[No Longer Admin] Sylphet

Moderators: In-Game Game Master, In-Game Head Admins

MrStonedOne
Host

Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

[No Longer Admin] Sylphet

Postby MrStonedOne » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:26 am #570671

Please post any positive or negative feedback for the administrator here.
This is not the place to discuss ban appeals, admin complaints, or ban requests.
This is for specific feedback for this administrator.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder

MrStonedOne on Reddit(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord.

Jack7D1 wrote:After reviewing the history of our previous host(s) I conclude that MSO is our most favorable host to date. To remove him would be very unwise.
Jack7D1 wrote:I seem to be mistaken

Armhulen
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: it's a long story

Re: Sylphet

Postby Armhulen » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:59 am #570683

This was a good guy to admin with on manuel, knew the atmosphere perfectly
Go to bed bro, she's not thinking about you.

Domitius
In-Game Head Admin

Byond Username: Domitius

Postby Domitius » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:30 pm #571254

Sylphet just "gets" the atmosphere in Manuel and understands how to have a good time. Awesome!

Jack7D1

Byond Username: Jack7D1

Postby Jack7D1 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:15 pm #571257

One of my favorite players and by far my favorite CMO, is now an admin. Is it possible to fast track through trialmin with this one?
Elysius Languida is a pacifist moth who dies every round.

Stickymayhem
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Postby Stickymayhem » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:30 pm #571260

works hard without being a boring robot

funmins are bestmins

dont be afraid to ban lots of people thats my advice

Dreathtil
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Dreathtil

Postby Dreathtil » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:09 am #572693

I Like this one
Spoiler:
Can we keep them?

In all seriousness. Goodmin. They be Harsh but with the correct degree that fits Manuel for the real problems that pop up.
Maybe needs lay off the button pushen now and then. But eh what do I know.
Kirb and Cat posting is the default

Vekter
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Vekter

Postby Vekter » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:33 pm #573855

Professional. Able to throw down the hammer while still not being unfair or unduly harsh. He's done a great job so far on Manuel and it's rare I don't see him online.

E: Also adding this. Genuinely one of the better admins we've recruited in recent memory. Hangs out on Manuel in real gamer hours with me and sometimes actually manages to beat me on supportmin pings.
Last edited by Vekter on Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you

cybersaber101
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Cybersaber101

Postby cybersaber101 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:46 pm #574283

Excellent admin; sylphet is a ticket handling machine who prioritizes the enjoyment of everyone playing.
The same poster, over and over and over and over and over and-

carshalash

Byond Username: Carshalash

Postby carshalash » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:09 am #574802

Very cringe admin

After initially disliking her at first for a ruling on me doing bad boy things she has grown to be one of my favourite admins on manuel at the moment, they are very nice and understanding and have tried giving most people that show signs of improvement an extra chance. I believe their strong knowledge of medical gameplay can be useful in helping newer players learn one of the more frustrating and required jobs in the game.

Sylph has a strong passion for making sure people act well on the server and hehave well both icly and oocly, I hope they continue to improve them self even further and be a great fullmin.

ambrosia

Byond Username: Ikrarkjr

Postby ambrosia » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:19 am #574804

Bagelmin turned into breadmin
Truly a connoisseur of fine carbohydrates
10/10 would TC trade to be the almighty bread again

wesoda25

Byond Username: Wesoda25

Postby wesoda25 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:27 pm #578385

I'm tempted to make a complaint, but since it was a one off occurrence and the note was lifted I'll just leave this as feedback.

Admins like you are responsible for the current problems of Manuel. You completely lack the ability to see the forest through the trees (EXTREMELY important ability in a roleplaying game as nuanced as ss13), punish people for not complying with your hugbox addled view of the game, and make decisions without thoroughly investigating a matter.

I think there is a very obvious difference in the nature of your ahelps to me and the changeling. You noted me before I even have time to explain myself, and due to the appeal it is very obvious that you didn't understand many major components of the situation. You catered to an antagonist who was upset that they were caught, and immediately took their side. On top of that you made up stupid bullshit to tell me off about in our ahelps, after telling the changeling in their ahelps that those things aren't against the rules. This resulted in me not taking the measures to set up an area filled with BZ where the changeling would actually be able to interact with the round - so you disadvantaged them just as much as me.

In case anyone is wondering, this is why Manuel is a joke. This is why your players are too fucking pussy to do anything as an antagonist that isn't their objectives. Because if they try and do anything to make the round more interesting, they'll be punished by people like you over stupid bullshit.

This post is pretty aggressive, and while I mean every word of it, try not to take the harsher parts to heart. I will say this though - I found that round incredibly enjoyable - my interactions with everyone, from the captain to security to even the ling, were interesting and flavorful. What ended up ruining it for me was you. I don't know if I'll play on Manuel again anytime soon, because clearly you guys prioritize the hugbox over roleplay. It's a shame, because the problem really doesn't seem to be the players. mike drop q_q obama

PostThis post was deleted by MortoSasye on Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:56 am.
Reason: Not feedback.

