[Deleted] it's me, Laura Kohr-ah / LibbySnow

Resolved.

Moderator: Board Moderators

Reeeee

Byond Username: LibbySnow

it's me, Laura Kohr-ah / LibbySnow

Postby Reeeee » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:41 pm #478403

I wanna be headmin.
So I can do nothing for nobody and avoid responsibility on the internet.

Except memes i guess where i do fun stuff happen and kill spessmen with meteors repeatedly until i get deadminned.
Therefore this thread.
Also also to avoid uh, being low effort;

I'm fully aware what admining means, it's babysitting and not in a fun way, but as i said, i am going to avoid that and just do, like, nothing.
But i mean if you want a headmin that really doesn't feel all that strongly about anything, vote for me?
I mean that's not a bad thing, is it?
I won't be campaigning for anything one way or another to fuck up your experience on TG any more than it already has been.
sure, i'd like to tweak some things when it comes to escalation and cloning but personal opinions hardly matter to ya'll soi won't be bringing those up any more than to mention them so i can be what, like, open about opinion onions i have.

Speaking of, i haven't read the rules and i probably never will.
That's not a requirement, is it? I hope it's not.
Didn't manage to keep me out of trouble this long.
I have outstanding permanent command ban for "being too irresponsible for command positions"; I think leaving a SM shard as captain into the most busiest hallway is fucking ha-la-ri-ous, but i guess nobody else thought so. Well, not the admin at the time.
That's why i haven't argued to repeal it I guess.
Also I have a permanent silicon ban after skirting it like three times and just decided fuck it, people are too whiny about borgs and never going to repeal it unless Asi-fucking-mov is removed as base rule set because it's fucking cancer and ebola all in convenient package to make people salty, shame, engiborg was fun.
Being force-converted to SS by the captain and then welding his eyes until he stopped being hitler was apparently rule breaking tho so i gave up trying to have fun as one.

That's also, uh, kinda my viewpoint on silicons and uh, banning for fun shit. If it objectively *is* funny, you get a pass.

Someone said something about bans affecting the thing so i made mine like in the open because fuck why not. Maybe it had a time limit, who knows.

I also, uh, play the game.
Unlike any of these other fools. :D
I'm hella unrobust catgirl pacifist and can make a single tile singulo without containment stable and i main robutticist and mime because i'm boring.

There was mention about how my head admin slot would affect YOU as a gamer of a fucking 13 year old atmos simulator when it comes to policies and decisions.
I have no interest in pushing any agenda political or non-political.
Hopefully, you wont even notice if there comes a time when admin choir *has* to act.
I don't want to make your playing experience anything but fun, someone bossing around going "no the game has to be played like THIS" just seems to kill all the fun in it, ergo, fuck acting on policy unless it's actually killing the enjoyment.

Except you will be randomly cattified/lizarded when you start acting as racist fucks against imaginary races.
Which you do, constantly, with gleeful abandon, for no discernible reason.

Few thing for realsies tho;

I will ban Donut from the map rotation. Unless it becomes not-donut somehow.

Silicons will get Asimov replaced with something far more sensible than ruleset that the creator of called "fucking broken shit" and made his living on writing books about bobots who broke that ruleset. And no, none of you EVER have been smart about asimov, all you do is scream "NO HUMAN HARM" when sec does it's job. That's one policy discussion I will make happen.

And somehow Security has to have something done to it, it's a sad state of being when all the valid hunters are NOT security and instead roll assistant.
Maybe space law has to be re written but hopefully nothing drastic. It might come to that to get people enjoy getting their valids as "upright and productive members of security".

That being said, i just wanna make stupid shit happen in the game mostly.
Like putting a concrete beachballs on the station and making everyone a pacifist for a nuke op round.
Arguing about fucking asimov is boring and essentially changes nothing and i don't actually use forums lul, i just play spacemans.

As far as campaign promises go, i promise fukken nothing, get rekt.

Any questions i guess go below this and i may actually read them possibly and then uh, reply?
Last edited by Reeeee on Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
signnatrire
fuck you I play the same catgirl with split personality on two different slots
of course my opinion is invalid you retard

oranges
Code Maintainer

Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: it's me, Laura Kohr-ah / LibbySnow

Postby oranges » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:42 pm #478408

I don't believe you intend to run seriously so I'm denying this campaign, dm your reasons I should do otherwise.

edit: spoken to this person and they indicated they are serious about running.

I've asked them to clean up their thread and remove references to the codebase.

Not-Dorsidarf
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Postby Not-Dorsidarf » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:00 am #478448

You’ve stated that security “needs something done to it”

How do you feel that the security in the game needs to change? Do they need to return to more supervision? Less? Would you make your rewritten spacelaw admin-enforced?

