Gogo9001- It's time for an update.

Discuss policies and candidacies with the potential Headmins.

Moderator: oranges

Forum rules
Post a thread if you want to be a candidate. Must not be permabanned from the game servers or blacklisted.

Reply to a thread to interact with headmin candidates. Rules

Do not spam the same question in multiple threads, use the debate subforum for that.
Gogodapogostick
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Gogo9001

Gogo9001- It's time for an update.

Postby Gogodapogostick » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:38 am #591815

Good afternoon everyone. It is I, Clark Ulton, here to improve your administrative function and quality gaming time.

Main Platform Point

Spoiler:
I would like to do a complete standardization of the rules page, the MRP rules page, and the headmin rulings page.

Standard rules page
I would like to generally clean up, reorganize, and add more examples to the rules page and the precedents on it. While I believe the main rules are clear as day, I feel as though adding a baseline time for many general rulebreaks (such as the current 24h per unjustified death example) would make both administrative action easier and clearer, and allow players to see the severity of different actions. Of course, these would simply be guidelines, and it would be up to admin discretion as to whether they will follow them strictly or not. I would also like to add more examples, bring the whole page up to date with the codebase and policy changes since it was last updated. Adding more examples, while increasing page bloat, can be very useful if organized effectively. I would also like to work on clearing up silicon policy a bit, but I have nothing specific in mind as the updates to silicon policy are still changing in the respective policy thread.

Headmin rulings page
The headmin rulings page is not in a good spot as-is. It is barely organized, not very well maintained, and is not pleasing to the eyes. There are many important rulings that have been made recently or in the past that should be on here, but a vast amount are not. I plan on doing a complete rework of this page by reorganizing it into better sections such as escalation issues, silicon law interpretations, and other larger, more general groupings. If these get too large, these can be split into more specific sections based upon general groupings that could be made within the section. I will, of course, update the table of contents accordingly. I believe that admins and players should be able to refer to this page readily, and be able to find rulings in a convenient manner, as they are able to with the main rules page.

MRP rules page
As I am not a manuel admin, but I still want to work on this standardization of the rules, I will work with manuel admins and players to carry over the same thing I am doing to the main rules page to the MRP rules page. That is all for this section.

Other, smaller platform point
Spoiler:
I would like to try reimplementing station drones to the server, as they are currently disabled in config. Station drones were taken out of circulation seemingly due to the many administrative issues they brought up, so I have some changes I would like to make to rules for them and the interpretations of both their laws and how strictly breaches are handled. I'm not saying they would be reintroduced with 100% certainty, but I would like to give it a try. Of course, these changes are not all that I would like to make to improve the station drones' policy, but I will not be listing them all here.

Other various stances

Spoiler:
1. I would like to keep dynamic on all servers, and adjust it in line with dynamic 2021 as Mothblocks has made it.
2. I would like to continue to get rid of the very inactive admins the same way we have been doing so far this term, as having some who are inactive but not completely gone is not much of an issue.

If you have any questions about my platform or my stances upon any issue, feel free to ask!
Attachments
gogo.png
Last edited by Gogodapogostick on Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:28 am, edited 3 times in total.

remanseptim

Byond Username: Remanseptim

Re: Gogo9001- It's time for an update.

Postby remanseptim » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:46 am #591818

first for the age of clark

MortoSasye

Byond Username: MortoSasye

Postby MortoSasye » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:54 am #591822

Here to publicly support Gogo.

Has the right attitude, kept it short and sweet, and his desired objectives are all reachable.
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
NSFW:

SuperNovaa41

Byond Username: SuperNovaa41

Postby SuperNovaa41 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:55 am #591824

a vote for Clark is a vote for bagil
I play Seth Scherer on bagil

MrDoomBringer

Byond Username: MrDoomBringer

Postby MrDoomBringer » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:03 am #591835

i fully support clark ulton in his actions

Domitius

Byond Username: Domitius

Postby Domitius » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:04 am #591837

We like Clark

Domitius

Postby Domitius » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:05 am #591841

What makes being a Headmin important to your main platform points? Do you have experience editing in ours or any other Wikis?

bobbahbrown

Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Postby bobbahbrown » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:07 am #591844

your main platform as it stands appears to be entirely wiki edits, unless i misunderstood.

have you undertaken attempts at any of these changes up until this point? if so, have you had troubles completing them as an admin; if you haven't attempted them yet, why?

regardless, this is a reasonable achievable platform, and if anything its unique! i like keeping dynamic on all the servers.

best of luck,
bobbah 'bee' brown

Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Hulkamania

Postby Hulkamania » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:09 am #591846

You said you want to rework drones and you have ideas, can you tell us what those ideas ARE? I've seen this come up the last few elections and no one has successfully brought forth a concrete change other than vague wants for a rework.

dragomagol
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Dragomagol

Postby dragomagol » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:09 am #591848

Gogodapogostick wrote:I would also like to work on clearing up silicon policy a bit, but I have nothing specific in mind as the updates to silicon policy are still changing in the respective policy thread.

Is this reference in the first half to silicon policy the one we have on the wiki now, or the rewrite? And why not start a policy thread for the other suggestions?
Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Gogodapogostick
In-Game Admin

Postby Gogodapogostick » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:10 am #591849

Domitius wrote:What makes being a Headmin important to your main platform points? Do you have experience editing in ours or any other Wikis?

I do not have experience in editing our wiki, though I am one of the head wiki editors for a game called Barony. As for your first question, being a head admin allows me to work with the team and the other headmins to more easily capture a full picture on what changes people would like to see. While I already have some ideas set in my mind the ability to poll and use admin channels to more effectively contact the full admin team for their input. Also, when a ruling is made (that my input is required for), it will be easier to immediately add it to the headmin rulings page, and through policy discussion immediately implement any revisions.

Gogodapogostick
In-Game Admin

Postby Gogodapogostick » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:18 am #591863

dragomagol wrote:
Gogodapogostick wrote:I would also like to work on clearing up silicon policy a bit, but I have nothing specific in mind as the updates to silicon policy are still changing in the respective policy thread.

Is this reference in the first half to silicon policy the one we have on the wiki now, or the rewrite? And why not start a policy thread for the other suggestions?

The first half is in reference to silicon policy, and the second part is about the updates. The reason why I am not making a separate policy thread is that I don't want to step on your toes, and want to let you finish all of your changes before I mess with anything.

Domitius

Postby Domitius » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:27 am #591869

Gogodapogostick wrote:
Domitius wrote:What makes being a Headmin important to your main platform points? Do you have experience editing in ours or any other Wikis?

I do not have experience in editing our wiki, though I am one of the head wiki editors for a game called Barony. As for your first question, being a head admin allows me to work with the team and the other headmins to more easily capture a full picture on what changes people would like to see. While I already have some ideas set in my mind the ability to poll and use admin channels to more effectively contact the full admin team for their input. Also, when a ruling is made (that my input is required for), it will be easier to immediately add it to the headmin rulings page, and through policy discussion immediately implement any revisions.

I'm glad to hear you have experience and plan to use the role of headmin effectively.

I trained Gogo and can speak that they are an incredibly good admin and very chill to hang out with. They would make a fine headmin.

dragomagol
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Dragomagol

Postby dragomagol » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:29 am #591872

Gogodapogostick wrote:
dragomagol wrote:

The first half is in reference to silicon policy, and the second part is about the updates. The reason why I am not making a separate policy thread is that I don't want to step on your toes, and want to let you finish all of your changes before I mess with anything.

Oh, I meant I was wondering why you hadn't started a thread about the other changes you want to make. (And if you have feedback on the rewrite, do give it a lookover and bring up any concerns/suggestions you have!)
Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Vekter
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Vekter

Postby Vekter » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:29 am #591873

Gogo's a fucking nerd.

He's also a nerd that knows his shit. He's a bit green, but I still back him.

Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you

SpookiBoogie
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: SpookiBoogi

Postby SpookiBoogie » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:30 am #591875

Gogo took the time to ask a "literally who" admin like me for support so he could be able to represent Sybil, and each of the servers for that matter, and took the time to explain his platform one on one before he even had it written down. This kind of initiative and insight seems like a great trait for a headmin. Also his platform may not be shooting for the stars but I find it all to be pretty agreeable and would much prefer a level headed headmin with achievable goals than someone taking on an insurmountable challenge. Lets go Gogo!

Plapatin
In-Game Game Master

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:
Byond Username: Plapatin

Postby Plapatin » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:41 am #591884

he's goated
wesoda25 wrote:i had a dream that me and some friends were like in this tribal village and we were all doing cocaine around this massive bonfire and I kept seeing all these foreshadowing elements that we were gonna die but i just did more cocaine

OrdoM wrote:Argent, a swan argent over a saltire vert - the vert representing the vomit cast upon the floor by the vomitgoose

EOBGames
Code Maintainer

Byond Username: EOBGames

Postby EOBGames » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:10 am #591928

Would you be able to elaborate on some of your ideas for drones? You've mentioned wanting to reintroduce them, but you've given little concrete on how you would seek to do that, and given the administrative headache they caused before their prior removal, I think concrete information is needed if you want it to be a platform point.
Everyone's favourite internewt. Je maptiendrai.
In the rare event that I'm on the server, I'm either Inept-At-Job or Kayden Riker. Accept no substitutes.
If you've gotta contact me, hit me up on discord, as I don't really check forum DMs: @Emerald_or_Bust#1314
Spoiler:
Beware the Chilledstation, for it approaches.

TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer

Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Postby TheFinalPotato » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:20 am #591982

Drones aren't actually config, so uh, make a pr I guess?

Edit: Rest of the platform is quite nice, godspeed

Gogodapogostick
In-Game Admin

Postby Gogodapogostick » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:36 am #591988

TheFinalPotato wrote:Drones aren't actually config, so uh, make a pr I guess?

Apologies for the confusion, I will strike it through on the platform, as it is (sadly) no longer applicable. Thanks for letting me know.
As per the post below, it is actually up to headmins!
Last edited by Gogodapogostick on Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

RaveRadbury
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Postby RaveRadbury » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:52 am #591996

TheFinalPotato wrote:Drones aren't actually config, so uh, make a pr I guess?

Enabling drones is a matter of headmin approval, see: https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/48456
How's my administrating? Call 1-800-RADBURY
ImageImageImage
Heart Emoji ~ Winter Ball Queen 2019

Indie-ana Jones

Byond Username: Indie-ana Jones

Postby Indie-ana Jones » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:55 am #591998

Having drones back would be nice, with the higher abundance of midround antagonists due to Dynamic 2021, they might not be as plentiful as they once were. Still, I think they should come back since they would definitely make fastmos both bearable, that's for sure.

Exavere
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Exavere

Postby Exavere » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:23 am #592008

Very nice and simple Platform indeed, I feel Gogo will do a fine job in taking care of Bagi- the community as a whole. They didn't bribe me with Plasmeme being the only playable race that can shoot lasers out of their eyes if they won Headmin, so my belief of their ability to do well is backed with complete non-bias.

Memes aside, I do believe Clark can do a good job. No questions yet, good luck!
The Plasmeme life is not an easy one.

Gogodapogostick
In-Game Admin

Postby Gogodapogostick » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:23 am #592009

EOBGames wrote:Would you be able to elaborate on some of your ideas for drones? You've mentioned wanting to reintroduce them, but you've given little concrete on how you would seek to do that, and given the administrative headache they caused before their prior removal, I think concrete information is needed if you want it to be a platform point.

Hulkamania wrote:You said you want to rework drones and you have ideas, can you tell us what those ideas ARE? I've seen this come up the last few elections and no one has successfully brought forth a concrete change other than vague wants for a rework.

As it has been brought to my attention that drones are up for reimplementation at headmin approval (via https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/48456, thanks Rave), I was actually planning on implementing all of the features listed here, though less effectively through policy. I would also like to make their laws similar to those of the derelict drones, where they should not interact with crewmembers, simplemobs, or other silicons unless strictly necessary to repair the station. I would also like to change their flavor text to stress the fact more that they are there to repair the station, not go around helping the crew with tasks.

They are not supposed to be interacting with the crew, which was the issue before. I was also planning on implementing the same guidelines as I am creating with the main rules (with general ban times and such) to make it much easier for admins to handle these kinds of situations.
Last edited by Gogodapogostick on Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Hulkamania

Postby Hulkamania » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:54 am #592026

Gogodapogostick wrote:
They are not supposed to be interacting with the crew, which was the issues before. I was also planning on implementing the same guidelines as I am creating with the main rules (with general ban times and such) to make it much easier for admins to handle these kinds of situations.

How is this different than the laws they had before? That was pretty much the state they were in when they were removed.

Gogodapogostick
In-Game Admin

Postby Gogodapogostick » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:29 am #592034

Hulkamania wrote:
Gogodapogostick wrote:
They are not supposed to be interacting with the crew, which was the issues before. I was also planning on implementing the same guidelines as I am creating with the main rules (with general ban times and such) to make it much easier for admins to handle these kinds of situations.

How is this different than the laws they had before? That was pretty much the state they were in when they were removed.

From what I have heard, generally drones were not dealt with a harsh hand. With more concrete, clear reinforcement and application of the rules, along with the flavor text change, hopefully admins will have an easier time dealing with things. Nothing is set in stone at the moment, so if these changes don't work, that's fine! We can always disable it in config if the reception isn't good.

jackrip

Byond Username: Jackrip

Postby jackrip » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:39 am #592037

Bring in the era of ultron, gogo is a great admin and a great player

bigfatbananacyclops

Byond Username: Bigfatbananacyclops

Postby bigfatbananacyclops » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:41 am #592038

Gogo is a nice person to have in the community, i've been around him for a long time in the /tg/ community and have always liked him. He'd make a good headmin.

His proposition to clean up, organize and makes the rules page more proper looks very good.

Good luck friend

gum disease
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: GUM DISEASE

Postby gum disease » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:43 am #592075

Gogo is a good egg. I believe that he genuinely does care about the community, and I have faith that he'd be a great headmin.
I'm pleased about his stance on bringing back drones (as you already know, gogo); it was one of my favourite ghost roles and I was very disappointed to see them go.
I understand why they were a headache to administrate, but I think there are better ways of dealing with drone misconduct than simply switching them off for everyone.

He is also a very affable, patient and fun admin and player! I'm always happy to see him online. So... I'd be absolutely elated to see him as a headmin! Good luck, Gogo! <3
Image no aim, smooth brain, i'm a borg main.

Nist

Byond Username: Nist

Postby Nist » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:35 pm #592165

Regarding your main point, I agree that rules need to be changed (and you have my vote just for that), but I want to know more about what motivated you to drive it as your primary point, as well as a rough route of changes and what you'd say are going to be the biggest problems to accomplish your goal.

Good luck on the election.

BorisvcBorison
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Boris vc Borisvon

Postby BorisvcBorison » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:24 pm #592211

I believe he has the methods and will necessary to be a good headmin

Gogodapogostick
In-Game Admin

Postby Gogodapogostick » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:27 am #592408

Nist wrote:Regarding your main point, I agree that rules need to be changed (and you have my vote just for that), but I want to know more about what motivated you to drive it as your primary point, as well as a rough route of changes and what you'd say are going to be the biggest problems to accomplish your goal.

Good luck on the election.

What motivated me to drive it as my primary point was actually the policy thread to change silicon policy. Originally (about 2 months ago or so), I was planning on running on simply changing silicon policy and cleaning it up, but after the policy thread released, I decided to go bigger and do a standardization of all rules, not just silicon.

