Omega_DarkPotato

Tell the admins how you think they're doing.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Omega_DarkPotato

Post by MrStonedOne » #616337

Please post any positive or negative feedback for the administrator here.
This is not the place to discuss ban appeals, admin complaints, or ban requests.
This is for specific feedback for this administrator.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Re: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Timberpoes » #616339

I'm not gonna say that I agree with all of omega's ideas. I disagree with some of his takes on what LRP should and shouldn't be, and think that sometimes he makes decisions and takes actions that don't really "fit in" with the sort of judgement I've come to expect on sybil.

However, even if I disagree with how he might decide to act or enforce the rules, I think that he's still a good admin - interactions with him have been pleasant in all circumstances.
He's a cool dude, even if we don't see eye-to-eye, and I feel that he actually cares about our (the players') experience quite a bit. It's nice to have someone dedicated like that.

Copyright (C) Timberpoes 2021 Original Admin Feedback Do Not Steal
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #616340

Seems to have a good grasp about the spirit of the rules and a good common sense about the lines defining what players should and shouldn't do. Though friendly and pleasant to be around, I know he's a no-bullshit type of person, who can be harsh if the situation demands it. I also know he deeply cares about the community, which is important.

Seeing his name in adminwho brings me a sense of tranquility and anguish cause it means he won't be playing that round!.

I'm certain he already is and will be a great addition to the team!

kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #621324

Bad choices.

I was the CE, got into a fight with an engi about some stupid sm set up, it ended up delamming, I ran into maint and died. Whatever, it's all IC at the end of the day.

He then decided that it was a good idea to force spawn me and spawn the other guy(I don't know if he was forced.) Into the thunderdome forcing me into a long winded conversation about his set up or w/e. This left my body without a soul. During this time It was found, looted and dragged into the halls. When I brought this up he couldn't find my body and asked me if it was still there. He managed to finally return my soul after the round had ended.

I found this incredibly scummy. He at no point asked me if I wanted to be forced into a thunderdome conversation with someone or if I wanted to be made soulless over some ic issue and took me out of the round for it.
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #621522

Omega is a very pleasant admin and seems to know well the fine-line of how to interact with the round. They do an awesome job of peppering the round in harmless ways that make it more fun for everyone involved, and I've never seen them come close to abusing buttons or risking impacting the round in a serious or negative way.
Spoiler:
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #636460

Omega has retired and leaves on good terms with the admin team. o7
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Timberpoes » #638452

And he's back!
jortsandshirts
Byond Username: Jortymorty

Post by jortsandshirts » #640989

Hello there.

Back to back rounds now you've crawled up my shitpipe for things you are completely wrong and misinformed about and twice now you've caused bullshit with these bwoinks and laughed it off when I've told you that it's annoying you pick the worst times to do it.

GBS that comes in virus crates is fake GBS. You made a big stinky about it being harmful and another admin had to correct you.
The round after you made a big stinky fussywuss about me locking a cyborg in a locker. One that the HoS ordered dead. You attempted to paint this as round removal because you're dumb. You ignored the context of the situation given that their borg-corpse was taken to security, then ID locked in a locker in PLAIN VIEW OF OTHER CREW MEMBERS to secure it until the HoS could arrive.

What was the threat you made again?
Admin PM from-Omega_DarkPotato: If you do not prefer "hid a body" I'll write it as "attempted round removal" then. Do not place bodies where they cannot be recovered after you kill them unless you're certain they're an antagonist or are in the second bout of escalation with them. (re: escalation policy) Have a good rest of your shift.
Click on the administrator's name to reply.
Yeah oof, you completely ignored the context of the situation and because I back-talked you slid down to a threat like that? We were unsure of the status of the AI given the cyborgs behavior and locking it in a room the AI could easily open seems a little stupid no? The best case scenario was taken and again, it was not hidden nor was it removed from the round you bad-faith-picture-painting buffoon. There was no less than three people, not including myself that were present for this nonsense. It literally took me telling you to just STFU and give me the note so I could appeal it so I could go back to my round.

Twice, back to back, you've tried to be an arsehump with the "gotcha" and when I stated that you keep picking the absolute worst times you were fucking SMUG about it.
Admin PM from-Omega_DarkPotato: Locking a borg inside of a locker that can only be accessed by security is definitely hiding them from those who would attempt to revive it. As for "bwoinking you and getting you fucked", thems the breaks. I'll talk with the HoS, but ideally you shouldn't be hiding a body off the bat because of escalation policy.
Click on the administrator's name to reply.

So I called you on that.
Admin PM from-Omega_DarkPotato: Thems the breaks isn't an excuse. I do not have to wait until you're in the world's most perfect situation

How about not bothering me at all with your bullshit eh? Wild idea.

