Administration General Feedback

Tell the admins how you think they're doing.

Moderators: In-Game Head Admins, In-Game Game Master

User avatar
Lazengann
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:26 pm
Byond Username: Lazengann

Re: Administration General Feedback

Postby Lazengann » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:46 am #282577

During most of the day(eastern standard time, at least on weekdays) this is what you see on Sybil, screenshot taken RIGHT NOW

Image

Cedar is frequently the only admin on but even he sleeps and wants to actually play the game sometimes

Related to this issue, multiple admins have admitted that there's a large number of terrible players where banning them would be too much of a headache so at these times they have free reign and cowboy justice is all we have left.



lzimann
 
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:13 am
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Re: Administration General Feedback

Postby lzimann » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:38 am #282592

If a player is being a problem when there is no admin online, just pm a headmin with your concerns/sort of a ban request to get it solved. If a player is indeed being a problem he will get dealt with.

User avatar
Lazengann
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:26 pm
Byond Username: Lazengann

Re: Administration General Feedback

Postby Lazengann » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:53 am #282596

I do that and tell others to but it's no replacement for having an active admin. It's inconvenient and time consuming, has no effect on the current round or the player's current behavior, the players involved can't be questioned like they can in game, and you have no way of knowing what action, if any, was taken so you get no closure.

lzimann
 
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:13 am
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Re: Administration General Feedback

Postby lzimann » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:59 am #282597

The no active admin around this time is perpetually a problem. Even admins that start on this time just end up at prime time with 10 others at the same time.

User avatar
Lazengann
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:26 pm
Byond Username: Lazengann

Re: Administration General Feedback

Postby Lazengann » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:15 pm #282598

>they don't wake up early to enjoy sybil lowpop while drinking their morning coffee
No taste nowadays

User avatar
Armhulen
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:30 pm
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: it's a long story

Re: Administration General Feedback

Postby Armhulen » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:31 pm #282654

You just gotta play sybil at the *right* times

like late nite
Go to bed bro, she's not thinking about you.

User avatar
Qbopper
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:34 pm
Location: Canada
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Re: Administration General Feedback

Postby Qbopper » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:50 pm #282667

I'm often able to be up 8-11 EST but due to schoolwork getting in the way recently I haven't been able to log on as often as I'd like
Limey wrote:its too late.

User avatar
John_Oxford
Github User
 
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:19 am
Location: The United States of America
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Re: Administration General Feedback

Postby John_Oxford » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:36 pm #283870

Saegrimr wrote:Ah yes the old "I got called out for being a shit with all my ckeys, he's the worst admin ever" routine.
If you have a specific problem come at me bro, but don't even bother trying to pull the grudge card.


i formally challenge you to a roasting contest

make the thread, you pepsilolifag
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:
Image

Image

Image

Image

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right

>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.

NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want


I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

Image

Image

User avatar
cedarbridge
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 12:24 am
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Re: Administration General Feedback

Postby cedarbridge » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:05 am #283883

John_Oxford wrote:
Saegrimr wrote:Ah yes the old "I got called out for being a shit with all my ckeys, he's the worst admin ever" routine.
If you have a specific problem come at me bro, but don't even bother trying to pull the grudge card.


i formally challenge you to a roasting contest

make the thread, you pepsilolifag

Saeg hasn't been an admin for at least a month Oxford, you nerd.

User avatar
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:08 pm
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Re: Administration General Feedback

Postby NikNakFlak » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:10 am #283886

It's finals time, activity is at an all time low! Abort Abort!
REDACTED
pm for deets

User avatar
D&B
 
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:23 am
Location: *teleports behind you*
Byond Username: Repukan

Re: Administration General Feedback

Postby D&B » Thu May 04, 2017 7:26 pm #288531

Spawning 60 tc worth of eswords in a ferry is not a good event.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?

J_Madison wrote:that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you

ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.

