Naloac - Dynamic as ever

Discuss policies and candidacies with the potential Headmins.

Moderator: oranges

Forum rules
Post a thread if you want to be a candidate. Must not be permabanned from the game servers or blacklisted.

Reply to a thread to interact with headmin candidates. Rules

Do not spam the same question in multiple threads, use the debate subforum for that.
Naloac
In-Game Head Admin

Byond Username: Naloac

Naloac - Dynamic as ever

Postby Naloac » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:25 am #573200

Who

im Naloac aka Lepi Mewtera Terry player and admin with occasional visits to bagil.

What
1- Changing all servers to dynamic.
2- To continue to get more admin trainers + admin candidates.
3- To encourage giving certain players namely event runners the abilities to run their own custom events
4- I want our bans to be public.
5- I want to cut out inactive admins coming back to ban someone then going inactive again.

Why
1- I want this on all servers not just the LRP servers. As having different types of antagonists in the same round would do alot better for general roleplay than instantly metaing the round. Putting dynamic inside of secret like we currently do on some of our servers misses the entire point of the mode as its a replacement to secret, not an addition. Of course id be willing to change around some numbers to make sure that the new dynamic nature would work better for roleplay servers

2- Fresh new admins are almost always our hardest workers and it really shows. probably due to the new ways of interacting with the game. Fresh blood stops our servers administration from devolving into the same meta clique.

3- This sorta thing happens sometimes on terry. Its a great way to get who are creative and have a passion for the game the ability to do a good fun round without having to hope some admin does it for you. Of course these event runners would have to be watched during the round to make sure they arent just abusing their new buttons.

4- Public bans would greatly increase transparency between our adminbase and playerbase. This sorta addition will help newer players know what to do and what to stay clear from. This also would be able to show alot of nuance that you only get from alot of playtime.

5- I would very much like to cut this sort of behavior out as I believe its detrimental to the entire community. This style of adminning adds so little and we could be better served by just getting new admins. Who will actually be useful to the community

Bye
I Might Be an admin, You should leave me feedback: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=24032
The best goddamn Comment on my youtube videos.

terranaut
TGMC Lead

Byond Username: Terranaut

Re: Naloac - Dynamic as ever

Postby terranaut » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:29 am #573201

One of the few people whom I'd believe everything they've posted here and generally think of as open, direct and honest.

Tell me I'm a good monki: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=24558

Swept

Byond Username: Swept

Postby Swept » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:40 am #573205

The venn diagram of people I respect and jannies is almost nonexistent.

Naloac is cool tho. I think they're fair and more importantly fun as an admin.

Go ahead man, the world is your oyster.

Timonk

Byond Username: Timonk

Postby Timonk » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:08 am #573261

the picture she posted makes sense because she can probably KO deedub IRL
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel

Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.

Tlaltecuhtli

Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Postby Tlaltecuhtli » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:15 am #573273

but the servers are already dynamic? like sybil is just low pop hubbies so its not a real server

terranaut
TGMC Lead

Postby terranaut » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:12 pm #573289

Tlaltecuhtli wrote:but the servers are already dynamic? like sybil is just low pop hubbies so its not a real server

The RP servers, Event Hall and Sybil are on Secret.

Stickymayhem
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Postby Stickymayhem » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:34 pm #573293

Why do you think there is no place for non-dynamic servers?
What is the benefit of every server having to play the same way and reducing variety?
Does anyone actually want this? Why aren't they playing on a dynamic server?

Cobby

Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Postby Cobby » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:11 pm #573300

The point of dynamic is that you arent playing the same way and reducing variety, hence why it's called dynamic.

That said, I'm hoping we can expect good relations with the code side from OP since I think dynamic would need to support events before I get sold on full implementation, especially for manuel where some people go explicitly for slower paced play.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current

Tarchonvaagh

Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Postby Tarchonvaagh » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:38 pm #573309

You got me at the title to be
Spoiler:

mod edit: spoiler big images noob
"You cannot defeat what lives on in the heart, and soul, of every TG player" - Birdboat
Leave thought-provoking posts at my thread!

PostThis post was deleted by Cobby on Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:21 pm.

PKPenguin321
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Postby PKPenguin321 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:36 pm #573342

Naloac wrote:Who

im Naloac aka Lepi Mewtera Terry player

I quite frankly almost stopped reading there

Your third point about recruiting more admins isn't really a point at all because anyone would have done that anyways, that's just the status quo. Your reason for it though is plain wrong, metacliques form regardless of adminship and they're cemented when a member of a metaclique gets into a position where they can recruit their buddies into admin roles. People that are already admins may not even know who each other are even if they've both been admins for a long time, like for example I don't really play Terry so I've only heard your name maybe twice before today.

Your fifth point is basically just "Fuck HG!" I can respect it but I don't think it will ever come up

Dynamic on all servers is ??? but remember that if your other two fellow headmins deny it you're SOL so you better have a pretty convincing case to swing them to your side, which I don't feel you gave here
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:

NecromancerAnne

Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Postby NecromancerAnne » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:38 pm #573361

When was the last time HG was an admin.

The more pertinent issue we have right now is a large sum of admins sitting in the role and doing exactly nothing. Not just hanging on the servers and not being an admin but quite literally not playing here or at all. I know of a few who have told me they probably arent coming back any time soon.

Which to me is a little troubling simply because their lack of activity might result in funny business while nobody is looking or expecting it. Like compromised accounts or just maybe them suddenly utilizing our tools for something malicious for whatever reason. I know we only ever empower those who already prove to be trustworthy in the position during trialminship, but some dude who has been in the role and had zero interaction for almost a whole year or so might be worth acknowledging as someone who probably has quit, and should be stripped of their power.

If they cared to step back into the role, they need only ask for being trialed again. But at least after having proven they do expect to have a presence on the server again.

capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Phuzzylodgik

Postby capn_monkeypaw » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:12 pm #573371

Naloac wrote:[/size]

What
5- I want to cut out inactive admins coming back to ban someone then going inactive again.

What exactly do you mean by this?

I've never heard this complaint before and the way you're phrasing it here leads one to think that you're accusing inactive admins of using their permissions to maliciously ban others without reason.

Is that the implication?

Can you provide specific examples?

Misdoubtful
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Postby Misdoubtful » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:50 pm #573382

Naloac wrote:1- Changing all servers to dynamic.

1- I want this on all servers not just the LRP servers. As having different types of antagonists in the same round would do alot better for general roleplay than instantly metaing the round. Putting dynamic inside of secret like we currently do on some of our servers misses the entire point of the mode as its a replacement to secret, not an addition. Of course id be willing to change around some numbers to make sure that the new dynamic nature would work better for roleplay servers

Dynamics config is able to be somewhat diverse in how it can be setup and orientated.

Would there be a sweet spot envisioned for the settings (Curve, threat, etc.) of dynamic through its config, or left be to its defaults?

Would there be differences to this setup between the LRP and MRP environments?

Naloac wrote:2- To continue to get more admin trainers + admin candidates.

2- Fresh new admins are almost always our hardest workers and it really shows. probably due to the new ways of interacting with the game. Fresh blood stops our servers administration from devolving into the same meta clique.

To be blunt, this is a goal that arguably should always be in mind, so what would make your approach to new blood different?

Naloac wrote:3- To encourage giving certain players namely event runners the abilities to run their own custom events

3- This sorta thing happens sometimes on terry. Its a great way to get who are creative and have a passion for the game the ability to do a good fun round without having to hope some admin does it for you. Of course these event runners would have to be watched during the round to make sure they arent just abusing their new buttons.

Seeing as there is a space for people to post their event ideas, would this part of that plan?

What would be a way to incentive others to want to contribute with events?

Events they build alone? More community effort (group) orientated ones? Both?
Hugs

Space Panda

Byond Username: Magnus Veritas

Postby Space Panda » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:46 pm #573402

4th best option so far, the cute catgirl pic got you some extra points with me

any special plans for mrp?
Last edited by Space Panda on Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Space Panda

Byond Username: Magnus Veritas

Postby Space Panda » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:47 pm #573403

i really really really like your profile picture

PostThis post was deleted by oranges on Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:05 pm.
Reason: low effort spam

PostThis post was deleted by oranges on Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:05 pm.
Reason: low effort spam

annoyinggreencatgirl

Byond Username: Uomo91

Postby annoyinggreencatgirl » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:04 pm #573415

Will you go to the winter ball with Kat Green again?

Jin

Byond Username: MonkyCocc

Postby Jin » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:17 am #573483

Naloac
In-Game Head Admin

Postby Naloac » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:37 am #573515

capn_monkeypaw wrote:
Naloac wrote:[/size]

What

What exactly do you mean by this?

I've never heard this complaint before and the way you're phrasing it here leads one to think that you're accusing inactive admins of using their permissions to maliciously ban others without reason.

Is that the implication?

Can you provide specific examples?

Jcll is my most recent memory of this happening. If literally anyone more active banned dootdumb the entire drama thing would have been way smaller in my personal opinion. Instead it became an entire mess. These sort of bans normally have a decent reason behind them although, Banning one person then disappearing and not interacting with the community again for months is a massive *I just did this to not get deadminned flag* to me. Inactive admins coming back and banning someone looks terrible on the admin team. I believe Ive also voiced this opinion many times in admin channels. Normally leading to a lengthy discussion from multiple parties.

