Resolved.

Moderator: Board Moderators

jcll
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Jcll
Github Username: jcll

Jcll- Running to make needed changes

Postby jcll » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:46 am #509854

Hello! I am jcll/Lydia Bailey been playing /tg/station since 2015 and been an admin for about two years now.
I try to always treat people with kindness and am loyal to a fault. Work hard and am relatively technically competent in operations and security. My PM's on discord are always open and I am open to talking to anyone or answering questions here as well. If you ever need help or just want to chat I am here to help and serve the community.

First of all we need to address some of the host issue. With MSO being busy or taking care of his own life at the moment. (I know he is trying his best) there needs to be a proper operations team formed to handle day to day issues and take the load off with emergent threats and issues. As well as working to strengthening our security and DDOS protections. And for the operations team I'd like to have it built including members of the community who have proven themselves as useful and competent people even if they are not currently on the admin team.

Next. We need to address ban appeals not being handled in a timely manner. As well as making sure the team handles things as efficiently as possible. Things like Bobbahs posting in appeal threads has been very helpful and I'd push for adding a RSS bot into /tg/ discord so admins can see appeals as they come in.

And lastly banning toxic members of the community (users that have received multi permabans without improvement) without all the waffling. Past administrations have worked really hard and done a great job. But I think we can act faster to excise issues as they come up

And some admin team based issues I'd like to address are Killing #TGS-leads and making sure that normal admins have the powers they need to do their jobs properly. Such as seeing if we can figure out a way to give admins ban permission on discord as well as setting things up to result is less friction. Like my idea of giving admin candidates the ability to join the training channel without having to be dragged.

Arianya
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Arianya

Re: Jcll- Running to make needed changes

Postby Arianya » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:43 am #509964

jcll wrote:First of all we need to address some of the host issue. With MSO being busy or taking care of his own life at the moment. (I know he is trying his best) there needs to be a proper operations team formed to handle day to day issues and take the load off with emergent threats and issues. As well as working to strengthening our security and DDOS protections. And for the operations team I'd like to have it built including members of the community who have proven themselves as useful and competent people even if they are not currently on the admin team.

Aside from the fact that an ops team is purely at MSOs discretion (and he might have no intention of implementing one or the time to ensure they have the required tools/access needed), this stratifies conversation and information. For example, are you suggesting this would be an additional role, seperate from the KeyHolders who currently have remote access to the servers? As this would create a divide between important information regarding "emergent threats and issues" being properly communicated even to them, let alone to administrators or players down the line.

Your last line is also somewhat vague. What qualifies someone for the ops team? As an example, we have players who have contributed large amounts to the codebase, but who I wouldn't necessarily trust or expect to have much input to give on cybersecurity or network optimization.

Next. We need to address ban appeals not being handled in a timely manner. As well as making sure the team handles things as efficiently as possible. Things like Bobbahs posting in appeal threads has been very helpful and I'd push for adding a RSS bot into /tg/ discord so admins can see appeals as they come in.

If I can toot my term's horn for a second, one of the big positive changes we achieved was streamlining and seperating the chats so that serious discussion wasn't swamped by chatter and discussion in general wasn't drowned out by bots. With that in mind, and given the general timeline of bans (ignoring recent outliers), would a RSS bot really be the most useful addition to mostly clean channels of communication?

And lastly banning toxic members of the community (users that have received multi permabans without improvement) without all the waffling. Past administrations have worked really hard and done a great job. But I think we can act faster to excise issues as they come up

Not to start an argument, but what exactly do you intend to do differently here? Permabanned players are generally re-permabanned if they fail a chance at mercy that has been given to them, and ultimately your own ban would only last your term, at least, if say, the next term's headmins decided to give someone a second chance. I'm aware it's not really nice or fair to discuss specifics, but I'm not really aware of much "waffling" as it were.

And some admin team based issues I'd like to address are Killing #TGS-leads and making sure that normal admins have the powers they need to do their jobs properly. Such as seeing if we can figure out a way to give admins ban permission on discord as well as setting things up to result is less friction. Like my idea of giving admin candidates the ability to join the training channel without having to be dragged.

Ban permissions on discord are a notoriously dangerous permission due to the fact that it has permissions to permanently delete all of a users posts in the discord, ever, with no way to rewind or rollback. Given that this permission currently sits with headmins and the game masters, what holes do you think exist in our coverage that would justify increasing access to a dangerous permission?

