RiskySikh - Im Still Around

Discuss policies and candidacies with the potential Headmins.

Moderator: oranges

Forum rules
Post a thread if you want to be a candidate. Must not be permabanned from the game servers or blacklisted.

Reply to a thread to interact with headmin candidates. Rules

Do not spam the same question in multiple threads, use the debate subforum for that.
capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Phuzzylodgik

Re: RiskySikh - Im Still Around

Postby capn_monkeypaw » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:34 am #573456

nah i aint being dramatic with it, I think your being dramatic because you think that my statement is dramatic

Thank you for confirming that this isn't a serious campaign.

Exavere
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Exavere

Postby Exavere » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:35 am #573457

Sup gamer. Many Headmin's activity IC-wise gets toned down due to the responsibilities of the position all by itself, not counting other factors.

Do you feel your responsibilities, and obligations, towards Bee Station* will conflict with the time dedication you will have to put into being a Headmin on /tg/? If so, will you retire from Bee for your term to have enough time for your headmin duties? Or do you have other plans/feel able to take care of both responsibilities properly at the same time?
The Plasmeme life is not an easy one.

RiskySikh

Byond Username: RiskySikh

Postby RiskySikh » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:50 am #573461

capn_monkeypaw wrote:
nah i aint being dramatic with it, I think your being dramatic because you think that my statement is dramatic

Thank you for confirming that this isn't a serious campaign.

100% this is a serious campaign, but in my honest opinion as a whole, I am not being dramatic. I am saying that I feel that you are viewing my statement as being dramatic, which is why I think that you are dramatic, but like wise we all got our own opinions. Some might think this is just a "meme campaign", other thinks its serious. Likewise, for me I feel that this is 100% a serious platform I am trying to run on, and I want to help my community. Other than that, its your opinion and I have to respect that.

RiskySikh

Postby RiskySikh » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:55 am #573462

Exavere wrote:Sup gamer. Many Headmin's activity IC-wise gets toned down due to the responsibilities of the position all by itself, not counting other factors.

Do you feel your responsibilities, and obligations, towards Bee Station* will conflict with the time dedication you will have to put into being a Headmin on /tg/? If so, will you retire from Bee for your term to have enough time for your headmin duties? Or do you have other plans/feel able to take care of both responsibilities properly at the same time?

Well, if I do get elected I will try my best to split the time.

annoyinggreencatgirl

Byond Username: Uomo91

Postby annoyinggreencatgirl » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:01 am #573463

Exavere wrote:Do you feel your responsibilities, and obligations, towards Bee Station* will conflict with the time dedication you will have to put into being a Headmin on /tg/? If so, will you retire from Bee for your term to have enough time for your headmin duties? Or do you have other plans/feel able to take care of both responsibilities properly at the same time?
I am unsure we have had headmins with dual responsibilities, but it is worth pointing out we have standing admins who are admins elsewhere.

Exavere
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Exavere

Postby Exavere » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:02 am #573464

I am aware of admins who're admins elsewhere, I was just asking the question specifically for Headmins since the Role can be pretty taxing. Thanks for the reply.
The Plasmeme life is not an easy one.

RiskySikh

Postby RiskySikh » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:16 am #573482

vkalls wrote:Do you have any other platform ideas other than fuck 'boomermins", "communicating", and removing Campbell?

No sir, I feel that this is the platform I want to run.

RiskySikh

Postby RiskySikh » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:18 am #573484

Armhulen wrote:Man this started so hopeful and now it's just uneducated and stupid. To be clear, they're on to SOMETHING with this thread. But they lost it in what player candidates do

It's your opinion my friend and I must respect it, but I feel this is the platform I want to run. Like they say, the world is your oyster.

tinodrima7020

Byond Username: TinoDrima7020

Postby tinodrima7020 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:52 pm #573551

I believe that we should do some massive reforms for the staff team as we have a lot of admins that are barely active, and only show up out of the blue. Ban someone for a serious amount, and disappear soon after so they can keep their position. I honestly believe that a lot of these "boomermins", contribute nothing to the community, and only want to keep their position so they can be with their buddies at adminbus. It's honestly scummy and disgusting and if elected headmin I would love to purge them. I personally believe that they are a detriment to the community, and cockblock /tg/ as a whole.

