MemeDokter Rebuilds the station.

Discuss policies and candidacies with the potential Headmins.

Moderator: oranges

Forum rules
Post a thread if you want to be a candidate. Must not be permabanned from the game servers or blacklisted.

Reply to a thread to interact with headmin candidates. Rules

Do not spam the same question in multiple threads, use the debate subforum for that.
Memedokter

Byond Username: Memedokter

MemeDokter Rebuilds the station.

Postby Memedokter » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:47 am #573469

Hey There! This is probably the first time you've heard of me. I've decided to run for Headmin as a start to me ideally being more active in the forums and theres no better way of doing that than jumping neck deep.
Who am I?
I primarily play as The Chief Engineer Jill Stingray, known hardass who will die protecting her department and the station itself. Jill is loved by Engineers, Tolerated by the other departments, And feared by shitters who would break in and try to harm her domain.

Policies
  • Make the Servers more welcoming to all players
    As it stands one of the huge reasons Manuel has taken off is that a lot of TG holds what a fair amount of people would see as an Unwelcoming posture to other players. Sethtider is seen as a mark of shame or used as an insult to the players who came to find a new an interesting game surrounded by what i would hope to make an amazing community. I want to see these servers as bastions of people who are always happy to include someone new into their ranks.
    A way of moving forward on this i think would be to help share information to new players instead of everyone trying to hoard knowledge. I'm a part of the Manuel side server and one of the big features of there is Class category of channels where people can ask questions as well as write guides on various things from how to grow plants and roll traits in botany, to what items in a sec officers armory do, to how to make a great virus to help the station. A mentor role would be a nice starting point for those who want to help new comers.
    As whole i wish to see the servers become more welcoming to all kinds of players from all backgrounds.
  • Help bridge the disconnect between the playerbase and the staff.
    As it stands right now i feel that a lot of the vitriol between the playerbase and the staff is because there seems to be a disconnect between a majority of the playerbase and staff. I ideally would hope to make there be a better understanding between the two groups to help ease tension i have noticed from my time playing.

Closing Statement
I adore and love TG, from my first days as a cargo tech in event hall learning how to light a cigarette, to my time now as The Chief Engineer who will dive into infernos to prevent a single person die. And i want to do my best to help TG grow into an amazing place in game and out of Game. I'll do my best to answer any questions i can i look forward to talking with you all!
Image Image
Image Image

Armhulen
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: it's a long story

Re: MemeDokter Rebuilds the station.

Postby Armhulen » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:27 am #573481

Voting this one high for a player vote: No bullshit edition

(Good campaign to run as a player, focuses on all the right things)
Go to bed bro, she's not thinking about you.

Timonk

Byond Username: Timonk

Postby Timonk » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:08 am #573533

Badly edited super smash bros meme im putting you at the bottom

When are we adding anthros
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel

Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.

Flatulent

Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Postby Flatulent » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:19 am #573543

how do you hope to achieve the second point
it is only feasible when both admin team and players have good opinion of you and yet you mention yourself how nobody even knows who you are
bindy liberation front
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries

cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post

cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.

Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.

FloranOtten
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: FloranOtten

Postby FloranOtten » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:22 am #573544

Mentors are great for sharing information, but it doesn't address the other parts. How are you planning to make the community friendly to new faces?
OOC: BeeSting12: i love you floran

1. You may not injure a revs are non humans or, through inaction, allow a revs are non humans to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by revs are non humanss, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Give me feedback!

vkalls

Byond Username: Vincent Kallstrom

Postby vkalls » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:37 pm #573550

Would you support banning slurs IC or OOC?

What's your opinion on the dog?

Do you support banning the words "pissy shitties" on all /tg/ servers?

PostThis post was deleted by oranges on Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:21 pm.
Reason: nobody cares about your opinion, this is a candidate thread

Memedokter

Postby Memedokter » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:16 pm #573623

Flatulent wrote:how do you hope to achieve the second point
it is only feasible when both admin team and players have good opinion of you and yet you mention yourself how nobody even knows who you are

I would ideally want to start by building up my reputation with both the admin team and the playerbase so that they would both be able to act in good faith with each other. The way i would start with building that reputation would be to getting to know my fellow headmins and what they want to accomplish.
Image Image
Image Image

Memedokter

Postby Memedokter » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:23 pm #573625

vkalls wrote: What's your opinion on the dog?

I think the dog is a fascinating and divisive figure in the community, And before i would want to make a final decision i would need to know about it's stance on the cursed food.

Do you support banning the words "pissy shitties" on all /tg/ servers?

