Atlanta-Ned

Tell the admins how you think they're doing.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Atlanta-Ned

Post by oranges » #288853

Bottom post of the previous page:

assuming bawhoppen to be massively austistic would be a safe bet
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #299054

Completely unrealistic on when it's acceptable to kill other players, as seen with his opinions in https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 33&t=11364, and in game when answering adminhelps. Greentexted for brevity

>traitor red lizard Chaplain
>breaks into hydroponics with his armblade
>responds to barehanded actions with repeated stabbing using his armblade
>cuts off my leg
>cuts off BOTH of the other botanist's legs
>gets taken down

>red lizard Miner grabs his body
>is completely determined to clone the murderous traitor because "he's a red lizard too"
>without even calling security
>won't listen to reason
>won't stop babysitting the cloner
>atlanta-ned says taking him out to prevent the traitor from being cloned is unacceptable

The red lizard miner was revealed to be Bandit so maybe there is just admin nepotism going on.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #299057

Curious to see logs of the PMs involved in that
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #299081

I was the miner. I did not see the armblade shit (because I was mining) or really pay all that much attention to the radio (because I was mining). All I saw was getting back to the station and seeing a dead lizard being dragged around and looted by a guy in cargo and when I asked for an explanation was told (paraphrasing) "just let me loot him." So I took him to cloning. Then:

A) For the amount of information in play you could well have been totally full of shit and trying to get your target killed. Just because you say something and you yourself know it is true does not mean that everyone else magically knows it is true.
B) There is no rule and never will be any rule saying that people must comply 100% with dunking all potential antags at all times. I'm a miner, I'm not the head of security. I didn't attack you, in fact I even helped you when the AI was going apeshit. Beyond that, god forbid I try to get someone cloned. God forbid there be any interaction in this game other than MUST FIND AND DUNK TRAITORS AT ALL TIMES.

As for "admin nepotism" my sole contributions to this were "I can't take this ahelp, I'm the other lizard" and "I don't give a shit if I get killed" so not sure what's going on there. (And before you also mention "metafriending" I have no idea who this guy is and stopped helping him once he decided to be an utter cunt about it.)
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #299083

You being in the right for trying to clone the guy is actually a separate question than whether they would be in the right for killing you to prevent it. Both of you can be right as far as the rules go and still on opposing sides of an issue.
God forbid there be any interaction in this game other than MUST FIND AND DUNK TRAITORS AT ALL TIMES.
Please don't start with that shit, it's not valid hunting or even remotely bad behaviour to kill someone who is breaking into places and lopping limbs off.
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #299084

You walked by the botanist with no legs and I only had one leg and the corpse had an armblade so I feel like that tells a story there

I'm not criticizing your behavior actually, it's just the idea that I shouldn't be allowed to stop you is a ridiculous ruling
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #299101

You walked by the botanist with no legs and I only had one leg and the corpse had an armblade so I feel like that tells a story there

I'm not criticizing your behavior actually, it's just the idea that I shouldn't be allowed to stop you is a ridiculous ruling
I didn't notice an armblade on the corpse or your legs. I know that's going to sound like bullshit but I honestly didn't. I don't pay much attention to sprites especially since the scaling change made everything look like garbage. As for the ruling, I agree, but as someone involved I couldn't be the "second opinion" ou wanted.
Please don't start with that shit, it's not valid hunting or even remotely bad behaviour to kill someone who is breaking into places and lopping limbs off.
I didn't say it was. But I also don't feel it's bad behavior to see a dead guy and err on the side of getting him cloned.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
bman
Github User
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Post by bman » #299130

bandit wrote:
the scaling change made everything look like garbage.
GO TO THE ICONS SETTINGS TAB AND SET SCALING MODE TO POINT SAMPLING YOU FUCKS.
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #299209

Except it resets itself every time you reconnect to the game
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #304555

Where's my fukken hat ned
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #316969

Recently handled an A-help for me, did so in a sloppy manner over the usage of toys and a text book example of Shitcurity. If this wouldn't be the second time I had a negative session with Alanta-Ned I'd say he was decent.

