Arianya

Tell the admins how you think they're doing.
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Re: Arianya

Post by Nilons » #463256

Bottom post of the previous page:

Arianya wrote:
Nilons wrote:
Arianya wrote:
Nilons wrote:this parts correct
I appreciate you dislike having posts deleted over peanut policy in FNR, and I did try to explain to you the distinction between your post and others, but at this point you're just salting over it without even adding anything of substance to the conversation.
you can assume Im talking about you deleting my posts all you want but im not
Assumptions are all I can make when you make a 3 word post with no context or actual feedback.
You are biased in favour of admins in pretty much every ruling you make, you've even gone so far as to overturn an admin lifting a ban purely because you didn't like the appeal. It makes it very frustrating to be a player when you know that there will be no recourse if an admin does anything wrong because youll always side with them regardless of what is on the rules page or expected of them

You've upheld admin's bans that are specifically allowed by the rules as well, you can get banned on the server right now for something that the rules specifically say that you can do with a good chance of it being upheld because of you. You've admitted in your resolution of complaints that they're 100% true but since the admin said he felt bad there wont be action. Only for that admin to have an ungodly amount of also not upheld complaints a little later.

Im not posting out of salt at some deleted posts I just wish you'd be a better headmin

edit: im not talking about iso hes retarded this is separate
Last edited by Nilons on Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

Istoprocent1
Byond Username: istoprocent

Post by Istoprocent1 » #463271

Rustledjimm wrote:Can I point out to everyone who says our rules are too long.

People like istoprocent are the reason why.
Rules need to be well-defined. Punishing people at a whim, because they weren't active at forums and read bunch of random topics is whats causing player frustration, even more if players are able to see that these obscure policies are applied selectively. I reported Fortifying Brig policy multiple times and admins never did anything about it, even though it was exactly as important rule break as adding specific nouns or verbs before the active threat instead of cutting the communication down to random screams of "ENGI IS CULT" or "CULT!!!" or "REVS!!". To be honest it is silly to nitpick on semantics, when nobody clearly referenced to a gamemode or antags. And now Aryiana has made an incorrect call by backing up an incorrect call of another admin.

I get why people are not eager to come to the forums, when its just admins and friends dogpiling on them and turning every negative topic into a dumpster fire, then suggesting these people should be punished on forums for defending their positions, because admins themselves started off-topic discussions. Who is going to police the police, if not the community?

All I ask for is the rules to applied evenly and not use personal bias to punish players admin doesn't like or feign ignorance when it comes to punishing those they do.

Edit: There could have been a case if somebody said "It is Assimilation" or "It is Nuclear Emergency". And one couldn't even say "We have an Assimilation" or "We have an Nuclear Emergency" without it looking iffy.
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Post by wubli » #463287

Nilons wrote:you've even gone so far as to overturn an admin lifting a ban purely because you didn't like the appeal.
is this because of the "i sold my wife for internet" appeal who was clearly done in bad faith? reducing it to "because you didn't like the appeal" isn't right. also, it'd be unfair for people who actually write their appeals seriously and get denied anyways like lol just say dumb shit and get unbanned. in fact that same person wrote their appeal again, this time admitting that they were in the wrong, and got unbanned with no headmin intervention.
if this isn't because of that one, i apologize, but i think the full context is important.
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try
Istoprocent1
Byond Username: istoprocent

Post by Istoprocent1 » #467177

Another 100% non-biased quick ruling by Arianya, justifying TheMidnightRose and Nervere, who finds that "anybody breaking into captain's quarters, breaking open the locker, stealing the spare ID and distributing all access across the station" is at no fault.

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 23&t=21080
Malkraz
Byond Username: Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #468328

Ran a shitty "event" where he spawned in a no-drop infinite pulse rifle death squaddie to go retrieve Renault then told him to just murder people if Renault was dead. Resulted in him killing off captain, deleting AI from their antag round and probably killing others before being called back after Arianya realized this "event" was just retarded admin-endorsed lowpop murderbone. Only reason it didn't turn into that was the player's own restraint (DEAD: Officer Skarbrand says, " because i legit didnt want to just murderbone thje entire station "). The person who became the death squaddie was the one that killed Renault beforehand.
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #468330

Malkraz wrote:Ran a shitty "event" where he spawned in a no-drop infinite pulse rifle death squaddie to go retrieve Renault then told him to just murder people if Renault was dead. Resulted in him killing off captain, deleting AI from their antag round and probably killing others before being called back after Arianya realized this "event" was just retarded admin-endorsed lowpop murderbone. Only reason it didn't turn into that was the player's own restraint (DEAD: Officer Skarbrand says, " because i legit didnt want to just murderbone thje entire station "). The person who became the death squaddie was the one that killed Renault beforehand.
That ai better have gotten a token
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #468337

Malkraz wrote:Ran a shitty "event" where he spawned in a no-drop infinite pulse rifle death squaddie to go retrieve Renault then told him to just murder people if Renault was dead. Resulted in him killing off captain, deleting AI from their antag round and probably killing others before being called back after Arianya realized this "event" was just retarded admin-endorsed lowpop murderbone. Only reason it didn't turn into that was the player's own restraint (DEAD: Officer Skarbrand says, " because i legit didnt want to just murderbone thje entire station "). The person who became the death squaddie was the one that killed Renault beforehand.
The pulse rifle was not "infinite" (all pulse rifles by default have very high ammo counts). The only way it was different from normal is that it was made nodrop and delete on drop (to avoid a wild pulse rifle getting thrown on the station in the not very unlikely circumstance that someone would kill the lone death squad member).

The person in question was told to "find and kill Renault's murderer", hypothetically if Renault was dead. The person then asked if they could (paraphrasing) "kill everyone and then myself", mirroring one of the 3 announcements that went out beforehand to warn the crew of the arrival of the security detachment (and that Nanotrasen would not be best pleased if Renault was dead). Figuring that the station, even at "low pop" (read 25+ pop, which is low pop only in comparison to Bagil's primetime 60+ pop, it's pretty much mid-pop by most considerations), would be able to handle a squaddie with no backup and no real ability to deal with numbers, especially since one of his hands was permanently occupied by his pulse rifle. This was also partly informed by the player who responded to the ghost summon being someone who I generally know to be pretty sane, so I didn't expect any kind of "Zero RP shoot first questions never".

The captain in question was shot once or twice while already low health, knocking them into crit, after which the squaddie walked off, leaving them in medbay lobby (and they were pretty quickly cloned). When the Squaddie asked a member of crew about who killed Renault, they were told (a lie, as it turns out) that the AI killed Renault and understandably took this as fair reason to go shoot the AI.

Understandably the AI does not really have any way to deal with that, especially as it didn't have any borgs at this point in time, and I do think that was a less fun aspect of the whole thing, but it was also not just "lel murderboner" and was based off interaction (and misinformation!!) in a roleplay means, not realistically an unreasonable way for such a thing to happen.

The squaddie was told to return to CentComm after messaging for the nuke codes, clearly a step beyond anything reasonable. They then remained on CentComm and we're deleted by a shuttle change while I was dealing with a ticket.

Originally the plan was for a team of 3 non-high alert security ERT members to go do the same job, but there weren't many ghosts for it and it seemed cruel to throw one guy on his own into a station with a rogue AI and 2 other traitors wandering about, and with a lack of security other then a latejoin (inebriated) head of security and a latejoin captain lacking a lot of equipment due to his office being raided early on.

I'm a little perplexed why you specifically had such an issue with this, given you were dead long before the event even started and it didn't really affect your round in the slightest, and the two people who were most affected (the captain and the malf AI), were both revived via IC means. I'm not happy with how the event played out with relation to the mindset I think people get into with the deathsquad armour, but I don't really agree with your evaluation of the entire event or my part of it.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
somerandomguy

Post by somerandomguy » #468339

Deathsquad is specifically for KILL KILL KILL, you could still send an ERT (even just one guy) and threatened to/sent a deathsquaddie if they were killed
Arianya
In-Game Game Master

Post by Arianya » #468340

somerandomguy wrote:Deathsquad is specifically for KILL KILL KILL, you could still send an ERT (even just one guy) and threatened to/sent a deathsquaddie if they were killed
The person in question wasn't actually a deathsquad member (their technical title was "Renault's Honour Guard"), just that they were given deathsquad equipment when it became clear they were gonna have no backup.

