[Deleted] plapatin - I Am The Senate

Resolved.

Moderator: Board Moderators

Plapatin
In-Game Game Master

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:
Byond Username: Plapatin

plapatin - I Am The Senate

Postby Plapatin » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:30 am #509809

I Am The Senate

it's me, plapatin. i'm going to preface this with the fact that i am exclusively running because i want to make a really stupid star wars joke. it's the one i just made

wow plapatin, you're so funny and cool and are really good at tf2, but what will you REALLY do
i have a few plans that i want to see in action.
first on my priority is i want to make sure that terry (and event hall) get a lot more attention administration-wise than they do currently. i keep seeing lots of admins flow in and out, but yet i keep finding myself logging into event hall and there pretty consistently being few (if any) admins during the times when it needs those admins the most. i want to make sure we get a lot more terry (and event hall)mins in instead of the usual sybil candidates

community meetings
a while ago i made an ntr hut post about how i'd like to see community meetings treated like headmin candidate threads but for all the headmins at once. i think making sure that the players understand what the admins are working towards is a great idea, and i want to keep doing this, but at the very least i'd like the meetings made (or recorded) in a way that's easily accessible and easy to review afterwards. relying on 1 or 2 people to document the whole thing just doesn't seem like a very effective solution for something that you want everybody to see. it doesn't HAVE to be in the forums, but i'd like it changed out of voice chat.

escalation policy
i guarantee this is on most other (if not every other) headmin's agenda as well, but if by some miracle the others don't address it first i have a few ideas drafted for making it more concise and reasonable. specifically, i want to see space law reworked to fit more within the "feel" of current /tg/ and be able to referenced as actual security policy, instead of just a general guideline, and have escalation policy be worked in with that as well.

charity event
toolboxing for a cause was the most fun event i've seen in years. i wanna do another this term. that's about it really

roleplay server
does anyone actually play on sybil 2?
i want to make sure that sybil 2 isn't just an auxillary server. i want to give it medium roleplay-enforced rules instead of low-roleplay, so it actually serves a purpose. (this will also probably include making a seperate banlist for the server but that's beyond what i could do as a headmin.) that way it doesn't intrude on the people who enjoy what makes low roleplay so fun and charming, but it improves the experience of those that want to take a step back and enjoy the more calm atmosphere of a higher roleplay enviroment.

drone policy
drones are a fucking mess. although this isn't necessarily a headmin thing i really want to see them sorted out so we can get them back into the game, and i think a good first step into doing that is fixing their laws and making policy for them much more clear.

that's all i have to say for right now. thanks for stopping by
Last edited by Plapatin on Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wesoda25 wrote:i had a dream that me and some friends were like in this tribal village and we were all doing cocaine around this massive bonfire and I kept seeing all these foreshadowing elements that we were gonna die but i just did more cocaine

wesoda25

Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: plapatin - I Am The Senate

Postby wesoda25 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:44 am #509814

Do you have any specific ideas related to escalation though? Specific wording in thought? I feel theres 0 point in mentioning it otherwise since literally every candidate has done so in the past.

Anyways I think is the safe vote this term you guys. I think plapatin might be pretty reminiscent of nervere, so if you liked that go with him.

Plapatin
In-Game Game Master

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby Plapatin » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:13 am #509829

wesoda25 wrote:Do you have any specific ideas related to escalation though? Specific wording in thought? I feel theres 0 point in mentioning it otherwise since literally every candidate has done so in the past.

Anyways I think is the safe vote this term you guys. I think plapatin might be pretty reminiscent of nervere, so if you liked that go with him.

nothing i've drafted has really stuck with me, to be quite honest. however i wanted to incorporate escalation into space law, then make space law an actual policy guide for security.
most of my ideas have been floating around that, so i haven't explored much outside of it.
wesoda25 wrote:i had a dream that me and some friends were like in this tribal village and we were all doing cocaine around this massive bonfire and I kept seeing all these foreshadowing elements that we were gonna die but i just did more cocaine

Arianya
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Arianya

Postby Arianya » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:00 am #509952

Plapatin wrote:wow plapatin, you're so funny and cool and are really good at tf2, but what will you REALLY do
i have a few plans that i want to see in action.
first on my priority is i want to make sure that terry (and event hall) get a lot more attention administration-wise than they do currently. i keep seeing lots of admins flow in and out, but yet i keep finding myself logging into event hall and there pretty consistently being few (if any) admins during the times when it needs those admins the most. i want to make sure we get a lot more terry (and event hall)mins in instead of the usual sybil candidates

While focusing candidates from a particular server is a strategy that has worked well in the past, event hall especially is notorious for being the functional equivalent of a moshpit full of people slamming into each other for admins. What is your plan if there are no likely candidates from that server or those that do exist leave before completing trial?

community meetings
a while ago i made an ntr hut post about how i'd like to see community meetings treated like headmin candidate threads but for all the headmins at once. i think making sure that the players understand what the admins are working towards is a great idea, and i want to keep doing this, but at the very least i'd like the meetings made (or recorded) in a way that's easily accessible and easy to review afterwards. relying on 1 or 2 people to document the whole thing just doesn't seem like a very effective solution for something that you want everybody to see. it doesn't HAVE to be in the forums, but i'd like it changed out of voice chat.

Due to the nature of timezones and personal lives, it's very possible that not all 3 headmins will be present for a community meeting, bearing in mind we have players from oceania to the west coast of the continental US (do we have any hawaiians yet? That'd be cool), so I can see the value in it not being in a voice chat. That said, most other forms of discussion tend to be by their nature much slower and so this might reduce the number of topics that can be discussed. Is this an acceptable trade off for you?

escalation policy
i guarantee this is on most other (if not every other) headmin's agenda as well, but if by some miracle the others don't address it first i have a few ideas drafted for making it more concise and reasonable. specifically, i want to see space law reworked to fit more within the "feel" of current /tg/ and be able to referenced as actual security policy, instead of just a general guideline, and have escalation policy be worked in with that as well.

nothing i've drafted has really stuck with me, to be quite honest. however i wanted to incorporate escalation into space law, then make space law an actual policy guide for security.
most of my ideas have been floating around that, so i haven't explored much outside of it.

Space law defacto has no relation to escalation currently, since security are generally exempt from it - are you intending to create new space law with relation to "self defense" or whatever?

Also, space law is notably much harsher then the average culture of /tg/ at the moment. Do you intend to rework space law in such a way that it better suits the culture before making it policy? Or do you intend to shift the culture to fit current Space Law?

charity event
toolboxing for a cause was the most fun event i've seen in years. i wanna do another this term. that's about it really

Are you proposing to run it or merely stating that you would be open to one being run? The latter seems kinda empty, since no one has ever really opposed the event.

roleplay server
does anyone actually play on sybil 2?
i want to make sure that sybil 2 isn't just an auxillary server. i want to give it medium roleplay-enforced rules instead of low-roleplay, so it actually serves a purpose. (this will also probably include making a seperate banlist for the server but that's beyond what i could do as a headmin.) that way it doesn't intrude on the people who enjoy what makes low roleplay so fun and charming, but it improves the experience of those that want to take a step back and enjoy the more calm atmosphere of a higher roleplay enviroment.

I don't like to copy paste questions (and oranges will shout at me) but my question is almost identical for this one so: Having seperate servers with seperate "levels of RP"/rulesets creates a big issue of server culture clash and admin enforcement. Do you intend to staff this server with a seperate set of admins who only moderate the "dedicated RP server"?

Additionally, with seperate banlists and the general attitude of /tg/ players, do you not worry that people with no interest in MRP will intentionally try to sabotage/"play pranks" on the MRP server, safe in the knowledge that their main-/tg/ access won't be affected?

drone policy
drones are a fucking mess. although this isn't necessarily a headmin thing i really want to see them sorted out so we can get them back into the game, and i think a good first step into doing that is fixing their laws and making policy for them much more clear.

Headcoder opinion might differ on this, but drone dispensers were removed at headmin request so in theory they wouldn't mind re-implementing them at headmin request. In theory, anyway.

That aside though, drone policy/laws is something that many people and headmins struggled with for a long time with seemingly little success. What do you have in mind that might be different enough to make them work this time?
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg

Plapatin
In-Game Game Master

Postby Plapatin » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:20 am #509955

Arianya wrote:While focusing candidates from a particular server is a strategy that has worked well in the past, event hall especially is notorious for being the functional equivalent of a moshpit full of people slamming into each other for admins. What is your plan if there are no likely candidates from that server or those that do exist leave before completing trial?

i think if you took a step inside event hall in the more recent times you'll find that it's become rather peaceful. most of the bad eggs either got banned or lost interest in the game, and now the only people left are those that enjoyed the game so much that they wanted to keep playing AND managed to not get banned during the ssethtide. i have full confidence that i will be able to find more than a few event hall candidates
Arianya wrote:Due to the nature of timezones and personal lives, it's very possible that not all 3 headmins will be present for a community meeting, bearing in mind we have players from oceania to the west coast of the continental US (do we have any hawaiians yet? That'd be cool), so I can see the value in it not being in a voice chat. That said, most other forms of discussion tend to be by their nature much slower and so this might reduce the number of topics that can be discussed. Is this an acceptable trade off for you?

yes. i decided to include this in my candidate thread knowing full well that it would be much slower-paced, but i think that making sure that everybody knows what is actually discussed and can access that discussion easily should be very important to the meetings.
Arianya wrote:Space law defacto has no relation to escalation currently, since security are generally exempt from it - are you intending to create new space law with relation to "self defense" or whatever?