Could I also ask what exactly your concern is with #tgs-leads? You just note you want to kill it without any real explanation or reasoning.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg

Reeeee

Byond Username: LibbySnow

Postby Reeeee » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:30 pm #510137

Too cute to make hard decisions, admits bias in first paragraph.
Cool person i guess.

Noope.
signnatrire
fuck you I play the same catgirl with split personality on two different slots
of course my opinion is invalid you retard

jcll
In-Game Admin

Postby jcll » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:21 pm #510460

I may be cute. But I am extremely ready to make hard decisions and act in the best interest of this server..

lmwevil
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Lmwevil

Postby lmwevil » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:04 am #510573

jcll wrote:I may be cute. But I am extremely ready to make hard decisions and act in the best interest of this server..

have you tried answering the questions people pose of you?

deedubya

Byond Username: Deedubya

Postby deedubya » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:53 am #510603

I'm just going to present the elephant in the room right off the bat.

9 connections and only 20 minutes logged as Ghost in the past 60 days, according to the statbus. Why should someone so out of touch with the active playerbase they wish to represent be allowed to do so?
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head

wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums

IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior

Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!

TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.

Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway

annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.

jcll
In-Game Admin

Postby jcll » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:04 am #510606

deedubya wrote:I'm just going to present the elephant in the room right off the bat.

9 connections and only 20 minutes logged as Ghost in the past 60 days, according to the statbus. Why should someone so out of touch with the active playerbase they wish to represent be allowed to do so?

There is a difference between not being active in game and not active in the community I am #27 in discord talking rank with 99% of that being in the admin channels and during past terms I was #2-3

I am for making sure things are running correctly and to handle issues that come up. As I have played a not small role in before. As well as making sure our infrastructure is handled properly,

And there is a benefit of having one of the three not be overly emotionally invested in in-gane issues, it leads to an objectivity check that helps prevent rash decisions.

Reeeee

Postby Reeeee » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:58 am #510724

Oh, you actually responded. Neat.

You do know it's SEVEN separate servers, right? right?
That's a typo?
You aren't just saying A SERVER because you have played on just one of them thinking that's the entire thing and screamed in Discord enough to get your numbers up and you think that matters how?
Typing a lot in discord that has literally nothing to do with the SS13 nor is it being part of any goddamn community I am part of.
20 minutes logged as Ghost in the past 60 day

It's you just back seating what others are doing without any real investment in it, why do you even care at this point?

Maybe *play* the said game and then say you care about it and people in it.

You area cool person but c'mon.
signnatrire

jcll
In-Game Admin

Postby jcll » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:16 am #510732

Reeeee wrote:Oh, you actually responded. Neat.

You do know it's SEVEN separate servers, right? right?
That's a typo?
You aren't just saying A SERVER because you have played on just one of them thinking that's the entire thing and screamed in Discord enough to get your numbers up and you think that matters how?
Typing a lot in discord that has literally nothing to do with the SS13 nor is it being part of any goddamn community I am part of.
20 minutes logged as Ghost in the past 60 day

It's you just back seating what others are doing without any real investment in it, why do you even care at this point?

Maybe *play* the said game and then say you care about it and people in it.

You area cool person but c'mon.

Se libby. Now you are just trying to be pedantic. We are a "server" community. a game server community. And yes I don't play much in game lately. But that does not mean I don't care just as much as any of the other candidates about our community. And the fact that you seem to think its all just "screaming" in discord shows just how little you understand of how administration works or the issues we face on a daily basis.

Krusvik
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Krusvik

Postby Krusvik » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:45 am #510736

Jcll wrote:And some admin team based issues I'd like to address are Killing #TGS-leads

Why do you hate me?

jcll
In-Game Admin

Postby jcll » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:50 am #510737

Krusvik wrote:
Jcll wrote:And some admin team based issues I'd like to address are Killing #TGS-leads

Why do you hate me?

I don't hate you! I dislike the fact that there is server and community issues being discussed in a channel that the admin team at large has no access to and has proven to be a cause of drama in the past. Killing #tgs-leads might be too far of a solution but I still think its the right one.An alternative is changing it so it that it's read only by the rest of the team so at least we can be sure that there is proper transparency.

Reeeee

Postby Reeeee » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:31 am #510746

jcll wrote:how little you understand of how administration works or the issues we face on a daily basis.

No, i'm gauging you, I don't KNOW what you do, you are absolutely right.
and i am caustic as fuck.
I don't know how admining works since it's on purpose mostly hid from us, that's not on you tho.
I haven't see you nor talked to you, you can still swing my vote by explaining stuff to me on what you do, but following tells me you wont swing me.