You may be right that it would have been better to handle with a staggered response though. Something for me to mull over in any future things that happen along similar lines.

zxaber
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Zxaber

Post by zxaber » #468341

Compassion for that another player who's antag round was potentially ruined? Lord knows AI malf rolls are so rare that I'd certainly be upset if I lost mine to an admin event.

You said the AI was revived, so maybe it was all okay in the end, but I'm curious how that came about considering you can see the AI's laws on the card. Perhaps it was a clueless but helpful crew member or a traitor that was working with the AI, and so the AI made it back to its core. I sure hope it wasn't just spending the rest of their antag round with wireless off in someone's backpack.
Douglas Bickerson / Adaptive Manipulator / Digital Clockwork
OrdoM/(Viktor Bergmannsen) (ghost) "Also Douglas, you're becoming the Lexia Black of Robotics"
somerandomguy

Post by somerandomguy » #468342

zxaber wrote:Compassion for that another player who's antag round was potentially ruined? Lord knows AI malf rolls are so rare that I'd certainly be upset if I lost mine to an admin event.

You said the AI was revived, so maybe it was all okay in the end, but I'm curious how that came about considering you can see the AI's laws on the card. Perhaps it was a clueless but helpful crew member or a traitor that was working with the AI, and so the AI made it back to its core. I sure hope it wasn't just spending the rest of their antag round with wireless off in someone's backpack.
I dont think you can see the malf law
Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #468343

Arianya wrote:The person in question was told to "find and kill Renault's murderer", hypothetically if Renault was dead.
Himself. If you didn't know this, why did you not keep track of the mob that was central to your entire "event"?
Arianya wrote:The person then asked if they could (paraphrasing) "kill everyone and then myself", mirroring one of the 3 announcements that went out beforehand to warn the crew of the arrival of the security detachment (and that Nanotrasen would not be best pleased if Renault was dead). Figuring that the station, even at "low pop" (read 25+ pop, which is low pop only in comparison to Bagil's primetime 60+ pop, it's pretty much mid-pop by most considerations), would be able to handle a squaddie with no backup and no real ability to deal with numbers, especially since one of his hands was permanently occupied by his pulse rifle.
It's kinda baffling and disappointing that you seem to be this unaware of how lowpop rounds play out, especially with some of the events of the previous round. Unless there's a concerted effort by the tide (who were all dead by this point), ESPECIALLY when the AI is malf/dead/both, the guy with the gun wins.
Arianya wrote:The captain in question was shot once or twice while already low health, knocking them into crit, after which the squaddie walked off, leaving them in medbay lobby (and they were pretty quickly cloned).
Shouldn't have ever been in a situation where an admin's pet pulse rifler shoots one of the only people trying to get shit back on track.
Arianya wrote:Understandably the AI does not really have any way to deal with that, especially as it didn't have any borgs at this point in time, and I do think that was a less fun aspect of the whole thing, but it was also not just "lel murderboner" and was based off interaction (and misinformation!!) in a roleplay means, not realistically an unreasonable way for such a thing to happen.
Consider how the sqauddie would've dealt with this "the AI did it" tip-off from an assistant if they weren't the one that killed Renault to begin with.
Arianya wrote:The squaddie was told to return to CentComm after messaging for the nuke codes, clearly a step beyond anything reasonable. They then remained on CentComm and we're deleted by a shuttle change while I was dealing with a ticket.
The very presence of the squaddie was unreasonable and didn't do anything to enhance anybody's round. The nuke would've been a mercy had the player himself not been against murderboning.
Arianya wrote:Originally the plan was for a team of 3 non-high alert security ERT members to go do the same job, but there weren't many ghosts for it
The server was so low-pop that you couldn't get enough players for a mildly round-affecting event, so you sent in a low-pop pulse rifler with the eventual objective to "kill everyone and then myself."
Arianya wrote:and it seemed cruel to throw one guy on his own into a station with a rogue AI and 2 other traitors wandering about, and with a lack of security other then a latejoin (inebriated) head of security and a latejoin captain lacking a lot of equipment due to his office being raided early on.
Then there's no reason you should've been fucking about with that round. This was poorly thought out and was an attempt to salvage a dopey event that didn't really accomplish anything for the players.
Arianya wrote:I'm a little perplexed why you specifically had such an issue with this, given you were dead long before the event even started and it didn't really affect your round in the slightest, and the two people who were most affected (the captain and the malf AI), were both revived via IC means.
I don't need to be directly involved in an admin's meddling to think it's complete shit on the people it does involve. My own experience isn't the only one I care about and the response from those two in dchat was definitely south of positive. I just happen to be the one that posted in your feedback.
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you
zxaber
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Zxaber

