Kevinz000

Tell the admins how you think they're doing.

Moderators: In-Game Head Admins, In-Game Game Master

PostThis post was deleted by peoplearestrange on Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:24 pm.

PostThis post was deleted by peoplearestrange on Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:23 pm.

PostThis post was deleted by peoplearestrange on Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:22 pm.

Arianya
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Arianya

Re: Kevinz000

Postby Arianya » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:30 am #256750

Personally, I've found Kevinz to be pretty level headed and good. Hes also one of those admins who still actually plays the game. The fact that hes also a coder who plays the game basically makes him the offspring of a white whale and a unicorn.

He seems to have some disagreements/misunderstandings with the norm in terms of enforcement of certain rules, but I'm sure with time he'll become a pretty good admin!
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg

peoplearestrange

Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Postby peoplearestrange » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:21 pm #256780

Im not sure if there was valid feedback at the start of this (from the "essay post" it might seem that way). However its basically now devolved into what certainly looks like bullying. Like actually just attacking Kev because they slighted you in some way or you just plain don't like them. I suggest you stop whining like ass holes and actually try to be constructive. I'll be soft deleting the needless back and forths, but leaving the original post as it seems to be the only constructive thing in this shit chain.

Don't make PAS an angry Mom.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment

miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly

WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.

Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.

TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...

NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.

Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!

Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!

Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.

IM TRYING

Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch

Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...

Are you having a stroke

bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing

MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.

PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"

I'm a box

peoplearestrange

Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Postby peoplearestrange » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:29 pm #256783

Now some actual personal feedback. I feel Kevinz is a distant admin. They often seem AFK or just simply don't reply to ahelps for whatever reason. From what little interaction I've had with him its always seemed a little vague. However they do seem to know the game and its tools inside out, so no issues there.

I'm just wondering why they want to admin or what they gain for the experience?
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment

miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly

WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.

Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.

TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...

NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.

Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!

Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!

Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.

IM TRYING

Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch

Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...

Are you having a stroke

bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing

MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.

PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"

I'm a box

oranges
Code Maintainer

Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Postby oranges » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:42 pm #256788

but moooooooooooooooom

Haevacht

Byond Username: Capital_H

Postby Haevacht » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:06 pm #256797

In one round, played 3 nice sized midis while i was either in combat, running from combat or 5 tiles from combat.

Ree.
1% of a coder, 2% of a spriter, 97% >:3c

Random name on Bagel, usually assistant.

confused rock

Byond Username: The unloved rock

Postby confused rock » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:26 pm #256815

He played the shitty wood man midi at my request at least, also one time i told him to go fuck himself in an ahelp and i didnt get banned so that was neat

Armhulen
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: it's a long story

Postby Armhulen » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:48 pm #256979

he cuts up his midis and uploads them all at the same time causing massive lagsprites

p-please stop
Go to bed bro, she's not thinking about you.

vcordie

Byond Username: Vcordie

Postby vcordie » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:53 am #257174

Enough with the fucking midis already, holy shit.
uhhh hey guys its me Kor Phaerooin

PKPenguin321
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Postby PKPenguin321 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:22 am #257221

Kevins horrid abuse of midis actually prompted me to write a full guide on how to properly trim sounds to play them on the server, evidently he has still somehow missed the message

Still goes afk 99/100 times that I see him on server, always stealthmins when he does it, doesn't pop in when a stray ahelp appears, so the only discernable reason for him to do this is farming play time on the stat tracker. Obnoxious behavior, evidently he didn't get the message last time I mentioned this here. I've begun just kicking him if we already have a reasonable amount of admins anyways.

From this I've gathered that he doesn't seem to learn from past negative feedback. Definitely a red flag.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:

danno

Byond Username: Dannno

Postby danno » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:29 am #257228

The stealthminning is what really confuses me. Everyone knows it's him.
To quote a really fucking funny player;

"I love getting an admin PM from "administrator" because I know I just did something to piss in kevin's mouth."
Hornygranny wrote:wtf i like danno now

I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit

captain sawrge

Byond Username: Sawrge

Postby captain sawrge » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:49 am #257310

Well my last post was really overly inflammatory and was reposted here by a shitstirrer but I may as well reiterate it:
things to consider as an admin, in general:

