[No Longer Admin] Nervere

MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

[No Longer Admin] Nervere

Post by MrStonedOne » #393258

Please post any positive or negative feedback for the administrator here.
This is not the place to discuss ban appeals, admin complaints, or ban requests.
This is for specific feedback for this administrator.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Re: Nervere

Post by Dax Dupont » #393313

As I noted in the discord and to headmins because I couldn't leave feedback publically before:
This is some grade a admining, admits his fault due to a confusing situation but explains his original reasoning with great effort.
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=16274 well done nevere

It takes more to admit you're wrong than you're right. Not only did you admit you were wrong, you explained your original reasoning and where you went wrong with grace amd no hostility towards the user.

I am really impressed by this, even though I'm just a player. I hope others take example from this.
Doctor Pork
Byond Username: Doctor_Pork

Post by Doctor Pork » #394288

Brett gud. Fun to admin with. Does a good job handling issues and following up after they're taken care of.

+1
oranges wrote:pork, the nondescript, commoner king, literally so stealth you could just your normal name in OOC and nobody would know, long may he reign as the secret commander
Deitus wrote:If your signature is scrollable it's too long and fucking obnoxious and you should feel bad
Link to my feedback thread. Go there.
PKPenguin321 wrote:I've been had by yet another tg boondoggle
chanoc1
Byond Username: Chanoc1

Post by chanoc1 » #412235

it seems like he doesnt give a very good response in ahelps, although it could be fault on my part. however i feel like he needs to read escalation rules edit: also rule 1
Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Post by Nervere » #412278

chanoc1 wrote:it seems like he doesnt give a very good response in ahelps, although it could be fault on my part. however i feel like he needs to read escalation rules edit: also rule 1
Could you elaborate on what you mean/what you're referring to, please?
I'm not sure how to better myself from this because I don't know the interaction that you're talking about.
chanoc1

Post by chanoc1 » #412285

Nervere wrote:
chanoc1 wrote:it seems like he doesnt give a very good response in ahelps, although it could be fault on my part. however i feel like he needs to read escalation rules edit: also rule 1
Could you elaborate on what you mean/what you're referring to, please?
I'm not sure how to better myself from this because I don't know the interaction that you're talking about.
if i did go into specifics im sure itll be dismissed as salt/ic issue
Nervere

Post by Nervere » #412286

chanoc1 wrote:if i did go into specifics im sure itll be dismissed as salt/ic issue
I understand you may not feel comfortable discussing the issue in an open forum, that's fine.
If you ever feel that I am unclear in the future, please let me know so I can make sure we have a mutual understanding of the situation.
Thank you for the feedback!!
chanoc1

Post by chanoc1 » #412294

just to give a little more details that might remind you, it was between me and DaxYeen may 21 on bagil, it was pretty late.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #412297

Spoiler if you post vague bullshit like this that's citing rule 1 then everyone is going to dismiss it as salt anyway.

Also giving cryptic hints isn't feedback, especially when admins might see 5-10 rounds with 10+ tickets each in a single evening.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
chanoc1

Post by chanoc1 » #412305

its being sorted on server, i did not want to indict anyone publically get off my dick-- if it isnt feedback, then next time ill post full details to make it feeback
Nervere

Post by Nervere » #412313

Chanoc1 and I discussed this issue in a follow-up ticket in-game.
The issue he had ahelped about was on round #88274 on Basil.

It concerned the following situation:
He (Jason Burns) had become embroiled in a conflict with Caroline Dupont, in which the two disagreed with one another over a patient. They were both medical doctors.
Caroline didn't want a patient of Jason's, a lizard named Kisses-The-Guys, to be in the medbay, as said patient had bear-trapped someone named Chad Fisher. They believed that said patient was dangerous.
Caroline did not want the patient in medbay, which I think is reasonable, and Jason refused to remove him from the premises.
Chanoc1 expressed to me in the follow-up ahelp that he wasn't aware of the specifics of the background of his patient, but given the minor scale of this conflict, I don't think that changes anything.
Eventually, the conflict escalated with verbal attacks and incitements to arrest such as the following:

[15:03:17] Chanoc1/(Jason Burns): Arrest Caroline.
[15:03:24] Chanoc1/(Jason Burns): She is not a real doctor.
[15:04:28] Chanoc1/(Jason Burns): Well I'm the one trying to HEAL people you cat-eared whore.