Would not and never will vote him for Headmin until a noticeable change in behavior.
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
Hathkar
Byond Username: Hathkar

Post by Hathkar » #330727

Tried sending an ahelp today (Round 75272 - ~6:10 PM EST) about the captain and an engineer seeing me be chased and killed outside the AI satellite by a ling wearing the space suit and armblade powers. The captain and engi don't even shoot at or even look at the ling while this is happening. The response I get from Ned is "RIP Rule 10". That's fair enough I suppose, but later in the round this same captain kills someone who helped take down a double e-sword traitor. I relay this information, Ned says "Ok". I ask "Okay, you'll look into it, or Okay, you'll ignore it?" and get the response "The latter. We don't generally respond to ahelps from 3rd parties".

Considering I've also heard similar complaints about Ned from someone else, I thought I should bring this to attention.
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #330733

Hathkar wrote:Tried sending an ahelp today (Round 75272 - ~6:10 PM EST) about the captain and an engineer seeing me be chased and killed outside the AI satellite by a ling wearing the space suit and armblade powers. The captain and engi don't even shoot at or even look at the ling while this is happening. The response I get from Ned is "RIP Rule 10". That's fair enough I suppose, but later in the round this same captain kills someone who helped take down a double e-sword traitor. I relay this information, Ned says "Ok". I ask "Okay, you'll look into it, or Okay, you'll ignore it?" and get the response "The latter. We don't generally respond to ahelps from 3rd parties".

Considering I've also heard similar complaints about Ned from someone else, I thought I should bring this to attention.
We don't get involved in a situation unless asked to by one of the involved parties. That's always been the way we handle things.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
Hathkar

Post by Hathkar » #349323

I ahelped about an issue, asked if it would be looked into. "*shrug"*. Asked again, was told to tell a headmin, since it "It's not my place to do anything about them. Take it up with the headmins".
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #349329

Hathkar wrote:I ahelped about an issue, asked if it would be looked into. "*shrug"*. Asked again, was told to tell a headmin, since it "It's not my place to do anything about them. Take it up with the headmins".

As I told you in-game, 1) we are aware of it and 2) I cannot handle it.
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
Hathkar

Post by Hathkar » #349330

It's more the fact I had to pester you for more of an answer than *shrug*. You didn't say you'd forward it to the headmins, you passed the buck to me to do it, instead of doing any actual adminning, from my perspective.
jcll
Byond Username: Jcll
Github Username: jcll

Post by jcll » #391840

Is a nice admin and works hard. Showed me a lot during my training!
zaracka
Byond Username: Zaracka

Post by zaracka » #405966

I ahelped asking for a Newscaster on the Lavaland Syndicate base. He put plenty in interesting spots around the bar etc. and even went as far as to make it IC by announcing the addition on the Syndicate channel as "Important Leader Person." Got more than I asked for, muh immersion wasn't ruined, and it was kind of funny. This was great considering the AI and it's borgs were under the Reportertron lawset. Turns out the mime had his own feed channel too.
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #405977

zaracka wrote:I ahelped asking for a Newscaster on the Lavaland Syndicate base. He put plenty in interesting spots around the bar etc. and even went as far as to make it IC by announcing the addition on the Syndicate channel as "Important Leader Person." Got more than I asked for, muh immersion wasn't ruined, and it was kind of funny. This was great considering the AI and it's borgs were under the Reportertron lawset. Turns out the mime had his own feed channel too.
I literally alt-tabbed back into the game when I heard your ahelp and just spawned the newscaster. Whatever happened after that was done by another, better admin.
Zarniwoop
Byond Username: Dagum

Post by Zarniwoop » #443724

I ahelped to ask for clarification about the validity of somethin. Makes a snarky remark and closes it immediately, then bwoinks me five minutes later to bitch and moan that I ahelped at all. Like, really, I was asking if something was valid and this dude gets so salty over it he ruminates for 5 minutes before bwoinking me just to tell me his opinion on me personally. Make this dude take a nap or somethin, Christ.
subject217
Github User
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Post by subject217 » #443887

you asked if it was valid when you got killed for using a smoke machine to spread fly mutation toxin, you're ban baiting and you got what you deserved lol
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #468336

Refused to give me a really simple trade, saying it was bad.

I rolled it the next round.

It was bad.
Spoiler:
This was a close one, you were almost on page two there.
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #468338

Nabski wrote:Refused to give me a really simple trade, saying it was bad.