In my personal opinion people who dont spend alot of time with our community anymore that are on the admin team should deadmin and come back when they actually have the passion and the activity for the game again.
I Might Be an admin, You should leave me feedback: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=24032

Naloac
In-Game Head Admin

Postby Naloac » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:51 am #573517

Misdoubtful wrote:
Dynamics config is able to be somewhat diverse in how it can be setup and orientated.

Would there be a sweet spot envisioned for the settings (Curve, threat, etc.) of dynamic through its config, or left be to its defaults?

Would there be differences to this setup between the LRP and MRP environments?

Naloac wrote:2- To continue to get more admin trainers + admin candidates.

To be blunt, this is a goal that arguably should always be in mind, so what would make your approach to new blood different?

Naloac wrote:3- To encourage giving certain players namely event runners the abilities to run their own custom events

Seeing as there is a space for people to post their event ideas, would this part of that plan?

What would be a way to incentive others to want to contribute with events?

Events they build alone? More community effort (group) orientated ones? Both?

To reply to the first part
yes Mrp and Lrp would have to have different threat levels. I dont think that we could keep them the same between all servers. Id have to work with MRP admins and players to get this in the right spot though.

To the second point
That goal should always be in mind yes. although we have alot of people with the ability to train and the most of the training seems to be done by the same people or not at all. id like to try and get more admins in on training. I also believe that trialminning is just that. A trial. Its a defacto idea around server that once you get trialminned your going to get jannied. I believe this is a bad line of thought and prevents us from taking on seemingly *riskier* admins. Like me for example. I like to think Im a good admin ingame. Ive been banned before for metacomms. I was seen at the time as a riskier admin pick. I also believe I was only ever decided on because of the meme status I had. There is players like me that I believe would be good picks for admin but would almost certainly not get it because of a ban from the past when they just started here.

To the third point
Right now people have no idea that they can even ask for build mode. I have never once had any player EVER ask for build mode to do an event, Or to even do an event. I have had event runners ask though. I believe we have alot of players who would love to run an event but dont even realize that its an option they have. Id like to get that option infront of them. Teach them how to do it and *with supervision* Let them do events. Obviously with a vote ingame to make sure the players ingame want an event round. Id also love to keep stuff like the toolbox tourny going. Although Big events like that would require alot of work from both players and headmins. Id be willing to continue this sort of event. Also to answer the part about group events, We have the mapper role in the discord that is only really used for the big mega events. Id like to give more people this role and allow them to talk with other like minded people about events.

Naloac
In-Game Head Admin

Postby Naloac » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:53 am #573518

Space Panda wrote:2nd best option so far, the cute catgirl pic got you some extra points with me

any special plans for mrp?

Apart from dynamic? I wont lie and say that I do. if I did plan to change anything with mrp id need to take in alot of opinions from MRP players and admins.

P.S The profile pic was made by the same person who made the safety moth art its v epic. bobbahbee brown got it for me from them.

annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:Will you go to the winter ball with Kat Green again?

always

Naloac
In-Game Head Admin

Postby Naloac » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:54 am #573519

Stickymayhem wrote:Why do you think there is no place for non-dynamic servers?
What is the benefit of every server having to play the same way and reducing variety?
Does anyone actually want this? Why aren't they playing on a dynamic server?

what cobby said. Secret is just a worse form of dynamic arguing otherwise is just plain wrong.

NecromancerAnne

Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Postby NecromancerAnne » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:33 am #573527

Personally, I'm hesitant to agree with an all dynamic server simply because I don't believe some antagonists have any place being in a round that isn't their own game mode. Ops, revs and cult are incredibly disruptive and round defining at times, as is wizard, and that's more than half of our available antags out of the roster already. There isn't as much internal balance consistency to a round where a traitor can be also equipped with cult gear and suddenly be exponentially more powerful than an individual cultist might normally be. I don't believe dynamic is in a good enough state right now simply because I don't think our game modes are in a good enough state for dynamic, and I would be rather against pushing all our servers into running it.

Rohesie
Code Maintainer

Byond Username: Rohesie

Postby Rohesie » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:52 am #573725

Naloac wrote:Jcll is my most recent memory of this happening. If literally anyone more active banned dootdumb the entire drama thing would have been way smaller in my personal opinion. Instead it became an entire mess. These sort of bans normally have a decent reason behind them although, Banning one person then disappearing and not interacting with the community again for months is a massive *I just did this to not get deadminned flag* to me. Inactive admins coming back and banning someone looks terrible on the admin team. I believe Ive also voiced this opinion many times in admin channels. Normally leading to a lengthy discussion from multiple parties.

You say that the ban shouldn't have come from Jcll, and it's implied that you do not contest the ban itself. Would you have placed it yourself? What have you handled differently, if anything?

What was your association with the dootcord and associated group, before and after its implosion?

Do you feel that following situation was handled appropriately? If not, what action would you have taken as headmin, if any? Do you believe there was an issue there to be addressed?

Naloac
In-Game Head Admin

Postby Naloac » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:23 pm #573942

Rohesie wrote:
Naloac wrote:Jcll is my most recent memory of this happening. If literally anyone more active banned dootdumb the entire drama thing would have been way smaller in my personal opinion. Instead it became an entire mess. These sort of bans normally have a decent reason behind them although, Banning one person then disappearing and not interacting with the community again for months is a massive *I just did this to not get deadminned flag* to me. Inactive admins coming back and banning someone looks terrible on the admin team. I believe Ive also voiced this opinion many times in admin channels. Normally leading to a lengthy discussion from multiple parties.

You say that the ban shouldn't have come from Jcll, and it's implied that you do not contest the ban itself. Would you have placed it yourself? What have you handled differently, if anything?

What was your association with the dootcord and associated group, before and after its implosion?

Do you feel that following situation was handled appropriately? If not, what action would you have taken as headmin, if any? Do you believe there was an issue there to be addressed?

I would have. Im friends with alot of the dootcord members. AKA fellow admins, players and one of our current headmins. I had people in there I really didnt like but the server was open to anyone and it wasnt mine so I didnt bother them they didnt bother me. I feel like the headmins took the choice they had on the table not a good choice but a choice. Better than some of our other headmin terms. I dont believe this was the best choice as it caused unneeded anger in the servers administration. From my time in that server I saw people talking in private about admins they didnt like. Then I saw admins in admin channels reposting images from the server and circle jerking themselves into a frenzy of *harassment* from words said in private. The server had its issues of certain retards gone from our community being there. The reason for the admin ordered exodus was almost certainly in my opinion due to these people being there. The fallout of this order was effectively souring the opinions of many regular players and admins due to the presence of few.

Naloac
In-Game Head Admin

Postby Naloac » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:28 pm #573944

NecromancerAnne wrote:Personally, I'm hesitant to agree with an all dynamic server simply because I don't believe some antagonists have any place being in a round that isn't their own game mode. Ops, revs and cult are incredibly disruptive and round defining at times, as is wizard, and that's more than half of our available antags out of the roster already. There isn't as much internal balance consistency to a round where a traitor can be also equipped with cult gear and suddenly be exponentially more powerful than an individual cultist might normally be. I don't believe dynamic is in a good enough state right now simply because I don't think our game modes are in a good enough state for dynamic, and I would be rather against pushing all our servers into running it.

I see where your coming from but I disagree. While dynamic does role traitors and revs sometimes. This sort of thing doesnt seem *in my viewing+ playing on terry* give any major buffs to a singular antag. One thing I do dislike is due to one of our rules *aka my favorite rule* That lone antagonists can do whatever they want. This rule gives so much freedom to antagonists but in dynamic with team antagonists it can be utterly stupid when you see traitors run to cult to be converted.
Id think about implementing a rule where you cant *willingly* join team antagonists but you could join them unwillingly

Sylphet
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Sylphet

Postby Sylphet » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:40 pm #573947

Naloac wrote:Id think about implementing a rule where you cant *willingly* join team antagonists but you could join them unwillingly

How would this be enforced ? People already try to get away with accidentally(tm) making themselves vulnerable to conversion antags.
Tell me how much you think that I should be thrown out of the nearest airlock !
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=27175

Timonk

Byond Username: Timonk

Postby Timonk » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:25 pm #573965

isnt that already a rule
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel

Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.

Naloac
In-Game Head Admin

Postby Naloac » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:05 pm #573998

Sylphet wrote:
Naloac wrote:Id think about implementing a rule where you cant *willingly* join team antagonists but you could join them unwillingly

How would this be enforced ? People already try to get away with accidentally(tm) making themselves vulnerable to conversion antags.

same way as it currently is with regular non antags. Yeah you can get around it but obvious attempts will get you noticed and punished.

Timonk wrote:isnt that already a rule

for non antags? yes. For antags? No

NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: NikNakflak

Postby NikNakFlak » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:25 pm #574191

I don't have anything against you but I don't agree with many of your ideas. Middle of my ballot somewhere I suppose.
Best of luck in the race.
REDACTED
pm for deets

Naloac
In-Game Head Admin

Postby Naloac » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:16 pm #574271

NikNakFlak wrote:I don't have anything against you but I don't agree with many of your ideas. Middle of my ballot somewhere I suppose.
Best of luck in the race.

<3 better than the bottom

terranaut
TGMC Lead

Postby terranaut » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:03 pm #574956

I'd like to reaffirm my endorsement of this campaign and also contribute this propaganda material to show I'm serious.

Return to Player's Headmin Election