Page 1 of 2

[No Longer Admin] Nervere

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:27 am
by MrStonedOne
Please post any positive or negative feedback for the administrator here.
This is not the place to discuss ban appeals, admin complaints, or ban requests.
This is for specific feedback for this administrator.

Re: Nervere

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:51 pm
by Dax Dupont
As I noted in the discord and to headmins because I couldn't leave feedback publically before:
This is some grade a admining, admits his fault due to a confusing situation but explains his original reasoning with great effort.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=16274 well done nevere

It takes more to admit you're wrong than you're right. Not only did you admit you were wrong, you explained your original reasoning and where you went wrong with grace amd no hostility towards the user.

I am really impressed by this, even though I'm just a player. I hope others take example from this.

Re: Nervere

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:25 am
by Doctor Pork
Brett gud. Fun to admin with. Does a good job handling issues and following up after they're taken care of.

+1

Re: Nervere

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 2:27 pm
by chanoc1
it seems like he doesnt give a very good response in ahelps, although it could be fault on my part. however i feel like he needs to read escalation rules edit: also rule 1

Re: Nervere

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 7:02 pm
by Nervere
chanoc1 wrote:it seems like he doesnt give a very good response in ahelps, although it could be fault on my part. however i feel like he needs to read escalation rules edit: also rule 1

Could you elaborate on what you mean/what you're referring to, please?
I'm not sure how to better myself from this because I don't know the interaction that you're talking about.

Re: Nervere

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 8:11 pm
by chanoc1
Nervere wrote:
chanoc1 wrote:it seems like he doesnt give a very good response in ahelps, although it could be fault on my part. however i feel like he needs to read escalation rules edit: also rule 1

Could you elaborate on what you mean/what you're referring to, please?
I'm not sure how to better myself from this because I don't know the interaction that you're talking about.


if i did go into specifics im sure itll be dismissed as salt/ic issue

Re: Nervere

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 8:14 pm
by Nervere
chanoc1 wrote:if i did go into specifics im sure itll be dismissed as salt/ic issue

I understand you may not feel comfortable discussing the issue in an open forum, that's fine.
If you ever feel that I am unclear in the future, please let me know so I can make sure we have a mutual understanding of the situation.
Thank you for the feedback!!

Re: Nervere

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 9:15 pm
by chanoc1
just to give a little more details that might remind you, it was between me and DaxYeen may 21 on bagil, it was pretty late.

Re: Nervere

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 9:45 pm
by Arianya
Spoiler if you post vague bullshit like this that's citing rule 1 then everyone is going to dismiss it as salt anyway.

Also giving cryptic hints isn't feedback, especially when admins might see 5-10 rounds with 10+ tickets each in a single evening.

Re: Nervere

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:05 pm
by chanoc1
its being sorted on server, i did not want to indict anyone publically get off my dick-- if it isnt feedback, then next time ill post full details to make it feeback

Re: Nervere

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:17 pm
by Nervere
Chanoc1 and I discussed this issue in a follow-up ticket in-game.
The issue he had ahelped about was on round #88274 on Basil.

It concerned the following situation:
He (Jason Burns) had become embroiled in a conflict with Caroline Dupont, in which the two disagreed with one another over a patient. They were both medical doctors.
Caroline didn't want a patient of Jason's, a lizard named Kisses-The-Guys, to be in the medbay, as said patient had bear-trapped someone named Chad Fisher. They believed that said patient was dangerous.
Caroline did not want the patient in medbay, which I think is reasonable, and Jason refused to remove him from the premises.
Chanoc1 expressed to me in the follow-up ahelp that he wasn't aware of the specifics of the background of his patient, but given the minor scale of this conflict, I don't think that changes anything.
Eventually, the conflict escalated with verbal attacks and incitements to arrest such as the following:

[15:03:17] Chanoc1/(Jason Burns): Arrest Caroline.
[15:03:24] Chanoc1/(Jason Burns): She is not a real doctor.
[15:04:28] Chanoc1/(Jason Burns): Well I'm the one trying to HEAL people you cat-eared whore.