User avatar
Armhulen
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:30 pm
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: it's a long story

Re: Administration General Feedback

Postby Armhulen » Thu May 04, 2017 7:26 pm #288532

D&B wrote:Spawning 60 tc worth of eswords in a ferry is not a good event.

Wait, this happened?
Go to bed bro, she's not thinking about you.

User avatar
D&B
 
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:23 am
Location: *teleports behind you*
Byond Username: Repukan

Re: Administration General Feedback

Postby D&B » Thu May 04, 2017 8:05 pm #288545

Yes
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?

J_Madison wrote:that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you

ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.

User avatar
Armhulen
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:30 pm
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: it's a long story

Re: Administration General Feedback

Postby Armhulen » Thu May 04, 2017 8:16 pm #288550

What's with all the terrible events in recent memory, first the "talk and you get gibbed" and now the "everyone gets deswords"
Go to bed bro, she's not thinking about you.

User avatar
Qbopper
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:34 pm
Location: Canada
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Re: Administration General Feedback

Postby Qbopper » Thu May 04, 2017 10:36 pm #288602

D&B wrote:Spawning 60 tc worth of eswords in a ferry is not a good event.


do you not know who did this?
Limey wrote:its too late.

User avatar
PKPenguin321
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:02 pm
Location: U S A, U S A, U S A
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: Administration General Feedback

Postby PKPenguin321 » Thu May 04, 2017 10:40 pm #288606

D&B wrote:Spawning 60 tc worth of eswords in a ferry is not a good event.

To be fair worse can already happen with the portal storm event
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
D&B
 
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:23 am
Location: *teleports behind you*
Byond Username: Repukan

Re: Administration General Feedback

Postby D&B » Thu May 04, 2017 11:41 pm #288652

Qbopper wrote:
D&B wrote:Spawning 60 tc worth of eswords in a ferry is not a good event.


do you not know who did this?


It was shadowlight but honestly I don't think it's complaint worthy/I have one open already.
Last edited by D&B on Fri May 05, 2017 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?

J_Madison wrote:that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you

ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.

onleavedontatme
 
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:26 pm
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Re: Administration General Feedback

Postby onleavedontatme » Thu May 04, 2017 11:52 pm #288654

It was actually shadowlight.

User avatar
TheColdTurtle
 
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:58 pm
Byond Username: TheColdTurtle

Re: Administration General Feedback

Postby TheColdTurtle » Fri May 05, 2017 1:25 am #288723

PKPenguin321 wrote:
D&B wrote:Spawning 60 tc worth of eswords in a ferry is not a good event.

To be fair worse can already happen with the portal storm event

I am pretty sure it can't. The portal storm enemies don't drop anything at all.
Image
Image

User avatar
D&B
 
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:23 am
Location: *teleports behind you*
Byond Username: Repukan

Re: Administration General Feedback

Postby D&B » Fri May 05, 2017 1:51 am #288741

They can drop elite hardsuits but that's it.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?

J_Madison wrote:that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you

ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.

User avatar
J_Madison
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:39 pm
Byond Username: Akesson

Re: Administration General Feedback

Postby J_Madison » Fri May 05, 2017 1:58 am #288746

If I have to restart my client in the middle of an important game as a team antag, please TAKE OVER my body until I can get back instead of making a vote for 10 seconds whilst my body is beaten to deathand some random is given my body.

Just take over, run away, and get somewhere safe until I return, or hand it over then.

