I WILL WIN thanks to YOUR VOTE #PlayerPeasants

Discuss policies and candidacies with the potential Headmins.

Moderator: oranges

Forum rules
Post a thread if you want to be a candidate. Must not be permabanned from the game servers or blacklisted.

Reply to a thread to interact with headmin candidates. Rules

Do not spam the same question in multiple threads, use the debate subforum for that.
Man_Shroom

Byond Username: Man_Shroom

I WILL WIN thanks to YOUR VOTE #PlayerPeasants

Postby Man_Shroom » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:54 am #593195

I was told by fruit that my thread was shit and I needed to make a new one so here goes.

--MY POLICY--

My overall goal is to make the server more like older /tg/ was and how /vg/ is now.

PUBLIC BANS - YES, but you can request a headmin remove it/they get auto removed when unbanned. The headmin could also deny making it private. and /vg/ already has this

MANUEL - Give em their own ban list and dont mirror bans on manuel to bagil/sibyl. Give em their own Manuel admins as well since they have different policy anyway.

INACTIVE ADMINS - Dont really care, Kor and Hornygranny will return one day to bring apocalypse/rebirth. Also, as a Player Peasant, if you arent in the station and playing the game regularly, you are inactive to me. If they randomly ban you then disappear just appeal, it rarely sticks

RULE 11 NO BIGOTRY: No longer bannable, just makes you valid ingame now. if people do it in other channels than in-game, just block them as you would

ERP - Ha ha ha no

EVERYTHING ELSE - If i didn't mention it i probably won't change it
--MYSELF--

My IC name is Larry Spankenhiemer. I'm 23 years old. My house is in North America, where all the villas are, and I am not married. I have played the game for a long time, and I have never been an admin. I don't validhunt, but I occasionally powergame. I play on Bagil almost exclusively. (RIP BADGER) I am not a coder, but I have the Repo downloaded and I have a github account. I rarely use discord. I have over 7000 connections since 2018 and way more before that. I'm trying to explain that I'm a Player who wishes to enjoy the game. I take care not to trouble myself with any forum drama, like catgirls and erp, that would cause me to lose sleep at night. That is how I deal with the server, and I know that is what brings me happiness. Although, if I were to BEAT YOU TO DEATH WITH A TOOLBOX, I wouldn't lose to anyone.

>EDIT:If i get elected, I will contact AdmiralHippie and request use of this song for the game as a Lobby Theme

Last edited by Man_Shroom on Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oranges
Code Maintainer

Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: I WILL WIN thanks to YOUR VOTE #PlayerPeasants

Postby oranges » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:31 pm #593249

This is marginal at best, if I think you're participating in debates in bad faith I'm going to close your platform and you won't get a third chance.

XivilaiAnaxes

Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Postby XivilaiAnaxes » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:33 pm #593250

Considering rule 11 is from MSO and not the headmins, how do you think you'll make your policy change?
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.

EOBGames
Code Maintainer

Byond Username: EOBGames

Postby EOBGames » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:58 pm #593255

Much of the reason that Manuel was not given its own ban list was to prevent players from the other servers from hopping onto it with the intention of having a grief round and getting banned while not affecting their standing on the server they regularly play on. How would you prevent this from occurring with a separation of bans between the servers?
Everyone's favourite internewt. Je maptiendrai.
In the rare event that I'm on the server, I'm either Inept-At-Job or Kayden Riker. Accept no substitutes.
If you've gotta contact me, hit me up on discord, as I don't really check forum DMs: @Emerald_or_Bust#1314
Spoiler:
Beware the Chilledstation, for it approaches.

Farquaar

Byond Username: Farquaar

Postby Farquaar » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:04 pm #593262

Man_Shroom wrote:RULE 11 NO BIGOTRY: No longer bannable, just makes you valid ingame now. if people do it in other channels than in-game, just block them as you would

Can you foresee any potential problems with this policy?

Not-Dorsidarf
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Postby Not-Dorsidarf » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:35 pm #593403

What would be the cases where a public ban might not have its request to be taken down honoured?

Man_Shroom

Postby Man_Shroom » Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:23 pm #593428

First off, thanks to my man oranges for supporting me and taking me seriously when so many out there have not.

Now, I will address your questions.

XivilaiAnaxes wrote:Considering rule 11 is from MSO and not the headmins, how do you think you'll make your policy change?

MSO is a reasonable guy. if I win, and if the headmins decide to change the policy, we will talk to MSO and see if he also wants to change the policy. If he agrees it will be changed. If anything else happens, it may not be changed That is how it works, right?

EOBGames wrote:Much of the reason that Manuel was not given its own ban list was to prevent players from the other servers from hopping onto it with the intention of having a grief round and getting banned while not affecting their standing on the server they regularly play on. How would you prevent this from occurring with a separation of bans between the servers?

Good question. The idea behind creating a separate banlist and potentially, a manuelmin rank, is to allow a separate ruleset for the MRP server. People who get banned from Manuel could play on the other servers as a form of appeal, much the same way players who get permabanned from here may go to another codebase such as goon bay or /vg/ and then try to appeal here. However, anyone who does server hop around just to GRIFF would be treated the same as if they had done it with TGMC, or Beestation, or what have you. As soon as the first admin catches them doing it, that will be a big red flag for that player's behavior.

Farquaar wrote:Can you foresee any potential problems with this policy?

Not really. I am willing to compromise on this issue outside of in-game communications but i think as far as in-game punishments it should be validable but not bannable.

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:What would be the cases where a public ban might not have its request to be taken down honoured?

Good question. I think that public bans should work this way: If you get banned, it becomes public. if you appeal it, it is deleted. The majority of all bans, like 99%, will always be public unless appealed. However, if you DON'T wish to APPEAL it, but rather have it no longer be public, this will be possible. To do this, you should contact the Headmins over a normal admin, and they will discuss amongst themselves what to do. IF the nature of your ban, ban reason, Ckey, etc. reveal any private information or DOX about you, it will not be public. This one should be obvious to protect people IRL. Additionally, there may be a few edge cases where people may accept their ban and leave forever for another server in which case it may be no longer public, simply permabanned. However, most if not all, will be public.

Mister_E

Byond Username: TheMasterE

Postby Mister_E » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:21 pm #593896

Literally the only based candidate on the ticket

Man_Shroom

Postby Man_Shroom » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:57 pm #593909

Thank you to everyone who read my thread, and now that the vote is happening, i wish everyone who is running the best of luck.

I'm sure no one will come into this thread after the vote is over, but I still believe that I represent the average player mindset, because at the end of the day, I like the admins and coders, but I do not want to be one. I enjoy being, a #PlayerPeasant.

Return to Player's Headmin Election