Coconut 2: Return of the Drupe

Discuss policies and candidacies with the potential Headmins.

Moderator: oranges

Forum rules
Post a thread if you want to be a candidate. Must not be permabanned from the game servers or blacklisted.

Reply to a thread to interact with headmin candidates. Rules

Do not spam the same question in multiple threads, use the debate subforum for that.
User avatar
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Head Admin
 
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:14 am
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Coconut 2: Return of the Drupe

Postby Coconutwarrior97 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:56 am #573108

Hiya, Im coconut, runnin for a second term! I like to think I've done a pretty good job with my fellow headmins this past term, and I'd like to continue doing so with the next. We've responded to 39 policy discussions and have been generally active I like to think.
In all fairness things slagged behind a bit towards the end, especially regarding admin complaints, which is without a doubt partially my fault. I attribute a lot of that towards some burn out towards the middle portion of the term, but I feel like I've largely recovered from that.
I still feel deeply passionate about the game and the community and am excited to see what else I can accomplish.

I'd like to start with addressing my goals from my previous headmin election thread:


“Manuels been real comfy to play on, I aim to keep ironing things out and encouraging interaction between players."
I initially pushed for some MRP policy discussion responses and after delay did end up doing a major rewrite of the MRP rules. I intend to continue ironing this out while taking input from manuel admins, as I have done in the past.

“I'd like to implement some kind of system to publicly show how headmins vote on a variety of issues so people can be a bit more informed of how things are being handled."

I believe we have implemented this fairly well, though in all fairness we haven’t really disagreed on anything to my recollection. Which understandably makes some folks think, “Well whats the point of the headmin votes section if its just the same Yes, Yes, Yes response everytime?”
Well the answer to that is I personally want to write a quick blurb after my response in these, its not something I can necessarily ask of my fellow headmins unless they want to write it but for myself I’d like to elaborate more on my personal opinions in these voting sections.

“Id like to see some more coverage on our servers, so I'm in favor of adding a few admin trainers to the team to help move that along quicker. I'd also like to look into alternative ways of applying for admin as I feel our current google doc submission isn't as effective as it could be.”
We have added several new admin trainers and quite a lot of new admins to the team over this past term which I’m quite pleased with. Keeping track of dates relating to that has largely been thanks to TWATICUS and a calendar she made, who I am very grateful too. Unfortunately, MSO has not yet made an admin application subforum, but if elected I will continue to push for that as I believe it would be very useful.

I also spoke briefly on mentors and language policy in that previous election thread though neither are big focus points for me personally.


My plans for this coming term:


I want to continue elaborating on the MRP rules I’ve pushed out, as well as responding to policy discussions for both MRP and the regular servers.

Another aspect I'd like to push for is a new rule for the discord server, "''Bigotry is not allowed. Intentionally seeking to demean others due to their actual or perceived race, sex, gender, orientation or the like is not tolerated. It is not our goal to create a list of banned words and instead our goal to eject bigotry from our community. Enforcement will be less PC based and more common sense based.'' I don’t especially mind slurs, but at the end of the day I want this community to focus on playing a space game, not about people demeaning each other for race, sex, gender or the like . Just as I have thought in the past, my favorite kind of player is the new one who is just being introduced to the game and is learning the mechanics by surfing the wiki and asking knowledgeable players. I don't want them to experience that kind of bigotry in the community when first being introduced to this game.

I’d also like to make changes to naming policy, I think this game is at its heart meant to be quite goofy so some greater degree of freedom in names would be play well to that idea. However, I still believe a limit should be placed on that as long names are quite tiring to see repeated in chat. Specifics for this will likely be allowing an individual to have one additive to their name, such as a nickname or an honorific but not more than that. So Dr. John Adams would fine but Dr. John “One-Eye” Adams would not. After this I’d like to get some more solid policy in place for racial names such as lizards and moths.

I’d also like to address my connection count as I have no wish to hide it,

Image
Admittedly I do play less than I would like and it’s not something I’m particularly happy about. A lot of it has to do with the fact that I commit a significant amount of my time to thinking about, and interacting with both the game and the community in a headmin capacity to the point I’m a bit too tuckered out to actually play the game most of the time. However, I remain committed to doing my job and remaining active as I have largely been in this past term. I love this game, I love this community, and I want to continue to foster and improve both to the best of my ability.

Last but not least, I would like to state I am an avid Le Dog does not suck supporter. He is a precious pupper who is trying his best, and deserves the best. I mean just look at him,
Image



User avatar
Plapatin
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:26 am
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:
Byond Username: Plapatin

Re: Coconut 2: Return of the Drupe

Postby Plapatin » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:11 am #573110

i wholeheartedly support everything coconut stands for except for the dog issue that dog fucking sucks
wesoda25 wrote:i had a dream that me and some friends were like in this tribal village and we were all doing cocaine around this massive bonfire and I kept seeing all these foreshadowing elements that we were gonna die but i just did more cocaine

User avatar
MortoSasye
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:05 pm
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Re: Coconut 2: Return of the Drupe

Postby MortoSasye » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:18 am #573111

Through which methods will you combat burn out?
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
DICK PILLS HERE
Image
NSFW:
Image

User avatar
Armhulen
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:30 pm
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: it's a long story

Re: Coconut 2: Return of the Drupe

Postby Armhulen » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:21 am #573114

I like the guy, would like faster response times though of course
Go to bed bro, she's not thinking about you.

User avatar
Fikou
 
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:38 am
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Re: Coconut 2: Return of the Drupe

Postby Fikou » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:21 am #573115

you are wrong. the dog sucks
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Vekter
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:25 pm
Location: Fucking around with the engine.
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: Coconut 2: Return of the Drupe

Postby Vekter » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:23 am #573117

The dog sucks but you still got my support.
Image
Image
Image


Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you

User avatar
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Head Admin
 
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:14 am
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Re: Coconut 2: Return of the Drupe

Postby Coconutwarrior97 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:25 am #573119

MortoSasye wrote:Through which methods will you combat burn out?

Generally I like to play some vidya and relax, and just not get too invested into a situation. Sometimes you can care an awful lot about something and people's opinions. If you worry and think about it constantly it can be a big drain on you. However I've gained some valuable experience this term and have learned to just accept that people will disagree with me and I will disagree with them. Really the best strategy for me I've learned is just to make my points, and if I think noones going to give ground or anything to leave it at that and refocus onto other things which need to be done. Frankly I think me writing up the MRP rule updates, continuing to reply to policy discussions and eventually get to the admin complaints which were up is evidence of the fact I can deal with any initial feelings of burn out that may come up in the future.

User avatar
wesoda25
 
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:32 pm
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: Coconut 2: Return of the Drupe

Postby wesoda25 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:43 am #573125

Even if headmins slagged towards the end, their initial start is a massive improvement compared to those who came before. Coco was a great headmin and should continue to be one, plus the dog is cool so he has my vote.

User avatar
Armhulen
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:30 pm
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: it's a long story

Re: Coconut 2: Return of the Drupe

Postby Armhulen » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:44 am #573127

wesoda25 wrote:Even if headmins slagged towards the end, their initial start is a massive improvement compared to those who came before. Coco was a great headmin and should continue to be one, plus the dog is cool so he has my vote.

gets it. the guy's fantastic, and i love how they took the reigns with the admin trainers and de-trainer'd a lot of people and trainer'd up a lot more. ditto with the moderation team. it's such a power move and it curates the exact kind of team they want.
Go to bed bro, she's not thinking about you.

User avatar
MortoSasye
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:05 pm
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Re: Coconut 2: Return of the Drupe

Postby MortoSasye » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:45 am #573128

Coconutwarrior97 wrote:
MortoSasye wrote:Through which methods will you combat burn out?

Generally I like to play some vidya and relax, and just not get too invested into a situation. Sometimes you can care an awful lot about something and people's opinions. If you worry and think about it constantly it can be a big drain on you. However I've gained some valuable experience this term and have learned to just accept that people will disagree with me and I will disagree with them. Really the best strategy for me I've learned is just to make my points, and if I think noones going to give ground or anything to leave it at that and refocus onto other things which need to be done. Frankly I think me writing up the MRP rule updates, continuing to reply to policy discussions and eventually get to the admin complaints which were up is evidence of the fact I can deal with any initial feelings of burn out that may come up in the future.


Thank you for your answer. Like last time, you will be at the top of my vote. :heart:
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
DICK PILLS HERE
Image
NSFW:
Image

User avatar
bobbahbrown
 
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:04 am
Location: canada
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Re: Coconut 2: Return of the Drupe

Postby bobbahbrown » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:24 am #573143

Hello,

I would agree with Goof in saying that this term was a very successful term comparing to the past few terms that I've been around, and thanks for everything you did in this term. Along with your team I think this was a great term for the record. I liked the transparency in votes that you folks implemented, and I think that's a very helpful tool for the public to understand where headmins stand on issues worth discussion.

How do you feel about your current co-headmins? Every team has their strengths and weaknesses, where do you feel yours were in this term, and what kind of candidates would help you achieve your goals for this administration?

I'm iffy on second-term candidates after watching what happened to Nervere and to some extent Hulk, but I feel that if you recognize and can control burnout then you may very well have great success in a second term.

Sincerely,
Bobbah "Bee" Brown
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
PKPenguin321
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:02 pm
Location: U S A, U S A, U S A
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: Coconut 2: Return of the Drupe

Postby PKPenguin321 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:05 am #573150

this based motherfucker reads and responds to policy discussion, holy shit! 👍👍👍
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Head Admin
 
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:14 am
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Re: Coconut 2: Return of the Drupe

Postby Coconutwarrior97 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:16 am #573152

How do you feel about your current co-headmins?

I am very pleased with my fellow headmins this term, they've been very active and I've had great discussions with them.

Every team has their strengths and weaknesses, where do you feel yours were in this term,

I think our greatest strength has probably been our activity and the meaningful discussions we've had. Alot of the reason you see "Yes, Yes, Yes." in the Headmin Votes is because we largely talk about it in headminbus, sometimes we have disagreements initially but we've been very successful at seeing each others viewpoints.
I was actually expecting us to disagree more often, so going forward thats why I'd like to add short blurbs after votes to offer some more insight to a headmin's opinions. Again not something I can neccessarily require of my fellows but at least something for me to work on doing.

what kind of candidates would help you achieve your goals for this administration?

The kind of headmins I like are those who have experience with administration, are active, and able to discuss things. Thats about all I really want, differing opinions are inevitable, what matters is being able to discuss them.

I'm iffy on second-term candidates after watching what happened to Nervere and to some extent Hulk,

I disagree with the second half of this, I think Hulk did perfectly fine in his second term. The slowness of that term was largely due to Karp's inactivity. I understand your concerns though, headmin can be a taxing job at times.
However I believe my approach to the job and my experience makes me quite resistant to it, also helps that my workload this fall will be lighter than this past summer. Got a cute dog who I get to hang with as well!

User avatar
bobbahbrown
 
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:04 am
Location: canada
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Re: Coconut 2: Return of the Drupe

Postby bobbahbrown » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:22 am #573155

Coconutwarrior97 wrote:
I'm iffy on second-term candidates after watching what happened to Nervere and to some extent Hulk,

I disagree with the second half of this, I think Hulk did perfectly fine in his second term. The slowness of that term was largely due to Karp's inactivity. I understand your concerns though, headmin can be a taxing job at times.
However I believe my approach to the job and my experience makes me quite resistant to it, also helps that my workload this fall will be lighter than this past summer. Got a cute dog who I get to hang with as well!


