[No Longer Admin] Nabski

Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Re: Nabski

Post by Nabski » #437499

Bottom post of the previous page:

For reference, the "events" for the night were.

Let a player become a security borg. It required captain/HOS request to centcomm, an ed-209, and their brain. For extra scrutiny there was an extra announcement at the end to make sure they didn't break their laws since I didn't watch them all shift.

I told ghosts on an announced extended they could do a trader event with a ship. They requested magical traders. I got two people interested and made them understand and agree they were to stick at the ship and if they needed something particularly special ahelp for the trade. One of them hit summon events guns and magic and I just sighed as there was no fixing that mess. I ended up giving them a fireball spell and polymorph wand for customers. This was an unmitigated disaster but I'm not unhappy about having tried to do it.

An enhanced security report naming the exact type and number of antags (3 lings and 6 traitors).

An alien hunter, which I then gave split personality. Then an alien hunter hunter. Neither did very well.

I gave a pickaxe to a player stuck in lavaland walls because they prayed. They continued interacting with the gods and I eventually gave them a quest to use a gorilla syringe on the captain. I think they managed it.

A haunted bar of soap, it spun and would move and casually try to slip people.

Changed the nickname of a player who was trying to make Firstname 'Nickname' Lastname a thing on this server, as I think that's bad naming form. It was very unflattering.

And that's it for things I spawned/did during approximately 6 hours worth of rounds for the evening.

I mean obviously I'm not going to do event's when I'm an antag. That would be retarded.
Hathkar
Byond Username: Hathkar

Post by Hathkar » #437502

I wasn't referring specifically to tonight's events.

There's a joke I heard in ooc. "How do you know if Gene Ball is antag?" "If he's moving." The underlying meaning is that you play only for antag and frequently went afk if you didn't get it before you were an admin. Now instead of going afk, you can admin and do events.

The joke isn't very funny because I had to explain it.
Nabski

Post by Nabski » #437505

Nah it's a good joke, with a touch of truth. I was just annoyed because I've been actively trying to move away for create antag events as often. I really thought the wizqrd traders would go over well for announced extended, but hey player thought up player messed up it was worth a try.
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #437728

Nabski wrote:An enhanced security report naming the exact type and number of antags (3 lings and 6 traitors).
Uhhhhh
Nabski wrote:Changed the nickname of a player who was trying to make Firstname 'Nickname' Lastname a thing on this server, as I think that's bad naming form. It was very unflattering.
the rules wrote:Rule 3 Precedents.
Excessively OOC names fall under rule 3. Make a minimum effort to have your name fit in a setting involving a wacky space station in the future. A firstname lastname minimum is required and no honorifics are allowed. Nicknames in the middle are ok. Admins may get involved if your name is dumb and can approve or disallow names at their discretion while ingame.
Hathkar
Byond Username: Hathkar

Post by Hathkar » #437770

Sure, why not. I'll throw these in too.
Rules about admin stuff wrote:Don't be a hypocrite. If you're doing something you'd normally ban someone for doing, you're breaking this.

Don't spam sounds and events. If you're queuing sounds one after the other, or if you're running an event every day, you're doing it too often.

Carefully consider factors like the current server population, time of round, how many afk people there are, how many dead people there are, whether people are enjoying the round already or busy with projects, etc. before you start pressing buttons.

A good litmus test for whether the event/badminning you're doing is appropriate or not, is to think about whether you would have found it appropriate as a player or not.

Above all, you're here to keep the game fun and fair for the players.

If you need someone to fill a role in-game, such as an event character or someone who is AFK, prioritize players over admins. We're here to create fun for them, not for ourselves. If you are killing or otherwise acting as an antag as an event character yourself, think twice.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #438799

"Don't be a hypocrite. If you're doing something you'd normally ban someone for doing, you're breaking this."

It's cool how we ban players for blatant antag rolling and then Nabski gets away with it every time he plays- i mean afks at his spawn and admins. It's so obvious he does this, it's a hard tell for even the players that whenever nabski is moving after roundstart and is deadminned, he's an antagonist. It's a funny joke when used on Imsxz, who actually plays the game as a nonantagonist and just happens to get a lot of ghost antags. It's not funny when it's actually something the admin does.

And yes, he has noted people for this. At least he admitted it was ironic:

"Has a tendency to be AFK right after round starts for 10ish minutes. Keep an eye for this. I have not talked to them about it yet. I realize the irony of me making this note." (Player anonymized as this is a secret note.)

Nabski also doesn't seem to understand the rules are a rough guideline for admins to follow, and that we should be enforcing the spirit over the exact wording. Two of his most recent bans (banning hathkar for SM suicide as a borg in the last minute of the round and banning sharksie for two days over justified borg blowing) are just indiscriminate application of the rules (in the latter case, incorrect) without taking into account the round's circumstances or the player's point of view.

Additionally, Nabski apparently likes to push what he wants the rules to be rather than what the rules actually are. Most recently, the thing about going out of his way to tell people off for usage of the word rape, and the "no nicknames" thing even though it's specifically allowed in naming policy.

If this was a small isolated instance on another admin, I wouldn't complain so much. However, this consistent hamfisted use of admin tools does not benefit the server or players. These things might not be complaint worthy on their own, but when a chain of incidents like these happen with the same admin, it's time for the admin to go. Waiting for a huge incident to get rid of them or demoting them to a trial is a mistake- the former takes forever to happen and it's not very hard to be a good boi for two months as a trial so you get promoted. It's unlikely anything will come of this post, but I sincerely hope Nabski takes this as a wake up alarm to fix his adminning.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Nabski

Post by Nabski » #438805

Beesting, how do you go from
"doesn't seem to understand the rules are a rough guideline for admins to follow, and that we should be enforcing the spirit over the exact wording"
directly into
"apparently likes to push what he wants the rules to be rather than what the rules actually are."
Without realizing that the two are directly related, and that IS me trying to enforce what I had read the spirit of the rules to be.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #438806

You fucked up and read the spirit of the rules incorrectly then.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #438900

BeeSting12 wrote:It's a funny joke when used on Imsxz, who actually plays the game as a nonantagonist and just happens to get a lot of ghost antags. It's not funny when it's actually something the admin does.
You're kinda right on it being a joke however I feel like it's legitimately true at times. I do know they CAN actually play as non-antag, though

I don't like admins who get antag and don't do cool stuff with it. It's just a personal preference on me hating murderbone and admins who murderbone, though.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #438945

I won’t hide the fact that I’m biased as fuck on borderline rule 8 bans. For good reason too. See these links:
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... da#p425549
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... da#p435409

Anyways pre headmin ruling disagreed with your interpretation of rule 8, you believed this was harmful to the server and ran for headmin. Nothing wrong there, you were trying to change something you didn’t think was right. You didn’t get headmin, so does this die now? Could the new headmins give their take?

To be clear, I’m making this post just to clear some things up and see how you will go about it in the future. I don’t want Nabski punished or anything, hes a decent admin, very active admin, which shouldn’t be forgotten.

Oh uh also jerry what do you even mean. I can’t even tell if you’re commenting on Nabski or imsxz, or if its even feedback at all.
[this space reserved]
Nabski

Post by Nabski » #438947

Yeah, sadly it dies.
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #439102

Hathkar wrote:There's a joke I heard in ooc. "How do you know if Gene Ball is antag?" "If he's moving." The underlying meaning is that you play only for antag and frequently went afk if you didn't get it before you were an admin.
Wait, is Nabski Gene Ball? HAH, this is great. When I play sec he's one of the couple static names I keep an eye on because it seems like he's almost always an antag and there's gonna be trouble. Usually of the hulk smash kind. I don't go out of my way to meta him or spy on him but if I see him in a crowd I usually notice and look at what he's doing.

Ryan Cobb is also on that list :P but he's not always antag, I just know I'm usually going to have to brig him for something stupid for a few minutes at some point if he's not on sec himself.
--Crocodillo

Nabski

Post by Nabski » #439108

DON"T MIND ME
GRAH
I'LL JUST BE OVER HERE
UGGRHH
UGGRHH
GRAH
MINDING MY OWN BUSINESS NOT SMASHING ALL THE TABLES AND CHAIRS
Shezza
Byond Username: Wilchen

Post by Shezza » #439476

Has a bad habit of ignoring tickets/handling them badly.
Thanks for all the dopamine.