Absolutely that cursed food is an abomination and any Pissy Shitties sympathizers will be put into the Bastille.
Last edited by Memedokter on Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Image Image

Memedokter

Postby Memedokter » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:27 pm #573626

FloranOtten wrote:Mentors are great for sharing information, but it doesn't address the other parts. How are you planning to make the community friendly to new faces?

From what I've witnessed some of the hate against new players would be from them mucking up rounds due to being bad at the game. Helping new players get a running start in the game would by its nature reduce that vitriol. Another Method would be trying to use as much positive reinforcement as possible. Encourage players who go out of their way to be kind and welcoming to new players.
Mentors are great for sharing information, but it doesn't address the other parts. How are you planning to make the community friendly to new faces?
Would you support banning slurs IC or OOC?

I honestly know the community would have a huge pushback against a hard censorship of all Slurs so i would push for a ban on them on Manuel at first as a lot of people there i know for a fact find them distasteful, Honestly i feel as though the huge use of them is one of the other main deterrents for new players. Nothing of great value would be lost but i feel we would have so much to gain by opening up the community to being more welcoming of all kinds of people.
Image Image
Image Image

Sylphet
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Sylphet

Postby Sylphet » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:52 am #573865

Memedokter wrote:As it stands right now i feel that a lot of the vitriol between the playerbase and the staff is because there seems to be a disconnect between a majority of the playerbase and staff. I ideally would hope to make there be a better understanding between the two groups to help ease tension i have noticed from my time playing.

Do you have an actual plan for improving communication, or is this only a goal ? If you don't have a plan, do you at least have some ideas for things that might work ? Where do you think the source of the poor communication is ?
Tell me how much you think that I should be thrown out of the nearest airlock !
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=27175

Memedokter

Postby Memedokter » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:32 am #574084

Sylphet wrote:
Memedokter wrote:As it stands right now i feel that a lot of the vitriol between the playerbase and the staff is because there seems to be a disconnect between a majority of the playerbase and staff. I ideally would hope to make there be a better understanding between the two groups to help ease tension i have noticed from my time playing.

Do you have an actual plan for improving communication, or is this only a goal ? If you don't have a plan, do you at least have some ideas for things that might work ? Where do you think the source of the poor communication is ?

That's an excellent question which is honestly hard to answer as someone who doesn't have all the information. One of the things I want to target is the ahelp process, it is unsurprisingly one of the biggest spots of friction between players and admins. Part of being an admin from what I understand is using that tool to establish communication and to gain further context while using the logs to confirm what has happened. Saying that though no one enjoys getting bwoinked, getting told that you're screwing up or that you've done something wrong doesn't feel good and is easy to be on the defensive because of that. Admins should be able to understand how frustrating this experience is and have the ability to be flexible enough to establish clear communication. The onus is on the players as well to be polite and receptive to what the admins have to say. No one is going to stand to gain anything from going into an interaction with bad faith or hostility in mind.

As for having a plan right now honestly its not really feasible for me to have a well laid out one, but i would want to talk with the admin team to get as many of their points of view on how they think the whole process could be made better. As you yourself are an admin, how do you feel the process could be made better from your perspective?
Image Image
Image Image

Rohesie
Code Maintainer

Byond Username: Rohesie

Postby Rohesie » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:32 pm #574305

Never has tg elected a non-admin to a headmin role, in the past. From what I understand you have never adminned on tg.
Do you have previous experience moderating other SS13 servers and generally communities?
If elected you'd be in both a position of authority by rank and need to learn the ropes, be admin-trained, by the same people you'll tell how to do their jobs.
How would you manage that?

dragomagol
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Dragomagol

Postby dragomagol » Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:23 am #574320

Memedokter wrote:That's an excellent question which is honestly hard to answer as someone who doesn't have all the information. One of the things I want to target is the ahelp process, it is unsurprisingly one of the biggest spots of friction between players and admins. Part of being an admin from what I understand is using that tool to establish communication and to gain further context while using the logs to confirm what has happened. Saying that though no one enjoys getting bwoinked, getting told that you're screwing up or that you've done something wrong doesn't feel good and is easy to be on the defensive because of that. Admins should be able to understand how frustrating this experience is and have the ability to be flexible enough to establish clear communication. The onus is on the players as well to be polite and receptive to what the admins have to say. No one is going to stand to gain anything from going into an interaction with bad faith or hostility in mind.

I'm very curious what you mean by "flexible enough to establish clear communications," and I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Could you give an example of what you want this process to look like?
I observe as play Mothemilian/Tattletale

Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Return to Player's Headmin Election