As for a rough route of changes, I am planning on working through the rules and precedents to give the baseline punishments sequentially (rule 0 -> rule 1, and so on), doing the main rules first, followed by the headmin rulings updates and organization, then heading to the MRP rules. I am planning on using my own judgement plus the opinions of my fellow headmins to enact reasonable, fair times for each example, and in adding my own precedents that I feel will be useful in modern TG

As for my biggest problems with updating these rules will probably just be the sheer magnitude of situations that need to be judged to give an effective ruling on so many situations and precedents. It will be a lot of work, but it should be very worthwhile for the admins and players of today and those in the future.

RaveRadbury
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Postby RaveRadbury » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:45 am #592521

Why do you need headmin to edit the wiki? Isn't this something that you can do now, for the most part? Do you plan on moving forward with your plans if you do not get headmin?
How's my administrating? Call 1-800-RADBURY
ImageImageImage
Heart Emoji ~ Winter Ball Queen 2019

Gogodapogostick
In-Game Admin

Postby Gogodapogostick » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:28 pm #592556

RaveRadbury wrote:Why do you need headmin to edit the wiki? Isn't this something that you can do now, for the most part? Do you plan on moving forward with your plans if you do not get headmin?

Your first question is already answered in this thread (https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=28570#p591849, for reference). It isn’t just editing the wiki, it’s the actual rules and the discussion of all the rulings and the changes I want to make based on them.

As for your second question, if I am not elected as headmin, I will see what I can do to carry this out but no promises. It will be much harder to work with all the headmins closely enough to get fair and accurate baselines for all infractions for all the different situations I want to be considered.

Gogodapogostick
In-Game Admin

Postby Gogodapogostick » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:48 am #592706

bobbahbrown wrote:your main platform as it stands appears to be entirely wiki edits, unless i misunderstood.

have you undertaken attempts at any of these changes up until this point? if so, have you had troubles completing them as an admin; if you haven't attempted them yet, why?

regardless, this is a reasonable achievable platform, and if anything its unique! i like keeping dynamic on all the servers.

best of luck,
bobbah 'bee' brown

Sorry Bobbah, just saw that there was actually a couple of questions in here. I would like to say I have not attempted to implement these changes so far, but my reasons for waiting and why being a headmin would be advantageous to completing them is detailed in some of my other posts (specifically the one above and the post it links to). Sorry once again for the late reponse!

PKPenguin321
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Postby PKPenguin321 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:29 am #592716

a man whose platform is primarily centered around the forums and wiki. a man after my own heart, perhaps in more ways than one.
give this guy a nice high vote
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:

Gogodapogostick
In-Game Admin

Postby Gogodapogostick » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:09 pm #593219

I would like to say thank you to everyone for the kind words in this thread. You have given me confidence and a hope for a chance of victory I did not have before. Cheers everyone!

PKPenguin321
In-Game Game Master

Postby PKPenguin321 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:47 pm #593688

hey so if drones get re-enabled, I'll still be able to squish them if they're annoying right?
Spoiler:

Gogodapogostick
In-Game Admin

Postby Gogodapogostick » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:23 pm #593696

PKPenguin321 wrote:hey so if drones get re-enabled, I'll still be able to squish them if they're annoying right?

Yeah for sure. They'll be told not to interact with people, and if they do anything that makes things harder for the crew or anyone really I would say you could bonk them in the vast majority of situations.

PKPenguin321
In-Game Game Master

Postby PKPenguin321 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:44 pm #593932

Gogodapogostick wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:hey so if drones get re-enabled, I'll still be able to squish them if they're annoying right?

Yeah for sure. They'll be told not to interact with people, and if they do anything that makes things harder for the crew or anyone really I would say you could bonk them in the vast majority of situations.

good just as long as i dont ever see anybody banned for squishing a drone
Spoiler:

Return to Player's Headmin Election