The conflict ended with Jason being morphined, disposal'd, and demoted from Medical Doctor to Assistant.
I don't think this is over-escalation, especially since Chanoc1 was never put into critical condition or even hurt by Dupont.
In the end, they were in a fairly minor IC conflict and they received fairly minor IC consequences because of it.
Chanoc1 is free to disagree with my ruling, but I am of the opinion that nothing in this scenario was an actionable offense.

Thank you for submitting your feedback so that we could have a more in-depth discussion about this issue.

Re: Nervere

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:24 pm
by Dax Dupont
Nervere wrote:Chanoc1 and I discussed this issue in a follow-up ticket in-game.
The issue he had ahelped about was on round #88274 on Basil.

It concerned the following situation:
He (Jason Burns) had become embroiled in a conflict with Caroline Dupont, in which the two disagreed with one another over a patient. They were both medical doctors.
Caroline didn't want a patient of Jason's, a lizard named Kisses-The-Guys, to be in the medbay, as said patient had bear-trapped someone named Chad Fisher. They believed that said patient was dangerous.
Caroline did not want the patient in medbay, which I think is reasonable, and Jason refused to remove him from the premises.
Chanoc1 expressed to me in the follow-up ahelp that he wasn't aware of the specifics of the background of his patient, but given the minor scale of this conflict, I don't think that changes anything.
Eventually, the conflict escalated with verbal attacks and incitements to arrest such as the following:

[15:03:17] Chanoc1/(Jason Burns): Arrest Caroline.
[15:03:24] Chanoc1/(Jason Burns): She is not a real doctor.
[15:04:28] Chanoc1/(Jason Burns): Well I'm the one trying to HEAL people you cat-eared whore.

The conflict ended with Jason being morphined, disposal'd, and demoted from Medical Doctor to Assistant.
I don't think this is over-escalation, especially since Chanoc1 was never put into critical condition or even hurt by Dupont.
In the end, they were in a fairly minor IC conflict and they received fairly minor IC consequences because of it.
Chanoc1 is free to disagree with my ruling, but I am of the opinion that nothing in this scenario was an actionable offense.

Thank you for submitting your feedback so that we could have a more in-depth discussion about this issue.


To be exact the HoP demoted him, though I asked him about the situation.

Re: Nervere

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:48 pm
by BebeYoshi
Great admin, is online frequently and is a nice player as well. Can't wait so smash that "Promote" in their trialmin thread

Re: Nervere

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 7:23 am
by Shadowflame909
I didn't post here yet? Just as good as a coder as he is an admin. Always online and extremely helpful. Has sat with me for hours to figure out a solution.

Re: Nervere

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:30 am
by Doctor Pork
Gave me some good advice. Really nice guy.

Re: Nervere

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:13 am
by Spyroshark
i have to say all things considered he is indeed an epic gamer

Re: Nervere

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:25 pm
by gum disease
Wonderful admin! He had to speak to me about a mistake I made today and was very nice and understanding during the whole conversation. Honestly, I was quite anxious and felt horrible about the situation, but he was very patient and kind while addressing the matter and it made me feel better.

He's also a very friendly player!

Re: Nervere

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:06 pm
by teepeepee
here's that pageview and feedback you asked for buddy, keep on trucking

Re: Nervere

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:10 am
by wesoda25
Disgusting admin.

Stacked his RNG luck in a game of musical chairs.

Proceeded to rub it in in deadchat.

This is disgusting admin conduct, not befitting a tg representative.

Re: Nervere

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:59 am
by Terra_GS
One of the few admins that has given me code advice so I think he's pretty alright.

[Deleted]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:20 pm
by Pizzatiger
PostThis post was deleted by CitrusGender on Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:22 pm.
Reason: token abuse

Re: Nervere

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:21 pm
by BeeSting12
I'm here for my token. Nervere is a good admin.