Post by zxaber » #468344

somerandomguy wrote:
zxaber wrote:Compassion for that another player who's antag round was potentially ruined? Lord knows AI malf rolls are so rare that I'd certainly be upset if I lost mine to an admin event.

I dont think you can see the malf law
You very much can. I have used it to verify malf AIs before.
Douglas Bickerson / Adaptive Manipulator / Digital Clockwork
OrdoM/(Viktor Bergmannsen) (ghost) "Also Douglas, you're becoming the Lexia Black of Robotics"
Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #468345

zxaber wrote:You said the AI was revived, so maybe it was all okay in the end, but I'm curious how that came about considering you can see the AI's laws on the card. Perhaps it was a clueless but helpful crew member or a traitor that was working with the AI, and so the AI made it back to its core. I sure hope it wasn't just spending the rest of their antag round with wireless off in someone's backpack.
He went SSD and came back too late, for the record.
Pepper
Byond Username: ANIMETIDDIES

Post by Pepper » #468346

Arianya wrote:
somerandomguy wrote:Deathsquad is specifically for KILL KILL KILL, you could still send an ERT (even just one guy) and threatened to/sent a deathsquaddie if they were killed
The person in question wasn't actually a deathsquad member (their technical title was "Renault's Honour Guard"), just that they were given deathsquad equipment when it became clear they were gonna have no backup.
You’re missing the point. The title of “deathsquad” isn’t what makes them round ending only. It’s that their equipment, by design is to be so powerful that there’s little to no chance that the crew would be able to take them on. You shouldn’t have given deathsquad equipment to anybody if you didn’t intend for there to be mass destruction.
help
Booktower
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Booktower

Post by Booktower » #468356

Many things will put you on even footing with DS officers, among other things a syringe gun with diamond-tipped syringes with skewium.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #468366

Booktower wrote:Many things will put you on even footing with DS officers, among other things a syringe gun with diamond-tipped syringes with skewium.
You don’t like the super powerful poorly thought out event I created? LOL, just powergame harder you fucking idiot!!
[this space reserved]
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #468396

Booktower wrote:Many things will put you on even footing with DS officers, among other things a syringe gun with diamond-tipped syringes with skewium.
bruh
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Qbmax32
Byond Username: Qbmax32
Github Username: qbmax32

Post by Qbmax32 » #468445

[youtube]2ZIpFytCSVc[/youtube]
my admin feedback thread

quotes
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:02 am Qbmax32 is quite literally one of the dumbest individuals I have ever had the misfortune of coming into contact with. He has zero redeemable traits, and honestly I have to suppress my gag reflex every time he shows up in a conversation.
Malkraz wrote:YES
DRINK THE PISS QB
angelstarri wrote:qbmax is a retard
imsxz wrote:mythic please stop you’ve hit rock bottom and you KEEP DIGGING
deedubya wrote:I'll defend to the death your right to scream "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" on a constant basis, but I'll also equally defend the right of people to call you a fuckin' pillock for doing it.
datorangebottle wrote:what, not having to act like customer service in a volunteer customer service position?

Here's a rebuttal: you're literally in a customer service slash celebrity position. Volunteer or not.
Malkraz wrote:can you stop posting this shit
Nalzul wrote:Fuck Blob (can you imagine how hot it would be to be gangbanged by a bunch of blobbernauts, the blob, and spores)
Wyzack wrote:qbmax your pathetic display of abhorrent burgercraft has brought shame onto the omnivores
Plapatin wrote:i AM the senate
BONERMASTER wrote:I am a big thinker, and it would only be logical if my character had a big head as well. And glasses. Because only people that think, wear glasses.
feem wrote:i tried to send canisters of urine to the station but ended up turning all oxygen into urine and breaking lavaland and also breathing
Anonmare wrote:Each post in this thread can't settle on what it wants to be, but yet, each one is more cursed than the last.
Beesting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.
Vile Beggar wrote:i don't like this thread
imsxz wrote:nervore
FantasticFwoosh wrote:I will whisper sweet nothings that will confuse and perhaps scare you a little, but enhance the experience no-less.
afelinidisfinetoo wrote:By the way, the person who posted that catgirl porn on the github page was me. If anyone wants my private stash just PM me
Nervere wrote:Anything for a femoid.....
Qbopper wrote:I'm a dumb poopy butthead
CitrusGender wrote:god i love it when people feed me my own fried legs
obscolene
Byond Username: Obscolene

