[Deleted] DGL

Resolved.

Moderator: Board Moderators

Darkgenerallord

Byond Username: Darkgenerallord

DGL

Postby Darkgenerallord » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:34 am #477947

If I am elected, I swear to remove changeling (aka traitorchan) from the rotation. This is because it's a boring ass antagonist that has not been truly fixed for literal years.

also I'll make tctrading great again

Ayy Lemoh

Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Re: DGL

Postby Ayy Lemoh » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:39 am #477950

Darkgenerallord wrote:also I'll make tctrading great again

So we getting energy axes or what? I already know you won't give wizard for 20 tc so I won't bother asking.

obscolene

Byond Username: Obscolene

Postby obscolene » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:40 am #477952

sc#4622 | everybodygangstauntilnig.ga (UPDATED FREQUENTLY)

[03:46:59]EMOTE: The Dreamweaver/(Steve Leaf) : <b>Steve Leaf</b> starts jacking lizard dick. (129,128,2)
[03:47:33]SAY: Steve Leaf/The Dreamweaver : OH FUCK IM CHOAKING (129,128,2)
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage

Darkgenerallord

Postby Darkgenerallord » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:41 am #477953

Ayy Lemoh wrote:

So we getting energy axes or what? I already know you won't give wizard for 20 tc so I won't bother asking.

Generally setting up guidelines for TC trading and what their impact should be, and allowing chances for antagonists to bump up a tier under rare circumstances.

This isn't to say an admin can't ignore these guidelines if they so choose, but they should exist for players to have a better understanding of what they can do.
Last edited by Darkgenerallord on Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

wesoda25

Byond Username: Wesoda25

Postby wesoda25 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:41 am #477955

hoyl fucking shit hes running he’s actually running
Spoiler:
ImageImageImageImageImage

Shadowflame909

Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here
Byond Username: Shadowflame909

Postby Shadowflame909 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:44 am #477958

>Removing traitorlings from rotation

based.

Either add lings alone or remove the entire shitfest.

Having murderboning 11 tc bombers + infinite revival infinite adrenal implant infinite hidden concealable e-sword antagonists

just don't lead to a very fun environment for the non-antagonists.

Spoiler:

ThanatosRa wrote:My biggest problem is that I can't fix any of this.

Boris wrote:shadowflame either has a brain the size of a pea or one the size of the moon and he's playing 58D chess.

BeeSting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.

BebeYoshi wrote:Saltyflame909

Cobby wrote:The trash bin... have you lost your way home anon?

wubli

Byond Username: Wubli

Postby wubli » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:44 am #477959

Darkgenerallord wrote:If I am elected, I swear to remove changeling (aka traitorchan) from the rotation.

based
don't even post anything else this is enough for me
part time admin ♡ full time e̸̷͘l̕͝d̕r̛͘͢͟͡i҉҉t́͟͠c̷͝h̸̡͠ ̀̕͟ą͘͘͠b҉̕͠ò̸̡͢͞m̸̀̕͜͡i͞ǹ̕͟͞͝ą̸͘͟͞t͘͢͜i͏̵̛́͝ó̡͢ń̀͘͘
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i'm here to try

Not-Dorsidarf
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Postby Not-Dorsidarf » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:59 am #477972

Darkgenerallord wrote:
Ayy Lemoh wrote:

Generally setting up guidelines for TC trading and what their impact should be, and allowing chances for antagonists to bump up a tier under rare circumstances.

This isn't to say an admin can't ignore these guidelines if they so choose, but they should exist for players to have a better understanding of what they can do.

Do you feel that setting up (yet more) rules and policies to cover TC trades is likely to cheapen and/or standardise them and make them become an “expected” part of rounds rather than a special occasion?

What reasons do you have for removing yet another mode from rotation other than “I don’t like it”?
Still, my support will always go towards the rightful Lord of Yurop, God-Emperor Donald Trump the Trumpst. Trumpingrad for life. He'll make an indiscriminate number of countries great again.

Deadcomic

wesoda25

Byond Username: Wesoda25

Postby wesoda25 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:07 am #477982

The percentage of ling shifts is so low removal isn’t necessary. I haven’t rolled ling for like 3 months.

Although real talk lings should actually be built around stealth and disguise, in order to promote a sense of paranoia. I personally don’t want them gone, they’re fun to play and fun to play against. Lowering the percentage of ling rounds worked wonders.
Spoiler:
ImageImageImageImageImage

Darkgenerallord

Postby Darkgenerallord » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:11 am #477989

I do think it will make TC trades more common, but truthfully admins rarely give out TC trades. As a result, requests may rise, but I doubt they'll become that much more common.

Changelings are arguably the worst designed antagonist in the entire game. They have a vast amount of power with very few restrictions, are placed in a large team with invisible communications at roundstart, and are very difficult for most security teams to deal with. In addition, this is all added on top of a standard traitor round, leading to a very large number of antagonists, half of whom can very easily coordinate to send the round into a death spiral very quickly. This further pushes the game towards even shorter round lengths, which I feel is a negative thing.

Changelings have been extremely strong for a very long time, got a few minor nerfs, and are still extremely strong. In comparison to a traitor, they are blatantly superior. For an antagonist that originally started as something to breed paranoia, they're now just >traitor but stronger and they can regenerate

tldr; changeling rounds are very samey, short, and changelings are also overpowered as shit

Nervere

Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Postby Nervere » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:17 am #477997

Last headmin term, ling odds were lowered, and they were lowered even more during my term as we added more gamemodes to the pool. I think it's an okay state now, lings are powerful and sort of bullshit but I haven't seen them that often to warrant outright removal. Also, it's not good form to remove something from gamemode rotation without working with the codebase to solve the issues first. It should be a last resort.

Darkgenerallord

Postby Darkgenerallord » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:24 am #478008

a changeling left alive is one changeling too many

Kel

Byond Username: Jaraxxus

Postby Kel » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:31 am #478234

how many disappearing acts do you have planned during your term

bman
Github User

Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Postby bman » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:25 pm #478360

probably okay but i can't figure out anything else because of how barebones their headmin thread is. on the other hand, their thread being barebones may itself be a good thing because it tells me that they can deliver as much substance as elyina/roguesteampunker/whoeverthefuck WITHOUT the added-on vague fluff about "escalation bad i make it good".
pryce bax.

subject217
Github User

Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Postby subject217 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:03 pm #478389

The only bad thing about voting for DGL is that we just got him back and him being a headmin likely means we'll see him less ingame.

Or maybe that's a good thing if you're not fond of his animal sounds or playing entire operas as midis.
thankfully former admin
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=20553

Nervere

Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Postby Nervere » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:26 am #478436

The go-to admin for when you want to listen to the new season of Kitchen Nightmares, live, while playing SS13.

TheMythicGhost

Byond Username: TheMythicGhost

Postby TheMythicGhost » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:53 pm #478864

DGL would be a great candidate for establishing maybe better TC trade conduct? Literally has bar none the best TC trades of any admin, as they put creativity into TC trades where the person asks for something interesting (Like when I got CQC with the restriction of only being able to use knockout, and no other weapons and was granted a piece of traitor gear for each 5-10 people I knocked out with CQC.)

Would vote for solely on the basis of removing traitor-chan, as these need to be consolidated to their own individual gamemodes due to issues with traitors metabuddying with the round's lings, and giving them equipment they would otherwise not have access to just because they're friendly with that ckey which sends the round immediately into irredeemable hell (People like Lexia commonly get Sleeping Carp and Gloves of the North Star from people that are friendly with them round to round just on the basis of trying to send the round into a deathspiral).
Hi, I play Respii Varenos on Bagil.
everyone when referring to respii wrote:she

deedubya wrote:Posts you don't like aren't illegitimate. Points you don't agree with aren't disproven just because you post a disagreement. Points of view that can negatively affect you(a greyshirt main) aren't automatically negative as a whole.

The sooner you learn things like this, the sooner you can actually participate in fair and open discourse, instead of just screeching like a child when someone wants to take away the toys you use that have been abused constantly.

PKPenguin321
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Postby PKPenguin321 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:57 pm #479256

Burned out and deadminned then readminned like 3 times while I was headmin and has done so even more since then, apparently. I like this guy but headmin is definitely a bad role for him
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:

CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Postby CitrusGender » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:43 pm #479667

Good to have you back DGL. You're extremely knowledgeable about the game and I think it definitely shows in comparison to everyone else here. My only concern is that I know that you're constantly bouncing in and out of the game since you've admined and dead mined a few times. Do you think that being headmin would change that? It's much harder to like leave in the middle of the term since the headmins would need to find someone to replace you.
Code: Select all
You can't eat the orange, and throw the peel away - a man is not a piece of fruit.

Darkgenerallord

Postby Darkgenerallord » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:18 am #479839

tbh I'll probably play less but it'll be fine

Zarniwoop

Byond Username: Dagum

Postby Zarniwoop » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:33 am #480345

This is a safe candidate to put up top.

Return to Archived/Deleted