NikNakFlak

Tell the admins how you think they're doing.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

NikNakFlak

Post by MrStonedOne » #11476

Please post any positive or negative feedback for the administrator here.
This is not the place to discuss ban appeals, admin complaints, or ban requests.
This is for specific feedback for this administrator.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Re: NikNakFlak

Post by paprika » #11478

Is he a trialmin now or something
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Jordie0608
Site Admin
Byond Username: Jordie0608
Github Username: Jordie0608

Post by Jordie0608 » #11480

Yes
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #11482

Rip artyom
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
WeeYakk
Byond Username: Yakk

Post by WeeYakk » #11502

I hope he is as good at admining as he is at brown-nosing and being overbearing with his forum mod powers.
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #11587

Oh man I'm gonna have to muster up the effort to write up a post now.
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
WeeYakk

Post by WeeYakk » #13307

Subtle messaged me and spawned a ball gag to try and make me ERP a player controlled corgi puppy while a midi of careless whisper played.

Yuuuuup.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #13312

[18:09:23]ADMIN: SubtlePM: NikNakflak -> WeeYakk : Only you and the corgi puppy can hear it...Its your moment
Somehow implies erp. Some actual feedback would be great.
Jeb
Byond Username: Stapler2025

Post by Jeb » #13322

I think the ball gag and careless whisper would imply ERP.
Guy that made a thing that got put on the homepage of /tg/station13
Defeated in the Great Purge of 2014
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Johnson Fitzwell asks, "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?"
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #13366

Some actual feedback woukd be great
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #13367

NikNakFlak wrote:Some actual feedback woukd be great
Ok.

Work on proof-reading your forum posts.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
WeeYakk

Post by WeeYakk » #13411

NikNakFlak wrote:Some actual feedback woukd be great
Damage control.
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #13428

here's some actual feedback: dont encourage people to fuck dogs
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #13432

Play midi, spawn ball gag. I'm not sure how this translates into full blown bestiality but I'll keep that in mind for the future. As for spelling errors: Phone. It's really hard to type perfectly on an android phone. I'm not even sure people where that offense by the gag and midi came from since only two people could hear it. I did that, and then got whisked to sybil handling the swarm of ahelps that exists there. Sorry.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #13435

Why would you guys make him apologize for something genuinely funny. ERP is allowed on the server specifically to allow for hilarious moments like this.

I was kidding about the spelling. You just typoed in your desperation for legitimate feedback.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
miggles

Post by miggles » #13437

erp is only allowed with consent from both parties
an admin trying to coax people into erp with anyone, especially a dog, joke or not, isnt really OK
saying "it was just a joke, its ok" is a reaaaally bad start for a slippery slope argument that we do not want
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #13440

I dont see how I was coaxing. A midi and a gag is a bullshit stretch towards erp encouragment. Anyone saying I was attempting to solicate erp with a 2D animal is wrong. I voted for erp off the server. A harmless midi and gag is hardly worth my time to fret over. Anyone is free to think what they want, Im going to worry about actual feedback and not about whining over a harmless joke. Call it what you will, but calling it erp or bestiality encouragment is just stupid.
KingLouisXIV
Byond Username: KingLouisXIV

Post by KingLouisXIV » #13445

In the time I've been playing/working alongside NikNakFlak, he's acted nothing short of level-headed, fair, knowledgeable about the game and just an overall good guy. I think his promotion from Observer to Trialmin is very well deserved, considering the amount of time I've actually seen him in the community and helping it in one way or another.

I think Yakk's (and subsequently, the bandwagon following after him) reaction is a bit blown out of proportion. It's a game, it was meant in humor and not gross at all. Do you honestly expect his actions to relay, "Start emoting sexually with the dog that's in front of you"? NikNak isn't that kind of person, hands down.

Seriously, just chill out you nerds. This doesn't hold a candle anywhere close to what some other admins have done and gotten away with in the past.
miggles

Post by miggles » #13460

like i said it doesnt matter if its a joke or whatever, using players as the butt of your jokes isn't a very good sign of quality adminship for one, and making them uncomfortable is a sign of horrible adminship for two. im pretty sure its frowned upon to mess with players specifically and if they ask you to stop, you should. affecting rounds as a whole is different because not everyone is going to like it or hate it.
saying "other admins have gotten away with worse" isnt really a sound argument because all it really means is that the administration isnt administrated enough itself, and thats a bad thing.
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #13462

i'm a terrible badmin and i'm afraid nik will call me on it.
because they are actually pretty professional.
I play Boris Pepper.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #13471

I fully believe that if someone other than NNF had done that people would be talking about how funny it was.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
miggles

Post by miggles » #13481

#endnakism2014

but nah even if it was you i would think it was bad
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #13487

Pandarsenic wrote:I fully believe that if someone other than NNF had done that people would be talking about how funny it was.
If Jmod did it we'd never hear the end of how LOL FANNY it is.

Niknak is doing fine so far, he balances being on both the servers and does it well, the only thing I could ever worry about would be his potential temper that I've rarely seen.
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.
WeeYakk

Post by WeeYakk » #13565

KingLouisXIV wrote:I think Yakk's (and subsequently, the bandwagon following after him) reaction is a bit blown out of proportion. It's a game, it was meant in humor and not gross at all. Do you honestly expect his actions to relay, "Start emoting sexually with the dog that's in front of you"? NikNak isn't that kind of person, hands down.

It has happened before. Please do not be a dogfucker apologist. Especially when it interrupts actual arr pee happening.
KingLouisXIV
Byond Username: KingLouisXIV

Post by KingLouisXIV » #13566

WeeYakk wrote:
KingLouisXIV wrote:I think Yakk's (and subsequently, the bandwagon following after him) reaction is a bit blown out of proportion. It's a game, it was meant in humor and not gross at all. Do you honestly expect his actions to relay, "Start emoting sexually with the dog that's in front of you"? NikNak isn't that kind of person, hands down.
It has happened before. Please do not be a dogfucker apologist. Especially when it interrupts actual arr pee happening.
But that's not you.

I also just expect a little bit more humor out of you considering you spent how many months playing on the 4CHAN PARTYVAN? Come on, Yakk.
WeeYakk

Post by WeeYakk » #13582

KingLouisXIV wrote:
WeeYakk wrote:
But that's not you.

I also just expect a little bit more humor out of you considering you spent how many months playing on the 4CHAN PARTYVAN? Come on, Yakk.
Okay then, he's not spamming max volume midis enough and won't let me flood the chat with DOGMOBILE DOGMOBILE DOGMOBILE DOGMOBILE DOGMOBILE enough. I don't expect the same experience between here and partyvan.
miggles

Post by miggles » #13654

"That's not you"
Oh
Oh ok
so if an admin does a shit thing, but not specifically to the person complaining, it doesn't matter
Oh ok
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #13671

i'm literally so upset gadd got banned by niknakflak it's unreal.
I play Boris Pepper.
iteq

Post by iteq » #14881

terrible trialmin, sits on artyom and encourages validhunting while handing out bans that are WAY too long
Spoiler:
Aaron Laborde says, "YOU'RE TYPING LIKE YOU HAVE A BRISTH ACCENT BUT YOURE JUST A SAD VIRGIN"

OOC: TheBibleMelts: the only time i was repulsed by erp was when i saw lindsay donk and dawgas roleplaying out a piss-childplay fantasy

-- Administrator private message --
Admin PM from-Antonkr: You are a nigger lover.
Click on the administrator's name to reply.

OOC: Paprka: boy does talking shit get me horny
OOC: Sawrge: i am getting admin vote and iteq is getting player vote
(F) DEAD: Leo Bonhart says, "luck the only known tg player to trigger someones ptsd and cause a mental breakdown"
Word count of substantiative content of ban appeal: 87
Word count of shitpost copypasta: 195
OOC: Dannno: i fucking hate you stupid piece of shit iteq you fucking idiot one day im going to fucking ban you and you'll be gone for good faggot fuck you
danno

Post by danno » #14883

validhunting is turrrrible but he's a pretty big validhunter himself, always pushing for execution whenever I saw him in security
Higgin
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Higgin

Post by Higgin » #14884

Cool guy, all faults considered, and active.
Keep him unless he does something deliberately shitty because otherwise he's been good.
feedback appreciated here <3
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #14886

I actually discussed your ban over adminbus Iteq, and I was told to make your secban permanent.
iteq

Post by iteq » #14894

l o l you must've been talking to some pretty shitty admins considering i've never had a secban before
Spoiler:
Aaron Laborde says, "YOU'RE TYPING LIKE YOU HAVE A BRISTH ACCENT BUT YOURE JUST A SAD VIRGIN"

OOC: TheBibleMelts: the only time i was repulsed by erp was when i saw lindsay donk and dawgas roleplaying out a piss-childplay fantasy

(F) DEAD: Leo Bonhart says, "luck the only known tg player to trigger someones ptsd and cause a mental breakdown"
OOC: Dannno: i fucking hate you stupid piece of shit iteq you fucking idiot one day im going to fucking ban you and you'll be gone for good faggot fuck you
Brotemis
Byond Username: Brotemis

Post by Brotemis » #14945

iteq wrote:terrible trialmin, sits on artyom and encourages validhunting while handing out bans that are WAY too long
Funny, I don't see your appeal.
Mandurrrh

Post by Mandurrrh » #15159

iteq wrote:terrible trialmin, sits on artyom and encourages validhunting while handing out bans that are WAY too long
The past two days on artyom with Luck and Kato grudge has been a shit show. Every round was about 'Kato did something that made Luck or one of Lucks friends mad(rightfully so Im sure) followed by Luck and friends dropping all game play to grief Kato then publicly proclaiming his metagrudge and plans to continue ganging up on Kato every round until he quits the server' Oh there were antags and an actual event going on that round? Sorry no one noticed because we were all too busy watching the pissing match every single round. If Kato flashed someone there was Luck and a group behind them to either kill or humiliate him. Both parties really pushing it with crossing the line. In my opinion seeing Luck do several things to Kato while observing unprovoked such as setting Kato to arrest as soon as he joined the round, taking Katos mmi after being deconstructed as an emagged borg and destroying it, going in groups of 4 or 5 players having one yell 'KATO DID SOMETHING' then all of them attacking him at once(The AI ignoring the group beating/murder and the naked dead body they put on display for an entire round), and of course stating blatantly in ic, ooc, and deadchat that he planned to continue this behavior until he got Kato to quit server Iteq should have been banned at the start of this. He recieved a week jobban and continued with the behavior but decided he was going to attack niknak now too. So now not only was he contributing to every round being a headache for players/admins, breaking rules and doing ban worthy things ic, publicly flaunting his plans for Kato/Metagrudge, but he started ranting in ic and ooc that Niknak was playing favorites and metafriending Kato. With all thats going on and how both parties are handling this grudge I think any feedback from them at this time should be taken with a grain of salt until things calm down. I think Luck is mad at Kato right now and frustrated with him. Niknaks ban seemed fair but if Luck is still mad he's not going to see it that way. I think Iteq will feel better/be less upset after things cool off or die down. So this is where the feedback comes in...

Despite Luck trashing him in deadchat and ooc Niknak did not respond and argue with him. He continued to play without it affecting him in game or ooc. This is a huge huge plus as an admin. Ive seen many admins feed into angry players ranting and ending up in a ooc battle with them acting like angry teens rather than behaving like an admin should by being the bigger person.
Niknak has not been the sole admin on for all the Luck/Kato drama over the past few days but he's been the only one Luck has harassed or tried to humiliate.
When things were still spiraling last night and again the whosthebadguy adminhelps came in at end of round for Kato and Lucks group Niknak took the time to talk to everyone he could, read through the logs, and even delayed round end to be sure before placing a ban on Kato(So much for Lucks accusations of favoritism). I know all of us can appreciate an admin that takes that much time to make sure they are getting as much fact about a situation to be sure to be fair to everyone involved.

I think Niknaks shown hes level headed, fair, and taking admin seriously. Ive even adminhelped when initially pissed off with something in game and he's told me straight up Im overreacting and ten minutes later he was right I didn't really care.
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #15162

Of course. It is know that the inaction = PR goodness.
god forbid if he does something that is actually considered admining then get your pitchforks and your torches because we got a lynchin' to be a part of.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Brotemis

Post by Brotemis » #15174

If that's real, Mandurr, make a ban request with days and general times and I'll pull logs. If what you said is true, none of those participating need to be around here and would be the single reason why Artyom is sybil 2 2.0 because of metagangs.

