even if/because he dealt my permaban, I recognize he is the space gestapo the station needs.

Hope it can be cited if he ever comes under fire that he is the countering force on any leniency to chronic shittery. The Yin to the Yang.

Knows when he's right and commits. Admits when he's wrong.

Even if my perma had stayed perma, my respect for his decision making, research and dedication to policy (in spite of volunteerism) would have been the same.

These are my impressions as a relative newguy.
Last edited by YBS on Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #250734

>Admits when he's wrong

I've never once seen Saeg admit they were wrong on anything ever, and there have assuredly been many times where he was wrong.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
YBS
Byond Username: YBS

Post by YBS » #250735

I'll edit this post and add screenpops if you want, from the forum I've been ruse cruising in lieu of gameplay. I know you guys are basically best friends at this point so I know you are going to want every detail possible to clear his name.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #251123

ShadowDimentio wrote:>Admits when he's wrong

I've never once seen Saeg admit they were wrong on anything ever, and there have assuredly been many times where he was wrong.
That's because when you talk he ISN'T wrong.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #251130

OH FUCK
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #251138

ThanatosRa wrote:
ShadowDimentio wrote:>Admits when he's wrong

That's because when you talk he ISN'T wrong.
wew wew :ai: