Mailbox - THE BALD EAGLE SOARS

Resolved.
Mailbox
Byond Username: Mailbox

Mailbox - THE BALD EAGLE SOARS

Post by Mailbox » #612348

Mailbox, who?
Let's pretend that you don't know who I am. I am Gorbi Fritzl or Drinks-The-Boooze. Balding and duffel bag enjoyer.

What do you want done?

1. I would like to have some form of admin meetings so we can all get on the same page. if we just decide once every month or every two months where we can bring up concerns or snitch on shitters that are problematic

2. I would like to put the n-word under a filter or just outright ban the use. this is not the last bastion of free speech we are just a silly ss13 server and being racist is not as funny as some of you might think.

3. other than those 2 point I just want to keep the ball rolling.
Pumpkin0
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Pumpkin0

Re: Mailbox - THE BALD EAGLE SOARS

Post by Pumpkin0 » #612434

A couple questions:

Firstly, if all you want to do in regards to the community is admin meetings, why should players vote for you? It sounds like all you want to do is more clearly represent the admins, which while on its own is fine, but when paired without the presence of community concerns it feels like it's lacking.

Secondly, will you do anything about any of the other slurs? Or just the N-word? I'm all for better rule 11 treatment but to just ban the N-word and do nothing else about any of the other numerous words that make /tg/ a hard place to show to your friends feels... Lackluster.

And finally as a bonus question: Have you done anything noteworthy in the community that represents your personality and approach to players, other admins and the /tg/station collection of servers as a whole?
the w
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #612449

There are other head administration candidates that want to crack down on slurs+insults and reinstitute admin meetings.

What, in your opinion, makes your combined platform sufficiently important to want to run for the head admin position?
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Mailbox

Post by Mailbox » #612477

Pumpkin0 wrote:A couple questions:

Firstly, if all you want to do in regards to the community is admin meetings, why should players vote for you? It sounds like all you want to do is more clearly represent the admins, which while on its own is fine, but when paired without the presence of community concerns it feels like it's lacking.

Secondly, will you do anything about any of the other slurs? Or just the N-word? I'm all for better rule 11 treatment but to just ban the N-word and do nothing else about any of the other numerous words that make /tg/ a hard place to show to your friends feels... Lackluster.

And finally as a bonus question: Have you done anything noteworthy in the community that represents your personality and approach to players, other admins and the /tg/station collection of servers as a whole?
I would assume that it would be in the players interest to not be too differently approach by admins and also help keep track of trouble players so we can have more healthy games.

I can think of one other word that I would also like to ban the t-word but the reason why I would like to see the n-word banned is because it attract a certain player so it would act as a shitter filter.

I have not been doing any noteworthy achivements as I have not admin trained, coded or sprited. But I have been admin for a while now and I think some of our community likes me.
Mailbox

Post by Mailbox » #612482

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:There are other head administration candidates that want to crack down on slurs+insults and reinstitute admin meetings.

What, in your opinion, makes your combined platform sufficiently important to want to run for the head admin position?
To my understanding I am the only one that wants to outright ban a word so if it is that direction you want to go it is me you should vote for and other than that I will not make too many changes so if you want that, I should be an alright pick.
Pumpkin0
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Pumpkin0

Post by Pumpkin0 » #612537

Mailbox wrote:To my understanding I am the only one that wants to outright ban a word so if it is that direction you want to go it is me you should vote for and other than that I will not make too many changes so if you want that, I should be an alright pick.
Mailbox wrote:I can think of one other word that I would also like to ban the t-word but the reason why I would like to see the n-word banned is because it attract a certain player so it would act as a shitter filter.
Your platform is only banning one or two words, and not really factoring in anything else to handle the certain players that you believe it attracts. Shouldn't your platform be a more blanket statement that promises to more accurately stop the sort of players that are unhealthy to the community? To only ban one word will hardly do anything to filter out players you're mentioning here, as they'll likely just shift to other words instead of leaving the community entirely - If that's what you want to do.
the w
Mailbox

Post by Mailbox » #612583

Your platform is only banning one or two words, and not really factoring in anything else to handle the certain players that you believe it attracts. Shouldn't your platform be a more blanket statement that promises to more accurately stop the sort of players that are unhealthy to the community? To only ban one word will hardly do anything to filter out players you're mentioning here, as they'll likely just shift to other words instead of leaving the community entirely - If that's what you want to do.
You over estimate the intelligence on the kind of people I am talking about. saying the n-word is not about making one person feeling unwelcome it is about marking territory that those are not desirable and simply banning this one word is going to change the culture around here. What I am trying to say is that I want to start a shift on the server and I am not going to seem like a very welcomed one if I bring out a list of words to get banned so that is why I want to get the ball rolling with the absolute worst one and the t-word I want to see banned too as it has been used against trans people in this community.

But yeah I guess you are right if that would be what I wanted to do.
cocothegogo
Byond Username: Cocothegog0

Post by cocothegogo » #612604

A man of few words. Though you don't require a lot of words for a good application this seems like it was throw together in 5 minutes. Forgive me if I'm wrong but what makes us think you'll put any more time/effort than this application into being a headmin?
Mailbox

Post by Mailbox » #612611

cocothegogo wrote:A man of few words. Though you don't require a lot of words for a good application this seems like it was throw together in 5 minutes. Forgive me if I'm wrong but what makes us think you'll put any more time/effort than this application into being a headmin?
I got writing difficulties so I am no too big on writing walls of text. But when it comes to taking care of things that I think is important I will make time for it.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #612635

Mailbox wrote:
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:There are other head administration candidates that want to crack down on slurs+insults and reinstitute admin meetings.

To my understanding I am the only one that wants to outright ban a word so if it is that direction you want to go it is me you should vote for and other than that I will not make too many changes so if you want that, I should be an alright pick.
Fair enough, this is a pretty solid answer all by itself.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #612639

Mailbox wrote: 2. I would like to put the n-word under a filter or just outright ban the use. this is not the last bastion of free speech we are just a silly ss13 server and being racist is not as funny as some of you might think.
Do you think every use of the n-word is racist or was uttered with the intention of being racist?
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
Mailbox

Post by Mailbox » #612710

MrStonedOne wrote:
Mailbox wrote: 2. I would like to put the n-word under a filter or just outright ban the use. this is not the last bastion of free speech we are just a silly ss13 server and being racist is not as funny as some of you might think.
Do you think every use of the n-word is racist or was uttered with the intention of being racist?
No, of course not. But I don't think you should be making racist jokes with people that you don't know. Something that is very normal with racist is that they will never admit to being racist and I think it will just generally improve the server if we didn't allow it. I think you can make jokes containing the n-word but you can't do it with people that you don't know. Every community that pretends to be morons will be filled with a community of morons in the end they will just think they are in good company.