Besides the point of the feedback thread but that's a pretty serious accusation.
Mandurrrh

Post by Mandurrrh » #15175

Brotemis wrote:If that's real, Mandurr, make a ban request with days and general times and I'll pull logs. If what you said is true, none of those participating need to be around here and would be the single reason why Artyom is sybil 2 2.0 because of metagangs.

Besides the point of the feedback thread but that's a pretty serious accusation.
I wouldn't say Luck has a set metagang just that he gathered people together well for a lynch mob(Kato helped because he was greytiding and pissing people off). And I really just brought up whats going on with Luck/Kato because 1) Luck was leaving negative comments that were biased and didn't have any actual feedback(Also being negative towards niknak in deadchat/ooc) 2) I observe a lot and watched how Niknak handled it and thought the example would really show how Niknaks admin skills/attitude were from a third party view. I honestly feel bad for the admins on this one because with the grief and fights its really one persons word against the others(or other 4-5)

I really don't feel like its my place to post a FNR and I definitely don't want Iteq/Luck coming after me for it. I have enough trouble trying to lay low and enjoy my spessmens.
iteq

Post by iteq » #15176

mandurrh all the examples you've given of me fucking with kato have literally zero context behind them
Spoiler:
also it's nice how you leave out how much of a shitter kato has been in general, rampantly killbaiting and metagrudging people
Spoiler:

danno

Post by danno » #15177

this is pretty woefully offtopic but yeah kato is a complete shitter.
Mandurrrh

Post by Mandurrrh » #15179

iteq wrote:mandurrh all the examples you've given of me fucking with kato have literally zero context behind them
Spoiler:
also it's nice how you leave out how much of a shitter kato has been in general, rampantly killbaiting and metagrudging people
I didn't though. I said he's instigating it and that he was greytiding/pissing people off. Also everything I said I literally observed. And I even spoke to you about it. And I don't know how you can state boldly in dead chat that you planned to gang up and come after him every round until he quit the server then come here and say Im making it up. Its not my intentions to 'attack' you or Kato. I just want it to die down and play some spessmens. Anyways the point was I think you were just upset from the fighting with Kato and took it out on Niknak when he actually was really fair and almost too nice going out of his way to be as sure as possible. I only bring it up because it was something NikNak handled and wanted to offer him feedback on it from my pov.

Also Dannno its relevant because NikNak was involved in the situation as an admin and handled it well. So its positive feedback.
Brotemis

Post by Brotemis » #16133

Back on topic, Niknak has a very good eye for reading logs and connecting dots when it comes to using the online database, He's helped SOS identify potential problems before they even appear.

Which makes everyone else's job easier. Keep up the good work.
ike709
Byond Username: Ike709

Post by ike709 » #16222

11/10 That spessbaby thing in the thunderdome. You know what I'm talking about NikNak. You are best admun ever.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #16501

Actually legitimately impressed, new favorite trialmin. Niknak should have been trialmin a lot sooner because he's the hero artyom needs.
Swagile
Byond Username: Swagile

Post by Swagile » #16502

Did a great meteor event based on real GBS.

+1

/tg/ station github 420 issues
Raven776
Byond Username: Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #19300

Pretty much always funny to be in a game with. One time he hopped in as my characters conscience as I ran around as an antag. That's the kind of stuff that makes or breaks the game.
ike709
Byond Username: Ike709

Post by ike709 » #20563

Murderboned everyone while we were exploring the brand new away mission Moon Outpost 19. First round with it ever. Even for a tator thats just a shitler thing. No longer favmin. Still a good admin though.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #20571

In retrospect, it was a great scenario. Blowing up the gateway, stranding anyone who came through and then picking them off one by one with an axe. I then wiped out the hive except for the queen. The battle with the queen was ended mid-fight by roundend. Sorry for the murderbone on the new away mission, but the scenario was cool.
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #20642

You should've blew the gate, then begin seeding superstition into the mind of the stranded crewman in the form of awhispers and antag objectives that would be like "Trust nobody, to ensure your survival you must kill anyone you think as a threat.". Then, as the seeds of dissent are planted in EVERYONE, watch as they slowly kill eachother off in petty squabbles, the last one alive would be told that he would be allowed to come on station and as he does you give a centcomm announcement that he murdered the whole party in the away mission and he's a dangerous war criminal that must be apprehended at all costs.

You had one job CJ.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #22607

AYY
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.