Resolved.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Iamgoofball - THE COMMUNITY COMES FIRST

Post by iamgoofball » #612607

Yo what up its Goofball back at it again with another headmin election run

Things I will do as headmin(And work with the other headmins to accomplish, just in case any of you chucklefucks think about getting all smart in the replies):
Hold a vote on the fate of tramstation on the servers, the community will decide

Hold a vote on public bans(not just permabans), the community will decide

Hold a vote on whether or not to open a second non-MRP EU server so that we can have the same level of server coverage everywhere, as right now there's only 2 EU servers vs 3 US servers, and one of them is MRP which not everyone likes, the community will decide

Hold a vote on adding a Missed Ahelps board for people to post shit that didn't get handled in the round/no admins were online the entire round, this would use the same tech MSO used for Admin Applications so people can't see other people's Missed Ahelps, the community will decide

Hold a vote on whether or not to open an anarchy server where say/emote is disabled along with pens, paper, and writing, but there are no admins, the community will decide

Hold community meetings where the community can talk and we headmins will listen
Vote Goof 2021: The community comes first
Last edited by iamgoofball on Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: Iamgoofball - THE COMMUNITY COMES FIRST

Post by Armhulen » #612608

drain the admin SWAMP!
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #612609

no vote for my anarchy server no vote for you

you're a goddamn anarchist how do you fuck this up goof
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #612610

Stickymayhem wrote:no vote for my anarchy server no vote for you

you're a goddamn anarchist how do you fuck this up goof
Fixed thanks
Last edited by iamgoofball on Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #612615

Armhulen wrote:drain the admin SWAMP!
We don't do that here
Last edited by iamgoofball on Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #612617

Sorry Goof, the only impact you have for me is that, again, Bindy won't be at the bottom of my list.

iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #612618

Agux909 wrote:Sorry Goof, the only impact you have for me is that, again, Bindy won't be at the bottom of my list.
What would make me a more appealing candidate for you, my voting friend
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #612632

iamgoofball wrote:
Agux909 wrote:Sorry Goof, the only impact you have for me is that, again, Bindy won't be at the bottom of my list.
what would make me a more appealing candidate for you, my voting friend
Proper capitalization, for starters.

iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #612644

Agux909 wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:
what would make me a more appealing candidate for you, my voting friend
Proper capitalization, for starters.
You got it, my friend.
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #612645

Despite running for headadmin repeatedly you have never won.

Why do you think this is?
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #612646

Nabski wrote:Despite running for headadmin repeatedly you have never won.

Why do you think this is?
We have a lot of great candidates every year :)
Pumpkin0
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Pumpkin0

Post by Pumpkin0 » #612657

Everything here is asking for a vote. Will you do literally anything if these votes all fall through?
the w
Qustinnus
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #612659

I for one, vote for goof shoe on head pic. Who else in the community is with me?
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #612660

Pumpkin0 wrote:Everything here is asking for a vote. Will you do literally anything if these votes all fall through?
If the players vote no on something, obviously they don't want it?

Or do you mean if the other headmins refuse to hold the votes? Because frankly I'm a little tired of the yearly "what if the other headmins refuse to work with you" questions because it's incredibly insulting to the other candidates and the host vote.
Pumpkin0
In-Game Admin

Post by Pumpkin0 » #612663

Why should people vote for your platform if there's a chance none of your stances/promises/anything will go through? Surely you should have something that you plan to do with your Headmin candidacy if you're elected rather than just ask players what they want after you're elected?

What I'm saying is that I think you should consider placing more emphasis on your campaign actually doing something rather than just asking questions about what players want. Other candidates already have some of your stances but actually plan to do them instead of just ask if they want it done - Why should people vote for you instead of another candidate, should they want these things done?
the w
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #612667

If there was a way to cast negative votes to take other people's votes away from a candidate i would cast them all for goofball
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #612675

Pumpkin0 wrote:Why should people vote for your platform if there's a chance none of your stances/promises/anything will go through? Surely you should have something that you plan to do with your Headmin candidacy if you're elected rather than just ask players what they want after you're elected?
Are you going to post this in every single candidate's thread too? Because this question applies to all candidates, and for all candidates, the answer is "we'll see how things turn out."
Pumpkin0 wrote:What I'm saying is that I think you should consider placing more emphasis on your campaign actually doing something rather than just asking questions about what players want. Other candidates already have some of your stances but actually plan to do them instead of just ask if they want it done - Why should people vote for you instead of another candidate, should they want these things done?
Players should get a say in what happens on the server they play on. That's it.
Pumpkin0
In-Game Admin

Post by Pumpkin0 » #612679

Are you going to post this in every single candidate's thread too? Because this question applies to all candidates, and for all candidates, the answer is "we'll see how things turn out."
Players should get a say in what happens on the server they play on. That's it.
The difference between other candidates and your platform is that you don't seem to have anything that players can vote for that they think you'll be able to make happen - If I say, voted for you because I wanted an anarchy server there's no guarantee you'd be able to put any work actually toward it if it just gets denied in a vote. There is indeed a 'let's see how things turn out' to every candidate, but other candidates have made clear things they want to work towards - not 'Well if i get elected this might happen'. All I'm saying is that it feels like you have no permanency or any intention of making any changes unless players vote for or against something - when isn't the entire point of the election to do a vote to see what players want to do?