Sorry for the confusion here I meant that I felt that it may have been very taxing/stressful for them in the second swing around, not that they didn't step up to the plate. (I wouldn't speak for Hulk in this regard, I just feel as though that may have been the case, I know for Nervere the second term was definitely more stressful)

I think if you can recognize your own stress and are able to have a good handle on what's going on for yourself then you should be fine though. Thank you for the answers.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
lmwevil
 
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:09 pm
Byond Username: Lmwevil

Re: Coconut 2: Return of the Drupe

Postby lmwevil » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:51 am #573161

i've risen from the dead as i do

i haven't been dmed crazy dramas like every other term, Coconut is reasonable, just and actually does have the best intentions for the server.

As before you're top of my list, i'm really proud of what you've done and you've exceeded every expectation

Love you dog.

Also that dog is doing its best and anyone who says it sucks should be deadminned

User avatar
Blurbo
 
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:12 pm
Byond Username: Blurbo

Re: Coconut 2: Return of the Drupe

Postby Blurbo » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:37 am #573236

we love le dog and coco dog :ian:
blurbo,professional (more) retard

OH MY GOD ITS ALL CONNECTED, BLURBO IS USING BIP TO POST ORANGES PROPAGANDA AND TURN PEOPLE INTO STRIPESOCKS SO THEY CAN GET FREE CODE LABOR

User avatar
Rohesie
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:07 pm
Byond Username: Rohesie

Re: Coconut 2: Return of the Drupe

Postby Rohesie » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:21 am #573245

Coco is very nice, would be good to have them for a second term.

User avatar
Timonk
 
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:27 pm
Location: ur mum
Byond Username: Timonk

Re: Coconut 2: Return of the Drupe

Postby Timonk » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:53 am #573251

dont go for the second term my dude, not worth the drama
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel


Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.




The hut has perished at my hands.
Image



The pink arrow is always right.

User avatar
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Head Admin
 
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:14 am
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Re: Coconut 2: Return of the Drupe

Postby Coconutwarrior97 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:34 am #573268

Timonk wrote:dont go for the second term my dude, not worth the drama

I think it is worth it, drama is something youre forced to deal with when it comes up, but is never and has never been the focus point for a term. It can be talked about for awhile, but people are quick to forget it two weeks later. I want to continue responding to policy discussions and doing this job. Ive enjoyed it alot.

User avatar
Cobby
 
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:19 pm
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: Coconut 2: Return of the Drupe

Postby Cobby » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:22 pm #573303

The group appeared extremely burnt out at the end of the last term with some responses taking several weeks and some going over a month, although there aren't any way we as non-headmins can view whats holding up decisions (wink wink). If this was partially/fully your fault I would heavily consider not pulling votes from people and letting someone who hasnt been burnt out once already take the helm.

Are you willing to disclose whether or not you agreed to the dootdoom incident specifically where admins were "asked" to leave certain discords or face demotion and perhaps more importantly do you think that was a smart move looking back?

That particular call has still left a sour taste in my mouth with the current team (again I have no idea how it was decided so I have to assume it was all yes) and I want to make sure that thought process got killed off else I will not be voting for any of the current headmins in any capacity this go.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current

PostThis post was deleted by oranges on Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:42 pm.
Reason: blurbo shitposting is not allowed

User avatar
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Head Admin
 
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:14 am
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Re: Coconut 2: Return of the Drupe

Postby Coconutwarrior97 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:43 pm #573378

If this was partially/fully your fault I would heavily consider not pulling votes from people


I list this as partially my fault because I feel I could have pushed myself more, though in all fairness to myself I did do the majority of logdiving for complaints, and typed up initial responses to be reviewed by my fellow headmins for their thoughts.
This is not meant to detract from them, as they have been very active in discussions this term and did their fair share of heavy lifting.

For example heres all the policy docs I made throughout the term each holding roughly 5-10 policy responses.
Image

(Also if youre wondering why the docs from the beginning of the term are so massive in file size its because I had screenshots of github stuff in em)

Are you willing to disclose whether or not you agreed to the dootdoom incident specifically where admins were "asked" to leave certain discords or face demotion and perhaps more importantly do you think that was a smart move looking back?


I will start by saying this is a difficult question to respond to, specifically because its hard to explain my entire line of thinking without discussing things that I don't think really should be discussed in public. However I will do what I can to explain in general terms.

To give a timeline of things,

1. Doot was banned from the discord for good reason.
2. With some voice chat regulars, his friends, another discord to game in was formed.
3. That discord immediately began to fuel drama: it caused serious acrimony among the admin team.
4. Because of that we decided to tell admins they could no longer be members.

The health of the team is an important thing for me, whether that be being particular about who is made an admin, or ensuring the team is generally getting along with each other.
This fell into that, and I believed it was something which was majorly affecting the team and needed to be addressed. I understand and respect that this likely means you won't vote for me.
However I believe hard decisions like this are sometimes necessary to make as a Headmin. I could have let it slide, but that wouldn't have felt right to me, and I always strive to do what I think is right.

User avatar
capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:59 am
Byond Username: Phuzzylodgik

Re: Coconut 2: Return of the Drupe

Postby capn_monkeypaw » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:15 pm #573410

Cobby wrote:The group appeared extremely burnt out at the end of the last term with some responses taking several weeks and some going over a month, although there aren't any way we as non-headmins can view whats holding up decisions (wink wink). If this was partially/fully your fault I would heavily consider not pulling votes from people and letting someone who hasnt been burnt out once already take the helm.


If you're looking for someone to blame for any delays in complaint responses, you don't have to go any further than my door.

I'm generally pretty busy at work as-is, but the pandemic and the changes we had to make in response to it caused me to have to draw my focus away from headmining from time to time so I could dive into projects.

Coco was our driving force this term and made sure we addressed as much as possible throughout.

User avatar
Shirbu
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:20 am
Location: West Coast
Byond Username: Shirbu

Re: Coconut 2: Return of the Drupe

Postby Shirbu » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:43 am #573539

Will the Mentor role's creation be prioritized?

User avatar
Agux909
 
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:26 pm
Byond Username: Agux909

Re: Coconut 2: Return of the Drupe

Postby Agux909 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:52 pm #573561

Headmins don't necessarily have to agree about everything nor vote unanimously about every single decision. I believe this is one of the reasons not one, but three Headmins are picked to be the guide and faces of the administration, for variety of reasonings and stances regarding different matters.

I agree wanting to discuss and trying to reach a middle ground with your fellow headadmins can usually be the desirable way to go, but please, answer this question for if you were to win this election:

Going forward, if you were to feel a certain way about something but find yourself disagreeing with one or more of your fellow headmins, would you fight for it and make the hard choice to defend your view, leading to a potential clash of views, and maybe end up showing a different result in your vote, or would you rather sacrifice these views to "go with the flow" and avoid tension with the team?

I think this is a very important question that at least I am eager to know the answer to, and I think it might carry some weight. So please choose your words wisely.
You stole the item he cannot renew while your arts n crafts are theoretically unlimited, is it that hard to understand?

User avatar
Cobby
 
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:19 pm
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: Coconut 2: Return of the Drupe

Postby Cobby » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:23 pm #573597

capn_monkeypaw wrote:ur post


My post was not really looking for someone to point the finger at, but rather to show that he should consider the current state he's in from the point of doing headmin activities and should not assume being revoted will give him the same amount of energy he first had when he was just made headmin.

Basically, does he REALLY want to do it for another half year?
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current

User avatar
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Head Admin
 
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:14 am
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Re: Coconut 2: Return of the Drupe

Postby Coconutwarrior97 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:20 pm #573609

Shirbu wrote:Will the Mentor role's creation be prioritized?


Its not something thats a priority for me.

User avatar
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Head Admin
 
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:14 am
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Re: Coconut 2: Return of the Drupe

Postby Coconutwarrior97 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:36 pm #573612

Agux909 wrote: Going forward, if you were to feel a certain way about something but find yourself disagreeing with one or more of your fellow headmins, would you fight for it and make the hard choice to defend your view, leading to a potential clash of views, and maybe end up showing a different result in your vote, or would you rather sacrifice these views to "go with the flow" and avoid tension with the team?


Its going to largely depend on whats being discussed, if its something that I believe to be very important then yea I'm going to fight hard to convince my fellow headmins. For example my proposed new discord rule is something that I feel pretty adamantly should be put in place.

I will vote yes for that even if it ends up conflicting with the other headmins, and the inverse is also true. Someone proposing a removal of the Game Master role is something I would without a doubt vote against for example.

So while I think compromise is important there are certain topics I do feel adamantly about and I am not going to give much, if any ground on.

User avatar
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
 
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:47 pm
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Re: Coconut 2: Return of the Drupe

Postby Super Aggro Crag » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:51 pm #573615

drop out

one warning

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Head Admin
 
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:14 am
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Re: Coconut 2: Return of the Drupe

Postby Coconutwarrior97 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:03 pm #573630

Cobby wrote:My post was not really looking for someone to point the finger at, but rather to show that he should consider the current state he's in from the point of doing headmin activities and should not assume being revoted will give him the same amount of energy he first had when he was just made headmin.


Yea thats fair, I still feel very passionate about the game and community, so thats why I think I can handle it. All of my admining, working on the wiki, occasional coding, and headmining has been born from a desire to do my best to improve things, and that desire is still very much there.

ArcaneDefence
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:29 am
Byond Username: ArcaneDefence

Re: Coconut 2: Return of the Drupe

Postby ArcaneDefence » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:34 pm #573635

Another aspect I'd like to push for is a new rule for the discord server, "''Bigotry is not allowed. Intentionally seeking to demean others due to their actual or perceived race, sex, gender, orientation or the like is not tolerated. It is not our goal to create a list of banned words and instead our goal to eject bigotry from our community. Enforcement will be less PC based and more common sense based.'' I don’t especially mind slurs, but at the end of the day I want this community to focus on playing a space game, not about people demeaning each other for race, sex, gender or the like . Just as I have thought in the past, my favorite kind of player is the new one who is just being introduced to the game and is learning the mechanics by surfing the wiki and asking knowledgeable players. I don't want them to experience that kind of bigotry in the community when first being introduced to this game.


How is this any different from rule 1?

User avatar
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Head Admin
 
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:14 am
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Re: Coconut 2: Return of the Drupe

Postby Coconutwarrior97 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:38 pm #573653

How is this any different from rule 1?


It certainly would fall under it to be honest, its more a matter of clarification; since it hasn't been something that has really been done.

Similar to how some rules have precedents tied to them, so I guess it would be more accurate to call it a precedent being put in place for Rule 1 rather than an entirely new rule.

User avatar
Sylphet
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:35 am
Location: Deepest Medbay
Byond Username: Sylphet

Re: Coconut 2: Return of the Drupe

Postby Sylphet » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:31 am #573882

Coconutwarrior97 wrote:Another aspect I'd like to push for is a new rule for the discord server, "''Bigotry is not allowed. Intentionally seeking to demean others due to their actual or perceived race, sex, gender, orientation or the like is not tolerated. It is not our goal to create a list of banned words and instead our goal to eject bigotry from our community. Enforcement will be less PC based and more common sense based.'' I don’t especially mind slurs, but at the end of the day I want this community to focus on playing a space game, not about people demeaning each other for race, sex, gender or the like . Just as I have thought in the past, my favorite kind of player is the new one who is just being introduced to the game and is learning the mechanics by surfing the wiki and asking knowledgeable players. I don't want them to experience that kind of bigotry in the community when first being introduced to this game.