PostThis post was deleted by MortoSasye on Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:57 am.
Reason: Not feedback.

iamgoofball
Github User

Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Postby iamgoofball » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:36 am #578450

terranaut wrote:oh yeah thing i think is interesting to note: sylphet seems very involved in almost anything involving Ikrarkjr/ambrosia rose, the changeling from that round, and very much in favor of them in general

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=27569
Ikrarkjr gets banned, Sylphet chimes in saying they're a good boy and didn't do nuffin

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=27348
Someone gets wabbajacked into a slime on a packed shuttle, gets attacked, starts attacking other people (Ikrarkjr), gets banned

and then theres the dumb meme note this thread is about with sylphet jumping straight out of seeing something in IC back to admin and placing a note within 2 minutes of bwoinking a player for drugging a changeling (Ikrarkjr)

there might be more but i already feel way too autistic making this post so im just gonna stop

Terranaut, despite being a jackass, has a pretty good point here. Sylphet seems to jump to this particular player's defense far more often than usual, to the point of re-adminning mid round just to incorrectly punish a user for slighting their friend Ikrarkjr.

Admins are supposed to be impartial in their duties, and it is clear this admin is unable to do so.

wesoda25

Byond Username: Wesoda25

Postby wesoda25 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:52 am #578452

I've already (pretty cringily) overexerted myself in this thread and would rather not stay any longer, so I'll keep it short. The stuff I said about objectives is public knowledge, and I believe that my being bwoinked on my first round for something like this is indicative of the frequency of similar bwoinks. I'll repeat/clarify what I said in the OP: a good chunk of this is overly harsh and shouldn't really be taken to heart, it was for the most part anger posting (brought on by the doubling down), but I feel as if there is a semblance of truth to a decent bit of it.

eh this last part is pointless ill remove it

Sylphet

Byond Username: Sylphet

Postby Sylphet » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:46 am #578612

iamgoofball wrote:Terranaut, despite being a jackass, has a pretty good point here. Sylphet seems to jump to this particular player's defense far more often than usual, to the point of re-adminning mid round just to incorrectly punish a user for slighting their friend Ikrarkjr.

Admins are supposed to be impartial in their duties, and it is clear this admin is unable to do so.

I really wasn't going to give Terranaut's uh... well researched post any more attention than it deserves, but whatever. Posting this so at least the truth is here.

oh yeah thing i think is interesting to note: sylphet seems very involved in almost anything involving Ikrarkjr/ambrosia rose, the changeling from that round, and very much in favor of them in general

I'm involved with them because I have watched them go from being an overaggressive player to someone trying to improve and find a place in the MRP community. I've given them explanations before for what exactly they were doing wrong that led to a note or ban when they couldn't understand it from another admin. Sometimes a second opinion helps. I want to see them succeed, but I won't excuse the things that they do wrong.

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=27569
Ikrarkjr gets banned, Sylphet chimes in saying they're a good boy and didn't do nuffin

Never said that they didn't do anything. I supported the ban, and other admins agreed with what I said.

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=27348
Someone gets wabbajacked into a slime on a packed shuttle, gets attacked, starts attacking other people (Ikrarkjr), gets banned

They were banned for killing someone and not answering bwoinks in order to bring them to the forums to explain. As soon as they did, it was lifted and left as a warning.

and then theres the dumb meme note this thread is about with sylphet jumping straight out of seeing something in IC back to admin and placing a note within 2 minutes of bwoinking a player for drugging a changeling (Ikrarkjr)

This part is just untrue. I can't dump the admin logs, but any admin can confirm this. You can see that I observed this round on scrubby, so I can't have readminned like Terranaut says. https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/round/147723

The reason that they were bwoinked so quickly is because when they fed Ikrarkjr the morphine, I was already orbiting her. I watched Wesoda restrain someone and then feed them morphine - my feelings on this are obvious enough and I'm not getting back into it. Ikrarkjr never asked me to do anything about the morphine, that was all me. And I'll totally say that I fucked up by placing the note so quickly - I didn't think that a reply was coming. Should have been more patient tbh.
Tell me how much you think that I should be thrown out of the nearest airlock !
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=27175

terranaut
TGMC Lead

Byond Username: Terranaut

Postby terranaut » Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:50 am #578651

Even if there had been no reply, giving a changeling a morphine overdose is in no observable universe demanding of a note. You've completely missed the point of the entire appeal it seems, but I don't really want to get into it here, this is not the appeal thread.

Tell me I'm a good monki: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=24558

ambrosia

Byond Username: Ikrarkjr

Postby ambrosia » Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:36 am #578652

The morphine controversy be like
https://lobotomycorp.fandom.com/wiki/On ... Good_Deeds
They are (although they were on vacation a bit recently IRL) the most active admin, tied or above dreathtil, I believe above
And despite all this time, and all the the tickets that came in (I usually saw them online at the same time as dreathtil, but when dreathtil wasn't there, sylphet would be)
There hasn't been much, if any, big distaste in their admining

Addition: I am ckey ikrarkjr, and as they explained, 2/3 of those situations had really nothing to do with me as a 'bias', as the second would've been handled the same with any victim, and any admin, given the situation of not responding to admin pms. The third I did not ahelp for, meaning I never was asking or implying to 'help' me.

I don't think that 1/3 of their whole thread should be about one bad note

Space Panda

Byond Username: Magnus Veritas

Postby Space Panda » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:06 am #578653

Good admin, and they like long furbies too. 10/10 promote to game master

Domitius
In-Game Head Admin

Byond Username: Domitius

Postby Domitius » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:11 pm #580302

Sylphet has retired, they are welcome back anytime.

Return to Former Admins