While communism is cringe, a Red Purge on /tg/ would be based as Hell. You're in my top 5.
If you see this image please show Subject217 some love. He's in a dark place right now :(
Spoiler:
Fikou wrote:
The problem is that the autistic fucking admins on these SS13 servers, so drunk with power, so intoxicated on the scent of their sweaty ballsacks as they drown in 'decision making' and 'responsibility', things they've never had before, hand out permabans for next to nothing. Why not a 3 month ban? Why not a 6 month ban? No. A fucking perma ban. Nevermind that people change, nevermind that people have shitty days or good days, nevermind that FOREVER IS A FUCKING LONG TIME, no... Permabans. And then they expect you to appeal on the forums so they can have MORE POWER, MORE DECISION MAKING. "HOO HOO, LOOKIT ME MOMMY, I GET TO DECIDE THE FATE OF THIS MAN HOOOO HOOOOOO WOWEEE SO EXCITE, MY LITTLE WINKY WILLY IS GETTING CHUB-CHUB, MOMMY." And let's be fucking absolutely real here, the only reason admins want people to sign up for the fucking forums to fucking ban appeal is so they can sell the members e-mails to, like, Chinese realtors or some shit.

Agux909

Byond Username: Agux909

Postby Agux909 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:05 pm #573556

Hey Bindy, kudos for having the balls for postulating, but your campaign sucks ass.
Good luck o/
You stole the item he cannot renew while your arts n crafts are theoretically unlimited, is it that hard to understand?

RiskySikh

Postby RiskySikh » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:48 pm #573577

Agux909 wrote:Hey Bindy, kudos for having the balls for postulating, but your campaign sucks ass.
Good luck o/

Thanks champ, but I don't want to dedicate my campaign for MRP

Rohesie
Code Maintainer

Byond Username: Rohesie

Postby Rohesie » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:29 am #573688

Endorsements are not everything, of course, but your relation seems to be either of open hostility or neutrality to every member of the admin team that has commented here. For someone running to a position of leadership of the admin team you don't seem to have much support from it, which would impair your effectiveness on the role unless you go full Stalin purge (somehow convincing the other two headmins of it).

Is there any current admin supporting your candidacy?

ArcaneDefence
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: ArcaneDefence

Postby ArcaneDefence » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:45 am #573693

Coming into a team you haven't participated in and threatening to start shooting up the house is a bold move at the best of times.
Taking charge said team and then actually shooting it up is another business altogether.

How do you intend to prevent hostilities in your own staff if this is how you're approaching it from the start?

RiskySikh

Postby RiskySikh » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:05 am #573728

Rohesie wrote:Endorsements are not everything, of course, but your relation seems to be either of open hostility or neutrality to every member of the admin team that has commented here. For someone running to a position of leadership of the admin team you don't seem to have much support from it, which would impair your effectiveness on the role unless you go full Stalin purge (somehow convincing the other two headmins of it).

Is there any current admin supporting your candidacy?

100%, that the admin team won't support, since my policies and purges will effect around 50-60% of them, its obvious. Which is why I am hoping that I will get support from the playerbase hopefully. I don't know any current admins that are supporting my candidacy to be frank.

RiskySikh

Postby RiskySikh » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:06 am #573729

ArcaneDefence wrote:Coming into a team you haven't participated in and threatening to start shooting up the house is a bold move at the best of times.
Taking charge said team and then actually shooting it up is another business altogether.

How do you intend to prevent hostilities in your own staff if this is how you're approaching it from the start?

Honestly, if the admins I want to purge want to be hostile, they can go be hostile, but it's not going to stop their fates. Honestly, I just want to assure to any active admins, that they are safe, and I just want to deal with the boomermins that just leech the admin positions.

PostThis post was deleted by RiskySikh on Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:07 am.
Reason: duplicate

Rohesie
Code Maintainer

Byond Username: Rohesie

Postby Rohesie » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:11 am #573732

RiskySikh wrote:I feel that the biggest issue is with the boomermins in the admin team. I see that there is a big divide between the newer admins and the older admins, and what I see is that whenever the new admins want to pass something or want to make changes, the boomermins like to make a hissyfit over it. It's ironic, since most of them inactive, and don't do jack for the community, but the newer admins care for the community, but are getting cock blocked.

Could you give examples of changes from newer admins that have been blocked by older ones?

Flatulent

Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Postby Flatulent » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:35 am #573764

we all thought we needed a benevolent leader but now I realise that we need a jannie Stalin to purge the old guard
bindy liberation front
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries

cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post

cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.

Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.

Timonk

Byond Username: Timonk

Postby Timonk » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:24 am #573772

>purging boomermin

lol good luck purging MSO
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel

Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.

capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master

Postby capn_monkeypaw » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:05 pm #573799

Rohesie wrote:Could you give examples of changes from newer admins that have been blocked by older ones?

FloranOtten
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: FloranOtten

Postby FloranOtten » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:41 pm #573802

RiskySikh wrote:100%, that the admin team won't support, since my policies and purges will effect around 50-60% of them, its obvious. Which is why I am hoping that I will get support from the playerbase hopefully. I don't know any current admins that are supporting my candidacy to be frank.

I really think you overestimate the amount of "boomermins" in the team. Could you provide a comprehensive list of them?
OOC: BeeSting12: i love you floran

1. You may not injure a revs are non humans or, through inaction, allow a revs are non humans to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by revs are non humanss, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Give me feedback!

YuiY1997

Byond Username: YuiY1997

Postby YuiY1997 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:54 pm #573817

Which other candidates do you think you could win against in a rage cage?

Nabski

Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Postby Nabski » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:16 pm #573821

So you've clearly stated that you are running with your only hope being the player vote. The other two members of the triumvirate are picked from the Head Admins and the Existing Admins.

You would need to convince at least one of them to agree with you on your purging boomers campaign. How do you think you will accomplish that.

RiskySikh

Postby RiskySikh » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:58 pm #573828

FloranOtten wrote:
RiskySikh wrote:100%, that the admin team won't support, since my policies and purges will effect around 50-60% of them, its obvious. Which is why I am hoping that I will get support from the playerbase hopefully. I don't know any current admins that are supporting my candidacy to be frank.

I really think you overestimate the amount of "boomermins" in the team. Could you provide a comprehensive list of them?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26702

RiskySikh

Postby RiskySikh » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:59 pm #573829

Nabski wrote:So you've clearly stated that you are running with your only hope being the player vote. The other two members of the triumvirate are picked from the Head Admins and the Existing Admins.

You would need to convince at least one of them to agree with you on your purging boomers campaign. How do you think you will accomplish that.

Lets hope that the other candidate is someone that has similar policies with me. Or you can give them that good old sweet talk.

ArcaneDefence
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: ArcaneDefence

Postby ArcaneDefence » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:44 pm #573834

RiskySikh wrote:Lets hope that the other candidate is someone that has similar policies with me. Or you can give them that good old sweet talk.

I'd sure like to see what type of "sweet talking" starts a purge from a team without starting an in house dumpster fire.
We're a team, not an inquisition. Starting off by saying you'd put a gun in someone's mouth is tactless at best.

capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master

Postby capn_monkeypaw » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:16 pm #573842

Timonk

Byond Username: Timonk

Postby Timonk » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:31 pm #573860

bad meme im making a complaint
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel

Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.

Qbmax32
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Qbmax32
Github Username: qbmax32

Postby Qbmax32 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:11 am #573862

RiskySikh wrote:Honestly, if the admins I want to purge want to be hostile, they can go be hostile, but it's not going to stop their fates. Honestly, I just want to assure to any active admins, that they are safe, and I just want to deal with the boomermins that just leech the admin positions.

The purpose of headadmin is to guide/train newer admins, weigh in on important decisions regarding the game/community at large, guide server policy, and deal with important or sensitive issues. I would say all of these responsibilities are much easier with the respect of the people you're supposed to be leading. If you plan to in your own words purge "around 50-60% of them" (assuming you can somehow convince another head admin to do this), how do you think you'll garner or maintain any respect at all? So far your only example of a "boomermin hopping on some random server. Giving some random player a random ban, and is able to keep their admin position" you've given is one where the offending admin was suspended and the affected players compensated. You've also completely ignored multiple people asking you for examples on what you mean by "cockblocking". You've even said that "100% the admin team won't support", yet you still insist on running with a platform that you know will step on toes and generally just upset the people who you're supposed to lead. If the other two headmins decide that they don't want their first action upon becoming headmin to be purging the admin team and immediately creating hostility and animosity, how do you plan to proceed knowing that your one of your major platform pieces has been shot down on day one?

This entire platform is just a rehash of goof's a year ago but less funny because you're actually serious.
my admin feedback thread

quotes
Spoiler:
angelstarri wrote:qbmax is a retard

imsxz wrote:mythic please stop you’ve hit rock bottom and you KEEP DIGGING

deedubya wrote:I'll defend to the death your right to scream "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" on a constant basis, but I'll also equally defend the right of people to call you a fuckin' pillock for doing it.

datorangebottle wrote:what, not having to act like customer service in a volunteer customer service position?

Here's a rebuttal: you're literally in a customer service slash celebrity position. Volunteer or not.

Malkraz wrote:can you stop posting this shit

Nalzul wrote:Fuck Blob (can you imagine how hot it would be to be gangbanged by a bunch of blobbernauts, the blob, and spores)

Wyzack wrote:qbmax your pathetic display of abhorrent burgercraft has brought shame onto the omnivores

Plapatin wrote:i AM the senate

BONERMASTER wrote:I am a big thinker, and it would only be logical if my character had a big head as well. And glasses. Because only people that think, wear glasses.

feem wrote:i tried to send canisters of urine to the station but ended up turning all oxygen into urine and breaking lavaland and also breathing

Anonmare wrote:Each post in this thread can't settle on what it wants to be, but yet, each one is more cursed than the last.

Beesting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.

Vile Beggar wrote:i don't like this thread

imsxz wrote:nervore

FantasticFwoosh wrote:I will whisper sweet nothings that will confuse and perhaps scare you a little, but enhance the experience no-less.

afelinidisfinetoo wrote:By the way, the person who posted that catgirl porn on the github page was me. If anyone wants my private stash just PM me

Nervere wrote:Anything for a femoid.....

Qbopper wrote:I'm a dumb poopy butthead

CitrusGender wrote:god i love it when people feed me my own fried legs

FloranOtten
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: FloranOtten

Postby FloranOtten » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:21 am #573863

RiskySikh wrote:
FloranOtten wrote:

Yes. Would you mind saying which of these you would actually purge?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26702
OOC: BeeSting12: i love you floran

1. You may not injure a revs are non humans or, through inaction, allow a revs are non humans to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by revs are non humanss, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Give me feedback!

Sylphet
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Sylphet

Postby Sylphet » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:47 am #573864

You say that you want to purge the admin team - the problem of wanting to remove many of the people that you're supposed to be leading aside, how would you plan on keeping admin coverage on all time zones ? Even with our current numbers, Manuel, for example, rarely has admins on during NA day time. There's also the conflict of interest that comes from your involvement with Beestation - Why would we want someone with an interest in a different server to be not just adminning, but running ours ? How can we be sure of your intentions ?
Tell me how much you think that I should be thrown out of the nearest airlock !
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=27175

RiskySikh

Postby RiskySikh » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:59 am #573871

ArcaneDefence wrote:
RiskySikh wrote:Lets hope that the other candidate is someone that has similar policies with me. Or you can give them that good old sweet talk.

I'd sure like to see what type of "sweet talking" starts a purge from a team without starting an in house dumpster fire.
We're a team, not an inquisition. Starting off by saying you'd put a gun in someone's mouth is tactless at best.

Like they say man, Rome wasn't built in a day

RiskySikh

Postby RiskySikh » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:02 am #573873

Qbmax32 wrote:
RiskySikh wrote:Honestly, if the admins I want to purge want to be hostile, they can go be hostile, but it's not going to stop their fates. Honestly, I just want to assure to any active admins, that they are safe, and I just want to deal with the boomermins that just leech the admin positions.

The purpose of headadmin is to guide/train newer admins, weigh in on important decisions regarding the game/community at large, guide server policy, and deal with important or sensitive issues. I would say all of these responsibilities are much easier with the respect of the people you're supposed to be leading. If you plan to in your own words purge "around 50-60% of them" (assuming you can somehow convince another head admin to do this), how do you think you'll garner or maintain any respect at all? So far your only example of a "boomermin hopping on some random server. Giving some random player a random ban, and is able to keep their admin position" you've given is one where the offending admin was suspended and the affected players compensated. You've also completely ignored multiple people asking you for examples on what you mean by "cockblocking". You've even said that "100% the admin team won't support", yet you still insist on running with a platform that you know will step on toes and generally just upset the people who you're supposed to lead. If the other two headmins decide that they don't want their first action upon becoming headmin to be purging the admin team and immediately creating hostility and animosity, how do you plan to proceed knowing that your one of your major platform pieces has been shot down on day one?

This entire platform is just a rehash of goof's a year ago but less funny because you're actually serious.