That's twice now you've been completely wrong about shit, the first time around was plausible but the second time you literally were depicting shit incorrectly to paint a narrative that didn't exist. Thankfully a bwoink from another admin later cleared up that they felt I did nothing wrong. I don't know how I pissed in your cheerios but you need to leave me alone creeper. You're chomping at the bit to nail me to a cross and it shows.
Go back to retirement and stay there.
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #640991

jortsandshirts wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 12:54 am snipped

First bwoink: You were walking around with a flashing red/black virus and purposefully infecting people. I wasn't sure if you were going to start dying, and virology grief's always something bwoinkable over. You wander into the ACTUAL SM CHAMBER, decide that now is the best time to answer a ticket, die from the SM pulling you in, and decide to blame admins.
Second bwoink: You hide a borg's body in a room after it follows asimov. (Unsurprisingly, shooting someone in the brig will cause silicons to be mad) You complain about admins bwoinking you for you doing something to be bwoinked over.

Cope.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
jortsandshirts

Post by jortsandshirts » #640993

Ew, straight up again trying to rewrite history.

I'm grateful there was actual admins without their heads up their asses there to reign you in, twice, in two rounds back to back.
Uh, there was no hiding a borgs body in a room? There was no hiding of it at all and the fact that you've been told that and continue to lie about what the reality was shows that you're acting in bad faith. It was secured, with multiple people present in a locker because again, AI was questionable and we needed to know what was what.
This is going to become an admin complaint in short order.
cynic716
Byond Username: Cynic716

Post by cynic716 » #640994

jortsandshirts wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 2:09 am Ew, straight up again trying to rewrite history.

I'm grateful there was actual admins without their heads up their asses there to reign you in, twice, in two rounds back to back.
Uh, there was no hiding a borgs body in a room? There was no hiding of it at all and the fact that you've been told that and continue to lie about what the reality was shows that you're acting in bad faith. It was secured, with multiple people present in a locker because again, AI was questionable and we needed to know what was what.
This is going to become an admin complaint in short order.
We lost control over Omega years ago, they've finally broken containment. No one, not even MSO can stop them now.

We should've listened when we were told we were playing God, but we didn't and now the world is surely doomed.

May the Devil have mercy on us, because God surely doesn't.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #640995

Thankfully a bwoink from another admin later cleared up that they felt I did nothing wrong.
Hi, just to give context on this. I wasn’t part of the decision making process for that ticket at all. I just saw that omega decided it was IC, but it wasn’t obvious to me from reading the ticket, so I wanted to reach out to you to make sure you understood. Omega had DCed by this time which is why I did it. I had their go-ahead to do so.
[this space reserved]
jortsandshirts

Post by jortsandshirts » #640997

Oh fuck me that's even worse. They berate, threaten and when shown the mess they left on the carpet by stuffing their snout in it they just wander away from the ticket and leave it open ended? Grotesque behavior. Thank you for clearing that up drinkable man. Here I thought someone took them aside and explained to them they were being a factual jackwagon but it turns out they're even worse.
Saying they decided it was IC is a bit shit though. They had the 2x4 of fact applied to them until their cockwash narrative was indefensible and once realized they had painted themselves into a bad faith corner they then chose to slink away like a bluff-charging black bear, back to the municipal landfill to subsist on a diet of spoiled canned goods and soiled diapers.

Alarming behavior to say the least, but a dump bear is gonna be a dump bear.
Last edited by Arianya on Mon May 16, 2022 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed stupid huge image that added nothing of value.
Chadley
Byond Username: Armodias

Post by Chadley » #641350

Had a very good shift experience getting help from Omega. Was very patient with me and supportive with a new antagonist experience alongside additional ahelps that I submitted. I look forward to seeing them on Sybil again!
► Show Spoiler
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #649743

is a nerd who likes to shill opus starsector, overall good in ahelps and a nice lad.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

bastardblaster
Byond Username: BastardBlaster

Post by bastardblaster » #649746

we love omegadork

san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Post by san7890 » #660891

Omega_DarkPotato has retired.
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #661998

Omega is back!
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #664792

Just wanted to say that the way they handled the latest ban was outstanding. I wish they ban me someday.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here.
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #664805

Omega just handled one of the most collected, professional and respectful permaban appeals I've ever seen. Goodmin.

vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Post by vect0r » #664875

Goodmin all the way! The way they handled the appeal was quite honestly one of the best that I have seen.
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
NamelessFairy
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: NamelessFairy

Post by NamelessFairy » #689989

Omega's a great discord Jannie who I honestly think has performed well enough to dethrone Hulk as the face of the discords moderation. Could work on increasing the amount of Touhou posting they do however.
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #703572

Omega is the certified polcon “Player killer”™️ and the channel is better off because of it. 1000 years of light
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player