If I'm reading this correctly, it only applies to the discord... Why would we fight bigotry on the discord for a video game alone, rather than in the video game itself ? The game, not the discord, is where new players will be spending their time. What message do you feel it sends to new players if they connect to our servers and see people screaming racist words and stereotypes ? What kind of people is that environment welcoming to ?
Tell me how much you think that I should be thrown out of the nearest airlock !
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=27175

User avatar
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Head Admin
 
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:14 am
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Re: Coconut 2: Return of the Drupe

Postby Coconutwarrior97 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:54 am #573883

Sylphet wrote: If I'm reading this correctly, it only applies to the discord... Why would we fight bigotry on the discord for a video game alone, rather than in the video game itself ? The game, not the discord, is where new players will be spending their time. What message do you feel it sends to new players if they connect to our servers and see people screaming racist words and stereotypes ? What kind of people is that environment welcoming to ?


I see where you're coming from, it'd be strange to have a different standard for discord vs the actual game. I'll push for it for both the game and discord.

User avatar
Tiviplus
 
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:59 pm
Byond Username: TiviPlus

Re: Coconut 2: Return of the Drupe

Postby Tiviplus » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:22 pm #573974

What are your concrete plans for MRP?

User avatar
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Head Admin
 
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:14 am
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Re: Coconut 2: Return of the Drupe

Postby Coconutwarrior97 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:31 am #574073

Tiviplus wrote:What are your concrete plans for MRP?


Currently Im working on rewording the powergaming rule and responding to a policy discussion regarding it to make things more clear.

After that I want to tackle RP standards for team game modes like cult, revolutionaries and families. Since I think you can do some really cool stuff with them if they're roleplayed correctly.

After that Im considering replacing "The not-so-secret rule of sticky situations and mayhem." with something a bit more applicable. A rule regarding "good faith, effort, and interaction", because as I see it as long as those three things are clearly present I think you should be able to get away with alot of cool stuff.

Beyond that Ill probably just continue to monitor the MRP policy discussions, and talk with manuelmins about their thoughts regarding the server, and play and ghost on manuel some yknow.

User avatar
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:08 pm
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Re: Coconut 2: Return of the Drupe

Postby NikNakFlak » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:58 pm #574187

I feel somewhat similar to cobby.

You are friendly and I didn't really have any issue with anything you particularly did during your term.
However, you burned out towards the end and while not completely your fault, the very problem you swore to destroy, much like every headmin, of handling things in a timely manner become atrocious at the end of your term.

You didn't do anything I particularly liked or disliked.
However, I'm not confident in you not burning out again and really don't see a reason to vote you. I'd rather have someone new just because.

I don't think you'll have too many player votes because of your inactivity lately but you are friends with a lot of admins so I expect you'll pull a bit in the admin vote again.
This is just my opinion, I wish you best of luck in the race.
REDACTED
pm for deets

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Coconut 2: Return of the Drupe

Postby oranges » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:01 pm #574217

Niknak you've literally been told by another headadmin that the delay in activity was due to them not being available. Furthermore, as an administrator, you of all people should have the access to admin channels to see coconut's activity level didn't change at all.

And yet you repeat the exact same tired trope as if it's fact when it clearly is not.

User avatar
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:08 pm
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Re: Coconut 2: Return of the Drupe

Postby NikNakFlak » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:42 am #574248

I blame all the headmins oranges, but coconut is the only one rerunning. I see it as his failure too regardless of other's contributions.
Furthermore, as an administrator, you of all people should have the access to admin channels to see coconut's activity level didn't change at all.

I guess you think I'm referring to posting around discord as activity when I'm not? I even talked about not pulling player votes due to server activity. I'm talking about server activity.
I actually couldn't find a long term graph at all. Stuff just limited by 30 or 90 days. I'm not sure when last term started either. So I made a graph myself based on connections which isn't the best metric but w/e.

Image
REDACTED
pm for deets

User avatar
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Head Admin
 
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:14 am
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Re: Coconut 2: Return of the Drupe

Postby Coconutwarrior97 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:45 am #574266

NikNakFlak wrote:words


I'll restate what I said in one of the candidate debates,

The main reason I had a dip in activity is because I felt somewhat burntout from drama, and felt personally like it was a much bigger deal than it was. I have the experience now to look back and see that everyone essentially forgot about it in a couple weeks.
So going forward if some big stink is raised I can address it, then refocus my efforts towards policy/complaints/appeals or whatever else. Im still deeply passionate, I'm still excited to do my job, and I'd love to continue being a headmin.


This was a temporary thing as I went on to respond to more policy discussions, rewrite the MRP rules, and log dive for more than a few of the complaints that were stagnating. I am also continuing to be active at this point in time.

User avatar
Jimmius
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:00 pm
Byond Username: Jimmius

Re: Coconut 2: Return of the Drupe

Postby Jimmius » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:36 pm #574293

Maybe this is a dumb question, but isn't connecting to the server and playing/adminning rounds less important than replying to complaints, resolving appeals, and making policy decisions (the stuff headmins can do that regular admins cannot)? Like obviously a headmin with zero connections over a month is a problem, but going from an average of 5 connections per day to 2 over the course of 6 months doesn't exactly seem like what I'd call burnout, at least not compared to a lot of other headmins. Phuzzy has already explained the delay in the actual headminning decisions was due to him being busy on account of the pandemic, so it's a bit of a stretch to claim that was due to burnout on behalf of any of the headmins.

User avatar
Sheodir
 
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 2:44 pm
Byond Username: Sheodir

Re: Coconut 2: Return of the Drupe

Postby Sheodir » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:35 pm #574296

Man was basically THE face of this term and did a pretty good job at every turn of it. He has my vote.
I play Holden Westmacott. Sec/PM main most of the time.

User avatar
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:34 pm
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Re: Coconut 2: Return of the Drupe

Postby CitrusGender » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:04 pm #574297

I can't speak much for day to day policy matters, but I think Coco has done a great job on big picture stuff and hasn't gotten too lost in the details.

Honestly, he doesn't seem burnt out at this stage which is really good. I think he'll do great as a second term headmin frankly.
Image
thanks to ninjanomnom for making my signature

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Coconut 2: Return of the Drupe

Postby oranges » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:43 pm #574298

NikNakFlak wrote:I blame all the headmins oranges, but coconut is the only one rerunning. I see it as his failure too regardless of other's contributions.
Furthermore, as an administrator, you of all people should have the access to admin channels to see coconut's activity level didn't change at all.

I guess you think I'm referring to posting around discord as activity when I'm not? I even talked about not pulling player votes due to server activity. I'm talking about server activity.
I actually couldn't find a long term graph at all. Stuff just limited by 30 or 90 days. I'm not sure when last term started either. So I made a graph myself based on connections which isn't the best metric but w/e.

Spoiler:
Image


You literally know that this is meaningless, because the headadmins primary activities have nothing to do with being on the server itself, come on Niknak, you're smarter than that.

User avatar
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:08 pm
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Re: Coconut 2: Return of the Drupe

Postby NikNakFlak » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:52 pm #574301

Matters to me
REDACTED
pm for deets

User avatar
Blurbo
 
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:12 pm
Byond Username: Blurbo

Re: Coconut 2: Return of the Drupe

Postby Blurbo » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:11 am #574434

Super Aggro Crag wrote:drop out

one warning

Image


oh god oh fuck the bitcoin assassin has been hired
blurbo,professional (more) retard

OH MY GOD ITS ALL CONNECTED, BLURBO IS USING BIP TO POST ORANGES PROPAGANDA AND TURN PEOPLE INTO STRIPESOCKS SO THEY CAN GET FREE CODE LABOR

AtexHoffman
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:38 pm
Byond Username: AtexHoffman69

Re: Coconut 2: Return of the Drupe

Postby AtexHoffman » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:38 am #574450

Mr. Coconut is a rad dude, with a cool 'tude, and is seldom rude.
Your policy stances as demonstrated by your voting record are nearly exactly in line with my view on the issues.
Even if they weren't, any sybil engineer running for headmin would get my vote regardless.
Looking forward to having you in the triumvirate for another term.


Return to Player's Headmin Election

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users