The conflict ended with Jason being morphined, disposal'd, and demoted from Medical Doctor to Assistant.
I don't think this is over-escalation, especially since Chanoc1 was never put into critical condition or even hurt by Dupont.
In the end, they were in a fairly minor IC conflict and they received fairly minor IC consequences because of it.
Chanoc1 is free to disagree with my ruling, but I am of the opinion that nothing in this scenario was an actionable offense.

Thank you for submitting your feedback so that we could have a more in-depth discussion about this issue.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin

Post by Dax Dupont » #412317

Nervere wrote:Chanoc1 and I discussed this issue in a follow-up ticket in-game.
The issue he had ahelped about was on round #88274 on Basil.

It concerned the following situation:
He (Jason Burns) had become embroiled in a conflict with Caroline Dupont, in which the two disagreed with one another over a patient. They were both medical doctors.
Caroline didn't want a patient of Jason's, a lizard named Kisses-The-Guys, to be in the medbay, as said patient had bear-trapped someone named Chad Fisher. They believed that said patient was dangerous.
Caroline did not want the patient in medbay, which I think is reasonable, and Jason refused to remove him from the premises.
Chanoc1 expressed to me in the follow-up ahelp that he wasn't aware of the specifics of the background of his patient, but given the minor scale of this conflict, I don't think that changes anything.
Eventually, the conflict escalated with verbal attacks and incitements to arrest such as the following:

[15:03:17] Chanoc1/(Jason Burns): Arrest Caroline.
[15:03:24] Chanoc1/(Jason Burns): She is not a real doctor.
[15:04:28] Chanoc1/(Jason Burns): Well I'm the one trying to HEAL people you cat-eared whore.

The conflict ended with Jason being morphined, disposal'd, and demoted from Medical Doctor to Assistant.
I don't think this is over-escalation, especially since Chanoc1 was never put into critical condition or even hurt by Dupont.
In the end, they were in a fairly minor IC conflict and they received fairly minor IC consequences because of it.
Chanoc1 is free to disagree with my ruling, but I am of the opinion that nothing in this scenario was an actionable offense.

Thank you for submitting your feedback so that we could have a more in-depth discussion about this issue.
To be exact the HoP demoted him, though I asked him about the situation.
BebeYoshi
Byond Username: BebeYoshi

Post by BebeYoshi » #412328

Great admin, is online frequently and is a nice player as well. Can't wait so smash that "Promote" in their trialmin thread
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #413781

I didn't post here yet? Just as good as a coder as he is an admin. Always online and extremely helpful. Has sat with me for hours to figure out a solution.
► Show Spoiler
Doctor Pork
Byond Username: Doctor_Pork

Post by Doctor Pork » #415519

Gave me some good advice. Really nice guy.
oranges wrote:pork, the nondescript, commoner king, literally so stealth you could just your normal name in OOC and nobody would know, long may he reign as the secret commander
Deitus wrote:If your signature is scrollable it's too long and fucking obnoxious and you should feel bad
Link to my feedback thread. Go there.
PKPenguin321 wrote:I've been had by yet another tg boondoggle
Spyroshark
Byond Username: Spyroshark

Post by Spyroshark » #415563

i have to say all things considered he is indeed an epic gamer
it's me. a real gamer.
gum disease
Byond Username: GUM DISEASE

Post by gum disease » #429344

Wonderful admin! He had to speak to me about a mistake I made today and was very nice and understanding during the whole conversation. Honestly, I was quite anxious and felt horrible about the situation, but he was very patient and kind while addressing the matter and it made me feel better.