I rolled it the next round.

It was bad.
Spoiler:
This was a close one, you were almost on page two there.
Atlanta-Ned, right as always!
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #472872

he sweems vewwy nwice when i swee him wand he is always vvewy funny xD!!!!!!
(we should hang sometime on steam if u want lol >////<)
Gigapuddi420
Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #474424

Showed me how to search the statbus for rounds with their own newscaster stories. As someone who frequently uses that feature what more can be said. The statbus is great.
Imperfect catgirl playing a imperfect game.
Vile Beggar
Byond Username: Vile Beggar

Post by Vile Beggar » #475254

just plain perfect
Spoiler:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImage
Isy232
Byond Username: Isy232

Post by Isy232 » #475531

Acknowledged the effort I put into making an appeal to prove my intent and why I thought I wasn't breaking the rules at the time.

+1

Appeal mentioned:
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 28#p475528
I did big goof and thank Dinkle for his mercy in only giving me a 1 day ban for this incident.
Image of all of the deaths thanks to Imsxz

bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #491257

good admin nice guy, lets me rant to him and we talk shop

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
angelstarri
Byond Username: Angelstarri

Post by angelstarri » #546767

first post of 2020 get

Code: Select all

I strongly suspected the borgs were one humaned by the Captain because of their increasingly strange behavior throughout the round after the Captain had entered their upload and seemingly changed the laws. I had asked twice if I could blow the borgs to no response (because there was no admin online apparently). They were constantly complimenting the Captain and calling her pretty and essentially threatening people who called the Captain ugly - Pepper Oni.
Domitius
Byond Username: Domitius
Github Username: DomitiusKnack

Post by Domitius » #578140

Absolutely wonderful admin who has done a butt ton of work on our backend that a lot of people may not see in the normal day-to-day operation of the server. Thank you so much!
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #626697

hasnt been reviewed in almost 2 years, cool dude(I think)
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #626725

Yo how tf has nobody commented more recently on how useful all the Atlanta-Ned tools are
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #626735

okay fine geez i'll fix statbus forum auth
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #626763

oh i didn't know anything was broken, I just meant the stuff like recording all the ahelp tickets and making them publishable
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #646295

The end of a tgstation institution.

Atlanta-nerd has retired to take a well-earned break.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #688545

Ned returns in Game Master form.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
NamelessFairy
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: NamelessFairy

Post by NamelessFairy » #689992

They're back! They made statbus and that's enough to call them an amazing asset to the admin team. Bad taste in charts, average admin coverage was displayed using a net chart and this causes so much suffering (but I still prefer bad charts over no charts so keep up the good work on bringing statbus back up!)
dessysalta
Byond Username: Dessysalta

Post by dessysalta » #692700

I should probably get more time around this admin before I submit this feedback, but it was really detrimental to my round and so I'd like to put it here, even if I revise it later:

I was spotted as a changeling (a very outwardly non-combative one, I'm on Manuel at this time), and I fired one shot after having been stuck in the gear room of sec (a few mimes and I broke in, it was an overflow round). I danced around security and made no motion to attack (even with my tools like shield/sword out) for a good 90 seconds. Dexter Grif decides to execute me, I have no recourse in this and I am shuttlegibbed--even if I totally could have melted my chains or ran or defended myself but didn't.

I felt that this was unfair, given it's MRP and the most I had done at this point was fire a single shot at an officer to make a point of wanting to be let out. To be executed after the fact when I was very clearly non-hostile, and moreover to have that player not talked to after the fact really upset me. It had been my first time playing in a few months and I was hoping to accomplish a gimmick that wasn't going to be snuffed out instantly for the sake of me being a changeling. My ahelp was marked as an IC issue, which didn't help my mood at all. Several other players in dchat (like the other mimes I was with) were baffled that I was shuttlegibbed for something like that.

Given other remarks about "this ruling feels off" in this thread, I felt I had to share it. I don't have enough experience around this admin to say whether or not I have a good or bad opinion, but I do know that this felt very one-sided and feel as though it shut me down as a player.
Sherrie, mostly. If you need a drink, I can do that.
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #692757

:honkman: friendly antag :honkman: