[No longer an admin]Sweaterkittens

MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

[No longer an admin]Sweaterkittens

Post by MrStonedOne » #239051

Please post any positive or negative feedback for the administrator here.
This is not the place to discuss ban appeals, admin complaints, or ban requests.
This is for specific feedback for this administrator.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: Sweaterkittens

Post by Armhulen » #239052

Amazing admin so far, good at investigating cases, interacts with ooc, he's a winner
Haevacht
Byond Username: Capital_H

Post by Haevacht » #239058

Good midis, good at handling shit, good at HOLDING THE LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE.

But seriously. Goodmin with good music and talks n'shit.
Last edited by Haevacht on Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1% of a coder, 2% of a spriter, 97% >:3c

Random name on Bagel, usually assistant.
Krusvik
Byond Username: Krusvik

Post by Krusvik » #239387

SweaterKittens is my admin candidate, so perhaps I'm biased, but they always promoted good RP and had a strong mind for what's fair and isn't. I'm glad to see them doing well.
scrubs2009
Byond Username: Scrubs2009

Post by scrubs2009 » #243454

Here's my story about KittenSweater which I'll also be posting in the general

For starters Kitten answered my prayer for a TC trade. Then he turned me into a chaos carp. Already I like him because most admins won't do that. Then I asked him if he could spawn a radio and turn it on so I could carry it around and talk to the station. A lot of admins would have just ignored my request but he didn't. He even spawned into space next to me just to pick it up and turn it on. (Of course he became a pile of bones after). After about 20 minutes of me smashing up the station he tells me that the priest has started worshiping carp. I ask him to tell the priest an angel is coming and again, he does. When I get to the chapel I find it full of carp suits (His doing I assume) and 3 people who start worshiping me and asking to become carp. I say some flowery speech and then ask him if he can make the three worshipers into regular space carp. And he does it! After we go around destroying the station and he making Lia sentient we eventually die. For a final act he spawns ~25 space carp and mega carp into Centcom, spawning me as the only chaos magicarp so they could recognize me. We then reclaimed space for Carp-Sie.

A lot of admins rarely seem to change anything in the game that much due to fears it would make the the round too different but it's actually a good thing. It breaks up the staleness. KittenSweater is a great Trialadmin

Give him the :capid:
Thanks, Kev.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #243913

Made a real effort to engage with the playerbase and polled opinion before messing with stuff with admin powers, administrated like a pro.

I didn't have a direct interaction with him during yesterday, but I was really happy with what I saw of him in OOC/in general.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #246400

Competent, reasonable, friendly, generally just a really good admin from what I've seen so far.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #246412

Still one of my favorite admins, I would even say headmin material because of reasons above
Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: STP

Post by Sometinyprick » #246693

seems p alright, willing to voice an opinion which is actually kinda rare among admins and a good thing
i play leo bonhart, feel free to grief me
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #249160

Actually cares about doing a good job and about making the server better, which is unfortunately not as common a trait as it should be
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #249207

I see them being super reasonable on the forums, in game, in adminbus, and even on digg

"Actually cares about doing a good job and about making the server better" +1
Limey wrote:its too late.
Haevacht
Byond Username: Capital_H

Post by Haevacht » #249485

Learning code, so will eventaully just vanish from the servers forever.

But codermins are good, look at kev, for example.
1% of a coder, 2% of a spriter, 97% >:3c

Random name on Bagel, usually assistant.
sirnat
Byond Username: Sirnat

Post by sirnat » #250747

Did a very good job with investigating someone who had randomly murdered me, very calm, easy to talk to, and patient.

Give them admin or give me death by oxygen tank.
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #250780

fun to talk to :D
nice admin :D
helpful and a kind heart :D

but they don't like yeehaw! Get the fuck off of my server!
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
YBS
Byond Username: YBS

Post by YBS » #250915

S.K.'s a goodmin. Clear cut and investigative. After seeing their general understanding of other players/their warns, makes me hate my bad choices even more.
Doctor Pork
Byond Username: Doctor_Pork

Post by Doctor Pork » #261101

Kewl lad. Really nice, enjoyable to admin with.
oranges wrote:pork, the nondescript, commoner king, literally so stealth you could just your normal name in OOC and nobody would know, long may he reign as the secret commander
Deitus wrote:If your signature is scrollable it's too long and fucking obnoxious and you should feel bad
Link to my feedback thread. Go there.
PKPenguin321 wrote:I've been had by yet another tg boondoggle
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #261135

I've been skeptical of him due to some stuff near the start of his trial but he's are doing lots of good work (for one the silicon policy rewrite was excellent) and seems really open to feedback. I think he's been doing a really good job sort of redeeming himself in my eyes (even if it was indirectly) and I'm optimistic for him to improve further. I suspect by the time he's up for review I'll have a fully positive outlook for him.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

Post by J_Madison » #264428

First interation was excellent.
Was very responsive in ahelps.
Handled things effectively and promptly, and let me know the next round that my issue was dealt with.
danno

Post by danno » #306450

Sweaterkittens,
I come to post in this thread not out of malice, but out of genuine concern
and I make a point of saying that because I fear that you will misinterpret my intentions here and perhaps get angry

but you seem to form a lot of big ol' hateful grudges on certain people in and around the community, and they get quite volatile
some examples would be Pax, and oranges
and I get it, I do. There's a lot of people to dislike around here. but you seem to get very invested in hating the people that you do.
and there's a problem there, because it starts to seem like you're going out of your way to be vile towards the people you don't like. From the outside looking in, it looks sometimes like you become very petty and do things just to spite these people.
I'm not saying that it's your intention, perhaps you aren't aware of it, but please understand; I've heard people talk about this, I've talked to people about this, this is just the way it looks.
I'm worried that it could color your actions in an administrative capacity. I'm more worried that it already has. Pax and oranges are only two examples.
I mean, heck, there are some players that I'd sure like to be rotten to. But you just gotta step outta that and be a big boy.

I hope you read this and understand that I'm coming here as a concerned comrade, and not an enemy
have a good day
Sweaterkittens
Byond Username: SweaterKittens

Post by Sweaterkittens » #306493

I appreciate your concern, and I understand where you're coming from. I know you're not saying what you're saying out of malice.

I think it's important that you know that I never grew up or spent a lot of time in 4chan or similar communities until recently. Until I started playing SS13 and got involved here, I never spent any significant amount of time around people that freely call each other faggots and racial slurs, and tell each other to kill themselves as a joke. It's still very foreign to me when I see people being what I would consider incredibly malicious to one another and then act like it's normal. As a result, I find a lot of that sort of behavior really appalling, and have a very, very low tolerance for it and the people who engage in it.

I got involved here because I really do love this game. I have a lot of great memories here and I enjoy doing what I can to improve the server and foster a positive atmosphere for everyone. Because I want to improve the server, I do take a more aggressive approach when I feel as though people are detrimental to it. I realize that it may come across as a grudge, but it's because I don't suddenly change my opinion on someone without them doing something to warrant that. If I believe that someone is truly detrimental to the server, I can't just ignore it - otherwise I wouldn't have become an admin in the first place.

I really do get what you're saying though, and I'll do my best to take it to heart.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
danno

Post by danno » #306495

cool, man
i'm glad
bman
Github User
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Post by bman » #306497

sweaterkittens has a +1 from me for a creative gimmick where they turned my chapel into a small dorf fortress after i prayed to armok

danno wrote: there are some players that I'd sure like to be rotten
am i one of those players kek
danno

Post by danno » #306499

I don't have any problem with you as a player or in general
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #306613

bman wrote:am i one of those players kek
this isn't bman's feedback thread ree
bman
Github User
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Post by bman » #306639

srs feedback: i dont think kittens actually holds grudges even if they detest someone being an admin

admin edit: removed meme
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #306899

Sweaterkittens wrote:t's still very foreign to me when I see people being what I would consider incredibly malicious to one another and then act like it's normal. As a result, I find a lot of that sort of behavior really appalling, and have a very, very low tolerance for it and the people who engage in it.
<snip>
If I believe that someone is truly detrimental to the server, I can't just ignore it - otherwise I wouldn't have become an admin in the first place.
Don't you think that's a problem if you're out of touch with the community and yet can't let that pattern of behaviour slide?
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #306902

oranges wrote:
Sweaterkittens wrote:t's still very foreign to me when I see people being what I would consider incredibly malicious to one another and then act like it's normal. As a result, I find a lot of that sort of behavior really appalling, and have a very, very low tolerance for it and the people who engage in it.
<snip>
If I believe that someone is truly detrimental to the server, I can't just ignore it - otherwise I wouldn't have become an admin in the first place.
Don't you think that's a problem if you're out of touch with the community and yet can't let that pattern of behaviour slide?
This is non abrasive and not rude, oranges is giving you genuine feedback and you should listen to it
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

Sweaterkittens
Byond Username: SweaterKittens

Post by Sweaterkittens » #306937

You'll have to excuse me if I don't take feedback seriously from someone who's told me to kill myself, and was recently bragging about being such utter shit to me that I lost interest in being involved with the server.

On topic, I understand what you're saying but I disagree with it. I will never be in a position where I would think that telling people to unironically kill themselves or being purposely malicious to others out of boredom is okay. I got involved here because I love this game and I want everyone to have a good time here. If the headmins find that they want to let that sort of awful behaviour slide then they're welcome to remove me from the team. That's not how I was raised and I will not compromise my beliefs regarding being a decent human beings to each other.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #306939

What I'm trying to understand is if you would break existing precedent or admin rulings if you felt they crossed your beliefs?
bandit

Post by bandit » #306955

>it becomes an actual piece of negative admin feedback that the admin is against people being utter cunts to one another

jesus

please accept this as my vote of positive feedback, particularly considering we have the "actual precedent" and/or admin ruling of Rule 1, i.e. don't be an utter cunt

admin feedback pls
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #306978

Why can't all admins be friends?
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #307035

bandit wrote:>it becomes an actual piece of negative admin feedback that the admin is against people being utter cunts to one another

jesus

please accept this as my vote of positive feedback, particularly considering we have the "actual precedent" and/or admin ruling of Rule 1, i.e. don't be an utter cunt
They said in their own post that they don't understand parts of our community themself? It's not concerning to you that one of the admins is out of touch by their own omission and doesn't seem to care?
Pascal125
Byond Username: Pascal123

Post by Pascal125 » #307047

It's more concerning to me that more admins don't think alike.
Rude and abrasive; I apologise in advance. I play Betrays-Its-Kin if you wanna Metagrudge me.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #307051

I don't think it's realistic to expect admins to be identical clone people, but they should at least understand the context in which they interact with their own stated community
danno

Post by danno » #307081

admins are people, not ban-robots
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #307087

Has never handled a situation poorly in my experiences with him however does need to grow a thicker skin
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #307289

Should stop acting like a tumblr drama queen.
Bring back papercult.

Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #307314

oranges wrote:
<snip>
this is why i have you on ignore

>"I don't like people being really rude and shitty to each other"
>you're just out of touch with the culture

you can make valid criticisms about admins all you like but this is not one of them
InsaneHyena wrote:Should stop acting like a tumblr drama queen.
this isn't feedback that means anything and just makes you sound like an ass
Pascal125 wrote:It's more concerning to me that more admins don't think alike.
???

so, should we be concerned that players don't all think alike and play the same?
danno wrote:admins are people, not ban-robots
^

I think SK has probably mishandled some of the recent things we've seen but these posts are just baffling to me
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #307498

Qbopper wrote: this is why i have you on ignore

>"I don't like people being really rude and shitty to each other"
>you're just out of touch with the culture
That's not what I said though, They said they're out of touch themselves, you don't think it's a problem that they admit they're not in touch with the server culture and that they don't intend to change that? Your confusion is understandable, since you appear to also be out of touch with the community.

also what's the point of having me on ignore if you're going to respond to my posts anyway?
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #307555

Being an utter cunt or being shitty is a subjective thing though, especially in a game that encourages and even requires people to be in conflict with one another.

It's not as self evident as you guys are making it out to be. "I'm stopping bad people" is not a blanket justification without any context.

For example: A corrupt sec officer arming assistants and having them smash department windows to demand protection money might be grief or an interesting roleplay opportunity, depending on who you ask and who it happens to. But Sweaterkittens has previously said they would ban people for perceived rulebreaking whether or not their "victim" wanted the aggressor banned, even if the "victim" outright stated they enjoyed the situation.
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #307562

oranges wrote:also what's the point of having me on ignore if you're going to respond to my posts anyway?
I usually don't open them but someone quoted you in the thread
Kor wrote:Being an utter cunt or being shitty is a subjective thing though, especially in a game that encourages and even requires people to be in conflict with one another.
I think SK is specifically referring to the near constant shitting on people OOC, people often using racial slurs, etc. etc.

maybe I misunderstood, but I really didn't get the impression that they meant IC actions
oranges wrote:They said they're out of touch themselves, you don't think it's a problem that they admit they're not in touch with the server culture and that they don't intend to change that? Your confusion is understandable, since you appear to also be out of touch with the community.
where?
Sweaterkittens wrote:I think it's important that you know that I never grew up or spent a lot of time in 4chan or similar communities until recently. Until I started playing SS13 and got involved here, I never spent any significant amount of time around people that freely call each other faggots and racial slurs, and tell each other to kill themselves as a joke. It's still very foreign to me when I see people being what I would consider incredibly malicious to one another and then act like it's normal. As a result, I find a lot of that sort of behavior really appalling, and have a very, very low tolerance for it and the people who engage in it.
they said they aren't used to it, don't know why you have to word it to frame them in a negative light when SK is just trying to be realistic about the situation

nice work managing to slip in a quick jab at me in there too

putting "i'm rude and abrasive" in your signature is like putting "I only shitpost ironically" in your signature - it doesn't change what you're doing, as much as you might believe it does
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #307589

You seem to be taking this a little too personally so I'll just back off for now.
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #307596

oranges wrote:You seem to be taking this a little too personally so I'll just back off for now.
This is the most polite I've seen oranges and you guys are biting his head off more than usual like for what purpose
Signature Memes

bandit

Post by bandit » #307612

This is all taken out of context. Sweaterkittens in their post was specifically talking about 4chan culture or whatever, and it's safe to say that the server has drifted away from that community in the past couple years. So it's not synonymous with "server culture" and how someone feels about /b/ has no correlation either way on how they admin. In fact, it literally can't be about any of their recent behavior as an admin, as they'd taken a break.

admin feedback pls
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #307641

bandit wrote:This is all taken out of context. Sweaterkittens in their post was specifically talking about 4chan culture or whatever, and it's safe to say that the server has drifted away from that community in the past couple years. So it's not synonymous with "server culture" and how someone feels about /b/ has no correlation either way on how they admin. In fact, it literally can't be about any of their recent behavior as an admin, as they'd taken a break.
Thanks, it makes much more sense when you phrase it this way
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #307674

Citing gameplay is never an excuse to be an asshole outside of the game, kor
ever
TheColdTurtle
Byond Username: TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #307679

Kor wrote: For example: A corrupt sec officer arming assistants and having them smash department windows to demand protection money might be grief or an interesting roleplay opportunity, depending on who you ask and who it happens to.
Now that would be an interesting rp prospect, however money is hard or impossible to get, and it is practically useless too.

For feeback I think that they have potential to be a good admin, but there is some of the issues stated above.
Pascal125
Byond Username: Pascal123

Post by Pascal125 » #307692

No. Qbopper. But i personally believe that Admins should reach a stronger consensus regarding important issues, rulings, and how to handle them, if they hope to administrate more efficiently. As it stands it's like a box of chocolates. "You never know what you're gonna get.". There are rules, but they're enforced differently and it can lead to players on both sides having issues with how it was handled or even being upset because Admin A handled it poorly in their opinion whereas Admin B would've done something else in that situation. I'm not about to say that the Admin team should behave like a courtroom. I feel that would be extreme and un-fun for the parties involved. But really, i personally believe it might be more effective to at-least have some consistency in how offenses are punished, regardless of the Admin involved. It's my understanding that courtrooms will base their sentencing based off past cases of the issue occuring. If the first guy got imprisoned for 10 years, the future offenders will get a minimum of 10.

The way it currently is could lead. and in my opinion, has personally lead to an issue where Admin A has banned Player A for breaking rules. but Admin B has left Player B off free/with a warning when Player A a-helped them for the same exact crime.
Yeah, there might be a reason on the Admins part for it. But in the end, at least in this hypothetical situation, it's the exact same offense. Nothing is different between both cases.

Anyways, what i said isn't in an implication that people should be robotic. It meant i was more concerned for the fact that apparently not many other admins would care if a player outright told another player to "Kill themselves" among other things. like Sweaterkittens apparently does.

I don't think there's much of a good excuse for being a dick OOCly. Yet i haven't seen a single admin do anything about it, sans muting OOC from time to time when it gets really bad. I've seen lots of things and I've personally been attacked in rather insulting, over-the-top ways, too. In my personal experience, if you A-help this asking them to tell the player to at-least tone it down, you'll be met with some "Man up" response. Make no mistake, i don't want a safe space. But i just don't think those comments are acceptable as a player. And i don't see why Admins would think otherwise, As a human being.

But, we / I am getting a little off-topic. Here.
Rude and abrasive; I apologise in advance. I play Betrays-Its-Kin if you wanna Metagrudge me.
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #307705

Pascal125 wrote:...
You don't really get the exact same offence twice, I think most of us would like to believe that the game is complex and situations can differ in many details.
Also, intent matters as much as what went down, yet intent is hard to quantify and the judgement can depend on player history.
And requiring total admin consensus would be difficult and not necessarily healthy. Many people play this game for many things, if administration was reduced to a flowchart then I believe you'd get a dumbed down experience in the game.
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #307844

oranges wrote:You seem to be taking this a little too personally so I'll just back off for now.
Well, yeah, that's what happens when you make a comment about a person specifically, I'm not sure what you expected
Pascal125 wrote:No. Qbopper. But i personally believe that Admins should reach a stronger consensus regarding important issues, rulings, and how to handle them, if they hope to administrate more efficiently.

that's all well and good and many people agree, but until someone has a concrete idea of what/how to do this, there's little to say

As it stands it's like a box of chocolates. "You never know what you're gonna get.". There are rules, but they're enforced differently and it can lead to players on both sides having issues with how it was handled or even being upset because Admin A handled it poorly in their opinion whereas Admin B would've done something else in that situation. I'm not about to say that the Admin team should behave like a courtroom. I feel that would be extreme and un-fun for the parties involved. But really, i personally believe it might be more effective to at-least have some consistency in how offenses are punished, regardless of the Admin involved. It's my understanding that courtrooms will base their sentencing based off past cases of the issue occuring. If the first guy got imprisoned for 10 years, the future offenders will get a minimum of 10.

even in your courtroom example, context matters, it's not as simple as applying a blanket punishment to anyone committing an offense

The way it currently is could lead. and in my opinion, has personally lead to an issue where Admin A has banned Player A for breaking rules. but Admin B has left Player B off free/with a warning when Player A a-helped them for the same exact crime.
Yeah, there might be a reason on the Admins part for it. But in the end, at least in this hypothetical situation, it's the exact same offense. Nothing is different between both cases.

except we don't have the context - what id player B had an actual reason to break that rule? What if player A's ban was rule 0/1, and admin B doesn't think it falls under "being a dick"?

Anyways, what i said isn't in an implication that people should be robotic. It meant i was more concerned for the fact that apparently not many other admins would care if a player outright told another player to "Kill themselves" among other things. like Sweaterkittens apparently does.

I don't think there's much of a good excuse for being a dick OOCly. Yet i haven't seen a single admin do anything about it, sans muting OOC from time to time when it gets really bad. I've seen lots of things and I've personally been attacked in rather insulting, over-the-top ways, too. In my personal experience, if you A-help this asking them to tell the player to at-least tone it down, you'll be met with some "Man up" response. Make no mistake, i don't want a safe space. But i just don't think those comments are acceptable as a player. And i don't see why Admins would think otherwise, As a human being.

I think there's an extent where you have to shrug it off or take it as a joke, and I say that as someone who is pretty sensitive about that sorta shit

I think telling someone to kill themselves is the pinnacle of lazy and shitty humor, but if we tried to tell people to knock it off we'd be swamped with even more shit to handle and the drama would be immense

I personally think the best kind of OOC moderation is to just take peoples intention into account - I don't care if you call someone a racial slur when you're among friends andclearly just joking, but a lot of people just unironically use them as insults and it's not healthy for a community, imo

But, we / I am getting a little off-topic. Here.

yeah this has wildly derailed
NikNakFlak wrote:Citing gameplay is never an excuse to be an asshole outside of the game, kor
ever
I think desperately hope kor misunderstood and thought the discussion was about being a dick IC