You (cough), you haven't won here. You and your mutie-bastard friends are gonna join me in a big ol' mushroom cloud sendoff. I just triggered the self-destruct. (Heh, heh; cough, cough,...) The work will go on. You didn't do nothing here, 'cept seal your own death warrants. Duty, (cough) honor... courage... Semper Fiiiii........
Nabski

Post by Nabski » #439496

Can you give me an example on this, for both types?
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #439505

Shezza wrote:Has a bad habit of ignoring tickets
How would you know hes ignoring them and not just being unable to attend to them unless he told you as much
Shezza wrote:handling them badly.
'He's bad' isnt feedback
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

obscolene
Byond Username: Obscolene

Post by obscolene » #439506

WarbossLincoln wrote:
Hathkar wrote:There's a joke I heard in ooc. "How do you know if Gene Ball is antag?" "If he's moving." The underlying meaning is that you play only for antag and frequently went afk if you didn't get it before you were an admin.
Wait, is Nabski Gene Ball? HAH, this is great. When I play sec he's one of the couple static names I keep an eye on because it seems like he's almost always an antag
That's because he goes AFK if he doesn't roll antag. He's like Mercy Tara except he somehow got admin.
Edit: I realize now after posting this that the post you were replying to literally said the same thing as mine
[center]sc#4622 | everybodygangstauntilnig.ga (UPDATED FREQUENTLY)[/center]
[03:46:59]EMOTE: The Dreamweaver/(Steve Leaf) : <b>Steve Leaf</b> starts jacking lizard dick. (129,128,2)
[03:47:33]SAY: Steve Leaf/The Dreamweaver : OH FUCK IM CHOAKING (129,128,2)
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
Shezza
Byond Username: Wilchen

Post by Shezza » #439508

Nabski wrote:Can you give me an example on this, for both types?
A good example is that one time i ahelped, and the way you handled my ticket was to aghost, orbit me for 5 seconds then you went back to playing genetics. I believe I raised it up to you later on discord and citrus said himself that it was complaint worthy.

other example being, https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 34&t=19450
Owegno wrote:This ban is one of the worst I've seen in awhile.
Last edited by PKPenguin321 on Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed stupid shit
Thanks for all the dopamine.

You (cough), you haven't won here. You and your mutie-bastard friends are gonna join me in a big ol' mushroom cloud sendoff. I just triggered the self-destruct. (Heh, heh; cough, cough,...) The work will go on. You didn't do nothing here, 'cept seal your own death warrants. Duty, (cough) honor... courage... Semper Fiiiii........
Nabski

Post by Nabski » #439529

Oh good, I at least remember this.
Mickyan
Github User
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Post by Mickyan » #454762

Made an awful event that essentially made half of the crew valid to the other half

Seemed apologetic about it after ahelps inevitably started coming in but I would advise against making events that come at the expense of half the server, in the future
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Yeah, ok nabski, I guess you could call that an event

Post by confused rock » #461267

Nabski has performed what is quite possibly the worst event I've ever seen, in response to things that happen every round.

One round was announced extended. Nabski is doing a generic centcomm inspection gimmick unannounced. There is a massive amount of shitters tiding against sec. Security has to guillotine people, though I don't know the details (I know they weren't doing it wanton, because I shot a fucking fireball at the warden and at the hos and I was spared.) When the official gets to sec, the hos decides it'd be interesting to try to extort the official into giving the station a higher rating. Assistant with telekinesis thinks that sec is trying to guillotine the inspector. more riots break out. Araylina kills the warden after I steal his id to bust in to rescue the centcomm official. The official dies of unrelated causes before the round ends.

As the round ends, centcomm announces there will be punishments for the failed inspection.
That round was pretty normal for how bad announced extended is, but nabski is treating this like it's the first they've ever seen and are furious.

As the next round is starting, nabski starts announcing (in ooc, no permanent notice is made) and finishes announcing a minute after the round starts, the following vague rules are announced:

Security will have to do 'paperwork' for every arrest.

Security will follow space law + 2 severity. (This means that it is a capital crime to push someone or slip someone or something) they need a stamp for executions. This will make tide much much worse.

