[No Longer Admin] AwkwardStereo

MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

[No Longer Admin] AwkwardStereo

Post by MrStonedOne » #620399

Please post any positive or negative feedback for the administrator here.
This is not the place to discuss ban appeals, admin complaints, or ban requests.
This is for specific feedback for this administrator.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
mstachife
Byond Username: Mstachife

Re: AwkwardStereo

Post by mstachife » #629509

pretty cool guy. also runs fun events
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #635855

Best handling of an admin complaint I've ever seen, shows true integrity and honestly just class.

Aside from that, fun HoS and warden to play with, and pleasant person to be involved in a ticket with.
Spoiler:
Zybwivcz
Byond Username: Zybwivcz

Post by Zybwivcz » #650561

Plus: Admits when he's made a mistake, resolves to do better next time.
Minus: Next time makes the same mistake, but worse.

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=31342

Only talks briefly with someone who ahelps, fails to get important information before making a decision on an issue. Admits he made a mistake, says he'll make an "honest effort from me to look into the issue" in the future.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=32112

Doesn't talk at all to one of the only two people involved, fails to get important information from them and makes a significant error of fact as a result.

My appreciation for AwkwardStereo admitting their error and resolving to do better the first time is mitigated by AwkwardStereo's making the same mistake but worse the next time. There are only two people involved this time instead of three or four, AwkwardStereo fails to talk at all to one of the two instead of just talking briefly, and instead of responding to an ahelp AwkwardStereo acted without anyone ahelping.

Especially in those circumstances, an "honest effort from me to look into the issue" should mean at least talk to everyone before acting. It's not a high bar.
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #650600

Yikes, my guy. Objectively wrong and lost the appeal, so your only recourse is to post negative feedback on the admin's thread? AS showed a very clear and thorough grasp of the situation. Admins do not need an ahelp to step in if they think the rules have been broken.

My advice to anyone reading is to take Zyb's words with an entire shaker's worth of salt. For those ignorant of his history, he's a shitter sec main that does the bare minimum of speaking to do his job, randomname randomfaces so that people can't peg him as a shitter, and throws a fit and ahelps whenever he loses instead of trying to work with the situation or roleplay even a little bit.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #650604

Ask MSO for player feedback threads. Coming 2023?
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #650615

AwkwardStereo has heroically brought us precedent to continue the policy of "You can't make an admin complaint about a ban without appealing the ban first" into a further policy of "You cannot post negative admin feedback to complain that you appealed a ban, it was upheld by the banning admin and the headmins, but you are still very upset."
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #650617

I think he’s a really great admin who has a good understanding of sybil. Has a solid head and understands the job well.
[this space reserved]
AwkwardStereo
Byond Username: AwkwardStereo

Post by AwkwardStereo » #650622

Zybwivcz wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:37 am Plus: Admits when he's made a mistake, resolves to do better next time.
Minus: Next time makes the same mistake, but worse.

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=31342

Only talks briefly with someone who ahelps, fails to get important information before making a decision on an issue. Admits he made a mistake, says he'll make an "honest effort from me to look into the issue" in the future.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=32112

Doesn't talk at all to one of the only two people involved, fails to get important information from them and makes a significant error of fact as a result.

My appreciation for AwkwardStereo admitting their error and resolving to do better the first time is mitigated by AwkwardStereo's making the same mistake but worse the next time. There are only two people involved this time instead of three or four, AwkwardStereo fails to talk at all to one of the two instead of just talking briefly, and instead of responding to an ahelp AwkwardStereo acted without anyone ahelping.

Especially in those circumstances, an "honest effort from me to look into the issue" should mean at least talk to everyone before acting. It's not a high bar.
In the second case you are talking about, they did ahelp. If they had never ahelped at all I would have just moved on. The one time in the past I jumped in without an ahelp I was sent a funny gif of a cat demanding I kill myself (we had good rapport, but future readers should not do this) and told they were fine.

I have better things to do than pick people's fights for them, like logging off.
Zybwivcz
Byond Username: Zybwivcz

Post by Zybwivcz » #650632

AwkwardStereo wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:02 pm In the second case you are talking about, they did ahelp.
Well, shows what I know.

I formally retract any and all criticism of AwkwardStereo and redirect it at Timberpoes for not making it clear he wasn' t just making up the justification on his own but repeating something the ahelper lied about.
Scriptis
Byond Username: Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #653549

pLEASE HELP HE'S A MANIAC. A PSYCHO HE WON'T STOP HE'S BEEN AT THIS SINCE APRIL
Spoiler:
DENHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!
Spoiler:

spookuni
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Spookuni

Post by spookuni » #653550

Stereo has retired.