Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Timberpoes - Domitius Limited My Word Count

Post by Timberpoes » #611450

Who Me?

Timberpoes. Admin Trainer. Maintainer.

Where Find Me?

Policy discussions. Code discussions. LRP. MRP. Investigating bugs on live servers. Training admins.

What For LRP?
  • Happy with LRP.
  • Good balance of SS13 moments & gameplay quality. Good admin quality across all LRP servers. No major concerns.
  • Continue poking dynamic configs for best gameplay.
What For MRP?
  • Coco implemented my idea (after asking me) for more MRPmin input into MRP policy debates.
  • Election promise achieved!
  • Mostly happy with Manuel MRP.
  • Continue to support MRPmin discretion when handling policy/rules to benefit of server.
  • Campbell.
  • Not just Manuel 2.0. Open to experimenting to create something truly awesome.
  • Dedicated LoNg LoNg ShIfT server? Enable respawns? Different tg experience? Engage with players to see what they want from Campbell!
  • May mean MRP policy requires further refinement. Work to achieve this.
What For Players?
  • Continue public policy discussions alongside including players who want to contribute.
  • Be more active in ban appeals, admin complaints & policy threads to confirm headmins are reading/discussing.
What For Admins?
  • Continue to work towards healthy adminning environment.
  • Take steps to lower admin burnout where practicable. Encourage breaks, fully support volunteer admin team.
  • Investigate avenues to improve recruitment & training.
  • Work within system to relax admin recruitment standards slightly.
  • Increase standard for admin promotion slightly.
  • Extend trial lengths and/or failing trials on good terms for mediocre trialmins.
  • Including a candidate's primary Admin Trainer in a candidate's promotion reviews.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
MortoSasye
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Re: Timberpoes - Domitius Limited My Word Count

Post by MortoSasye » #611750

I like all these points, and the thread being short and to the point makes it easier to quickly get an idea of what a term under you would be like.

Another top pick!
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
NSFW:
Domitius
Byond Username: Domitius
Github Username: DomitiusKnack

Post by Domitius » #611786

Domitius read, Domitius happy.

Give em hell Timber!
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #611839

Putting Campbell's fate in the hands of a headmin-coder seems like it would result in an exciting gameplay experience.
Timberpoes wrote:Work within system to relax admin recruitment standards slightly.
Could you elaborate on this point? Do you believe we have a lack of admins due to the recruitment standards, and if so, do you anticipate any problems with lowering the standards (i.e., trialmins who may not be cut out for admin getting adminned as a result)?
Spoiler:
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #611861

sinfulbliss wrote:Could you elaborate on this point? Do you believe we have a lack of admins due to the recruitment standards...
Admin pool ever changing. Admins come and go. Fresh faces often good for morale. New admins often good for playerbase. New voices & new opinions shatter admin echo chamber.

Give benefit of the doubt where a potential new candidate is a 50-50. Give them the chance to sink or swim instead of never throwing them in the pool to drown at all. Hope they swim. Will not mourn losses if they sink.

Examples:
Exavere. Adminned on hilariously low hours. Good boi.
NamelessFairy. Admin trainer very shortly after passing trial. Headmin elect.

Will be just one part of headmin team. Any one headmin could veto my platform depending on agreed rules. Must collaborate with other headmins to reach this goal. Be a voice for hope.
sinfulbliss wrote:... and if so, do you anticipate any problems with lowering the standards (i.e., trialmins who may not be cut out for admin getting adminned as a result)?
If risk screws up, second part of headmin platform comes in: Increase standard for admin promotion slightly. Extend trial lengths and/or failing trials on good terms for mediocre trialmins. Work with headmins to extend trials, fail mediocre candidates.

Want to see new admins showcase a little of the best parts of what tg has to offer. Provide admin and training support necessary to achieve this. Must also work with existing trainer team to achieve this.

Not demand perfection, but demand more than simple mediocrity.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #611952

I wonder if you could perhaps expand on your point about increasing the standard for admin promotion. What is it you'd want to see before a promotion?
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #611963

Continue to work towards healthy adminning environment.
What steps have already been taken that you want to continue? What changes would you like to make to make the environment healthier?
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #612035

WineAllWine wrote:I wonder if you could perhaps expand on your point about increasing the standard for admin promotion. What is it you'd want to see before a promotion?
Sow good fundamentals, reap good admins.

Little difference between trial admin and game admin. Same powers. Same priviledges. Trial just lacking tenure. Ask more of candidate before trial.

No longer mere formality. Look for evidence of candidate development from first ticket to promotion stage. Work with training team to accomplish this.

