Kieth4

Tell the admins how you think they're doing.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Kieth4

Post by MrStonedOne » #670373

Please post any positive or negative feedback for the administrator here.
This is not the place to discuss ban appeals, admin complaints, or ban requests.
This is for specific feedback for this administrator.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Re: Kieth4

Post by Timberpoes » #670374

Tgstation's first ever non-admin headmin. Truly this is one of the timelines of all time.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #670375

I am very happy with how they're doing so far, and they have big boots to fill as the first player elected into headmin. Should probably stop telling me to merge more "cock-type" prs, that's unrelated to adminning
NamelessFairy
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: NamelessFairy

Post by NamelessFairy » #687814

Genuinely abysmal admin. Is draining my motivation to admin and contribute to the game whenever I've exposed to them. Impossible to have a reasonable discussion with them as they dodge important questions and try to escape whenever things are not going their way. Runs events which all boil down to "pray for something, get what you prayed for maybe" resulting in any round they get their hands on turning it a mess of antag loot and admin only things. Has demonstrated such an excessive degree of micromanaging other admins that I outright refuse to admin on the server alongside them as they turn what I normally consider an enjoyable experience into an miserable slog.
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #687816

NamelessFairy wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 11:07 pm Genuinely abysmal admin. Is draining my motivation to admin and contribute to the game whenever I've exposed to them. Impossible to have a reasonable discussion with them as they dodge important questions and try to escape whenever things are not going their way. Runs events which all boil down to "pray for something, get what you prayed for maybe" resulting in any round they get their hands on turning it a mess of antag loot and admin only things. Has demonstrated such an excessive degree of micromanaging other admins that I outright refuse to admin on the server alongside them as they turn what I normally consider an enjoyable experience into an miserable slog.
This is probably more on the level on an admin complaint
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #687865

the playervote headmin managing admin conduct closely sounds to me like fulfilling the reason the players voted for them. audit the audit and all that.

on a separate note, this is the only headmin I've seen take a "let's try and work this out" approach to notes/bans/policy. it's very interesting and seems to work quite well. talking things out like humans and reaching an agreement instead of arguing policy ceaselessly is an epic strategy and lukas is the first person I've seen do it successfully
Spoiler:
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #687870

Kieth4 was the player vote for a reason. He is a player-aligned headmin that strongly represents a core idea: That the admin team in their ivory tower have drifted so far away from the players that the players don't identify with the admin team as much as in the past.

He's bringing a different perspective to admin discussions and decisions. A genuine player's perspective. And it's something that has been missing from the admin team, a perspective so few admins genuinely get. He's in a position to make some positive player-focused changes this term. And maybe next term will come in and shit all over it and demand admins start noting and banning people 3 times as hard as before. But right now, he has a goal for the term and he's seeing it through. And admins entrenched in their views with inflexible approaches to administrating and the community are going to clash with him, because he was elected on a platform that wasn't status quo business as usual for the admin team.

That's not to say he's anti-admin. On numerous occasions he's been both a voice and a vote in efforts to also support the admin team. He's not opposed any QC bans we've placed so far, which I think shows he understands the admin perspective too and will support it where he thinks it makes sense to do so. So I think he's being fair and balanced overall.

He simply has different beliefs in placing notes, different beliefs in placing bans and in general is a voice for a different approach to player-admin interactions. And I think it's neat to have that set of views internally from someone we can't just ignore.

Internally he's active, eager and participating. He's more than pulling his weight in discussions and providing perspectives and insights the admin team aren't used to.

Personally, I have precisely zero issue with Kieth4's headministration.

The flexible will adapt as each new headmin term comes and goes. And the inflexible will either buckle or break under the weight of changes. I've changed so much in the past ~2.5 years of being an admin, and I'm always re-aligning my compass to adapt to changing times, goals and views.

But most importantly: He's already headmin. There's nothing we can do to stop him.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Chadley
Byond Username: Armodias

Post by Chadley » #687898

My interactions with Kieth have all been deeply enjoyable. While I don't primarily play on Terry, it's nice to know a member of our headmin team represents the best wishes of the player-base.