Honestly, I will garner respect from the players man. Like, I am doing this for the players. This is what I hate, I ain't going to cater to a bunch of admins, I want to do this soley for the players and community who share my pains and qualms. Honestly with my plan, I am just hoping that another admin will have similar policies as me, because honestly every election or there is one headmin that get's gangbanged by the other 2 headmins and can't spread their policies. Likewise, I want to replace them its that simple. I know that admins are going at my neck, but it seems most of the players are chill with me. If my plan gets shutdown, I ain't going to be quiet, I want to be vocal, I ain't going to get fucked over by two other headmins.

RiskySikh

Postby RiskySikh » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:03 am #573874

Sylphet wrote:You say that you want to purge the admin team - the problem of wanting to remove many of the people that you're supposed to be leading aside, how would you plan on keeping admin coverage on all time zones ? Even with our current numbers, Manuel, for example, rarely has admins on during NA day time. There's also the conflict of interest that comes from your involvement with Beestation - Why would we want someone with an interest in a different server to be not just adminning, but running ours ? How can we be sure of your intentions ?

I mean, /tg/ is where I originally came from. Likewise, just replace them. Its that simple

RiskySikh

Postby RiskySikh » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:05 am #573875

capn_monkeypaw wrote:Image

Fine fuck it, you know one example of cockblocking was at Dootcord. You guys literally threatened any admin on that server for being deadminned for simply being on there. It was just simply a server to hangout with friends, and people from adminbus made a big deal over it.
Last edited by RiskySikh on Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Armhulen
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: it's a long story

Postby Armhulen » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:10 am #573876

For untold reasons, half of you need to leave.

This is the transparency you were looking for, right?
Go to bed bro, she's not thinking about you.

Sylphet
In-Game Admin

Postby Sylphet » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:13 am #573877

RiskySikh wrote:
Sylphet wrote:You say that you want to purge the admin team - the problem of wanting to remove many of the people that you're supposed to be leading aside, how would you plan on keeping admin coverage on all time zones ? Even with our current numbers, Manuel, for example, rarely has admins on during NA day time. There's also the conflict of interest that comes from your involvement with Beestation - Why would we want someone with an interest in a different server to be not just adminning, but running ours ? How can we be sure of your intentions ?

I mean, /tg/ is where I originally came from. Likewise, just replace them. Its that simple

Originally coming from TG doesn't really answer the question. You were permabanned from here, it's not impossible that you have some kind of grudge. I'm not saying that's true, but it is a concern. Are you familiar with the admin recruitment process ? How do you plan on finding enough candidates to replace the admins that you're removing ? How can we be certain that these candidates will be good quality, without experienced admins who have a sense for that ? Who is going to take the responsibility of training them ? What's going to happen in the few months after your purge where we have few full admins ?

RiskySikh

Postby RiskySikh » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:14 am #573878

Armhulen wrote:For untold reasons, half of you need to leave.

This is the transparency you were looking for, right?

I have reason with this Armhulen, I want to purge any inactive admins, or those that literally don't do jackshit, and just take up the admin role.

RiskySikh

Postby RiskySikh » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:15 am #573879

Sylphet wrote:
RiskySikh wrote:

Originally coming from TG doesn't really answer the question. You were permabanned from here, it's not impossible that you have some kind of grudge. I'm not saying that's true, but it is a concern. Are you familiar with the admin recruitment process ? How do you plan on finding enough candidates to replace the admins that you're removing ? How can we be certain that these candidates will be good quality, without experienced admins who have a sense for that ? Who is going to take the responsibility of training them ? What's going to happen in the few months after your purge where we have few full admins ?

What grudge, I have no grudge for this community at all. We will do an admin drive like we did at beestation. We can give active admins that we know and trust and give them admin trainer. I mean in a few months, we will slowly replace the ranks. Literally, I got people telling me that they support my campaign. It seems there are two perspectives one from the admins that frown on my campaign, and from the players who support it.

Sylphet
In-Game Admin

Postby Sylphet » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:23 am #573880

RiskySikh wrote:
Sylphet wrote:Originally coming from TG doesn't really answer the question. You were permabanned from here, it's not impossible that you have some kind of grudge. I'm not saying that's true, but it is a concern. Are you familiar with the admin recruitment process ? How do you plan on finding enough candidates to replace the admins that you're removing ? How can we be certain that these candidates will be good quality, without experienced admins who have a sense for that ? Who is going to take the responsibility of training them ? What's going to happen in the few months after your purge where we have few full admins ?

What grudge, I have no grudge for this community at all. We will do an admin drive like we did at beestation. We can give active admins that we know and trust and give them admin trainer. I mean in a few months, we will slowly replace the ranks. Literally, I got people telling me that they support my campaign. It seems there are two perspectives one from the admins that frown on my campaign, and from the players who support it.

What I mean by « what happens in the few months after the purge » is that we're going to have a *lot* of candymins and less experienced admins. This is going to cause a lot of confusion in rule enforcement, and it'll be a very rough few months for the server as they adjust to their positions, assuming we can even find enough people. We might lose players over it. Is that something that you're prepared to help prevent, or is it just acceptable losses ?

RiskySikh

Postby RiskySikh » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:30 am #573881

Sylphet wrote:
RiskySikh wrote:
Sylphet wrote:Originally coming from TG doesn't really answer the question. You were permabanned from here, it's not impossible that you have some kind of grudge. I'm not saying that's true, but it is a concern. Are you familiar with the admin recruitment process ? How do you plan on finding enough candidates to replace the admins that you're removing ? How can we be certain that these candidates will be good quality, without experienced admins who have a sense for that ? Who is going to take the responsibility of training them ? What's going to happen in the few months after your purge where we have few full admins ?

What I mean by « what happens in the few months after the purge » is that we're going to have a *lot* of candymins and less experienced admins. This is going to cause a lot of confusion in rule enforcement, and it'll be a very rough few months for the server as they adjust to their positions, assuming we can even find enough people. We might lose players over it. Is that something that you're prepared to help prevent, or is it just acceptable losses ?

Yeah "experienced", I love a bunch of inactive admins that been here since 2014, but don't do jackshit, and stay silent until headmin elections and voting for some admin that caters to their interests so they won't get fucked over. God I love it so much, it is acceptable losses. I mean man look at it, most of the 2014 players get replaced by 2015, 2016 by 2017, 2017 by 2018, etc. Its a cycle, there are some remains, but thats how it goes.

Qbmax32
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Qbmax32
Github Username: qbmax32

Postby Qbmax32 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:56 am #573884

RiskySikh wrote:Honestly, I will garner respect from the players man. Like, I am doing this for the players. This is what I hate, I ain't going to cater to a bunch of admins, I want to do this soley for the players and community who share my pains and qualms. Honestly with my plan, I am just hoping that another admin will have similar policies as me, because honestly every election or there is one headmin that get's gangbanged by the other 2 headmins and can't spread their policies. Likewise, I want to replace them its that simple. I know that admins are going at my neck, but it seems most of the players are chill with me. If my plan gets shutdown, I ain't going to be quiet, I want to be vocal, I ain't going to get fucked over by two other headmins.

The literal job of headmin is to work with both admins and players to ensure everyone is having fun. The literal point of the fucking job is to bring both groups together. Now not only will you be divided between beestation and /tg/, you've also just said you don't want to work with the admin team itself, which is, you know, kind of part of the job description. You will get fucked over by the two other headmins, because if they have any ounce of sense they'll know that the idea of purging half the the admin team due to "boomermins" and "cockblocking" is completely and utterly fucking retarded.
my admin feedback thread

quotes
Spoiler:
angelstarri wrote:qbmax is a retard

imsxz wrote:mythic please stop you’ve hit rock bottom and you KEEP DIGGING

deedubya wrote:I'll defend to the death your right to scream "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" on a constant basis, but I'll also equally defend the right of people to call you a fuckin' pillock for doing it.

datorangebottle wrote:what, not having to act like customer service in a volunteer customer service position?

Here's a rebuttal: you're literally in a customer service slash celebrity position. Volunteer or not.

Malkraz wrote:can you stop posting this shit

Nalzul wrote:Fuck Blob (can you imagine how hot it would be to be gangbanged by a bunch of blobbernauts, the blob, and spores)

Wyzack wrote:qbmax your pathetic display of abhorrent burgercraft has brought shame onto the omnivores

Plapatin wrote:i AM the senate

BONERMASTER wrote:I am a big thinker, and it would only be logical if my character had a big head as well. And glasses. Because only people that think, wear glasses.

feem wrote:i tried to send canisters of urine to the station but ended up turning all oxygen into urine and breaking lavaland and also breathing

Anonmare wrote:Each post in this thread can't settle on what it wants to be, but yet, each one is more cursed than the last.