User avatar
Lazengann
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:26 pm
Byond Username: Lazengann

Re: Administration General Feedback

Postby Lazengann » Fri May 05, 2017 5:34 pm #288906

With the return of Kevinz, Sybil has not been a lawless wasteland

User avatar
PKPenguin321
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:02 pm
Location: U S A, U S A, U S A
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: Administration General Feedback

Postby PKPenguin321 » Fri May 05, 2017 6:07 pm #288917

Lazengann wrote:With the return of Kevinz, Sybil has not been a lawless wasteland

Sybil consistently has more admins than bagil anyways so I'm not really sure just from active admin tracking that this was ever a super serious issue in the first place
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Cobby
 
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:19 pm
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: Administration General Feedback

Postby Cobby » Fri May 05, 2017 6:08 pm #288918

J_Madison wrote:If I have to restart my client in the middle of an important game as a team antag, please TAKE OVER my body until I can get back instead of making a vote for 10 seconds whilst my body is beaten to deathand some random is given my body.

Just take over, run away, and get somewhere safe until I return, or hand it over then.


I don't mind doing this but usually we don't actively check every team antag to know immediately when you drop unless we happen to check antags at the right moment or spectate you directly.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current

User avatar
Qbopper
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:34 pm
Location: Canada
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Re: Administration General Feedback

Postby Qbopper » Fri May 05, 2017 7:35 pm #288945

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Lazengann wrote:With the return of Kevinz, Sybil has not been a lawless wasteland

Sybil consistently has more admins than bagil anyways so I'm not really sure just from active admin tracking that this was ever a super serious issue in the first place


yeah since when is "sybil has no admins" been a thing

sybil might have no admins on at odd times (super early/late) but that goes for both servers does it not
Limey wrote:its too late.

User avatar
bman
Github User
 
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:55 pm
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Re: Administration General Feedback

Postby bman » Fri May 05, 2017 8:20 pm #288964

prison security administration is currently more lax than ever, and i like that, because it allows me to rape more inmates play the game more freely.
pryce bax.
Image
Image

User avatar
BeeSting12
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:11 am
Location: 'Murica
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Re: Administration General Feedback

Postby BeeSting12 » Fri May 05, 2017 9:19 pm #288980

Coiax was tempminned for a round and I'd like to say he did a really good job. Bwoinked me once and was patient when I asked for a minute, dropped the issue after I healed him.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day


[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))

hows my driving?

User avatar
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:08 pm
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Re: Administration General Feedback

Postby NikNakFlak » Sat May 06, 2017 5:42 am #289138

He bwoinked you and then dropped it when you healed him? That sounds like what you're NOT supposed to do.
He was removed sometime in the past for overstepping boundaries or something
REDACTED
pm for deets

User avatar
Armhulen
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:30 pm
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: it's a long story

Re: Administration General Feedback

Postby Armhulen » Sat May 06, 2017 8:00 am #289147

>answering his own adminhelps
Go to bed bro, she's not thinking about you.

onleavedontatme
 
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:26 pm
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Re: Administration General Feedback

Postby onleavedontatme » Sat May 06, 2017 11:44 am #289167

"Him" as in "the other player who had ahelped."

User avatar
BeeSting12
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:11 am
Location: 'Murica
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Re: Administration General Feedback

Postby BeeSting12 » Sat May 06, 2017 3:08 pm #289193

oh shit yeah, sorry about the misunderstanding. I critted someone who was NOT coiax and coiax bwoinked me about it, I asked for a second to deal with the shitshow currently going on in the gulag area, processed all the prisoners and healed him and he dropped the issue. obviously i would not be leaving good feedback if coiax had done that
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day


[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))

hows my driving?

User avatar
Nilons
 
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:38 pm
Location: Canada
Byond Username: NIlons

Re: Administration General Feedback

Postby Nilons » Sat May 06, 2017 9:10 pm #289352

I cant fucking stand it when you ahelp something and the admin responding pretty much just says "well your wrong its valid" then closes the ticket so you cant respond or ask why.
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes
Image
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEVd4c1SV2g
Image
Image

User avatar
Qbopper
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:34 pm
Location: Canada
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Re: Administration General Feedback

Postby Qbopper » Sat May 06, 2017 11:21 pm #289422

Nilons wrote:I cant fucking stand it when you ahelp something and the admin responding pretty much just says "well your wrong its valid" then closes the ticket so you cant respond or ask why.