You’ve stated in your thread that you want to be the candidate that doesn’t fuck with players experience, but also suggested changes to just about every controversial policy topic except ERP (Escalation, Removing ASIMOV for an unspecified pro-security lawset, cloning, security policy, and nonhuman races).)

In your opinion, what sort of headmin activity would be rocking the boat or being noticeable to players? Turning the servers off for your entire term?
Still, my support will always go towards the rightful Lord of Yurop, God-Emperor Donald Trump the Trumpst. Trumpingrad for life. He'll make an indiscriminate number of countries great again.

Deadcomic

Reeeee

Postby Reeeee » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:43 am #478462

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:How do you feel that the security in the game needs to change? Do they need to return to more supervision? Less? Would you make your rewritten spacelaw admin-enforced?

I think security needs to be freer to do it's shit.
More supervision never goes down well, game is supposed to be played and play, not be micromanaged.
Maybe some tools to help it be more effective, but that's nothing i can change, would help.

And spacelaw condensed down to simple rules of thumb instead of the messy list it is now.
Or was when I last read it.
It should be simple enough to be understood in five minutes without someone looking over your shoulder.

I get it's someones pet project from time before, but /tg/ is too fast paced, imo, for security to be effective at it's job with separate rulings for whats fair and what's not.
You got like, six, seven different punishments and fifteen different crimes. and variance between them varies massively.

What is the "spacelaw" is going to be it's own thread since everyone has an onion on what's fair.
But shortly?
5 minute sentence for fucking the station up, gulag for actual sabotage and perma or execution for lings/murdertators.
Simple, covers most of it, and if you have to think, you can make it fair along those lines.
Maybe even condense it more down to some abbreviation.
"five for shitlery, perma for tatorin and life for murderfuckery"
Beyond that, code of conduct would help massively. Admin enforced? Hard to and very micromanagey.
"He said she said" things are not fun and it would be that if enforced.
Code of Conduct like "do not lie, do not steal, do not cause harm unless absolutely required".
Make it be part of the MindShield Implant?
Force roleplay i guess.

I don't think any sentence above 5 minutes is "fair" to anyone and just leads to SSDing in the brig, even if they do deserve it, just gulag them then, makes prison escapes a possibility.

Beyond that, more freedom. Sec officers as is are mostly lootbags because they have to wait for something to happen and are very limited on response.

As much as i hate it, sec officers free from escalation rules?
Then again, that would assume none are murderfucking shitheads, so, yeah...
that would technically work as long as everyone agrees to keep the perps alive until sentencing is done.
It's all thin veneer of bureaucracy on barbarism anyway.
Sec will always be shit if the players are and no-one wants to be known as shitler, guilty by association.

But i thinkses most important thing is to dumb the spacelaw down as starters, then have a code of conduct ratified.
Security does not work if it's not respected and people fight sec to death on minor crimes.
Knowing that security HAS TO treat you with level of dignity and respect would go a long way ensuring SOME respect is given and earned both ways.
Also, you know, not stealing fucking EVERYTHING and tossing it into the evidence lockers for slipping a officer.

Knowing that breaking glasses nets you few minutes would make it far more likely people actually surrender instead of murderboning the poor lootbag.
signnatrire

lmwevil
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Lmwevil

Postby lmwevil » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:51 am #478464

y i k e s please don't line break every sentence it's so hard to read

Reeeee

Postby Reeeee » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:53 am #478465

I hope this forum automerges or i get beaned for this, oh well.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:You’ve stated in your thread that you want to be the candidate that doesn’t fuck with players experience, but also suggested changes to just about every controversial policy topic except ERP (Escalation, Removing ASIMOV for an unspecified pro-security lawset, cloning, security policy, and nonhuman races).)

These are my feelings about thingies i would be likely to discuss when i sit on the cardboard throne but honestly, i'm far too lazy to DRIVE THE AGENDA.
Me being head would mean fukken nothing changes unless i'm literally forced to do something because piles of hatemail.
This is like, "who am i" thread, no?
Ask the thingies, I respond.
And aren't the hot topics the things you are supposed to base your candidacy on?
These are the thingies that bother people so i have to let people know my stance, ya?

It's all talk but am i gonna DO anything? Hell naw.
Imma just gonna sit there and make medibots radioactive until they deadmin me for it.
signnatrire

lmwevil
In-Game Admin

Postby lmwevil » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:55 am #478466

so you aren't campaigning at all and you just want admin to abuse it, absolutely golden

Reeeee

Postby Reeeee » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:55 am #478467

lmwevil wrote:y i k e s please don't line break every sentence it's so hard to read

I will.
Just to annoy people.
I have been too long on IRC to understand forum formatting, sue me.
communication is done in single lines.
Or edit it if it bothers you that much.

