Sightld2

Tell the admins how you think they're doing.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Sightld2

Post by MrStonedOne » #649099

Please post any positive or negative feedback for the administrator here.
This is not the place to discuss ban appeals, admin complaints, or ban requests.
This is for specific feedback for this administrator.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
cybersaber101
Byond Username: Cybersaber101

Re: Sightld2

Post by cybersaber101 » #649113

Went a long with some fun me and a lizard were having by turning the lizard really tiny, tiny to fight a virus of course, Sightld2 is very receptive to increasing player fun. (:
The same poster, over and over and over and over and over and-
Brother_Hangyul
Byond Username: Brother_Hangyul

Post by Brother_Hangyul » #649179

Sightld2 tends to use their adminbus abilities frequently in rounds, in the form of events, surprise adminbus / murder and ERTs. Some notable examples are:
- Sending CC Deathsquad Mechs to deal with a vine infestation.
- Spawning in as a 'moffia' and killing someone with a tommygun, and reviving them afterwards.
- Frequent CC updates in defence of characters.
- Missile/pod gibs.

Whether this is good or bad is up for debate.
delaron
Byond Username: Delaron

Post by delaron » #649257

This admin is quick on the draw to answer ahelps and stays engaged with the round consistently. Knows details about the threats and antics of the characters in a round. Bright star!
-------
I'm not smart enough to meme.
PKSonikal
Byond Username: PK_Sonikal

Post by PKSonikal » #649265

baseball enjoyer, gigachad
made a baseball event that turned into nuke ops; the final fight between Syndicate and NanoTrasen. we syndies won!
Kitfox
Byond Username: Kitfox88

Post by Kitfox » #649431

bwoinked me and made me scared but was very chill about it and not overbearing
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Post by Epicgamer545 » #657225

Based on what I witnessed before, SightId is a good admin, roleplayer, and gimmick master. They aren’t afraid to interact with the round in a meaningful way in order to engage players and make people laugh.
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
carshalash
Byond Username: Carshalash

Post by carshalash » #657256

One of the handful of admins I trust on silicon policy.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #659394

If you think throwing a pie constitutes grief then you are taking this game way too serious.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Post by Sightld2 » #659484

CPTANT wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:04 pm If you think throwing a pie constitutes grief then you are taking this game way too serious.
If you think that's why I placed the note. You're mistaken.

CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #659502

Sightld2 wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:23 am
CPTANT wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:04 pm If you think throwing a pie constitutes grief then you are taking this game way too serious.
If you think that's why I placed the note. You're mistaken.
Well enlighten everyone then. I read what you said in the admin PM and ban appeal and it is clear that you saw throwing a pie as a type of grief reserved for clowns. And metagrudging case requires what happens to be grief in the first place.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Sightld2
In-Game Admin

Post by Sightld2 » #662692

CPTANT wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:00 am Well enlighten everyone then. I read what you said in the admin PM and ban appeal and it is clear that you saw throwing a pie as a type of grief reserved for clowns. And metagrudging case requires what happens to be grief in the first place.
I was wrong for a great deal of things and I apologize. I was wrong to say such things about pie and clowns, that didn't even aid my arguement to begin with. I was wrong to place the first note, which made assumptions about tone and intention. Bad vibes are not a sufficient reason to place a note, and the evidence I gathered at the time, was not sufficient either. I've since seen more evidence that affirms my assessment, but at the time I did not have enough for the action I took.

And though I was happy with the placement of my second note on Ferrolocus, I understood its poor roots, I understood why it was overturned, I understand all the flak I took for placing either note. The optics of the situation placed me in a greatly poor light, and I personally believe I've still learned my lesson from the mess and have improved for the better because of it. I understand that you may not believe or care for that, and I still deserve the feedback you've placed.

However (and I recognize that this may paint me in a poor light once again, so its a good thing its already on my feedback page), I must admit I take some small vindication and joy even, now knowing that he has been perma-banned, an evasion account of Pieguy's the entire time. https://tgstation13.org/tgdb/publicbans.php

DaydreamIQ
Byond Username: DaydreamIQ

Post by DaydreamIQ » #662764

Really helpful for answering questions regarding silicon policy given they've got a lotta playtime as them.

Also pie man bad get he
dessysalta
Byond Username: Dessysalta

Post by dessysalta » #679630

Very open-to-ideas and professional when dealing with ahelps. I feel listened to as a player whenever I ask for help or pitch a gimmick to this admin.
Sherrie, mostly. If you need a drink, I can do that.
DaydreamIQ
Byond Username: DaydreamIQ

Post by DaydreamIQ » #689699

Normally they're alright but they recently held an 'event' that removed tcomms from the round and called a deathsquad in when crew refused to participate in it.
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #689704

DaydreamIQ wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:19 am Normally they're alright but they recently held an 'event' that removed tcomms from the round and called a deathsquad in when crew refused to participate in it.
Did they inform the players about it in any way before the round started?
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #689712

DaydreamIQ wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:19 am Normally they're alright but they recently held an 'event' that removed tcomms from the round and called a deathsquad in when crew refused to participate in it.
It's worth noting that "refusing to participate" apparently constitutes "murdering the shit out of the inspector sent to the station".
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
cybersaber101
Byond Username: Cybersaber101

Post by cybersaber101 » #689736

Vekter wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:22 am
It's worth noting that "refusing to participate" apparently constitutes "murdering the shit out of the inspector sent to the station".
I think it's worth noting that in my opinion atleast that the bad actors in an event should be dealt with or talked to instead of killing ALL players on station(ala murder squads job), for players not involved in killing an inspector and beefing with CC the arrival of deathsquads appears more unexpected and appearing in their eyes as essentially stricken down for what someone else did.
The same poster, over and over and over and over and over and-
Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Post by Lacran » #689740

Not including the fact the crew murdered a CENTCOM official makes you come across really disingenuous.