Post by obscolene » #468469

wesoda25 wrote:
You don’t like the super powerful poorly thought out event I created? LOL, just powergame harder you fucking idiot!!
LOLMAO Are You Seriously Being This Much Of A Loser RIght Now? Do YOu Know How Easily Syringe Guns Are Accessible? Dude, The Deathsquad ONly Had One Arm, What The Fuck? Just Get A Skewium Syringe Gun. Also Make Sure You Get A Diamond Tipped Syringe Because Every Single Fucking Exosuit In Existence Has Piercing Protection For Some Epic Reason. What's That, You're An Assistant And You Don't Wnat To Waste Your Time Powerrgaming Just TO Counter A Single Person On Station? Too Bad FUCK You Idiot. You Suck.
[center]sc#4622 | everybodygangstauntilnig.ga (UPDATED FREQUENTLY)[/center]
[03:46:59]EMOTE: The Dreamweaver/(Steve Leaf) : <b>Steve Leaf</b> starts jacking lizard dick. (129,128,2)
[03:47:33]SAY: Steve Leaf/The Dreamweaver : OH FUCK IM CHOAKING (129,128,2)
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #468488

ya ya ya yikies
Booktower
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Booktower

Post by Booktower » #476569

You did a pretty good job defusing a conflict recently, you seem to have good interpersonal skills as far as I can tell.
imsxz
Byond Username: Imsxz

Post by imsxz » #527963

Deleted posts on my admin feedback thread of people saying "i love imsxz". That is certainly feedback. Not cool!

please subscribe to me on youtube
terranaut wrote:i saw this video before it was posted here
you too can be cool like me if you just subscribe to imsxz youtube channel :shades:
Arianya wrote:no, not the snails, shut up imsxz
Nervore wrote:I am going to will you out of existence, Imsxz.
One day, you will just cease to exist.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master

Post by Arianya » #528085

imsxz wrote:Deleted posts on my admin feedback thread of people saying "i love imsxz". That is certainly feedback. Not cool!
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=626

imsxz

Post by imsxz » #528417

Helpfully linked me to a thread where I could voice my opinions regarding forum moderation - I didn't even know this existed before now. Cool!

you too can be cool like me if you just subscribe to imsxz youtube channel :shades:
imsxz

Post by imsxz » #545086

i made a post regarding admins that i dont see connected to the game often and felt it would make a good feedback post
imsxz wrote:There are a fair bit of very valuable members of the admin team that are commendable for their ability to think rationally and make unbiased rulings involving people that they might have conflicting opinions against. I think a good example of an admin like this would be Arianya - I wouldn't be surprised if most players haven't been in a round with Aria Bollet(their character), or see them connected to whichever server a player might find themselves in frequently. Despite their perceived inactivity, they're one of the best people you can go to regarding precedent and asking for insight onto rulings, you can practically assure that any choice they make was the right one without even checking. A good recent example of them administrating is the ban on Arathian. She obliterated his appeal point by point on a topic that had relatively recently underwent changes. There's more than just Ari, but she is one of my favorite admins, and I believe the perfect example of someone that most people might think of as inactive/out of touch, while remaining very in touch with the community and rules.
from https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 33&t=25702

Jin
Byond Username: MonkyCocc

Post by Jin » #566889

Cool but has an anime pfp
iansdoor
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Iansdoor

Post by iansdoor » #708624

Fun person to learn from! I inspire to be as wacky and tough as Aria.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master

Post by Arianya » #709113

Ians I appreciate your feedback but you also just sunk my 3 year streak of no feedback