[Dethroned]Hornygranny

MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

[Dethroned]Hornygranny

Post by MrStonedOne » #2349

Please post any positive or negative feedback for the administrator here.
This is not the place to discuss ban appeals, admin complaints, or ban requests.
This is for specific feedback for this administrator.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
Psyentific
Byond Username: Psyentific

Re: Hornygranny

Post by Psyentific » #2350

Complaint withdrawn.
Spoiler:
My experiences with HG carry over from TGStation - That is, he's absent. I've very rarely seen him on, and his M.O. seems to be coming back every so-often, issuing a questionable ban often resulting in an FNR-storm, and then disappearing for another few months to repeat the cycle.

Quite plainly, I think Hornygranny is around because of tenure only. I doubt he would meet todays standards for Trialmins, in administrative quality & professionalism, but especially in activity.
I haven't logged into SS13 in at least a year.
Hornygranny
Horny Police
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Post by Hornygranny » #2351

Do you play on Artyom/Basil?
Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #2352

Exclusively, yes, though I've only started playing again yesterday. My impression of you is mostly from Ye Olde Days (Late 2013/Early 2014), when I played almost exclusively on Basil, and before that Sibyl2.
Hornygranny
Horny Police

Post by Hornygranny » #2353

I exclusively play on Sibyl now, and I did then. That would be why you never see me.
Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #2354

That explains everything. Complaints withdrawn and posts edited.
Hornygranny
Horny Police

Post by Hornygranny » #2355

Thank you for being reasonable about it.
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Post by firecage » #2356

While in the past I may have disliked him due to various reasons, he is still a very good administrator and does his job well. He is at fault sometimes, but he is only human.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #2407

Horrifying avatar but good admin.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #2497

Never really had an issue with HG. Recently, he got a lot of flak from people that rarely really seems deserved.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
SergeantSkread
Byond Username: SergeantSkread

Post by SergeantSkread » #2579

He helped me on IRC so he's a pretty cool guy

His avatar makes me hard
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #2799

I will describe my opinion of hg in haiku

Pushes all buttons,
both event and human minds,
which earns my respect.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #2889

MisterPerson wrote:I will describe my opinion of hg in haiku

Pushes all buttons,
both event and human minds,
which earns my respect.
Thought a Haiku was 3-7-3?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _

Anyway, only really seen HG on forums and have thought there points very valid and well structured. Sometimes they come across a little overly aggressive.

Also they're avatar greatly disturbs me... but I'm sure that's the point. So er... good job?
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Razharas
Byond Username: Razharas

Post by Razharas » #3471

Alium spawner 40k
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #5047

He shitposts a lot on my board.

But I like to see him around when I'm playing, since it means we'll likely get an alien event. He's been around long enough that he knows how to push the event buttons well.
TheTerbs
In Game PermaBanned

Post by TheTerbs » #11826

hes old as fucking shit

and he has a picture of my balls saved on his hdd

pretty cool guy my balls are burned into his hard disk forever

8/10 admin banned me from #tgstation13 hes alright
you're gonna carry that weight
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #11845

I'm a crybaby about him a lot and he's handled it better than I expected. Thank you for fixing changeling.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #11859

He hasn't been as shit-terrible as he used to be. Good on you.
oranges do you own singulo.io?? is that what you're talking about? what a piece of shit holy shit dude.
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
damiac
Rarely plays

Post by damiac » #11903

Yeah... basically ditto to what Danno said. At least the parts that made sense.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #13513

I would like HG a lot better if he'd knock off the gruff "I don't HAVE to be nice" shit. No excuse for being rude. Otherwise he's fair and does a good job as admin.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #13561

It's a bad trend between admins of every game ever. You can get away with it in other games too, so I don't blame them.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Hornygranny
Horny Police

Post by Hornygranny » #14368

An0n3 wrote:Considering that this is the start this thread got off to I don't see how any of you can point the finger at Brotemis for being defensive and aggressive in his responses to criticism in the following conversation.
Let's start a discussion thread about any of you that starts with someone calling you a huge piece of shit and see how civil you can be.
"Oh but he's so abrasive. I spent five pages calling him an asshole and he said mean things back to me see? Look how abrasive he is."

I'm not trying to jump in and defend Broty I'm just saying that this is a pretty fucking ridiculous concept. How's anybody supposed to come out of something like this without returning this bullshit in kind?