As for players getting a say in what happens on the server they play on, this is again what the Head Admin election is for. They get to decide which candidate best represents their interests and wants for the server - and if one of the candidates doesn't have anything they actually plan on making happen other than holding maybe-votes, what's the point of voting for you over someone who has more solid promises/stances on what they want to change?

I think that your platform would be more appealing to me if you offered things more well-founded than just the prospect of these things happening - Anyone who votes for you is only voting for the chance that you'll even be able to try to do any of these things in your campaign - if anything at all. Thank you for taking the time to reply, but I just feel like you need something in your campaign than just hollow 'I might's to be a good candidate for the election.
the w
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #612695

Pumpkin0 wrote:If I say, voted for you because I wanted an anarchy server there's no guarantee you'd be able to put any work actually toward it if it just gets denied in a vote.
If it gets denied in a vote, then obviously the players didn't want it, so what's the problem?
Pumpkin0 wrote:As for players getting a say in what happens on the server they play on, this is again what the Head Admin election is for. They get to decide which candidate best represents their interests and wants for the server - and if one of the candidates doesn't have anything they actually plan on making happen other than holding maybe-votes, what's the point of voting for you over someone who has more solid promises/stances on what they want to change?
Direct Democracy is far better than representative democracy, but that's not up for debate this election season.
Pumpkin0 wrote:I think that your platform would be more appealing to me if you offered things more well-founded than just the prospect of these things happening - Anyone who votes for you is only voting for the chance that you'll even be able to try to do any of these things in your campaign - if anything at all. Thank you for taking the time to reply, but I just feel like you need something in your campaign than just hollow 'I might's to be a good candidate for the election.
Every other candidate is doing the exact same thing. They just pretend that they'll make it happen even though it has to pass through two other people, even if they don't hold a public vote on it like I will. Frankly, I'm being more honest than the rest of the candidates by saying a vote will be held. I want public player votes for stuff, because the players matter, and elected representatives are accountable to their electors. We should have a recall process for people who don't deliver on their election promises.
Pumpkin0
In-Game Admin

Post by Pumpkin0 » #612700

iamgoofball wrote:snip
I think that we're having a misunderstanding - I'm saying that other candidates are promising to do things. You're only promising that you might - Players who vote for you for the anarchy server and players who vote for you for the deletion of tramstation may have completely different opinions on the matter - which makes you as a candidate divisive inherently. If a player or admin votes for you, there's not telling what the players will end up with - It's a complete coin toss as to whether the thing they want from you will be treated at all, shelved in favor for another one of the votes. If players vote for another candidate who has promised to say, make an anarchy server, they will at least have to follow through with that stance and put effort toward making it happen - And I feel like a broken record at this point - but players can't vote for you with confidence that anything they want from you will have an effort put toward it.
the w
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #612703

iamgoofball wrote:
Pumpkin0 wrote:If I say, voted for you because I wanted an anarchy server there's no guarantee you'd be able to put any work actually toward it if it just gets denied in a vote.
If it gets denied in a vote, then obviously the players didn't want it, so what's the problem?
I don't think anyone who votes for you is thinking "I want this, but I want you to check everyone else wants it first".
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
EOBGames
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: EOBGames

Post by EOBGames » #612709

Is the entire point of running for election not that people vote for your platform? If you're elected, does that not mean that the community wants your platform positions? Or to put it in other words: is it not the entire point of being elected that people want what you're proposing and therefore have already had their vote for it?
Everyone's favourite internewt. Je maptiendrai.
In the rare event that I'm on the server, I'm either Inept-At-Job or Kayden Riker. Accept no substitutes.
If you've gotta contact me, hit me up on discord, as I don't really check forum DMs: @Emerald_or_Bust#1314
Spoiler:
Beware the Chilledstation, for it approaches.
Fluff Images:
► Show Spoiler
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #612711

How would you handle things like ban appeals, admin complaints, policy decisions? Things like that which require the input of all headmins. The way I see it, your only options are to either refuse to be involved, hold it to a vote from the community, or weigh in with your own personal decision.

