RiskySikh - Im Still Around

Discuss policies and candidacies with the potential Headmins.

Moderator: oranges

Forum rules
Post a thread if you want to be a candidate. Must not be permabanned from the game servers or blacklisted.

Reply to a thread to interact with headmin candidates. Rules

Do not spam the same question in multiple threads, use the debate subforum for that.
capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Phuzzylodgik

Re: RiskySikh - Im Still Around

Postby capn_monkeypaw » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:03 pm #573929

RiskySikh wrote:Fine fuck it, you know one example of cockblocking was at Dootcord. You guys literally threatened any admin on that server for being deadminned for simply being on there. It was just simply a server to hangout with friends, and people from adminbus made a big deal over it.

Sure, I can understand why there would be some acrimony related to that incident, but that's not an example of the sort of "cockblocking" that you referenced in your initial post.

Please speak specifically to this assertion:

RiskySikh wrote:[...]I see that there is a big divide between the newer admins and the older admins, and what I see is that whenever the new admins want to pass something or want to make changes, the boomermins like to make a hissyfit over it. It's ironic, since most of them inactive, and don't do jack for the community, but the newer admins care for the community, but are getting cock blocked.

RiskySikh

Byond Username: RiskySikh

Postby RiskySikh » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:51 pm #573949

capn_monkeypaw wrote:
RiskySikh wrote:Fine fuck it, you know one example of cockblocking was at Dootcord. You guys literally threatened any admin on that server for being deadminned for simply being on there. It was just simply a server to hangout with friends, and people from adminbus made a big deal over it.

Sure, I can understand why there would be some acrimony related to that incident, but that's not an example of the sort of "cockblocking" that you referenced in your initial post.

Please speak specifically to this assertion:

RiskySikh wrote:[...]I see that there is a big divide between the newer admins and the older admins, and what I see is that whenever the new admins want to pass something or want to make changes, the boomermins like to make a hissyfit over it. It's ironic, since most of them inactive, and don't do jack for the community, but the newer admins care for the community, but are getting cock blocked.

Yeah because a bunch of boomermins, not naming them in order to not cause any further drama got pissed off over dootcord, and wanted it to be gone even though it was just a server to be with friends. What was more scummy like I mentioned, was threatening any admin which were mainly new admins be the threats of being deadminned if they didn't leave.

Xlyana

Byond Username: Xlyana

Postby Xlyana » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:40 pm #573959

Sorry if this has been answered before but would you be willing to give up your staff role on BeeStation if you were to win this election?
e

RiskySikh

Postby RiskySikh » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:49 pm #573961

Xlyana wrote:Sorry if this has been answered before but would you be willing to give up your staff role on BeeStation if you were to win this election?

No, I would try my best to maintain both sides.

Kendrickorium

Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Postby Kendrickorium » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:59 pm #573962

so, its NOT okay for me to spam BINDY PRES 2020 over station comms and relays, right?

fuck I might have to start playing again

Booktower
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Booktower

Postby Booktower » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:17 pm #573999

RiskySikh wrote:No, I would try my best to maintain both sides.

There's nothing inherently wrong with this, but being a headmin takes quite a bit of time, I'd be surprised if you can maintain reasonable activity on bee while also doing your duties here.

Plapatin
In-Game Game Master

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:
Byond Username: Plapatin

Postby Plapatin » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:39 pm #574001

how admins are recruited:

- admintrainer finds player with no bans, no notes, and high connections
- stalks them for, like, a day
- if they're cool, vetted in adminbus (literally just asking if anybody has bad memories associated with the ckey) and then approached

that's it that's the entire process
obviously i can't speak for every trainer and every candidate but this is almost always how it goes down
the number of admins currently on the team mean absolutely nothing to if an admin gets accepted or not
trainers are almost always looking for new candidates
if only you knew how boring things really were

also there's quite a bit of merit to be had with former admins, policymakers and key holders on speed dial; having experience to weigh in on decisions with is a very valid reason to stick around
wesoda25 wrote:i had a dream that me and some friends were like in this tribal village and we were all doing cocaine around this massive bonfire and I kept seeing all these foreshadowing elements that we were gonna die but i just did more cocaine

Armhulen
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: it's a long story

Postby Armhulen » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:49 pm #574002

after recruitment, they are taught how to do everything and they'll usually have that done before a week is over. candidacy has to be at least a week, so they'll spend the very end of that practicing tickets. then headmins up them to admintrainer if they've been good. so two times headmins give a go ahead: approval to start candidacy and approval to finish it
Go to bed bro, she's not thinking about you.

Indie-ana Jones

Byond Username: Indie-ana Jones

Postby Indie-ana Jones » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:37 am #574142

By sole virtue of not having your major focus on MedRP, I could care less on whether or not you tear the other admins a new one. You've still got my vote, and I still believe you are the best choice for Bagil players.

RiskySikh

Postby RiskySikh » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:32 am #574150

Indie-ana Jones wrote:By sole virtue of not having your major focus on MedRP, I could care less on whether or not you tear the other admins a new one. You've still got my vote, and I still believe you are the best choice for Bagil players.

Thank you

Previous

Return to Player's Headmin Election