Don't alter scenarios or omit things. If it's a legitimate issue that shouldn't be necessary.
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #689742

This is why generally we shouldn't use deathsquads to answer anything short of complete total collapse.
Sightld2
In-Game Admin

Post by Sightld2 » #689762

Firstly, I concede that that was largely a low effort event. However,

I hadn't expected such dramatic and immediate pushback to my attempt to genuinely provide an interesting challenge for a shift. When this happened, and the crew immediately escalated the (in my opinion) minor inconvenience into talk about raiding central, building a BSA to shoot central, calling for an inspector to take his shuttle. I thought then, "Alright then we'll make this short." In my opinion the violence towards the inspector was funny, and once again, provided an interesting challenge with the crew attempting to impersonate the inspector, take his genes, etc. Perhaps I could've let the round drag on longer, but I did not think that was desired, based on your OWN prayer Daydream: "Just end the round already." And the shuttle was already on its way. It already had been on its way for 15 minutes. I sent the Deathsquad as IC consequences to the ordeal after being convinced not to nuke by the other admins in ASAY. This did not lengthen or delay the round. This was not "punishing you for not participating." It was a part of the ending of the event.

Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #689766

Sightld2 wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:29 pm Firstly, I concede that that was largely a low effort event. However,

I hadn't expected such dramatic and immediate pushback to my attempt to genuinely provide an interesting challenge for a shift. When this happened, and the crew immediately escalated the (in my opinion) minor inconvenience into talk about raiding central, building a BSA to shoot central, calling for an inspector to take his shuttle. I thought then, "Alright then we'll make this short." In my opinion the violence towards the inspector was funny, and once again, provided an interesting challenge with the crew attempting to impersonate the inspector, take his genes, etc. Perhaps I could've let the round drag on longer, but I did not think that was desired, based on your OWN prayer Daydream: "Just end the round already." And the shuttle was already on its way. It already had been on its way for 15 minutes. I sent the Deathsquad as IC consequences to the ordeal after being convinced not to nuke by the other admins in ASAY. This did not lengthen or delay the round. This was not "punishing you for not participating." It was a part of the ending of the event.
While I do believe that's fair, telecomms being removed is not a minor inconvenience as it's absolutely important when you have critical information that needs to be passed down (hostile threats). Antagonists love to target tcomms to shut down communication so that even if they get caught, their victims can't scream for help or call out their location.
Sightld2
In-Game Admin

Post by Sightld2 » #689771

True enough. I'd just hoped that being forced to communicate via alternate means would make for an interesting round, and I'd have gladly given anyone who was effectively round-removed when they otherwise wouldn't have been with radio, a respawn or other means of still getting to play.

Sure antagonists would have an edge, but in my mind that's not a round ruining thing, and I've been in similar rounds myself where telecomms is bombed and takes an hour to repair. I think it can add an extra layer of paranoia and mystery.

CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #689796

I think Deathsquad'ing a station that has openly talked about rebellion and murdered an Official is incredibly based.
dessysalta
Byond Username: Dessysalta

Post by dessysalta » #692635

dessysalta wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:36 pm Very open-to-ideas and professional when dealing with ahelps. I feel listened to as a player whenever I ask for help or pitch a gimmick to this admin.
Need to boost this feedback again! I was honestly having the worst time of my life some months back on TG, I just couldn't enjoy it and it largely contributed as to why I took a break from SS13 in general, among other things. Recently (a few rounds ago), Sightld answered two of my prayers. I will go over them in detail.

1. "My lord, please help me rescue my comrade, who is trapped in the rocks of Hilbert's Hotel."
"I will, my disciple, but at a cost to him..."
* Teleports him out, then triple-crushes him with a vending machine and then aheals him LMAO. *

2. "My lord, all of this work will have been for naught if I have no cash to purchase the chef's whetstone, it was my reasoning for exploring space and getting the Hotel! I offer you my arm as tribute, and I will not mend its wounds!"
"Very well. Sever your arm."
"Yes, my lord."
* I do so. *
"Well done. The Holy Fax Machine in your office has delivered to you your payment."

Honestly, it's admins like Sight that keep me returning to the game. I have to put up with a lot of bullshit as a player, and I can't imagine how much admins do, too. People like Sight remind me that there's more than annoying as hell instagibs and IC issues, and at the time of writing has kept me from going bonkers (/neg) towards other players after something in-game aggravated me.

Thanks, Sightld2. You kick ass.
Sherrie, mostly. If you need a drink, I can do that.
DrAmazing343
Byond Username: DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #718790

Ran a great event riffing off of the Head of Security Acting Captain's wish to "simulate a Level 5 Biohazard event" and "test the crew's readiness."

I quite enjoyed a lot of it, even having to eat the cake-cat, and when the real blob was spawned after much to-do (because that's how dramatic irony works!) it was even funny to watch us all get FOLDED because of a genuinely spontaneous brain trauma Voice of God yelling STOP and stunning all the fighters.

This is one of many positive interactions I've had with Sight, and I can only say they're a great part of the admin team.
WALTER BRING BACK CRACK!!!
GooseDiscord
Byond Username: ShiftedAssassin

Post by GooseDiscord » #719959

Great admin, does anything to make everything fun for the crew, and is very helpful.