Page 2 of 3

Re: Atlanta-Ned

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:27 am
by calzilla1
Bwoinked me for lighting a few people on fire 0.5/10

Re: Atlanta-Ned

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:13 am
by Atlanta-Ned
calzilla1 wrote:Bwoinked me for lighting a few people on fire 0.5/10


Oh right, I almost forgot to note you for this. Thanks for reminding me!

Re: Atlanta-Ned

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:39 am
by Qbopper
Atlanta-Ned wrote:
calzilla1 wrote:Bwoinked me for lighting a few people on fire 0.5/10


Oh right, I almost forgot to note you for this. Thanks for reminding me!


+1 good admin just for this chain

Re: Atlanta-Ned

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:51 am
by onleavedontatme
Atlanta-Ned wrote:
metacide wrote:[Brief tale of a shabby round]


I'm sorry you disagreed with my ruling on this matter. Thank you for your feedback.


Silicon Protections
1. Declarations of the silicons as rogue over inability or unwillingness to follow invalid or conflicting orders is a violation of Server Rule 1. The occurrence of such an attempt should be adminhelped and then disregarded.

6. Any silicon under Asimov can deny orders to allow access to the upload at any time under Law 1 given probable cause to believe that human harm is the intent of the person giving the order (Referred to for the remainder of 2.1.6 simply as "probable cause").
(4.)You are obligated to disallow an individual you know to be harmful (Head of Security who just executed someone, etc.) from accessing your upload.

If the story actually went how he wrote it you ruled directly opposite of what is explicitly written on the rules page and an actual explanation would be nice.

Re: Atlanta-Ned

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:56 am
by Atlanta-Ned
Kor wrote:If the story actually went how he wrote it you ruled directly opposite of what is explicitly written on the rules page and an actual explanation would be nice.


I was asked about this in my headmin thread:

Atlanta-Ned wrote:
Wyzack wrote:I actually have a real question based on a feedback post metacide made in your feedback thread in which you told an Asimov AI that had every reason to believe the captain was going to change its laws so it would harm humans (which was true, it was cult) that it had to let the captain and others into its upload.

I feel like this is of note since it feels like this goes against a good bit of established precedent for silicons that they are not supposed to allow law changes that would force them to harm humans. Not going to comment on if it was right or wrong, just want to know your side of the incident


I really, really wish they'd made a complaint, because I don't want to get into a silicon policy debate in my feedback thread.

That being said, to the best of my recollection, when I asked them to justify upload refusal, Metacide cited "subtext" as the reason. Had they pointed out that security and the chaplain were executing people, I'd have ruled in favor of refusing the order. Admins don't always know everything that's going on in a round. Absent that evidence, the subtext explanation was 1) unsatisfactory and 2) borderline metagaming.

Re: Atlanta-Ned

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:17 am
by calzilla1
Atlanta-Ned wrote:
calzilla1 wrote:Bwoinked me for lighting a few people on fire 0.5/10


Oh right, I almost forgot to note you for this. Thanks for reminding me!

Your welcome! Hope you get deadmin'd soon! xoxoxo

Re: Atlanta-Ned

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:02 am
by oranges
metacide wrote:Brief tale of a shabby round. Not a complaint but more a potential catalyst for discussion. :popcorn:

Just play a ghost role or watch a youtube video smh it's like 20 minutes of your round lost

Re: Atlanta-Ned

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:20 pm
by danno
calzilla1 wrote:
Atlanta-Ned wrote:
calzilla1 wrote:Bwoinked me for lighting a few people on fire 0.5/10


Oh right, I almost forgot to note you for this. Thanks for reminding me!

Your welcome! Hope you get deadmin'd soon! xoxoxo


you're*

Re: Atlanta-Ned

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:34 pm
by Xhuis
Got murdered by the captain for no reason, he demanded that my ahelps come in a block of text. Looked into it and got me back into the round. Good guy overall.

Re: Atlanta-Ned

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:07 am
by PKPenguin321
<atlanta_ned> anyone who posts in feedback threads is probably trash tbh

what did he mean by this?

Re: Atlanta-Ned

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:57 am
by Qbopper
atlanta has posted IN THIS VERY THREAD

real noggin jogger

Re: Atlanta-Ned

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:14 pm
by MrStonedOne
<atlanta_ned> anyone who posts in feedback threads is probably trash tbh


I'm hurt you would say something like that about me.

I've posted in all of them.

Re: Atlanta-Ned

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:17 pm
by Aloraydrel
<atlanta_ded1> bark
<atlanta_ded1> bark bark bark
<atlanta_ded1> i am agod
<atlanta_ded1> dog
<atlanta_ded1> bark

it is clearly delusional and needs help...

Re: Atlanta-Ned

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:19 pm
by TehSteveo
Aloraydrel wrote:<atlanta_ded1> bark
<atlanta_ded1> bark bark bark
<atlanta_ded1> i am agod
<atlanta_ded1> dog
<atlanta_ded1> bark

it is clearly delusional and needs help...
not an argument

Re: Atlanta-Ned

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:32 pm
by J_Madison
<atlanta_ded> is fwoosh whining about things they're not involved in?
<atlanta_ded> no one likes a narc
<J_Madison> you know, I'd love to ahelp or report stuff I see when I spectate. but I realise something
<J_Madison> it doesn't involve me, and if it was that serious, someone else (victim) can ahelp them instead.

<atlanta_ded> I can't speak to the rest of the admin team, but that's how I've always approached it. We're not in the business of looking for trouble.
<Hatticus_Finch> if you see something, say something? Nope. If you see something, point and laugh.
<atlanta_ded> the guide to adminning is being rewritten and I'm pushing for the part about "how to handle situations from a non-technical standpoint" to be made public, just so we can get everyone on the same page

that is a good attitude to admin by. I hope the guide is written well.

Re: Atlanta-Ned

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:49 pm
by Armhulen
I love that. If there's no ahelp, both parties are happy with the resolution, at least from an ooc stance.

Re: Atlanta-Ned

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:49 pm
by Nilons
theyre aright

Re: Atlanta-Ned

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:42 am
by vcordie
a funny dude always willing to spice up a round so long as it doesn't ruin it for others. 10/10

Re: Atlanta-Ned

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:37 am
by Bawhoppennn
Ran a stupid event just to give himself a laugh, where if you talked in the round, you'd get gibbed.

Re: Atlanta-Ned

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:40 am
by Armhulen
I thought he was bugfixing, that's extremely shit

Re: Atlanta-Ned

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:41 am
by Bawhoppennn
Armhulen wrote:I thought he was bugfixing, that's extremely shit


I don't think there was a legit reason, but if there was I'd take it back. He certainly didn't seem to mention if there was a legit reason when I complained in an ahelp.

Re: Atlanta-Ned

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:02 am
by BeeSting12
Bawhoppennn wrote:Ran a stupid event just to give himself a laugh, where if you talked in the round, you'd get gibbed.

it was admittedly pretty funny and better than events where admins just faceroll buttons.
my admin feedback for atlanta: sloan cox more like sloan cocks lol

Re: Atlanta-Ned

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:30 am
by Armhulen
BeeSting12 wrote:
Bawhoppennn wrote:Ran a stupid event just to give himself a laugh, where if you talked in the round, you'd get gibbed.

it was admittedly pretty funny and better than events where admins just faceroll buttons.
my admin feedback for atlanta: sloan cox more like sloan cocks lol

>have ooc disabled
>talk
>die
>atlanta taunts you in deadchat
"I WARNED YOU"
???????

Re: Atlanta-Ned

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:31 am
by BeeSting12
he made an admin notice too and gave IC centcomm announcements that literally said DONT TALK OR BAD SHIT HAPPENS. ???

Re: Atlanta-Ned

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:15 am
by Bawhoppennn
BeeSting12 wrote:he made an admin notice too and gave IC centcomm announcements that literally said DONT TALK OR BAD SHIT HAPPENS. ???

That's not really an excuse

Re: Atlanta-Ned

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:21 am
by D&B
How do you play the game if you don't know how to read?

Re: Atlanta-Ned

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 5:38 am
by Bawhoppennn
D&B wrote:How do you play the game if you don't know how to read?

Clearly I must have seen the messages and known about the """event""" to be able to complain about it?

Re: Atlanta-Ned

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:23 am
by Aloraydrel
Bawhoppennn wrote:
D&B wrote:How do you play the game if you don't know how to read?

Clearly I must have seen the messages and known about the """event""" to be able to complain about it?

Sounds like you should get good and not talk

Re: Atlanta-Ned

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:00 pm
by Armhulen
I server hopped, joined the game, and immediately died. What a really good event!

Re: Atlanta-Ned

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:58 pm
by Cobby
Bawhoppennn wrote:
D&B wrote:How do you play the game if you don't know how to read?

Clearly I must have seen the messages and known about the """event""" to be able to complain about it?


*Joins meme round where it explicitly states you can't talk or you get meme'd*
* Talks *
Image

Re: Atlanta-Ned

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:15 pm
by bman
ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:
Bawhoppennn wrote:
D&B wrote:How do you play the game if you don't know how to read?

Clearly I must have seen the messages and known about the """event""" to be able to complain about it?


*Joins meme round where it explicitly states you can't talk or you get meme'd*
* Talks *


>latejoin meme round and obviously miss the centcomm announcement because no shit everyone wont see that

>talk

>lol ded

Re: Atlanta-Ned

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:17 pm
by Cobby
bman wrote:
ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:
Bawhoppennn wrote:
D&B wrote:How do you play the game if you don't know how to read?

Clearly I must have seen the messages and known about the """event""" to be able to complain about it?


*Joins meme round where it explicitly states you can't talk or you get meme'd*
* Talks *


>latejoin meme round and obviously miss the centcomm announcement because no shit everyone wont see that

>talk

>lol ded

BeeSting12 wrote:he made an admin notice too and gave IC centcomm announcements that literally said DONT TALK OR BAD SHIT HAPPENS. ???

Re: Atlanta-Ned

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:18 pm
by BeeSting12
Bawhoppennn wrote:
BeeSting12 wrote:he made an admin notice too and gave IC centcomm announcements that literally said DONT TALK OR BAD SHIT HAPPENS. ???

That's not really an excuse

I mean you can complain that it was a shit event but you can't complain about communication as he gave ample warning OOCly, in the form of an admin notice which I believe shows up to people latejoining the server, and ICly in the form of two (maybe more) centcomm messages. The server crashed before anything could really happen but I fail to see the issue with the event.

Re: Atlanta-Ned

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:59 pm
by bman
ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:pingu



>join

> 2 lines of blue admin text

>dominated by a giant motd the size of "the wheel of time" entire series of books

Re: Atlanta-Ned

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:05 pm
by Not-Dorsidarf
Why would you run a round like that. That's a power trip, not an event.

Re: Atlanta-Ned

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:07 pm
by lzimann
It's not the end of the world a round like this. Maybe shitty maybe not, but I personally wouldn't mind to play once like that.

Re: Atlanta-Ned

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:10 pm
by Nilons
lzimann wrote:It's not the end of the world a round like this. Maybe shitty maybe not, but I personally wouldn't mind to play once like that.


if there was a vote held and it succeeded I could dig it

Re: Atlanta-Ned

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:57 am
by Bawhoppennn
BeeSting12 wrote:
Bawhoppennn wrote:
BeeSting12 wrote:he made an admin notice too and gave IC centcomm announcements that literally said DONT TALK OR BAD SHIT HAPPENS. ???

That's not really an excuse

I mean you can complain that it was a shit event but you can't complain about communication as he gave ample warning OOCly, in the form of an admin notice which I believe shows up to people latejoining the server, and ICly in the form of two (maybe more) centcomm messages. The server crashed before anything could really happen but I fail to see the issue with the event.


Like I said, it doesn't matter if you make the rules of an event clear, it can still be absolutely terrible and be holding the round hostage.

Re: Atlanta-Ned

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:58 am
by Bawhoppennn
ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:
Bawhoppennn wrote:
D&B wrote:How do you play the game if you don't know how to read?

Clearly I must have seen the messages and known about the """event""" to be able to complain about it?

*Joins meme round where it explicitly states you can't talk or you get meme'd*
* Talks *

Did I say I died to him?

Re: Atlanta-Ned

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:54 pm
by Atlanta-Ned
I don't really feel like replying to this, but there is one thing I want to clarify: This was by no-means, a "power trip" (and frankly, I find that characterization unfair and shortsighted).

My original intent was to force a different play style, a change of pace etc etc. I assumed that the global announcement (plus two in-game centcom announcements), clearly stating that people would be gibbed for talking, was impossible to miss. In retrospect, dealing 100 brute damage to talkers would have been better.

Or you can ignore all that and just assume that I have nothing but cynical malice for everyone.

Re: Atlanta-Ned

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:58 pm
by DemonFiren
Atlanta-Ned wrote:Or you can ignore all that and just assume that I have nothing but cynical malice for everyone.

you're an admin
it's a safe assumption

Re: Atlanta-Ned

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:10 pm
by Nilons
Atlanta-Ned wrote:I don't really feel like replying to this, but there is one thing I want to clarify: This was by no-means, a "power trip" (and frankly, I find that characterization unfair and shortsighted).

My original intent was to force a different play style, a change of pace etc etc. I assumed that the global announcement (plus two in-game centcom announcements), clearly stating that people would be gibbed for talking, was impossible to miss. In retrospect, dealing 100 brute damage to talkers would have been better.

Or you can ignore all that and just assume that I have nothing but cynical malice for everyone.


Assuming both to be safe

Re: Atlanta-Ned

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 10:11 am
by oranges
assuming bawhoppen to be massively austistic would be a safe bet

Re: Atlanta-Ned

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 2:27 am
by Lazengann
Completely unrealistic on when it's acceptable to kill other players, as seen with his opinions in viewtopic.php?f=33&t=11364, and in game when answering adminhelps. Greentexted for brevity

>traitor red lizard Chaplain
>breaks into hydroponics with his armblade
>responds to barehanded actions with repeated stabbing using his armblade
>cuts off my leg
>cuts off BOTH of the other botanist's legs
>gets taken down

>red lizard Miner grabs his body
>is completely determined to clone the murderous traitor because "he's a red lizard too"
>without even calling security
>won't listen to reason
>won't stop babysitting the cloner
>atlanta-ned says taking him out to prevent the traitor from being cloned is unacceptable

The red lizard miner was revealed to be Bandit so maybe there is just admin nepotism going on.

Re: Atlanta-Ned

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 2:33 am
by onleavedontatme
Curious to see logs of the PMs involved in that

Re: Atlanta-Ned

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 3:01 am
by bandit
I was the miner. I did not see the armblade shit (because I was mining) or really pay all that much attention to the radio (because I was mining). All I saw was getting back to the station and seeing a dead lizard being dragged around and looted by a guy in cargo and when I asked for an explanation was told (paraphrasing) "just let me loot him." So I took him to cloning. Then:

A) For the amount of information in play you could well have been totally full of shit and trying to get your target killed. Just because you say something and you yourself know it is true does not mean that everyone else magically knows it is true.
B) There is no rule and never will be any rule saying that people must comply 100% with dunking all potential antags at all times. I'm a miner, I'm not the head of security. I didn't attack you, in fact I even helped you when the AI was going apeshit. Beyond that, god forbid I try to get someone cloned. God forbid there be any interaction in this game other than MUST FIND AND DUNK TRAITORS AT ALL TIMES.

As for "admin nepotism" my sole contributions to this were "I can't take this ahelp, I'm the other lizard" and "I don't give a shit if I get killed" so not sure what's going on there. (And before you also mention "metafriending" I have no idea who this guy is and stopped helping him once he decided to be an utter cunt about it.)

Re: Atlanta-Ned

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 3:08 am
by onleavedontatme
You being in the right for trying to clone the guy is actually a separate question than whether they would be in the right for killing you to prevent it. Both of you can be right as far as the rules go and still on opposing sides of an issue.

God forbid there be any interaction in this game other than MUST FIND AND DUNK TRAITORS AT ALL TIMES.


Please don't start with that shit, it's not valid hunting or even remotely bad behaviour to kill someone who is breaking into places and lopping limbs off.

Re: Atlanta-Ned

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 3:10 am
by Lazengann
You walked by the botanist with no legs and I only had one leg and the corpse had an armblade so I feel like that tells a story there

I'm not criticizing your behavior actually, it's just the idea that I shouldn't be allowed to stop you is a ridiculous ruling

Re: Atlanta-Ned

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 3:30 am
by bandit
You walked by the botanist with no legs and I only had one leg and the corpse had an armblade so I feel like that tells a story there

I'm not criticizing your behavior actually, it's just the idea that I shouldn't be allowed to stop you is a ridiculous ruling


I didn't notice an armblade on the corpse or your legs. I know that's going to sound like bullshit but I honestly didn't. I don't pay much attention to sprites especially since the scaling change made everything look like garbage. As for the ruling, I agree, but as someone involved I couldn't be the "second opinion" ou wanted.

Please don't start with that shit, it's not valid hunting or even remotely bad behaviour to kill someone who is breaking into places and lopping limbs off.


I didn't say it was. But I also don't feel it's bad behavior to see a dead guy and err on the side of getting him cloned.

Re: Atlanta-Ned

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 6:05 am
by bman
bandit wrote:
the scaling change made everything look like garbage.


GO TO THE ICONS SETTINGS TAB AND SET SCALING MODE TO POINT SAMPLING YOU FUCKS.