Furthermore every event I've done with him has been extremely enlightening. He encourages me to be unique and creative while being honest with me when he thinks an idea can be reworked, tweaked, or just cut from the event. He treats me like an adult when I run events rather than handholding which I've experienced from other members of the admin team.

In my attempts to balance this with critique, I genuinely couldn't find any. I'll edit this post after being on the business end of the bwoink about how Kieth writes notes to make players sweat and nothing else.

I'm glad he's on this headmin term. I hope he goes admin career rather than just this term.
► Show Spoiler
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #687900

NamelessFairy wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 11:07 pm Genuinely abysmal admin. Is draining my motivation to admin and contribute to the game whenever I've exposed to them. Impossible to have a reasonable discussion with them as they dodge important questions and try to escape whenever things are not going their way. Runs events which all boil down to "pray for something, get what you prayed for maybe" resulting in any round they get their hands on turning it a mess of antag loot and admin only things. Has demonstrated such an excessive degree of micromanaging other admins that I outright refuse to admin on the server alongside them as they turn what I normally consider an enjoyable experience into an miserable slog.
You're free to post the full arguments that were entirely circular and I made an attempt to move it to forums. I am not going to sit around saying the same arguments for 8hrs become it's a waste of my time. I tried to reply to every single point but when we reached an impass you threw a baby rage. This has happened a few times when arguing with you (at least 2) despite you actively ignoring the point I make and trying to reach so hard for random unrelated shit.

I ran 3 of the pray for anything events, maybe 4. But I've also attempted to run a variety of others, off the top my head;
Moth cow clown car driven by like, 4 moths.
Mushroom Mafia,
Dragon salescarp.
I also empowered someone to run an event via the event runner role.

I think we've been on the server together like 3 times, I wouldn't consider myself particularly micro managy either but if I disagree with a decision I'm going to try to lift it/chime in because that's the role of a headmin. I have hopefully said things that have empowered admins to ban people, even if those people are my friends, because it's for the good of the server.

You're free to post the specific situations that caused you to feel this way and I will respond to them. (I already know what they are but you should be the one to take them out here, with my full blessing ofc.)
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #687935

I haven't been in the server with him directly, but I've known Kieth for a while. While we don't always see eye to eye on a lot of game-matters, everything he says is always what he genuinely believes is for the best of the game.

And from a distance, it seems like he's sticking true to that. There's been a lot of good changes in policy this term. How often do you see a Headmin straight up creating the policy threads himself to create discussion? There's a level of eagerness here that's been sorely lacking for a long time. Whether you agree with his opinions or not, he's someone who wants what's best for the game, and is willing to put in the effort to try and achieve what he thinks that is, and that absolutely deserves to be commended.
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Post by Striders13 » #689932

this guy's done an incredible job so far. Contributes a ton to practically every discussion in adminbus, has level headed takes that I vibe with.
General Thrax
Byond Username: GeneralThrax

Post by General Thrax » #690064

I completely forgot the platform he ran on but he’s pretty cool, communicates, and most importantly, plays EU4 with us. The team had its concerns about a player headmin but he’s been mixing in nicely and hasn’t (yet) ushered in the dark age of tg we thought we’d have
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #691802

Active and fast to respond in admin-bus, I havent seen them take too many investigative ahelps but they seem level headed enough overall. Has the occasional bad take, but don’t we all?
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #694785

First player headmin. Is winging it, doing his best and, quite frankly, I can get by with his jam.

I disagree with some of his decisions and way of doing some things, but he's experimenting, which is something more admins sorely need to do.

I was on the bandwagon of not expecting much from Kieth Headmin 2023, but having a headmin that plays the game and interacts with the overrall community is really cool. My opinion changed and for the better.

Cool dude.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here.
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
AwkwardStereo
Byond Username: AwkwardStereo

Post by AwkwardStereo » #704684

h'ees gone bros :(((((
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Re: [No Longer Admin] Kieth4

Post by Cheshify » #704685

Kieth4's headmin term is up and he's chosen to retire.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #723942

Oh yeah Kieth is back as a headmin
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta