Github Username: Militaires

Re: Shadowlight213

Post by bman » #308811

NikNakFlak wrote:
bman wrote:
Armhulen wrote:
NikNakFlak wrote:That channel has no affiliation withImage
does not apply anymore

go say /tg/ in coderbus and 10 autists will jump to correct you that we're no longer even remotely /tg/ anymore
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #308822

A person explicitly identifying himself as a tgstation in-game admin on a server made up entirely of members of the tgstation community chose to make a show of himself griefing another member of the tgstation community due to previous grievances between the two of them.

I know NikNak is being an obtuse child because he has a personal stake in this but I honestly do not see how it's difficult to call this acceptable behavior. Call it stretching the rules but one of them outright states not to perform raids on other servers, especially whilst identifying yourself as a member of our community.
bman
Github User
Byond Username: Basilman

Post by bman » #308825

captain sawrge wrote: Call it stretching the rules but one of them outright states not to perform raids on other servers, especially whilst identifying yourself as a member of our community.

too bad he didnt raid another server
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #308848

I don't know too much about the sawrge & shadowlight drama but saying that it has nothing to with tgstation because the discord is unofficial is retarded and exactly what I expect from niknak. If someone is going to wear a big fat label that affiliated them with a server, they're inadvertently representative of that server. If you don't want that, ask for the tag to be removed. I can't see anyone having a problem not labelling you as such. If it came to light that an admin liked to torture animals and posted videos of it on websites under the name "SS13 Tgsation Server Admin : Blank" then its not just "oh well no ones going to draw that connection because we're unaffiliated with that website". Of course I'm not implying any admins do or have done that stuff, or that its even remotely exactly equal in gravity, BUT the parallels are there, if you have tgstation in game admin literally tied to your name, you're representing tgstation advertently or inadvertently. If admins want to wear their adminhood like a badge they need to be responsible for the image they carry.

Edit: I wanna stress that Niknak is unironically retarded
Last edited by Nilons on Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #308853

I don't want to get involved but I'd like to chime in that "hurr durr discord unoffishul" memes aside that doesn't really matter, as already said

you're representing yourself as a tgstation admin when you go in there because you outright have an "in game admin" label on you

ironic shitposting is still shitposting, etc.
Limey wrote:its too late.
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #308856

yeah ok if you slap "/tg/ admin" on yourself and fuck around with that hat on and then go haha! it doesn't matter!

you're an ass

I came in thinking "who cares, it's not admin related" but I think they have a point.
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
Karp
Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Post by Karp » #308858

oranges wrote:>be swarge
>claim my forum posts in the hut are not relevant to my administrating style
>drag up completely unrelated drama in someone elses admin thread
As much as i shouldn't post or get involved here for my sanity I have to say that shitposting on irrelevant places only antagonizes the shitposter as people will see them in a negative light whereas harassing a private irc community/channel antagonizes other people and harms them

I can see where sawrge is getting at with the whole "Raiding and harrassing other members of the community you dislike while in a position of importance/power is bad and portrays said ranks as temperamental children who have no responsibilities" but I dont know what he expected with his reputation as a shitposter and perceptions being polarizing around him

As coldturtle said if the opposite happened people would be at arms yelling for sawrges head

but i dont know context or any information about it so i cant judge either party and i dont know any relevant information and both sides are probably overplaying/underplaying it so uhh
Last edited by Karp on Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TheColdTurtle
Byond Username: TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #308862

Now just imagine the shitstorm if Sawrge was the one to do this. Imagine how mad some of these people would be. They would be calling for his head. But when someone else does it, it is A-OK
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #308873

Ok, now you get sawrge AND danno on this, rising the hypocrisy charts out of this world. Sawrge already spammed the forums while being a /tg/ admin. Danno that already griefed the same discord we are discussing here. So, if you are getting mad over this(I agree, this whole thing was stupid), please consider looking to yourselves before shitting on someone.
bman
Github User

Post by bman » #308875

lzimann wrote:(I agree, this whole thing was stupid)
Bingo.
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #308880

Alright well we're clearly not moving past the person airing their grievances and into the actual issue here so I'll just drop it and assume that this kind of behavior is fine so long as it doesn't actually disturb anyone in a real position to do anything about it.
danno

Post by danno » #308890

I've never griefed anything in my life
I don't even have a discord account
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #308920

I'm gonna collect all of swarges' posts in ntr hut with his In-Game-Admin tag and post them in his feedback thread now
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #308925

I would get offended for being called retarded by Nilons, but it's coming from Nilons. It's practically an inside joke in itself.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #308939

captain sawrge wrote:A person explicitly identifying himself as a tgstation in-game admin on a server made up entirely of members of the tgstation community chose to make a show of himself griefing another member of the tgstation community due to previous grievances between the two of them.
Oh so if it's a "server" and not forums it's suddenly okay to link it to their admin conduct?

Nice meme, all this shit is irrelevant and there's no chance it will be acted on
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #308954

PKPenguin321 wrote:
captain sawrge wrote:A person explicitly identifying himself as a tgstation in-game admin on a server made up entirely of members of the tgstation community chose to make a show of himself griefing another member of the tgstation community due to previous grievances between the two of them.
Oh so if it's a "server" and not forums it's suddenly okay to link it to their admin conduct?

Nice meme, all this shit is irrelevant and there's no chance it will be acted on
This was explicitly stated by the perpetrator to be an act of malice.

If I hadn't been the one to bring this up I'm sure the response would be different.
danno

Post by danno » #308955

equating this to hutposting is just being deliberately stupid
danno

Post by danno » #308961

like are you guys serious about this? Do you even think about what you're saying?

Is it the same thing for me to make a thread about things I've ate as it is to go around malevolently trying to fuck with people because you hate them

come on. None of this discussion has a real point but somehow you've still disappointed me.
bman
Github User

Post by bman » #308964

captain sawrge wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:

This was explicitly stated by the perpetrator to be an act of malice.

If I hadn't been the one to bring this up I'm sure the response would be different.
next time let me to do it for you
im serious

people have a negative disposition towards you and maybe me too (i assume less though) so

idk just a thought
Karp

Post by Karp » #308966

Karp wrote:
oranges wrote:>be swarge
>claim my forum posts in the hut are not relevant to my administrating style
>drag up completely unrelated drama in someone elses admin thread
As much as i shouldn't post or get involved here for my sanity I have to say that shitposting on irrelevant places only antagonizes the shitposter as people will see them in a negative light whereas harassing a private irc community/channel antagonizes other people and harms them

I can see where sawrge is getting at with the whole "Raiding and harrassing other members of the community you dislike while in a position of importance/power is bad and portrays said ranks as temperamental children who have no responsibilities" but I dont know what he expected with his reputation as a shitposter and perceptions being polarizing around him

As coldturtle said if the opposite happened people would be at arms yelling for sawrges head

but i dont know context or any information about it so i cant judge either party and i dont know any relevant information and both sides are probably overplaying/underplaying it so uhh
Karp wrote:As much as i shouldn't post or get involved here for my sanity I have to say that shitposting on irrelevant places only antagonizes the shitposter as people will see them in a negative light whereas harassing a private irc community/channel antagonizes other people and harms them
please see my last message I legitimately dont mean to be malicious or rude to anyone here but how shitposting in shitposting boards with friends=as bad as raiding someone's private IRC doesnt make sense

if you're to say that sawrge and danno shitposting is worse than raiding someone's private friendgroup I must be on crack or misunderstanding something

The only people sawrge and danno harm while shitposting are themselves, as people will see them as nothing but worthless shitposters. Raiding someones stupid friendgroup is far worse

shrugging this off as just sawrge is a hilariously weak argument

Unless i'm going senile people have been perma'd for raiding vore on /tg/ and /vg/ and admins are generally held to a higher standard than the playerbase they manage

though i'm playing devil's advocate here for sawrge and danno as like i said I dont know the full story and everyone ignores any facts to brush it off with "Lol sawrge shitposts who cares" or "not an argument" it's important to get all of the facts in the circumstance regardless of who raises an issue/complaint about it
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #308968

if I say I'm going to ddos tgstation on ntr hut, it doesn't get me permabanned Karp and neither does it if I say it in irc or anyone of the tg related discords
danno

Post by danno » #308969

that's not analogous to this situation.
TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #308978

That doesn't make sense at all Oranges
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #308981

PKPenguin321 wrote:

you don't need to make "actionable" complaints

it's perfectly valid to take issue with someone's actions and express that and know that there won't be some kind of consequences from a headmin, or whatever
Limey wrote:its too late.
Karp

Post by Karp » #308982

Karp wrote:Unless i'm going senile people have been perma'd for raiding vore on /tg/ and /vg/ and admins are generally held to a higher standard than the playerbase they manage
Karp wrote:I legitimately dont mean to be malicious or rude to anyone here but how shitposting in shitposting boards with friends=as bad as raiding someone's private IRC doesnt make sense
Karp wrote:shrugging this off as just sawrge is a hilariously weak argument
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #308987

Karp wrote:
Karp wrote:Unless i'm going senile people have been perma'd for raiding vore on /tg/ and /vg/ and admins are generally held to a higher standard than the playerbase they manage
Karp wrote:I legitimately dont mean to be malicious or rude to anyone here but how shitposting in shitposting boards with friends=as bad as raiding someone's private IRC doesnt make sense
Karp wrote:shrugging this off as just sawrge is a hilariously weak argument
You made the mistake of joining the discussion
bman
Github User

Post by bman » #308988

to be fair sawrge this isnt completely because people are biased against you.

remember when shaps called sligneris a mouthbreathing retard on irc and then kicked banned them out for a simple question? slig complained against them.

was shaps being a dick? perhaps. but people still said "things outside tg dont matter" then, and they're saying the same thing now. the reason i didnt straight up give you the thread where this happens is because it's one of these
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #308989

bman wrote:to be fair sawrge this isnt completely because people are biased against you.

remember when shaps called sligneris a mouthbreathing retard on irc and then kicked banned them out for a simple question? slig complained against them.

was shaps being a dick? perhaps. but people still said "things outside tg dont matter" then, and they're saying the same thing now. the reason i didnt straight up give you the thread where this happens is because it's one of these
There's a difference between moderating your own channel outside the community and outright griefing another community member's channel out of spite.
bman
Github User

Post by bman » #308991

captain sawrge wrote:
bman wrote:to be fair sawrge this isnt completely because people are biased against you.

There's a difference between moderating your own channel outside the community and outright griefing another community member's channel out of spite.
the channel was lorebus, which is kind of related to tg, and while you can argue that by moderating you mean any ban/kick action i'd say that what they did was just being a dick, and not remove them under a specific guideline/rule.
TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #308993

XXX bus is not related to TG station, if it was it would be on the irc list
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #309007

oranges wrote:if I say I'm going to ddos tgstation on ntr hut, it doesn't get me permabanned Karp and neither does it if I say it in irc or anyone of the tg related discords
oops that was meant to say baystation, not tgstation
Shadowlight213
Byond Username: Shadowlight213
Github Username: Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #309310

Ugh. I was going to stay out of this, but then sawrge posted a blatant lie, so I figured, why not correct them.
captain sawrge wrote: Shadowlight also said he was just testing it, in spite of leaving the bot in there for half an hour before taking it down.
Saying it was for half an hour is a lie. It was there for about 3 minutes. I was waiting to see if anyone would say anything. No one did, so I was assuming that the android role did not have speaking permissions outside of bot containment (at the time, I did not have access to actually see what the permissions were). Since I didn't want to actually spam up the channel beyond a short meme, I killed the bot while I looked into if it was broken or not. I can totally see the malice in deactivating the bot in case it was working, but being only one way so people in the irc channel might be unable to tell me to stop.

Proof in the first spoiler tag if anyone cares
Spoiler:
Let's point out the inconsistencies in your picture.

Note the underlined lines. That's the first and last posts submitted by the bot

Now, Let's look at the discord side of that moment. I have two pictures, to better highlight the beginning and end time of the sequence.

Note that the first line transmitted was at 23:18 pm in sawrge's picture. On mine it's at 8:18 pm, so we can show that the minutes line up.
If you look at the times on my picture, there's a post before and after that were not transmitted. Taking the time differential, and assuming that it was there at the start of 18, it's 3, not 30 minutes.

Spoiler:
captain sawrge wrote:Image
He then tries to pretend he only sent one message:
I only sent one message in the second part. I thought that the first time didn't work. The bot didn't send any replies, nor did anyone in the channel say anything about it at all.
My first indication that it had actually worked, was Skylar mentioning to me that the bot got banned.

Followed by seeing a different ping of sawrge calling me a queer in another channel.
captain sawrge wrote:Here is where he just says outright he did it to spite someone over old drama, just for posterity:
Ok. Yeah, I probably worded that poorly. Kevinz and I had been shitposting to each other about a week ago about them, and I had that fresh in my mind. To translate it better, my reasoning was "What channel could I put it in, that would be amusing, and I have no real intention of returning to, so if the bot got banned, oh well."
Less malice, and more I really just didn't care. I thought it would be funny to do it for a second or so

Oh, before I forget. That post was made in a channel called #saltmining. Basically a shed channel.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #309320

Why? because fuck sawrge
danno

Post by danno » #309321

I probably worded that poorly
come on dude, who are you trying to fool

why are you such spiteful little children

just cool it.
danno

Post by danno » #309323

christ, so much shit over a bunch of kindergartners hurling lego bricks around and spitting at each other

I'm supposed to be the immature retard around here, but looking at you all makes me sick
bman
Github User

Post by bman » #309326

danno wrote:christ, so much shit over a bunch of kindergartners hurling lego bricks around and spitting at each other

I'm supposed to be the immature retard around here, but looking at you all makes me sick
>danno calling us immature
Spoiler:
danno

Post by danno » #309327

Are you implying that I'm wrong?
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #309329

danno wrote:Are you implying that I'm wrong?
you were wrong about AT LEAST one thing at some point
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

bman
Github User

Post by bman » #309330

danno wrote:Are you implying that I'm wrong?
>danno implying they're right
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #309331

This whole thing is embarrassing and the best course of action would be dropping it now