Not every issue is black and white. It's possible there are no bad guys. There can also be two (mostly) equally bad guys. OOC intervention is often not required because things usually sort themselves out IC. If someone ahelps something and it seems to be fairly organic conflict*, feel free to mark it an IC issue.
*a term which here means one of them has already brutally murdered the other and the victor still feels the need to try and rub salt in the wound and get the corpse banned

Act professional, but understand you are playing a game and people want to have fun and while some may have more chaotic fun than others everyone is ultimately here to play and enjoy themselves. People (generally) aren't instigating things purely out of malice. They are trying to enjoy the game and while they may be doing so in a way other players disagree with, they usually don't mean any harm initially. Don't assume the worst in people. Don't take an overly hostile or accusatory tone. Approach situations as objectively as you can and make your best attempt to hear either side of the story. Ideally, try and mediate between the two players or at least defuse the situation, rather than exacerbate it with OOC intervention.

Acknowledge when you make mistakes. You are learning. Not every ban will be well thought out, or smart, or just. Don't let that get to you. Any position of authority, no matter how fake internet authority it is, comes with the possibility of making grand fuckups that can have a serious impact on people. Be willing to accept it when you screw up.

I apologize for the previous post and its overly hostile tone, as well as the shenanigans that brought it to light. I think this advice applies to every current and future admin, and I would ask that you try to take it into consideration in the future.

Raphaella

Byond Username: Emilc4h

Postby Raphaella » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:24 pm #257601

I've got to echo what Sawrge is saying because he put it into words way better than my dumb ass ever could. Try to take his words to heart instead of just shrugging them off this time. You'll be a great admin if you actually learn from your mistakes and the feedback present in this thread.

Not sure who said it, but "takes the wrong things way too seriously" is, at times, accurate.
If only you knew how bad things really are.

Grazyn

Byond Username: Grazyn

Postby Grazyn » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:46 pm #257693

Protip: always check adminwho before you start mining, if Kevinz is on, don't engage in combat with mobs. Ogg lagspikes WILL kill you and they aren't affected by silence midis, they need stop sounds and by then you already spiked. That's what I gathered from ghostchat feedback

D&B

Byond Username: Repukan

Postby D&B » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:59 pm #257700

Stop crashing the server with midis
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?

J_Madison wrote:that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you

ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.

Yoshmaster

Byond Username: YOSHMASTER

Postby Yoshmaster » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:55 pm #261012

Stop testing stuff in game it's horrible
We keep getting ~50% time dilation and rounds are unplayable

oranges
Code Maintainer

Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Postby oranges » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:22 pm #261040

Not really Kevinz000 fault and no we won't

Luke Cox

Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Postby Luke Cox » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:11 am #261504

I think one of the reasons I'm so fond of him as an admin is that he feels like one of us, and not a part of a clique of elites.

starmute

Byond Username: Starmute

Postby starmute » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:30 am #267866

I decided to finally review Kevinz000 as a admin.

He's good. That being said I have a bit of a bias towards him because I like him as a player. Sometimes it is hard to separate the two.

That being said I haven't seen any flagrant admin abuse, he has at one point answered my a help (was x valid) as "valid" instead of saying x is a antagonist or whatever. Kevinz (or Mekhi) has been on our server for a long time and has earned trust among the player base and admins due to knowing the mechanics of the game, playing decent characters and not being a asshole.

The only thing I noticed is he does enjoy the midis (which are nice), however some people don't know how to turn midis off or just don't enjoy them.

Take this review with a grain of salt however because as I stated I am biased.

cedarbridge
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Postby cedarbridge » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:21 pm #267929

Grazyn wrote:Byond closes the connection when a new round starts while you're in the lobby. So you can join as observer, go afk, when it ends you will still be connected to the next round, but when this second round ends you will be disconnected because you spent the whole time in the lobby. On low pop this can easily mean 3-4 hours of idle time or more. Source: I main observer

This is correct. I've also occasionally (too often probably) left my client open when I head out the door to class or an errand so the server doesn't boot you until you're in the lobby when a round ends. Though I have had other 'mins boot me from the server if I notice.

FantasticFwoosh
Confined to the shed

Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Postby FantasticFwoosh » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:58 pm #273994

I can see him in a position to get wound up easily, will resort to slamming his self coded IC issue complaint button if he doesn't want to give a response (because he's either been proved wrong or find the situation/ckey player annoying)

Edit: My mistake - I distinctly remember kevin PR'ing the IC button, i must have misunderstood rather than coding it.
Last edited by FantasticFwoosh on Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spoiler:

lzimann

Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Postby lzimann » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:27 pm #273999

FantasticFwoosh wrote:I can see him in a position to get wound up easily, will resort to slamming his self coded IC issue complaint button if he doesn't want to give a response (because he's either been proved wrong or find the situation/ckey player annoying)

He wasnt the one that coded the ic button, I did.

kevinz000
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Postby kevinz000 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:57 pm #274019

FantasticFwoosh wrote:I can see him in a position to get wound up easily, will resort to slamming his self coded IC issue complaint button if he doesn't want to give a response (because he's either been proved wrong or find the situation/ckey player annoying)

Edit: My mistake - I distinctly remember kevin PR'ing the IC button, i must have misunderstood rather than coding it.

I hope this is not the time you reported a HoS for powergaming because they got all access from the captain's office.
Also no, I won't ignore someone because they're annoying.

rumblystubble

Byond Username: Rumblystubble

Postby rumblystubble » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:40 am #274408

Takes time to make sure you understand why you're getting bwoinked. 9/10 only mostly gay.

Nilons

Byond Username: NIlons

Postby Nilons » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:34 am #274801

Lost my shit in an ahelp situation with him and cussed him out, didnt ban me or even leave an admin remark. Later came back and apologized a few weeks later and he accepted it with no question or grievance and has been chill since. Alright guy.
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEVd4c1SV2g

bman
Github User

Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Postby bman » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:00 pm #282263

Nilons wrote:Lost my shit in an ahelp situation with him and cussed him out, didnt ban me or even leave an admin remark. Later came back and apologized a few weeks later and he accepted it with no question or grievance and has been chill since. Alright guy.

:+1:
pryce bax.

Limski

Byond Username: Limski

Postby Limski » Tue May 16, 2017 12:54 pm #294349

Excessively plays midis but its okay when they're anime midis.
Good waifu taste.
I love Kev, he's a good admin.

starmute

Byond Username: Starmute

Postby starmute » Fri May 19, 2017 2:36 am #296070

I was convinced that by the time I got to reading the forums again he would have quit out of spite.

Congrats on surviving.

Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Postby Dax Dupont » Mon May 22, 2017 3:14 am #297126

Aside from crashing my clients with 3000 flaming giant klaras, pretty good regarding ahelps.

kevinz000
In-Game Admin

Postby kevinz000 » Mon May 22, 2017 6:01 am #297180

AdAstraPerAspera wrote:Aside from crashing my clients with 3000 flaming giant klaras, pretty good regarding ahelps.

apologies that was overdone

Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Postby Dax Dupont » Mon May 22, 2017 1:36 pm #297261

kevinz000 wrote:
AdAstraPerAspera wrote:Aside from crashing my clients with 3000 flaming giant klaras, pretty good regarding ahelps.

apologies that was overdone

Don't worry about it, just mentioned it is because I found it hilarious. What better way to accidently get crashed than by 3000 Flaming giant klaras at centcom.

I'm pretty satisfied with how you handle things and the warop memery yesterday was a great event.

Haevacht

Byond Username: Capital_H

Postby Haevacht » Mon May 22, 2017 11:46 pm #297385

been better since his sound is gone
1% of a coder, 2% of a spriter, 97% >:3c

Random name on Bagel, usually assistant.

kevinz000
In-Game Admin

Postby kevinz000 » Wed May 24, 2017 7:31 pm #298439

Haevacht wrote:been better since his sound is gone

:'(

NoH8OnlyLove

Byond Username: NoH8OnlyLove

Postby NoH8OnlyLove » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:41 pm #340447

Still spams shitty midis that lag the fuck out of the server. Gave me a job ban and then gave me a week ban after I hurt his feefees.
-rep
Hitler Security Coming To You Next Sunday. Prepare yourselves

imblyings

Byond Username: Ausops

Postby imblyings » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:10 pm #340451

come back after the week without metagrudging or being shit to security and no admin will notice you, many people do this, so can you buddy you weren't born unable to play the game like everyone else
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.

PreviousNext

Return to Admin Feedback