This i added just for you tho.
signnatrire

lmwevil
In-Game Admin

Postby lmwevil » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:59 am #478469

there's not a redeeming thing i can find in this thread, and it's causing me physical pain how little you've thought through anything you've posted - either way i've re-reported this to oranges for being a joke thread

Not-Dorsidarf
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Postby Not-Dorsidarf » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:00 am #478471

How do you plan to enforce the rules as the final appeal of authority on tgstation if you refuse to read the rules? This is one of the most important roles of a headmin. Why should the players vote you as their representative if you admit that you will not in fact represent them?
Still, my support will always go towards the rightful Lord of Yurop, God-Emperor Donald Trump the Trumpst. Trumpingrad for life. He'll make an indiscriminate number of countries great again.

Deadcomic

obscolene

Byond Username: Obscolene

Postby obscolene » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:04 am #478473

shit thread
sc#4622 | everybodygangstauntilnig.ga (UPDATED FREQUENTLY)

[03:46:59]EMOTE: The Dreamweaver/(Steve Leaf) : <b>Steve Leaf</b> starts jacking lizard dick. (129,128,2)
[03:47:33]SAY: Steve Leaf/The Dreamweaver : OH FUCK IM CHOAKING (129,128,2)
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage

Ayy Lemoh

Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Postby Ayy Lemoh » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:04 am #478474

lmwevil wrote:there's not a redeeming thing i can find in this thread, and it's causing me physical pain how little you've thought through anything you've posted - either way i've re-reported this to oranges for being a joke thread

"this is a joke" -the mastermind behind all the meme questions in the candidate threads section

no offense tho

lmwevil
In-Game Admin

Postby lmwevil » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:06 am #478476

hey hey jerry, you know full well i did this last election too - plus they're all ver srs

Reeeee

Postby Reeeee » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:07 am #478477

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:How do you plan to enforce the rules as the final appeal of authority on tgstation if you refuse to read the rules? This is one of the most important roles of a headmin. Why should the players vote you as their representative if you admit that you will not in fact represent them?

I dunno, being honest?
Haven't refused, just never got around to it. Seems to work for me tho, "don't be shitler" haven't been permabeaned yet. Maybe i might actually even read them if this goes anywhere.
Usually it doesn't since people are so srs about these things since vidjageims.
signnatrire

lmwevil
In-Game Admin

Postby lmwevil » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:08 am #478478

Reeeee wrote:
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:How do you plan to enforce the rules as the final appeal of authority on tgstation if you refuse to read the rules? This is one of the most important roles of a headmin. Why should the players vote you as their representative if you admit that you will not in fact represent them?

I dunno, being honest?
Haven't refused, just never got around to it. Seems to work for me tho, "don't be shitler" haven't been permabeaned yet. Maybe i might actually even read them if this goes anywhere.
Usually it doesn't since people are so srs about these things since vidjageims.

how can you genuinely say you want to run to help run the place if you refuse to learn even the basics of how we function you brainlet

Reeeee

Postby Reeeee » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:15 am #478482

lmwevil wrote:how can you genuinely say you want to run to help run the place if you refuse to learn even the basics of how we function you brainlet

I think I answered that already in the above post tho.
Yes, yes i did.
signnatrire

wesoda25

Byond Username: Wesoda25

Postby wesoda25 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:53 am #478522

Why was this thread unlocked
Spoiler:
ImageImageImageImageImage

oranges
Code Maintainer

Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Postby oranges » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:06 am #478529

They've indicated they intend to actually run, I have no reason to not believe them. Just because their platform isn't descriptive is not a reason to completely prevent them running. After all, they're the one who won't get any votes.

Reeeee

Postby Reeeee » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:16 am #478534

Yeah, even brainlets like me can run. You could just ax if you wonder about sumting, but i guess we are just being brainlets and consider having opinions same as wanting to enforce them.
HOORAY FOR ZERO VOTES I GUESS.
signnatrire

pubby
Github User

Byond Username: Pubby
Github Username: pubby

Postby pubby » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:42 am #479169

What do you think of Star Control Origins and the lawsuit surrounding it?

Reeeee

Postby Reeeee » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:04 am #479183

pubby wrote:What do you think of Star Control Origins and the lawsuit surrounding it?

Kinda nothing, games were what they were and no one can change that now.
signnatrire

Zarniwoop

Byond Username: Dagum

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:20 pm #480330

Sounds like this candidate legitimately wants to help improve the community, but their defeatism on the matter makes the effort ultimately pointless. Put your will out there, it won't always take hold but it has a way of rippling out there.

Return to Archived/Deleted