Image

[Deleted]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:21 pm
by Arianya
PostThis post was deleted by CitrusGender on Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:22 pm.
Reason: this was obviously influenced by token abuse

Re: Nervere

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:11 am
by Kel
probably the nicest admin i've ever seen without feeling disingenuous... it's concerning. they might be a psychopath with a lot of experience in charming people. stay vigilant.

Re: Nervere

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:07 pm
by Shezza
Kel wrote:probably the nicest admin i've ever seen without feeling disingenuous... it's concerning. they might be a psychopath with a lot of experience in charming people. stay vigilant.


can confirm

definitely a psychopath

he's in our psychopath discord

Re: Nervere

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:07 pm
by leibniz
I think nervere made good calls
- disallowing wiz suicide
- removing the ban about it that was made before the ruling was made
- stating you wont restrict antags beyond this
- not letting gamemasters mess with gameadmin bans

good work

Re: Nervere

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:40 pm
by bman
i disagree with them disallowing wiz suicide but at least they handled the policy ruling well

Re: Nervere

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:19 pm
by subject217
leibniz wrote:- removing the ban about it that was made before the ruling was made

wew lad we had to fight for that one

Re: Nervere

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:48 pm
by leibniz
subject217 wrote:
leibniz wrote:- removing the ban about it that was made before the ruling was made

wew lad we had to fight for that one


I suspected but it's good that he is willing to change his mind

Re: Nervere

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:49 pm
by Nervere
subject217 wrote:wew lad we had to fight for that one

Not exactly. As I understood it when I applied the ban, it was a grey area.
An admin posted a precedent that I hadn't seen before, showing me that I was wrong about it being a grey area, so I lifted the ban. Genuine mistake.

Re: Nervere

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:06 pm
by subject217
leibniz wrote:I suspected but it's good that he is willing to change his mind

This is true, it is in fact an admirable quality to admit when you are making a bad decision and change your mind, which is something that Nervere has demonstrated multiple times, so that's good on him.

Nervere wrote:Not exactly. As I understood it when I applied the ban, it was a grey area.
An admin posted a precedent that I hadn't seen before, showing me that I was wrong about it being a grey area, so I lifted the ban. Genuine mistake.

If you consider "precedent" to be "a headmin voiced their personal opinion on something" that happened to coincide with the way everyone congruently moderated an issue for multiple months without ever being aware of, then you can say that it's a "precedent", yes.

Re: Nervere

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:07 am
by Hathkar
Ran two Nations rounds in one week. Shameful.

Re: Nervere

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:20 am
by Nervere
Hathkar wrote:Ran two Nations rounds in one week. Shameful.

I didn't run the first one, but point taken.

Re: Nervere

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:46 am
by tinodrima7020
Unironically Runs And Enjoys Nations Rounds
Big Yikes
One Out Of Five

Re: Nervere

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:22 am
by imsxz
Probably the most actively online (on one of the servers) headmin I've seen ever. I'm not trying to shame the last headmins, it's just the easiest comparison I can give to; I've seen more of Nervere in this term than I saw of all 3 of the last terms headmins combined. Plays AND admins frequently, very friendly and approachable as well in and out of character.

Re: Nervere

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:17 pm
by tinodrima7020
So Basically He E R P D Me While He Was Captain And I Was A Catgirl And It Ended With Him Chopping My Head Off With His Long Razor-Sharp Sword. Basically He Is My Favorite Admin Now And I Hope To Engage In More Exotic Role Play With Him

Re: Nervere

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:02 am
by Karp
imsxz wrote:Probably the most actively online (on one of the servers) headmin I've seen ever. I'm not trying to shame the last headmins, it's just the easiest comparison I can give to; I've seen more of Nervere in this term than I saw of all 3 of the last terms headmins combined. Plays AND admins frequently, very friendly and approachable as well in and out of character.