He's also a very friendly player!
Image no aim, smooth brain, i'm a borg main.
teepeepee
Byond Username: Teepeepee

Post by teepeepee » #432839

here's that pageview and feedback you asked for buddy, keep on trucking
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #433183

Disgusting admin.

Stacked his RNG luck in a game of musical chairs.

Proceeded to rub it in in deadchat.

This is disgusting admin conduct, not befitting a tg representative.
[this space reserved]
Terra_GS
Byond Username: Terra_GS

Post by Terra_GS » #433220

One of the few admins that has given me code advice so I think he's pretty alright.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #433289

I'm here for my token. Nervere is a good admin.

Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Kel
Byond Username: Jaraxxus

Post by Kel » #435986

probably the nicest admin i've ever seen without feeling disingenuous... it's concerning. they might be a psychopath with a lot of experience in charming people. stay vigilant.
Shezza
Byond Username: Wilchen

Post by Shezza » #436093

Kel wrote:probably the nicest admin i've ever seen without feeling disingenuous... it's concerning. they might be a psychopath with a lot of experience in charming people. stay vigilant.
can confirm

definitely a psychopath

he's in our psychopath discord
Thanks for all the dopamine.

You (cough), you haven't won here. You and your mutie-bastard friends are gonna join me in a big ol' mushroom cloud sendoff. I just triggered the self-destruct. (Heh, heh; cough, cough,...) The work will go on. You didn't do nothing here, 'cept seal your own death warrants. Duty, (cough) honor... courage... Semper Fiiiii........
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #449982

I think nervere made good calls
- disallowing wiz suicide
- removing the ban about it that was made before the ruling was made
- stating you wont restrict antags beyond this
- not letting gamemasters mess with gameadmin bans

good work
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
bman
Github User
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Post by bman » #449998

i disagree with them disallowing wiz suicide but at least they handled the policy ruling well
subject217
Github User
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Post by subject217 » #450017

leibniz wrote:- removing the ban about it that was made before the ruling was made
wew lad we had to fight for that one
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #450045

subject217 wrote:
leibniz wrote:- removing the ban about it that was made before the ruling was made
wew lad we had to fight for that one
I suspected but it's good that he is willing to change his mind
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
Nervere

Post by Nervere » #450046

subject217 wrote:wew lad we had to fight for that one
Not exactly. As I understood it when I applied the ban, it was a grey area.
An admin posted a precedent that I hadn't seen before, showing me that I was wrong about it being a grey area, so I lifted the ban. Genuine mistake.
subject217
Github User
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Post by subject217 » #450061

leibniz wrote:I suspected but it's good that he is willing to change his mind
This is true, it is in fact an admirable quality to admit when you are making a bad decision and change your mind, which is something that Nervere has demonstrated multiple times, so that's good on him.
Nervere wrote:Not exactly. As I understood it when I applied the ban, it was a grey area.
An admin posted a precedent that I hadn't seen before, showing me that I was wrong about it being a grey area, so I lifted the ban. Genuine mistake.
If you consider "precedent" to be "a headmin voiced their personal opinion on something" that happened to coincide with the way everyone congruently moderated an issue for multiple months without ever being aware of, then you can say that it's a "precedent", yes.
Hathkar
Byond Username: Hathkar

Post by Hathkar » #451581

Ran two Nations rounds in one week. Shameful.
Nervere

Post by Nervere » #451584

Hathkar wrote:Ran two Nations rounds in one week. Shameful.
I didn't run the first one, but point taken.
tinodrima7020
Byond Username: TinoDrima7020

Post by tinodrima7020 » #451620

Unironically Runs And Enjoys Nations Rounds
Big Yikes
One Out Of Five
If you see this image please show Subject217 some love. He's in a dark place right now :(
Spoiler:
Fikou wrote:
The problem is that the autistic fucking admins on these SS13 servers, so drunk with power, so intoxicated on the scent of their sweaty ballsacks as they drown in 'decision making' and 'responsibility', things they've never had before, hand out permabans for next to nothing. Why not a 3 month ban? Why not a 6 month ban? No. A fucking perma ban. Nevermind that people change, nevermind that people have shitty days or good days, nevermind that FOREVER IS A FUCKING LONG TIME, no... Permabans. And then they expect you to appeal on the forums so they can have MORE POWER, MORE DECISION MAKING. "HOO HOO, LOOKIT ME MOMMY, I GET TO DECIDE THE FATE OF THIS MAN HOOOO HOOOOOO WOWEEE SO EXCITE, MY LITTLE WINKY WILLY IS GETTING CHUB-CHUB, MOMMY." And let's be fucking absolutely real here, the only reason admins want people to sign up for the fucking forums to fucking ban appeal is so they can sell the members e-mails to, like, Chinese realtors or some shit.
imsxz
Byond Username: Imsxz

Post by imsxz » #451624

Probably the most actively online (on one of the servers) headmin I've seen ever. I'm not trying to shame the last headmins, it's just the easiest comparison I can give to; I've seen more of Nervere in this term than I saw of all 3 of the last terms headmins combined. Plays AND admins frequently, very friendly and approachable as well in and out of character.

please subscribe to me on youtube
terranaut wrote:i saw this video before it was posted here
you too can be cool like me if you just subscribe to imsxz youtube channel :shades:
Arianya wrote:no, not the snails, shut up imsxz
Nervore wrote:I am going to will you out of existence, Imsxz.
One day, you will just cease to exist.
tinodrima7020
Byond Username: TinoDrima7020

Post by tinodrima7020 » #453967

So Basically He E R P D Me While He Was Captain And I Was A Catgirl And It Ended With Him Chopping My Head Off With His Long Razor-Sharp Sword. Basically He Is My Favorite Admin Now And I Hope To Engage In More Exotic Role Play With Him
If you see this image please show Subject217 some love. He's in a dark place right now :(
Spoiler:
Fikou wrote:
The problem is that the autistic fucking admins on these SS13 servers, so drunk with power, so intoxicated on the scent of their sweaty ballsacks as they drown in 'decision making' and 'responsibility', things they've never had before, hand out permabans for next to nothing. Why not a 3 month ban? Why not a 6 month ban? No. A fucking perma ban. Nevermind that people change, nevermind that people have shitty days or good days, nevermind that FOREVER IS A FUCKING LONG TIME, no... Permabans. And then they expect you to appeal on the forums so they can have MORE POWER, MORE DECISION MAKING. "HOO HOO, LOOKIT ME MOMMY, I GET TO DECIDE THE FATE OF THIS MAN HOOOO HOOOOOO WOWEEE SO EXCITE, MY LITTLE WINKY WILLY IS GETTING CHUB-CHUB, MOMMY." And let's be fucking absolutely real here, the only reason admins want people to sign up for the fucking forums to fucking ban appeal is so they can sell the members e-mails to, like, Chinese realtors or some shit.
Karp
Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Post by Karp » #454097

imsxz wrote:Probably the most actively online (on one of the servers) headmin I've seen ever. I'm not trying to shame the last headmins, it's just the easiest comparison I can give to; I've seen more of Nervere in this term than I saw of all 3 of the last terms headmins combined. Plays AND admins frequently, very friendly and approachable as well in and out of character.
that makes him ausops 2.0 then
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #454113

I'll be very sad when I have to crush him then
duckay
Byond Username: Duckay

Post by duckay » #454171

picks clown (but is also bad at clown). a good person and i think he tries his best to see both sides of a argument truly the chad headmin tg needed but not deserved
something
Istoprocent1
Byond Username: istoprocent

Post by Istoprocent1 » #467024

Very negative experience. Delayed resolving a ban appeal for 8 days and then made a hilarious decision in order to protect TheMidnightRose who he told to fuck up in adminbus (confirmed in the ban appeal by oranges and lmwevil). Nervere is also editing the Ban Appeal in order to look it more favorable to his case by deleting posts that were allowed to stay there until the final ruling. You are a joke and so are the forums, if things like this happen frequently.