SECURITY WHO DO NOT FOLLOW THE ABOVE RULES PROPERLY WILL BE BANNED. (Araylina, the greytider from the previous round who murdered the warden, is supportive of this.)

I realised halfway through that it was a shitty idea to play that round, and observed. The first thing I heard in deadchat was nabski recruiting a centcomm inspector, and saying they'd punish any nonantag who fucked with them.

Anyone who rolled sec is now a prisoner of this round who has to play properly or Nabski is going to shit on them. The HOS from the previous round was HOS again, to name one.

I've seen a few events where people would be punished for being a huge faggot, but I've never before in my life seen an event where someone just changes the fucking rules. Nabski was really fucking salty, and I can only imagine how it would've gone if I rolled sec that round. Even if they didn't ban anyone in the end, that was such a sloppy fucking threat that shouldn't have came to be.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #461275

I mean unless anyone actually got banned why are you being salty on behalf of people who may or may not have enjoyed it?
Nabski

Post by Nabski » #461277

Yeah this event was shit.

I can think of plenty of events where the rules have been changed. The easiest example are some "purge" type events or just your generic "no rules round". I tried to go the other way.

The "if you're a terrible officer I'm going to ban you" warning was just to keep people from signing up in an attempt to get turbo valids on anyone who they see breaking and entering, which would have been technically valid under what I had said for the event. No-one got banned.

I mentioned that I would rulewise protect the centcomm inspector because there is a headmin ruling (which I can't seem to find that you shouldn't be attacking non-hostile event characters [aka inspectors, but I've even had the person who wrote that ruling request I apply it to the time I did a king conga TC trade and some guy was hellbent on killing the giant monkey leading the 20 person conga line]).
subject217
Github User
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Post by subject217 » #461285

This is the ruling you're thinking of. https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 58#p340869
Nabski

Post by Nabski » #461287

subject217 wrote:This is the ruling you're thinking of. https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 58#p340869
Thank you. I thought it had been a pinned thing somewhere at the top of one of the forums.
lmwevil
Byond Username: Lmwevil

Post by lmwevil » #463157

has perhaps the most successful complaints of any active admin still on the server, needs a badge

edit: a badge
Attachments
powerful badge of complaints
powerful badge of complaints
Badge.png (29.45 KiB) Viewed 6390 times
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #463162

True to the message that "When you get knocked down. You get back up again"

Dude is literally a DnD Tank at this rate.
► Show Spoiler
Tabski
Byond Username: Tabski

Post by Tabski » #463175

As my brother/SS13 mentor, Nabski has done a stellar job teaching me the ropes over the past year. Some memorable moments that really showcase his value as an admin:
  • I once asked him how to deconstruct a plasma statue. He told me to use a welder. To his credit, the statue did go away
  • He taught me how to hack doors before teaching me how to feed my character
  • I used to have a problem with tiders raiding my workplace but he taught me how to fend them off... by giving me a lot of first hand experience as he tided my workplace every round.
  • He taught me how to make my mulebots reach their destination faster... by disabling their safety without explaining what it would do.
  • He taught me a lot of chem recipes. Mostly the lethal/illegal ones though; whenever I would ask him how to make a healing drug like Clonexadone he usually has no idea how to do it.
  • The first time he taught me a lethal chem was during war ops. He failed to mention the part where the regular syringes can't pierce syndicate suits until I was already dead and he was laughing his ass off.
  • I didn't even know robotics could make medibots for the longest time; the way he showed me how to play it mostly involved running around tiding with RIPLEYS or tasing random people with a GYGAX.
  • When I first started he claimed every TG server was "low-to-medium RP"
  • Once he got sick of answering my questions so he forced a guy he was otherwise going to ban to babysit me and teach me botany. While sketchy, this was unironically the most helpful/productive thing I've witnessed him do as an admin.
  • I once complained about extended so he made the next round clock cult (wasn't in rotation at the time). I no longer complain about extended.
  • I once complained about box station so he forced the next map to be omega station during bagil high pop hours. I no longer complain about box station.
Overall I'd give my brother a perfect 5/7 amazing admin.
subject217
Github User
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Post by subject217 » #464877

Sad that it ended like this to be honest. Wish you had listened to me.
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #464878

rip my brother
Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Post by Nervere » #464880

Nabski has been deadminned, closing thread.