Beesting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.

Vile Beggar wrote:i don't like this thread

imsxz wrote:nervore

FantasticFwoosh wrote:I will whisper sweet nothings that will confuse and perhaps scare you a little, but enhance the experience no-less.

afelinidisfinetoo wrote:By the way, the person who posted that catgirl porn on the github page was me. If anyone wants my private stash just PM me

Nervere wrote:Anything for a femoid.....

Qbopper wrote:I'm a dumb poopy butthead

CitrusGender wrote:god i love it when people feed me my own fried legs

Armhulen
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: it's a long story

Postby Armhulen » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:59 am #573885

yeah the whole reason you can fire half of us is because you are supposed to be our leader
Go to bed bro, she's not thinking about you.

RiskySikh

Postby RiskySikh » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:42 am #573891

Qbmax32 wrote:
RiskySikh wrote:Honestly, I will garner respect from the players man. Like, I am doing this for the players. This is what I hate, I ain't going to cater to a bunch of admins, I want to do this soley for the players and community who share my pains and qualms. Honestly with my plan, I am just hoping that another admin will have similar policies as me, because honestly every election or there is one headmin that get's gangbanged by the other 2 headmins and can't spread their policies. Likewise, I want to replace them its that simple. I know that admins are going at my neck, but it seems most of the players are chill with me. If my plan gets shutdown, I ain't going to be quiet, I want to be vocal, I ain't going to get fucked over by two other headmins.

The literal job of headmin is to work with both admins and players to ensure everyone is having fun. The literal point of the fucking job is to bring both groups together. Now not only will you be divided between beestation and /tg/, you've also just said you don't want to work with the admin team itself, which is, you know, kind of part of the job description. You will get fucked over by the two other headmins, because if they have any ounce of sense they'll know that the idea of purging half the the admin team due to "boomermins" and "cockblocking" is completely and utterly fucking retarded.

What, I have my best intentions of helping with the admin team, I just want to remove the inactive admins that don't do anything at all. That's it, regardless in the headmin elections people have policies that focus on a certain topic that puts other groups at a disadvantage. I can persuade them, or talk to them about it, and have a civil discussion. Honestly, I ain't going to get talked down, and give up. I want to try my best, and just do the best I can.

vkalls

Byond Username: Vincent Kallstrom

Postby vkalls » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:53 am #573894

I think everyone can agree that there are some pretty inactive admins. Some of them do what you say they do and show up out of the blue, ban someone, and then leave again. But how many of them could this actually be? And will it really help to just remove the 50-60% of admins that you are proposing be removed? No matter how easy you think it will be, getting even half of those numbers back is going to be hard. And for what, so you can remove the very small percentage who leave, come back and ban someone, and then leave again?

RiskySikh

Postby RiskySikh » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:03 am #573898

vkalls wrote:I think everyone can agree that there are some pretty inactive admins. Some of them do what you say they do and show up out of the blue, ban someone, and then leave again. But how many of them could this actually be? And will it really help to just remove the 50-60% of admins that you are proposing be removed? No matter how easy you think it will be, getting even half of those numbers back is going to be hard. And for what, so you can remove the very small percentage who leave, come back and ban someone, and then leave again?

Yeah, at least it will make the community a better place, and we can promote TG admin applications.

saprasam
TGMC Administrator

Byond Username: Saprasam

Postby saprasam » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:24 am #573901

you gotta have some HUGE quaking nuts to be able to admin on bee and tg
he has my vote
tgmc admin (I HAVE LOST HUMAN RIGHTS)

RiskySikh

Postby RiskySikh » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:04 am #573902

I also want to apologize for being rude or aggressive towards anyone on here, and I am really sorry for that. It's just that you got to defend your points, but eh elections are difficult you know. I apologize to anyone I offend.

remanseptim

Byond Username: Remanseptim

Postby remanseptim » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:23 am #573905

Not-Dorsidarf
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Postby Not-Dorsidarf » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:00 am #573911

Okay so I have a genuine question.

As your stated example of “Boomermin” zombie admin behaviour that needs to be purged you pointed to BGObandits incident, right?

But according to the activity stats you’ve been using bgobandit is in the top 25% of admin connections/playtime with over 2000 minutes in the last 30 days (in May) - more than your prospective co-headmin Domitius. What’s the deal with that?

PreviousNext

Return to Player's Headmin Election