You know as well as I do that discord is a meme people really do use to just talk pointlessly to each other, don't pretend it's solely and administration tool and you only sit in admin-only slot and never talk to anyone else about anything else and only moderate and fix issues 24/7 without you poking fun at you and just generally talking in that room.
All such software since Mumble since forever have been for shitposting, you can't just pretend it's not.
I can reach high numbers too in any chat by spamming "a enter" on copypaste, that tells me nothing of value.

Explain what you do in there, maybe? Not that I expect to be explained the minutiae of it, just a general hint on what happens would be good.
And no, you really are not in my community, I play actively, that doesn't disqualify you outright but it really makes me not wanna vote for you since we are not even in the same hemisphere of understanding each other and I don't think you understand even casual player experience with those connections, more likely you connected to resolve a ahelp or server issue since no-one else could and then went away again.
We are voting for game headmin for game, not discord admin who's never online and has no live connection to the game unless he's told about it secondhand.

As far as I know, your perception doesn't reflect reality, you hear secondhand reports and no actual live gameplay to reflect on.
And if that's the case, how can you have valid opinions on what changes are needed if all you have is hearsay?
Am I wrong in making these last two assumptions?
signnatrire

Rockdtben
Site Admin

Byond Username: Rockdtben
Github Username: Rockdtben

Postby Rockdtben » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:47 am #510750

jcll wrote:First of all we need to address some of the host issue. With MSO being busy or taking care of his own life at the moment. (I know he is trying his best) there needs to be a proper operations team formed to handle day to day issues and take the load off with emergent threats and issues. As well as working to strengthening our security and DDOS protections. And for the operations team I'd like to have it built including members of the community who have proven themselves as useful and competent people even if they are not currently on the admin team.

Headmin doesn't have authority over the host. I own the domains and MSO hosts the servers. It is up to him on how to best handle the subject on hand. Please refrain from using the hosting situation as a running platform.
FastDMM Lead: 01/28/2018 - Now || Code Project Lead: 02/01/2014 - 10/07/2014 || G-Admin: 12/29/2013 - 04/04/2015 || T-Admin: 3/29/2013 - 12/29/2013 || Codermin: ? - 3/29/2013 || Started Playing: 6/13/2006

jcll
In-Game Admin

Postby jcll » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:50 am #510751

Rockdtben wrote:

Headmin doesn't have authority over the host. I own the domains and MSO hosts the servers. It is up to him on how to best handle the subject on hand. Please refrain from using the hosting situation as a running platform.

I agree its up to MSO. That is why there has been talk of an ops team in the works with him for a bit now. MSO works really fucking hard and provides us this server and maintains it and I am not talking about changing the hosting situation at all. Just adding more hands to do the day to day. It'll still be under his full control.

Krusvik
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Krusvik

Postby Krusvik » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:28 pm #510755

>wants to kill tgs-leads
>wants to make a hand picked special operations team

Forgive the meme format, but in all honesty, I’m starting to get confused reading into your narrative.

Not-Dorsidarf
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Postby Not-Dorsidarf » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:20 pm #510762

Personally I do actually agree that Jcll is way too out of touch to be a headmin, since they do nothing but chat shit in the admin chatter channel and post anime, so its not like they're some sort of "shadow admin" who makes up for hardly ever playing by managing things behind the scenes, as they seem to apply

John_Gobbel

Byond Username: CAPTTLasky

Postby John_Gobbel » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:28 pm #510786

I also don't like the implications involved in the fact that jcll has ignored the important questions Arianya has posed.

Reeeee

Postby Reeeee » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:54 pm #510794

If I may, apply to be Discord Headmin, or the equivalent, you seem very vested in that platform and hat fits and you don' t have to bother with us playing atmos simulator with horizontal aspirations towards our fellow men.
It's not the same hat held by the Headmin, is it?
If it is, I can see why this is here and where you are coming from.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:.....as they seem to apply

Imply?
signnatrire

Stickymayhem
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Postby Stickymayhem » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:59 pm #510814

As someone actually in adminbus, the vast majority of your activity there is interacting with the discord bot you run to pet people and win anime leaderboard points or some shit.

This isn't shade, but I really don't see much else other than uwu daddy shit and claiming to have been involved in top secret conversations with headmins about important stuff no one else is apparently privy to.

To be deeply honest, disagree if you will, I think you're just here for the admin community and the occasional hit of power.

Omni Tears

Spoiler:

Return to Archived/Deleted