I can sympathize with your frustration, but rule 6

also I think a lot of the admins may not realize exactly how frustrating it can be to get an IC issue/rejected/etc. message even if they're doing it for good reason (myself included)
Limey wrote:its too late.

User avatar
Nilons
 
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:38 pm
Location: Canada
Byond Username: NIlons

Re: Administration General Feedback

Postby Nilons » Sat May 06, 2017 11:29 pm #289428

Qbopper wrote:
Nilons wrote:I cant fucking stand it when you ahelp something and the admin responding pretty much just says "well your wrong its valid" then closes the ticket so you cant respond or ask why.


I can sympathize with your frustration, but rule 6

also I think a lot of the admins may not realize exactly how frustrating it can be to get an IC issue/rejected/etc. message even if they're doing it for good reason (myself included)


It only frustrates me when they don't say something like "rule 6" or "I cant tell you why but its valid" or "anything except its valid/ic issue"
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes
Image
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEVd4c1SV2g
Image
Image

User avatar
PKPenguin321
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:02 pm
Location: U S A, U S A, U S A
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: Administration General Feedback

Postby PKPenguin321 » Sat May 06, 2017 11:39 pm #289432

Nilons wrote:
Qbopper wrote:
Nilons wrote:I cant fucking stand it when you ahelp something and the admin responding pretty much just says "well your wrong its valid" then closes the ticket so you cant respond or ask why.


I can sympathize with your frustration, but rule 6

also I think a lot of the admins may not realize exactly how frustrating it can be to get an IC issue/rejected/etc. message even if they're doing it for good reason (myself included)


It only frustrates me when they don't say something like "rule 6" or "I cant tell you why but its valid" or "anything except its valid/ic issue"

if we can't tell you usually it's becauestelling would be revealing round sensitive info, like if a person in question is/isnt an antagonist. not really any delicate way around it unfortunately.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Nilons
 
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:38 pm
Location: Canada
Byond Username: NIlons

Re: Administration General Feedback

Postby Nilons » Sat May 06, 2017 11:42 pm #289433

PKPenguin321 wrote:if we can't tell you usually it's becauestelling would be revealing round sensitive info, like if a person in question is/isnt an antagonist. not really any delicate way around it unfortunately.



Ye like I said, if the admin said "I cant tell you why but its valid" Id be happy with it, its when Im left in the dark wondering if they just misunderstood what I was saying, or if the other side of the conflict said some shit that wasnt true and they got out of it that frustrates me
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes
Image
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEVd4c1SV2g
Image
Image

User avatar
cedarbridge
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 12:24 am
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Re: Administration General Feedback

Postby cedarbridge » Sun May 07, 2017 12:09 am #289439

Nilons wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:if we can't tell you usually it's becauestelling would be revealing round sensitive info, like if a person in question is/isnt an antagonist. not really any delicate way around it unfortunately.



Ye like I said, if the admin said "I cant tell you why but its valid" Id be happy with it, its when Im left in the dark wondering if they just misunderstood what I was saying, or if the other side of the conflict said some shit that wasnt true and they got out of it that frustrates me

Problem is, players generally read "Valid sorry" to mean "oh so he's an antag so I can do whatever." Like PK said, sometimes there's just no delicate way to do it.

Alternatively, if the admin just kinda brushes things off it might be the issue is being litigated a bit more than they have time or reasonable patience for. We try to make sure that players know what's going on and the rationale going into most rulings, but sometimes chasing a player in circles or arguing about the rules or rulings gets nobody anywhere and the issue just needs to be resolved. Partly in the interest of moving on to other issues and partly in the interest of helping you the player move on from whatever the ruling was or the circumstances that needed it.

User avatar
Nilons
 
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:38 pm
Location: Canada
Byond Username: NIlons

Re: Administration General Feedback

Postby Nilons » Sun May 07, 2017 12:23 am #289444

cedarbridge wrote:
Nilons wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:if we can't tell you usually it's becauestelling would be revealing round sensitive info, like if a person in question is/isnt an antagonist. not really any delicate way around it unfortunately.



Ye like I said, if the admin said "I cant tell you why but its valid" Id be happy with it, its when Im left in the dark wondering if they just misunderstood what I was saying, or if the other side of the conflict said some shit that wasnt true and they got out of it that frustrates me

Problem is, players generally read "Valid sorry" to mean "oh so he's an antag so I can do whatever." Like PK said, sometimes there's just no delicate way to do it.

Alternatively, if the admin just kinda brushes things off it might be the issue is being litigated a bit more than they have time or reasonable patience for. We try to make sure that players know what's going on and the rationale going into most rulings, but sometimes chasing a player in circles or arguing about the rules or rulings gets nobody anywhere and the issue just needs to be resolved. Partly in the interest of moving on to other issues and partly in the interest of helping you the player move on from whatever the ruling was or the circumstances that needed it.


I left this in your feedback thread but you specifically are really good about making sure players (or at least me) know whats going on.
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes
Image
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEVd4c1SV2g
Image
Image

User avatar
Qbopper
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:34 pm
Location: Canada
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Re: Administration General Feedback

Postby Qbopper » Sun May 07, 2017 2:02 am #289492

It sucks

I've had more than one occasion where someone asked if their death was "valid" and I explained that I can't tell them much about it, and then they unironically reply "oh so its ok to kill him once I get cloned right?"

also everything cedar said
Limey wrote:its too late.

onleavedontatme
 
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:26 pm
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Re: Administration General Feedback

Postby onleavedontatme » Sun May 07, 2017 3:42 am #289595

I just tell people straight up if their killer is antag because

A) They are dead

B) If they got revived they'd know that person was a murderer anyway and then act on that. Both from an IC and OOC standpoint their killer is now valid, doesnt matter if they have a red name in the player panel

C) Less frustrating for them

D) Half the modes have hiveminds anyway keeping info from ghosts isnt realistic

User avatar
Nilons
 
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:38 pm
Location: Canada
Byond Username: NIlons

Re: Administration General Feedback

Postby Nilons » Sun May 07, 2017 3:43 am #289599

Kor wrote:I just tell people straight up if their killer is antag because

A) They are dead

B) If they got revived they'd know that person was a murderer anyway and then act on that. Both from an IC and OOC standpoint their killer is now valid, doesnt matter if they have a red name in the player panel

C) Less frustrating for them

D) Half the modes have hiveminds anyway keeping info from ghosts isnt realistic


Kor is right as fuck once again
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes
Image
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEVd4c1SV2g
Image
Image

User avatar
PKPenguin321
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:02 pm
Location: U S A, U S A, U S A
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: Administration General Feedback

Postby PKPenguin321 » Sun May 07, 2017 3:44 am #289602

Kor wrote:I just tell people straight up if their killer is antag because

A) They are dead

B) If they got revived they'd know that person was a murderer anyway and then act on that. Both from an IC and OOC standpoint their killer is now valid, doesnt matter if they have a red name in the player panel

C) Less frustrating for them

D) Half the modes have hiveminds anyway keeping info from ghosts isnt realistic

Well yeah if they're dead duh but if they're alive then it's weird
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Image

onleavedontatme
 
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:26 pm
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Re: Administration General Feedback

Postby onleavedontatme » Sun May 07, 2017 3:45 am #289607

If a player wants to litigate forever you can just tell them that its your decision and they can go post on the forums if they want to dispute it and then stop responding to them.

and then they unironically reply "oh so its ok to kill him once I get cloned right?"