If sad decision taken to extend candidate phase, facilitate support for candidate to reach standard required. Admin learning and development ongoing process. Every day a school day.

For trial to fullmin, expect to find more evidence of development. Expected to know when & how to seek advice. Evidence of responsibility with admin buttons and tools. Support, support, support.

No intent to blindside trialmins at 2-month mark, wish to work with headmin team to conduct informal/lazy/brief review at 1-month trial as well. Discover issues early. Put trial on path to success. Use information to streamline future review. Stitch in time saves nine. Cats have nine lives. Save cats.

At end of trial, look at trial admin. Hope to see full admin staring back.

No admin is an island. Any who are get referendum. Vote to crash out of Admin Union. Have oven-ready plan. Is cottage pie.

Also view in-game conduct. Presence of admin should improve shift more than if admin was not there at all. Boss admin side, shitheel player side, reconsider promotion.

Failure to meet standards not end of the world. Look for potential in trial. Spark of hope. Continue training and development.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #612036

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:
Continue to work towards healthy adminning environment.
What steps have already been taken that you want to continue? What changes would you like to make to make the environment healthier?
Continue work of old dog Coco. Coco sent me DMs every month. Wellness checkup. Mild banter. Confidential fireside chats. Knew I was being looked after. Wish to continue this. Felt like I was valued part of team.

Own work continue. Efforts to integrate new admins into overall admin team. Break ice. Bridge gap between established admins and new candidates. Empower them. No fear to make mistakes, as long as they are learned from. Teaching. Training.

Only one personally trained candidate, PositiveEntropy. They like mini Armhulen. Shitposting machine. Feel great pride when I see them. Train him wrong as a joke. :fire_emoji_goes_here:

Admin mental health important. Hidden mental cost of customer support role not ignored. Stress, addiction & real life problems all genuine. Try to make efforts through my own mentorship as an admin trainer to empower admins to make the choices they need for their own health.

Not righteous enough to consider morally responsible for health of admins. People primarily responsible for themselves. However, am human. Understand others are human. Imperfect creatures. Work together to achieve impossible. Consider it personal goal for benefit of admin team as whole.

A taste of Timberpoes flavour seasoning to headmin term.
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #612039

Thank you very much timber, that was a wonderful well-thought out reply and puts to bed all of my initial misgivings.

I'm certain you would make an excellent headmin and wish you the best of luck!
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #612127

Glad to hear! Appreciate the kind words.
Plapatin
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Plapatin
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by Plapatin » #612347

Straight to the top of the list. I love Timber and what they do for the server.
wesoda25 wrote:i had a dream that me and some friends were like in this tribal village and we were all doing cocaine around this massive bonfire and I kept seeing all these foreshadowing elements that we were gonna die but i just did more cocaine
OrdoM wrote:Argent, a swan argent over a saltire vert - the vert representing the vomit cast upon the floor by the vomitgoose
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #612383

That's high praise!
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #612445

If you’re elected you’ll keep up this more efficient style of speech, right?
[this space reserved]
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #612497

Life goal to get Timberpost in headmin rulings. Accept no substitute.
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #612528

I can’t support your candidacy unless you call it timberpoesting.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #612531

When people say audible cringe, always wonder what it mean. Now know.
Rohesie
Byond Username: Rohesie

Post by Rohesie » #612681

Good coder, but stinky admin.
Spends a ton of time and effort so that things can work nicely for others, fixing things both in the codebase and live on the servers.
Doubt enough people realize just how good they are for this game and community.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #612682

Thank you to highly based coding owl for their high praise!

Do much work on live servers. Work with admin team.

Still remember old Icebox issues. Remember chapel incident on Manuel. Was also banned for typing word suicide into command bar. Unplayable shift & frustration with no admin response.

As maintainer, strive to create game that never replicates that scenario. As admin, strive to never ignore issues on live game server.

Leverage powers of both to accomplish goal. Driving force behind work as maintainer & work on admin team.
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #612685

If I was an admin I'd vote for this guy. He gets it. But unfortunately as a maintainer my vote actually counts as a negative towards his electoral chances, this makes me sad.
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #612687

More high praise!

Am not always easiest coder to work with. Strive to be better. Improve.

Potatolemon man good. Appreciate Potatolemon man's work on game.

Tireless work. Invisible changes. Work on lag. Maptick. Game speed. Memory use. Hard dels. All game efficiency. Often thankless work, so have a thanks.

Regardless of election outcome, filled with joy at being codebase maintainer. Honour to work alongside entire team.