You talk about anybody like this in a thread like this and it's going to get fucking nuts.
I think by now you have seen plenty of examples of what happens when nice admins lose the favor of our fickle community.
danno

Post by danno » #14373

did you post in the wrong thread somehow or am I missing something
Hornygranny
Horny Police

Post by Hornygranny » #14375

You are missing something :^)
Aurx
Byond Username: Aurx

Post by Aurx » #14406

Even should an administrator lose public favor, I do not feel that excuses them from their role as a prominent figure in the community or from being held to a higher standard of behavior. If a new player arrives, hears that EXAMPLE is a terrible admin, and witnesses EXAMPLE cussing out a player in OOC, their opinion of EXAMPLE will easily match what they have heard. If a new player arrives, hears that EXAMPLE is a terrible admin, and witnesses EXAMPLE calmly responding to a player cussing them out in OOC, they will have reason to doubt what they have heard about EXAMPLE.
Head admin, /vg/station
Game admin, /tg/station
POMF FOR HEADMIN
damiac
Rarely plays

Post by damiac » #14605

Hornygranny wrote:
An0n3 wrote:Considering that this is the start this thread got off to I don't see how any of you can point the finger at Brotemis for being defensive and aggressive in his responses to criticism in the following conversation.
Let's start a discussion thread about any of you that starts with someone calling you a huge piece of shit and see how civil you can be.
"Oh but he's so abrasive. I spent five pages calling him an asshole and he said mean things back to me see? Look how abrasive he is."

I'm not trying to jump in and defend Broty I'm just saying that this is a pretty fucking ridiculous concept. How's anybody supposed to come out of something like this without returning this bullshit in kind?

You talk about anybody like this in a thread like this and it's going to get fucking nuts.
I think by now you have seen plenty of examples of what happens when nice admins lose the favor of our fickle community.
Yeah, an example of one person who tends to be an idiot being rude toward a very rude admin, that proves all the complaints must be invalid.

It's like how my grandfather was a huge racist(Thus making him an idiot). He also hated hitler. Therefore, hitler's totally cool?
damiac
Rarely plays

Post by damiac » #14746

Hah, godwin's law does not exist on a forum where admins regularly call players they don't like "Shitlers" and/or "Literally Hitler". Not to mention, it was actually an apt (and logical) point. Godwin's law is actually meant to apply to stuff like that, for example, if I had said Brotemis is like Hitler because X, that's an example of Godwin's law. I said nothing of the sort, Hitler's just a great example of a universally accepted piece of shit.

But, I'll restate the point without that particular comparison.
Hornygranny wrote:

If shit person A says shit person B is shit, for a shit reason, person A's shittiness does not on its own disprove any future allegations of person B's shittiness.

My original example was of a horrible racist calling another horrible racist a piece of shit. Just because the accuser was himself a horrible racist doesn't make the accused less horrible.

So, that same logic applies to HG trying to point out that since Tunder (admins consider him shitty) called Brotemis shitty, Brotemis must therefore not be shitty, since tunder is so shitty. It's a logical fallacy.

Obviously I'm a moron for bothering to write this out, it's just going to get deleted, but at least whoever deletes it will be exposed to a little bit of logic, maybe it'll sink in.
danno

Post by danno » #14766

HG you're not supposed to moderate in your own thread, just so you know.
Hornygranny
Horny Police

Post by Hornygranny » #14785

No, damiac, you're a moron because you're wrong. Nothing anybody said has anything to do with the content of Tunderchief's character.

Deleting that post clearly is not against the moderator guidelines, danno. It's not even about me, but I'm not going to delete the discussion because it's nice to have people be wrong publicly.
damiac
Rarely plays

Post by damiac » #14795

Wow! Hostile! Even if I'm wrong, I'm not a moron. Geez, that's what was being talked about in the thread you quoted! You and Brotemis are so overly hostile whenever there is any disagreement with someone else. If you think I'm wrong, fine, why do you need to be a jerk about it?

What I meant, and maybe I didn't make my point well, is you're taking this one thing where Brotemis could legitimately respond angrily, and it's being extended to excuse all his hostility. Like, just because Tunder's kinda an idiot, and his reasoning for calling Brotemis hostile is crappy, doesn't mean Brotemis isn't hostile when it's not warranted.

Eh, whatever, this whole discussion, starting with your crosspost of Brotemis's thread, is pretty off topic here, so feel free to remove the whole thing. Or leave it to prove I'm a moron or whatever, it just serves as evidence in the future of your own hostility...

TLDR;
HG and Brotemis: "I'm not needlessly hostile, you fucking retard."
Hornygranny
Horny Police

Post by Hornygranny » #14796

Don't call yourself a moron if you don't want me to agree with you.
damiac wrote:Obviously I'm a moron
danno

Post by danno » #14800

damiac I also think they're needlessly hostile but don't further convince them that they aren't by trying to bait them like that
damiac
Rarely plays

Post by damiac » #14816

Ahaha, fair enough. Well played HG. You win this round...
danno

Post by danno » #14819

You make us all look bad when you do that
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #14828

That would only be the case if this was an 'us vs them' situation, which it isn't, stop propagating that.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #14834

Or "us" as in the community as a whole.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
danno

Post by danno » #14837

by us all I literally mean us all as in everyone, admins included
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #14839

Not to be anal yet again but these threads are for hashing out your personal issues with an admin not pitchforking against them with any kind of group mentality.
danno

Post by danno » #14856

I wasn't though
I was saying that when people like damiac do shit like try to bait admins it makes everyone as a community look bad
is he an admin
damiac
Rarely plays

Post by damiac » #14999

Wait what? I wasn't trying to bait anyone. I didn't realize HG called me a moron because I called myself a moron, until he pointed it out.