that makes him ausops 2.0 then

Re: Nervere

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:04 am
by oranges
I'll be very sad when I have to crush him then

Re: Nervere

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:27 am
by duckay
picks clown (but is also bad at clown). a good person and i think he tries his best to see both sides of a argument truly the chad headmin tg needed but not deserved

Re: Nervere

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:24 am
by Istoprocent1
Very negative experience. Delayed resolving a ban appeal for 8 days and then made a hilarious decision in order to protect TheMidnightRose who he told to fuck up in adminbus (confirmed in the ban appeal by oranges and lmwevil). Nervere is also editing the Ban Appeal in order to look it more favorable to his case by deleting posts that were allowed to stay there until the final ruling. You are a joke and so are the forums, if things like this happen frequently.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=20969&start=50


[2018-12-28 01:18:56.692] GAME: Anuv/(Janice Lean) has teleported from (Teleporter Room (166, 121, 2)) to (Bridge (152, 141, 2)) - snipped form game.txt
[2018-12-28 01:19:57.827] ATTACK: Anuv/(Janice Lean) has attacked [�captain's locker] with [fire axe (Wielded)] (Captain's Quarters (164, 127, 2)) - x12, snipped from attack.txt
[2018-12-28 01:21:56.033] ATTACK: Anuv/(Janice Lean) has thrown the captain's spare ID (Arrival Shuttle Hallway (148, 186, 2)) - snipped from attack.txt
[2018-12-28 01:21:56.067] ATTACK: Anuv/(Janice Lean) has threw and hit Laz0r/(Thomas Laser) with [captain's spare ID] (NEWHP: 100) (Arrival Shuttle Hallway (148, 186, 2)) - snipped from attack.txt

This is what we consider "retrieving a captain's spare and happening to be around with other people" and apparently even if you act in good faith and play by the rules kidmins can ban you for no reason and Nervere justifies it.

Re: Nervere

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:51 am
by Malkraz
Makes the lizard mad and splits my sides, great admin

Re: Nervere

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:11 am
by lmwevil
Istoprocent1 wrote:Very negative experience. Delayed resolving a ban appeal for 8 days


he can't act without the other headmins (even if they delegate and say X will do Y) and they're all in different timezones - also they've proven to be pretty slow so i wouldn't put that entirely on him

nervere makes calamari jokes and it made me sad

he also tried to ban me saying daddy in adminbus, it never worked

Re: Nervere

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:43 am
by gum disease
Based.

My opinion of him hasn't changed since I last posted here. He's a nice bloke and a very good headmin.

Re: Nervere

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:30 am
by Farquaar
Istoprocent1 wrote:Nervere is also editing the Ban Appeal in order to look it more favorable to his case by deleting posts that were allowed to stay there until the final ruling.

Do you have any evidence of this? It's a serious no-no if it's true, but I'd have to see proof that the deleted posts weren't peanut posts.

Re: Nervere

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:20 pm
by Dax Dupont
Malkraz wrote:Makes the lizard mad and splits my sides, great admin

Re: Nervere

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:03 pm
by toomykins
didnt unban me, shitemin.

Re: Nervere

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:33 pm
by Plapatin
is this real life

Re: Nervere

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:09 pm
by Ayy Lemoh
Farquaar wrote:
Istoprocent1 wrote:Nervere is also editing the Ban Appeal in order to look it more favorable to his case by deleting posts that were allowed to stay there until the final ruling.

Do you have any evidence of this? It's a serious no-no if it's true, but I'd have to see proof that the deleted posts weren't peanut posts.

He would need a kind admin or someone to leak the posts to him in order for him to find out.

Re: Nervere

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:23 pm
by somerandomguy
Plapatin wrote:is this real life

Is this just fantasy

Re: Nervere

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:36 pm
by Docprofsmith
Said Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy was reddit tier, confirming that they have unbelievably shit taste and cannot be trusted with anything