Cheshify

Tell the admins how you think they're doing.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Cheshify

Post by MrStonedOne » #635403

Please post any positive or negative feedback for the administrator here.
This is not the place to discuss ban appeals or admin complaints.
This is for specific feedback for this administrator.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
Dezupher
Byond Username: Dezupher

Re: Cheshify

Post by Dezupher » #635407

Very hardworking and has taken to adminning and communicating with the team in bus very well. One of my favorite new admins.
Imaginos
Byond Username: PositiveEntropy

Post by Imaginos » #635418

Very inquisitive, dedicated, and steadfast! I'm very excited to see them progress through their trial and to become a full-fledged admin soon!
Hello! I'm PositiveEntropy, Spritetainer and AdminTrainer extraordinaire! If you feel like sending any feedback, you may be interested in checking it out here.

oklews
Byond Username: Oklews

Post by oklews » #635631

Amazing admin choice, very professional
dessysalta
Byond Username: Dessysalta

Post by dessysalta » #641453

Everything about this admin rocks. Every shift so far that I've had them has been interesting or fun, and they've even helped me set up the rewards for a poker tournament (and gave me a trophy for "Best Syndicate Bar"). Should be made full admin ASAP.
Sherrie, mostly. If you need a drink, I can do that.
InfiniteGalaxies
Byond Username: InfiniteGalaxies

Post by InfiniteGalaxies » #641825

cool admin, likes cool gimmicks +9999
► Show Spoiler
Plays Manuel and TGMC.

Ticky tocky goes clocky, you did an icky ocky!
Tearling
Byond Username: Tearling

Post by Tearling » #642608

On round 184009 ran a really good event on manuel that incorporated a healthy amount of combat and roleplay, making the round a very fun one for everyone involved.
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:41 am From my perspective, players just want to genuinely be listened to. And I don't mean it condescendingly, but to genuinely have their say and for admins to listen, process it and reply. Even if you don't give two shits about what the player is saying, even if you disagree with every part of what they say, players are less likely to leave an ahelp pissed off if you've listened to them and given a reply that directly addresses what they've told you.
Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Post by Lacran » #647409

Has a lot of passion and genuinely wants to make the server more enjoyable for everyone.
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #654357

Ran a really good event on terry involving a Corgi Wizard that got more spells and titles when it was attacked. Incorporated plenty of roleplay and fun interactions with this!
SkyMonster
Byond Username: Sky Monster

Post by SkyMonster » #658048

Chesh is currently one of my favourite active admins on Manuel. They've set up many ghost role mini-events, several of which I was lucky enough to participate in. These events typically help to inject more RP potential into shifts, as well as being fun for the role-takers and the crew. Always cool in ahelps.
Kassori
Byond Username: Kassori

Post by Kassori » #658248

They're pretty great and all and it's genuinely a pleasure to have them around but I've had Bones stuck in my head for the last 3 days.
pfp by AspEv
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Post by Epicgamer545 » #658269

Excellent admin and mapper. Creates both great events in game (and also uses build mode to the extreme), and also works well with people to create great maps! Very helpful and reasonable in ahelps, and is mature when using it. Great admin to have around, but I am afraid they have created a cognitive hazard by playing imagine dragons bones on repeat, and I am forced to say the lyrics in both OOC and over radio. The disease has reached me and I am about to die in 7 days.

Other than that, pretty cool!
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
Boris
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Borisvanmemes

Post by Boris » #663337

Their commitment to teaching people how to do things they don't know is admirable as hell.
current admin that was formerly retired due to inactivity
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #668244

Cheshify is one of my favourite admins to interact with, ic and ooc purely out of their positivity and genuine passion for the game.
Last edited by kinnebian on Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
respect (let him do his thing)
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #669744

I don't play on servers Cheshify admins, but on all other occasions I interacted with them, they were super nice and cool.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here.
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #674945

Chesh is a treasure, thanks for helping me with march into mapness
dessysalta

Post by dessysalta » #683999

Now that I've coded in a martial artist gi (READ: totally not a Goku outfit) due to Cheshify's wishes, I need to express how awesome and goofy it felt to do that and moreover how insanely disappointed I'll be if they don't tell me how that event went/goes down when they do it.

Also, they have a shitpost I drew in their forum signature. Double points, no it's not biased, I swear!
Pumpkin0
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Pumpkin0

Post by Pumpkin0 » #684397

They're pretty cool, willing to help whenever they have the chance and has a good sense of humour
the w
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #686714

Cheshify has demonstrated a poor understanding of security policy, rule 3 of it in particular.
He claims that giving someone a permabrig sentence for a medium (2 minute) crime of insubordination "would have been acceptable".
There is clearly room for improvement for Cheshify.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #686724

yesterday i had to ahelp and no one was online and cheshify came on and helped me he is a good guy
NamelessFairy
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: NamelessFairy

Post by NamelessFairy » #689984

Great admin, I specifically go out of my way to try an convince them to admin on Terry more because I think we need more admins like Chesh there. I expect great things from them if they stick around for the long term. Still hasn't finished rain world downpour though so I need to dock a point for that.
DevinXoptoh
Byond Username: DevinXoptoh

Post by DevinXoptoh » #691135

played a remix of katy perry firework with I really want to stay at your house.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #691228

Based.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
dessysalta

Post by dessysalta » #692637

Time for my 3rd feedback: now you can finally say that Goku round happened! I'm glad I got to be a part of it, it was super goofy and silly and I loved every second of it. Seriously, this admin is just the greatest--I want to be there for when he's made a Headmin, because I swear to God it's only a matter of time.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #692690

Is bitch made
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #694786

I can count on one hand the amount of people in this community I think are indispensable for my sanity whilst here and Chesh is one of them.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here.
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Post by Sightld2 » #694915

Cheshify is often the fastest Admin to tackle a situation regardless of scale or difficulty. Where I can struggle to take action, Cheshify never will.

dessysalta

Post by dessysalta » #718168

dessysalta wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:45 pmI want to be there for when he's made a Headmin, because I swear to God it's only a matter of time.
I wasn't there when he was made a Headmin, but I just want you all to know, the amount of joy I have in my heart having been the person who watched Cheshify go from an admin candidate all the way to a head admin is outrageous. It was like watching your best friend get everything you've ever wanted to see the dude have, or like a nation finally be led by someone worth a damn (to clarify, I'm not at all doubting the other head admins, but I just didn't see them as often and Cheshify is the only dude I saw actually progress from that low of a rank all the way up in like, a year or two's time).

Yes, I know, this is my fourth feedback, and it's gonna be a long one, folks, because I might not ever make another one unless he gets promoted to like host/game master or something.

The thing that sets Cheshify aside from the other admins to me is how blatantly friendly the guy is regardless of the situation. You fucked up? Hey, it's all good, we all make mistakes. You wanna pitch an event? Dude, that sounds awesome, let's do it! Someone causing a ruckus? I got you buddy, I'll handle it. Nearly every prayer I've made while this admin is on has been answered (for better or worse), nearly every event I've pitched has gone down in my little event catalog very neatly organized in my brain or in discord chats where I can look back on them fondly. Every single time I'm worried I just made a huge mistake and I'm gonna get banned, Cheshify understands that he was a new player once and quells my fear immediately. I've had so much fun over the years being the recipient and consumer of Chesh's adminbus and jokes. I made that Goku outfit for him, too, see my above feedback.

I'll close with my first ever experience with Cheshify. I think it outlines who Chesh is without being too wordy.

I have about 100-200 hours at this point. Not a lot, but enough to have a grasp of most of the game's basic mechanics. I know how to use tools, I know how to bartend, and hey, I just got traitor. I make a quick prayer I think it is, maybe an ahelp, ask if I could get some contraband to sell and plastitanium/plastit. glass to transform the bar into a little Syndicate haven. A few markers come down, one or two simplemobs spawn alongside the contraband and materials, it's a lot of fun beating them to death and then spending the next half hour or so remodeling the bar. To my surprise, people show up in excess, not just that, but we all have a poker tournament and play Hold 'Em. The Captain bets the nuke disk, I bet a bunch of money and some guns—mime bets their bottle of nothing, etc.

For a good hour or two, it's just vibes. All of command and security are in on the joke, buying stuff they shouldn't have, pissing off Central Command, and playing poker. I have to step away for a second to go grab the secret docs (of course) and bet those too. Everyone's just happy, changeling and heretic and secoff alike. While I'm away...

You hear a voice inside your head...pssst. go to the bar

I'm like, "alright, fair enough" and step behind the counter since I see a couple new faces. Then I see a little air drop marker. Huh, what could that be?

I actually tear up, dude. I'm not joking. It's about 5-10 minutes 'til shuttle and I'm about to cry because some dude gave me a trophy for changing the bar around on some funny space game.
I go into the shuttle, nobody stops me from changing the route from Central Command to the Syndicate base, a bunch of operatives greet me, and we all die. I swear to you this was a special moment. That's why it's my forum signature. It's definitely in my top 3, the other two being Sherrie getting married to Quinn (Cheshify also helped with that) and the numerous RP-oriented ones other admins have helped me out with (and that Cheshify has helped orchestrate, too).

Cheshify, if you read this, and I know you will, I want you to know you are a goddamned saint and you helped me truly fall in love with the culture and community of SS13. No matter how hard I try, I just can't stay away from this game. I cherish the fuck out of being maybe the first or only person to receive a trophy for my remodeling skills (and even if I'm not the first person, an admin gave me a trophy, that's the only achievement I need). I wasn't there when you were elected headmin, so you had best DM me when you get turned into a game master or host.

E: I felt obligated to include a screenshot of the bar itself. It's in the spoiler so I don't clog up the screen. Also turns out we played Blackjack, but nobody cares about that difference.
► Show Spoiler
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #718223

dessysalta wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:17 pm Everything
I saw the preview for this post and thought "oh no is this going to make me cry"

Yes, yes it did.

I don't really know how to respond without sounding full of myself, but your comment reinforces that everything I've been trying to do is good. I do love this game, and I do want to make sure everyone has as much fun as possible. Thank you, Dessysalta.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
TagGamerGang2
Byond Username: TagGamerGame2

Post by TagGamerGang2 » #718923

Recently ran an event on Manuel in which they spawned dark soul themed enemies. This was fine when they spawned the first enemy however by the time they spawned the second one a large part of sec had died or was busy fighting changeling/pirates. I also had to SSD as the HoS due to lag issues and ahelped asking to be replaced. This ahelp received no response. I do not believe it's the best idea to spawn in enemies when a large portion of security and about 1/4th to 1/5th of the crew is dead and there's not many people available to actually put up a fight to them.