Refusing to be involved is obviously not ideal since it’s one of the things you are supposed to handle as headmin

Your input on every decision being decided by vote would take way too much time, especially when I hear people complain about a lack of activity already and it would take ages to handle every ban appeal

And giving your own personal input is problematic when no one knows what your general opinion is and no one would have voted for you for it

I’m exaggerating a little here, but what I am sort of asking is if you have based your entire platform on (and would be elected for) doing what the community tells you, how can you be trusted to make decisions for the community when you don’t have access to their input.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Pumpkin0
In-Game Admin

Post by Pumpkin0 » #612738

What is your stance on naming policy? I only ask because in many of your past campaigns you either wanted to fully remove it or adjust it significantly. Are you fine with how it is now?
the w
EuSouAFazenda
Byond Username: EuSouAFazenda

Post by EuSouAFazenda » #612739

If I want Y to be a policy in the server, why should I vote for you rather than X? If I vote you and get you elected, then there's a chance the vote for Y to fail and for I to have wasted my headmin vote. On the other hand, candidate X has said that they are going to do Y with 100% certain.

Why should I vote to have a chance of having what I want when I can guarantee to have it with another candidate?
I remade the beach away mission
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #612745

EuSouAFazenda wrote:If I want Y to be a policy in the server, why should I vote for you rather than X? If I vote you and get you elected, then there's a chance the vote for Y to fail and for I to have wasted my headmin vote. On the other hand, candidate X has said that they are going to do Y with 100% certain.

Why should I vote to have a chance of having what I want when I can guarantee to have it with another candidate?
Okay to be fair anyone saying they will with 100% certainty is bullshitting. Goof here is saying what it actually is: The elected headmins vote on what they promised, and some of those promises get outvoted
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #612746

EuSouAFazenda wrote:If I want Y to be a policy in the server, why should I vote for you rather than X? If I vote you and get you elected, then there's a chance the vote for Y to fail and for I to have wasted my headmin vote. On the other hand, candidate X has said that they are going to do Y with 100% certain.

It's ranked voting, so you won't "waste" your vote

This is probably the best most reasonable goof headmin attempt we have seen so far.
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #612759

Will you make a kilo removal vote too?
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Aloraydrel
Byond Username: Aloraydrel
Github Username: Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #612837

Well known snake in the grass, wouldn't trust em with anything for our community
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #612843

Aloraydrel wrote:Well known snake in the grass, wouldn't trust em with anything for our community
Lol, ok ausops supporter.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #612845

Aloraydrel wrote:Well known snake in the grass, wouldn't trust em with anything for our community
also lol @ calling anyone a snake in the grass after openly consorting with fucking Nervere lmao
Colovorat
Byond Username: Kekium

Post by Colovorat » #612846

Looking at previous elections, i belive you have skill issue.
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #612931

NoxVS wrote:How would you handle things like ban appeals, admin complaints, policy decisions? Things like that which require the input of all headmins. The way I see it, your only options are to either refuse to be involved, hold it to a vote from the community, or weigh in with your own personal decision.

Refusing to be involved is obviously not ideal since it’s one of the things you are supposed to handle as headmin

Your input on every decision being decided by vote would take way too much time, especially when I hear people complain about a lack of activity already and it would take ages to handle every ban appeal

And giving your own personal input is problematic when no one knows what your general opinion is and no one would have voted for you for it

I’m exaggerating a little here, but what I am sort of asking is if you have based your entire platform on (and would be elected for) doing what the community tells you, how can you be trusted to make decisions for the community when you don’t have access to their input.
Would you be able to answer this? I know it is a bit aggressive, but it is a genuine question. Your entire platform is doing what the community tells you to do, what will you do when your own opinion is asked for?
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #612941

NoxVS wrote:
NoxVS wrote:How would you handle things like ban appeals, admin complaints, policy decisions? Things like that which require the input of all headmins. The way I see it, your only options are to either refuse to be involved, hold it to a vote from the community, or weigh in with your own personal decision.

Would you be able to answer this? I know it is a bit aggressive, but it is a genuine question. Your entire platform is doing what the community tells you to do, what will you do when your own opinion is asked for?
If it's not an incredibly contentious issue I'd weigh in myself, but if there's a lot of community debate on the subject I don't see why players shouldn't get a say in the process.
Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Post by Nervere » #612947

iamgoofball wrote:
also lol @ calling anyone a snake in the grass after openly consorting with fucking Nervere lmao
Here's a "fun" activity, search this in the /tg/station discord and witness the obsession:

Code: Select all

I have been gone for two years. Leave me the fuck alone, and out of your doomed headmin thread, you mentally twisted freak.
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #612951

Nervere wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:
Here's a "fun" activity, search this in the /tg/station discord and witness the obsession:

I have been gone for two years. Leave me the fuck alone, and out of your doomed headmin thread, you mentally twisted freak.
It's equally autistic to spontaneously show up every single time your name is mentioned on the forum.
► Show Spoiler
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #612983

Nervere wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:

Did you learn how to leave a community from j_mad? Because you freak the fuck out whenever you get mentioned negatively in a community you've been """gone""" from for 2 years lol
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #612984

Aloraydrel wrote:Well known snake in the grass, undermines our beloved TG station any chance she gets, wouldn't vote and hope others follow suit.
Also, can you not intentionally misgender me? Thanks, asshole.