I posted in the first place to disagree with the point I thought HG was trying to make with that crosspost from Brotemis' thread, that's all. I made my point, I think HG and Bro are too hostile, but obviously when HG said I was a moron in this thread, it wasn't an example of such, because I totally called myself a moron in the previous post. I like HG's quick wit, I just don't like the condescending attitude that comes with it sometimes.

That's all. A mod should clean up the derail.
Brotemis
Byond Username: Brotemis

Post by Brotemis » #15005

Or you could stop rushing into threads trying to propogate the mentality that you say we (As in, HG and I) give off ourselves. The whole forum warrior shtick is old. Why don't you play the game and have actual interactions with us before you make a judgement based on what other people say.
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #15110

The point, Brotemis, is that most people aren't complaining about your admin skill. They're complaining about how you and HG are assholes.
HG usually makes good bans and doesn't fuck things over too much, and I can respect his judgement as an admin. I cannot respect him as a person because of his rudeness. The same goes for you, though I respect your judgement much less.
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
Brotemis

Post by Brotemis » #15123

That would imply that I care if I hold favor with a fickle forum community that does not represent the playerbase at large who do not interact with me in the game. Or play on the same server. Or even at all

On the real, why should I or anyone else respond to "This guy is a dick. See how I just called him a dick and he told me off after? What a dick. This is legitimate feedback because I called him a dick and told him to not be one."

The feedback forum exists right now as a place to complain without making an admin complaint or a place to make compliments without saying what we actually did well.
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #15137

Because if someone is calling you a dick, it means you're a fucking dick. Being a dick is not a good thing when you're an admin.
Have you ever noticed that the admins who aren't dicks get less complaints in their threads? Maybe it's because they're not dicks.
This goes for HG as well, but he's actually responded to feedback in at least a minor way. He's much less of a dick than he used to be, which is good.
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
Helios127
Rarely plays

Post by Helios127 » #15147

Admins are expected by most to be held to a higher standard then the players.

This does go for how they take criticism, even 'bad' ones such as "THIS ADMIN SUCKS!". Which I would like to say should just be ignored if its an individual, but taken time to reflect upon if 5 people say it in unison.

Ill probobly write up a "What hornygranny can do to not be such a badmin" guide like I did with Brotemises. I personally see that he is taking his input, which I like.
just play on /vg/station, go have fun for christs sake
Brotemis

Post by Brotemis » #15194

miggles wrote:Because if someone is calling you a dick, it means you're a fucking dick. Being a dick is not a good thing when you're an admin.
Have you ever noticed that the admins who aren't dicks get less complaints in their threads? Maybe it's because they're not dicks.
This goes for HG as well, but he's actually responded to feedback in at least a minor way. He's much less of a dick than he used to be, which is good.
Thank you for proving my point, dick. Let's not derail this anymore.
danno

Post by danno » #15202

why can't you just be a nice person, why are you so against it
people hate you.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #15212

I admit that while I do like you a lot Brotemis and consider you a friend... I do have to say that the abrasiveness CAN be more than a little grating at times. But then again, I also believe that with many of the folks you have to deal with, it's kind of Needed. Other than that comment, I abstain from commenting further.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #15261

I think what people are trying to say is that being a good admin and being a unlikeable person are mutually exclusive, and that you have to go out of your way to be a "dick". It takes no effort to be indifferent but it takes effort to be a nice person or a hostile, pessimistic person.

What do I think of HG? He's a good admin (He makes good calls for the most part), however his personality is lacking, he's sometimes hostile and exhibits a "us vs them" mentality at times. However, HG is open to feedback and (seemingly) tries to work on his flaws and thus is a more approachable person as of late, in my opinion.

You Brotemis (Going slightly off topic) are a good admin as well, but your personality reeks of elitism and hostility, and to date you show little effort in trying to address these flaws, you defend your actions because you claim this forums represent no real player interest and that these feedback forums are a waste of time.

One piece of advice I would give you, "If you've got nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all".
danno

Post by danno » #15345

Saying that it's "needed" to be a dick is a fucking ridiculous, it's a video game.
It is as unnecessary as it is unwanted. Just stop.