Also, space law is notably much harsher then the average culture of /tg/ at the moment. Do you intend to rework space law in such a way that it better suits the culture before making it policy? Or do you intend to shift the culture to fit current Space Law?

yes and the former. granted, this is all hypothetical and nothing i've drafted has been very concrete, and i really only plan to try and do something about if none of the other headmins have any ideas.
Arianya wrote:Are you proposing to run it or merely stating that you would be open to one being run? The latter seems kinda empty, since no one has ever really opposed the event.

i'll run it, if nobody else wants to. i found it to be really fun and i wouldn't be opposed to getting it running again, even if it meant handling the reins myself.
Arianya wrote:I don't like to copy paste questions (and oranges will shout at me) but my question is almost identical for this one so: Having seperate servers with seperate "levels of RP"/rulesets creates a big issue of server culture clash and admin enforcement. Do you intend to staff this server with a seperate set of admins who only moderate the "dedicated RP server"?

Additionally, with seperate banlists and the general attitude of /tg/ players, do you not worry that people with no interest in MRP will intentionally try to sabotage/"play pranks" on the MRP server, safe in the knowledge that their main-/tg/ access won't be affected?

for your first question, i think that having a seperate admin list is a perfectly good idea. TGMC seems to work with it just fine, and they pretty often hire admins from us as well.
for your second, i said this will PROBABLY include a seperate banlist. i wasn't sold on the idea when i made this post and i'm still not sold on it now, but I can definitely work out a "grief bans will be mirrored" policy or something similar if need be.
Arianya wrote:Headcoder opinion might differ on this, but drone dispensers were removed at headmin request so in theory they wouldn't mind re-implementing them at headmin request. In theory, anyway.

That aside though, drone policy/laws is something that many people and headmins struggled with for a long time with seemingly little success. What do you have in mind that might be different enough to make them work this time?

honest to god i was thinking of just copying the mommi policy from /vg/, since that's seemed to work with them really well so far. specifically, i liked how concise the KEEPER lawset was, and i also liked how mommis could chat with the ai and borgs in binary, and could emote at humans (but not actually interact with them)

Arianya
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Arianya

Postby Arianya » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:30 am #509958

Plapatin wrote:yes. i decided to include this in my candidate thread knowing full well that it would be much slower-paced, but i think that making sure that everybody knows what is actually discussed and can access that discussion easily should be very important to the meetings.

As a follow on question then, generally headmins avoid expressing individual opinions on rules/policy since it's confusing for the playerbase if one headmins says x but then a voting majority of headmins decides y. Given that a more slow paced medium might well involve one headmin saying "x" in response to a question only for the other two to say "y" later on, how do you intend avoiding issues relating to this?

for your first question, i think that having a seperate admin list is a perfectly good idea. TGMC seems to work with it just fine, and they pretty often hire admins from us as well.
for your second, i said this will PROBABLY include a seperate banlist. i wasn't sold on the idea when i made this post and i'm still not sold on it now, but I can definitely work out a "grief bans will be mirrored" policy or something similar if need be.

Personally, I've found the TGMC transplants to be some of the worst admins we've had, but that's just my 2 cents, to be fair. :^)

honest to god i was thinking of just copying the mommi policy from /vg/, since that's seemed to work with them really well so far. specifically, i liked how concise the KEEPER lawset was, and i also liked how mommis could chat with the ai and borgs in binary, and could emote at humans (but not actually interact with them)

If my memory servers, this has been suggested in the past, but has generally not been met well as /vg/ does operate a different culture from us and so their MOMMI rules wouldn't necessarily work as smoothly for us. That's not an argument against trying them, but just a general advisory that stuff that works well for /vg/ won't necessarily work well for /tg/.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg

Plapatin
In-Game Game Master

Postby Plapatin » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:42 am #509963

Arianya wrote:As a follow on question then, generally headmins avoid expressing individual opinions on rules/policy since it's confusing for the playerbase if one headmins says x but then a voting majority of headmins decides y. Given that a more slow paced medium might well involve one headmin saying "x" in response to a question only for the other two to say "y" later on, how do you intend avoiding issues relating to this?

we'll create our own policy discussion subforum,with blackjack and hookers

Arianya wrote:Personally, I've found the TGMC transplants to be some of the worst admins we've had, but that's just my 2 cents, to be fair. :^)

Arianya wrote:If my memory servers, this has been suggested in the past, but has generally not been met well as /vg/ does operate a different culture from us and so their MOMMI rules wouldn't necessarily work as smoothly for us. That's not an argument against trying them, but just a general advisory that stuff that works well for /vg/ won't necessarily work well for /tg/.

i'll keep this in mind, then

Reeeee

Byond Username: LibbySnow

Postby Reeeee » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:29 pm #510136

Literally a jokemin and silly shit being raised to fore.

Nop.
signnatrire

PKPenguin321
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Postby PKPenguin321 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:33 am #510256

Reeeee wrote:Literally a jokemin and silly shit being raised to fore.

Nop.

Genuinely what do you mean by this?
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:

Return to Archived/Deleted