What is wrong with this question in your mind?

onleavedontatme
 
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:26 pm
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Re: Administration General Feedback

Postby onleavedontatme » Sun May 07, 2017 3:49 am #289614

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Kor wrote:I just tell people straight up if their killer is antag because

A) They are dead

B) If they got revived they'd know that person was a murderer anyway and then act on that. Both from an IC and OOC standpoint their killer is now valid, doesnt matter if they have a red name in the player panel

C) Less frustrating for them

D) Half the modes have hiveminds anyway keeping info from ghosts isnt realistic

Well yeah if they're dead duh but if they're alive then it's weird


If they're alive then I remind them of that fact or tell them to tell security.

Like 90% of actions that can only be excused as "they're a traitor" are also actions that would make it valid and just to kill them anyway. If a traitor is trashing my workplace vs a random person is trashing my workplace is going to get the same violent response.

User avatar
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:08 pm
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Re: Administration General Feedback

Postby NikNakFlak » Sun May 07, 2017 4:16 am #289659

Ever telling a player that downright someone is an antag, regardless of reason is imo dumb. How do you complain about the game being different from when it used to be when you remove any kind of suspense or uncertainty of anything
REDACTED
pm for deets

onleavedontatme
 
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:26 pm
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Re: Administration General Feedback

Postby onleavedontatme » Sun May 07, 2017 4:28 am #289687

The suspense is supposed to be IC, deadchat is OOC.

Adminhelps are also OOC and should be as painless as possible. Transparency usually helps with that.

User avatar
Nilons
 
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:38 pm
Location: Canada
Byond Username: NIlons

Re: Administration General Feedback

Postby Nilons » Sun May 07, 2017 4:29 am #289689

NikNakFlak wrote:Ever telling a player that downright someone is an antag, regardless of reason is imo dumb. How do you complain about the game being different from when it used to be when you remove any kind of suspense or uncertainty of anything


Niknak proving once again that they are the worst
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes
Image
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEVd4c1SV2g
Image
Image

User avatar
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:08 pm
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Re: Administration General Feedback

Postby NikNakFlak » Tue May 16, 2017 11:45 am #294326

Kor wrote:The suspense is supposed to be IC, deadchat is OOC.

Adminhelps are also OOC and should be as painless as possible. Transparency usually helps with that.


Death is not always permanent, and there are many cases where it isn't and many cases where it is. Admin judgement should come into effect when telling the player, not just for any reason.
REDACTED
pm for deets

onleavedontatme
 
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:26 pm
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Re: Administration General Feedback

Postby onleavedontatme » Tue May 16, 2017 12:05 pm #294335

But if someone kills you they are now valid for death both IC (murder is a capital crime) and OOC (you can meet murderous force with murderous force) so even if they come back to life you wont really have given them extra information by saying "they're antagonist." They know a killer is out there and will likely inform whoever it was that revived them.

User avatar
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:08 pm
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Re: Administration General Feedback

Postby NikNakFlak » Tue May 16, 2017 12:25 pm #294341

But they don't know for sure if it's an antag or not, and you are still injecting OOC information into their game by doing so and this influences their in-game actions.

Take for example, a situation where two workers got into a fight and one ended dead.
One is an antag, the other is not.

Person ahelps and is told they were an antag, person then retaliates through potentially lethal means but what it boils down to is now "An antagonist killed me and I'm getting lethal revenge"
instead of "Person A killed me for X reason during a workplace fight and I'm killing them back" and while the end result COULD be the same, depending on what a player says upon being revived or how other players who were either around the fight/were informed after the fact, their response to the murder could be different.

The end point here is, one way or another, you are injecting OOC information that could effect things. While you could say "That will never happen" and I can't provide specific examples what so ever, but enough situations similar to that from my own experiences of fighting with a traitor who nobody knew was a traitor, and just the game in general happening over and over across many months, who knows? In the end, why not just use logic to make estimated judgments situation to situation when that doesn't seem that hard?
REDACTED
pm for deets

PreviousNext

Return to Admin Feedback

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users