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 9&start=50

[2018-12-28 01:18:56.692] GAME: Anuv/(Janice Lean) has teleported from (Teleporter Room (166, 121, 2)) to (Bridge (152, 141, 2)) - snipped form game.txt
[2018-12-28 01:19:57.827] ATTACK: Anuv/(Janice Lean) has attacked [�captain's locker] with [fire axe (Wielded)] (Captain's Quarters (164, 127, 2)) - x12, snipped from attack.txt
[2018-12-28 01:21:56.033] ATTACK: Anuv/(Janice Lean) has thrown the captain's spare ID (Arrival Shuttle Hallway (148, 186, 2)) - snipped from attack.txt
[2018-12-28 01:21:56.067] ATTACK: Anuv/(Janice Lean) has threw and hit Laz0r/(Thomas Laser) with [captain's spare ID] (NEWHP: 100) (Arrival Shuttle Hallway (148, 186, 2)) - snipped from attack.txt

This is what we consider "retrieving a captain's spare and happening to be around with other people" and apparently even if you act in good faith and play by the rules kidmins can ban you for no reason and Nervere justifies it.
Malkraz
Byond Username: Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #467039

Makes the lizard mad and splits my sides, great admin
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you
lmwevil
Byond Username: Lmwevil

Post by lmwevil » #467081

Istoprocent1 wrote:Very negative experience. Delayed resolving a ban appeal for 8 days
he can't act without the other headmins (even if they delegate and say X will do Y) and they're all in different timezones - also they've proven to be pretty slow so i wouldn't put that entirely on him

nervere makes calamari jokes and it made me sad

he also tried to ban me saying daddy in adminbus, it never worked
gum disease
Byond Username: GUM DISEASE

Post by gum disease » #467089

Based.

My opinion of him hasn't changed since I last posted here. He's a nice bloke and a very good headmin.
Image no aim, smooth brain, i'm a borg main.
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #467095

Istoprocent1 wrote:Nervere is also editing the Ban Appeal in order to look it more favorable to his case by deleting posts that were allowed to stay there until the final ruling.
Do you have any evidence of this? It's a serious no-no if it's true, but I'd have to see proof that the deleted posts weren't peanut posts.
► Show Spoiler
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin

Post by Dax Dupont » #467145

Malkraz wrote:Makes the lizard mad and splits my sides, great admin
toomykins
Byond Username: Toomykins

Post by toomykins » #469975

didnt unban me, shitemin.
Plapatin
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Plapatin
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by Plapatin » #469981

is this real life
wesoda25 wrote:i had a dream that me and some friends were like in this tribal village and we were all doing cocaine around this massive bonfire and I kept seeing all these foreshadowing elements that we were gonna die but i just did more cocaine
OrdoM wrote:Argent, a swan argent over a saltire vert - the vert representing the vomit cast upon the floor by the vomitgoose
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #470020

Farquaar wrote:
Istoprocent1 wrote:Nervere is also editing the Ban Appeal in order to look it more favorable to his case by deleting posts that were allowed to stay there until the final ruling.
Do you have any evidence of this? It's a serious no-no if it's true, but I'd have to see proof that the deleted posts weren't peanut posts.
He would need a kind admin or someone to leak the posts to him in order for him to find out.
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #470026

Plapatin wrote:is this real life
Is this just fantasy
Docprofsmith
Byond Username: Jud1c470r

Post by Docprofsmith » #472719

Said Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy was digg tier, confirming that they have unbelievably shit taste and cannot be trusted with anything
JUDICATOR REDEMPTION ARC
Nervere

Post by Nervere » #472725

The truth hurts.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #472804

He recently discovered ironic humor and hasn't yet grasped the nuances of being entertaining rather than repetitive with it
His genuine thoughts are good though, and he's otherwise a really cool guy and currently the best headmin imo
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler: