Trialmin Review: Danno

Users can post replies, but only game admins, mods, and forum admins may post topics. Mainly for questions and official discussions
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Re: Trialmin Review: Danno

Post by danno » #281288

Bottom post of the previous page:

is that just in relation to this thread or my in game conduct because the latter wouldn't make any sense to me
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

Post by J_Madison » #281291

I don't like tearing people apart and depriving them of hope.

You do not take criticism seriously. It drips off you like rain off a raincoat. This is absolutely ridiculous.

Regardless of whether it is true or not, you dismiss my opinion because "lol i was backed up by a hedmin i dont take responsibilty".
You flatly deny things and shoot down criticism. You're a pie that won't cook. I certainly don't want an uncooked pie.

Take responsibility. Be humble (this is rich coming from me). Don't think you're polished and you do nothing wrong.

Lzimann, one of the most reliable admins on tg came off on the wrong foot with me. He accepted that his ban had it's weaknesses and criticism. He took criticism and let it soak him.
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #281295

danno wrote:is that just in relation to this thread or my in game conduct because the latter wouldn't make any sense to me
In thread/forum, you've never come across as overly defensive in game. (to me) In this thread I see most people saying youre a spot on in game admin but that your forum conduct needs work. Steveo pretty much hit the nail on the head, its down to what forum standards admins want to hold themselves to at this point. (imo)
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

danno

Post by danno » #281296

@jmad
I've been taking criticism seriously since I started lol
almost every time I do anything I consult the other admins and every time i've been spoken to for doing something wrong I don't do it again
your post is simply misinformed, I don't shoot down criticism just because I didn't take yours.
I don't like tearing people apart and depriving them of hope.
sir this is a mcdonalds drive thru

@Nilons
That's fair then, but I feel a need to defend myself when a some people who are never around when I'm actually doing the part of the job that matters come in and tell me that I'm not handling things responsibly with no actual grounds to say so.
danno

Post by danno » #281297

seriously what the fuck was that opener
are you ok?
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #281304

J_Madison wrote:I don't like tearing people apart and depriving them of hope.
What did he mean by this?
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #281331

Deadmin now, please.
Bring back papercult.

J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #281346

Nilons wrote:
What did he mean by this?
I'd given Danno my criticism already and I didn't want to dig him a deeper grave.
Normally I'd let it go and forget it. But the overdefensiveness really makes me snap and call it out.
Xhagi
Byond Username: Aliannera

Post by Xhagi » #281353

I'd be overdefensive as well if a bunch of people were on the attack for a role I had worked to show I was worthy to hold.

I don't understand the issue. We've had admins who are giant fucking memes. We've had aggressive admins, defensive admins, shitposting admins. I don't know why suddenly it's an issue. This review is on Danno's abilities as an administrator and not on his actions on the forums. And many of the people who seem to have interacted with him in game, if you look through the posts, say that they have good conduct and seems to care about the game. That's what we should be judging.

High horses please go.
Professional Catgirl and Gayboy Supreme.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #281362

itt danno and swarge finally come to the realisation that if you act like a retard for long enough people will assume you are a retard, even if you were doing it ironically.
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #281374

not defensive enough
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #281386

J_Madison wrote:Regardless of whether it is true or not, you dismiss my opinion because "lol i was backed up by a hedmin i dont take responsibilty".
>trialmin does what a senior admin tells him to do
>trialmin explains he was listening to someone with more authority
>trialmin has the forethought to say "maybe I should listen to the guy who's supposed to tell me what to do"
>you think this is him deflecting responsibility
>you're still fucking posting about this ban

would you be posting this in danno's thread if, say, pkp applied the ban?

it's 100% impossible to take you seriously when you shoehorn this into everything
oranges wrote:itt danno and swarge finally come to the realisation that if you act like a retard for long enough people will assume you are a retard, even if you were doing it ironically.
the only question is when oranges will realize this :^)
Limey wrote:its too late.
TehSteveo
Byond Username: TehSteveo

Post by TehSteveo » #281412

Aliannera wrote:I'd be overdefensive as well if a bunch of people were on the attack for a role I had worked to show I was worthy to hold.

I don't understand the issue. We've had admins who are giant fucking memes. We've had aggressive admins, defensive admins, shitposting admins. I don't know why suddenly it's an issue. This review is on Danno's abilities as an administrator and not on his actions on the forums. And many of the people who seem to have interacted with him in game, if you look through the posts, say that they have good conduct and seems to care about the game. That's what we should be judging.

High horses please go.
It's always been a rule as long as I've been around as an admin about forum conduct as per Admin Conduct linked on the wiki, yet in time it got more lax as we allowed people to troll and just do whatever on the forums which spread to more official areas. I guess I tried to instill I more serious tone during my tenure of headmeme, to least communicate taking someone somewhat serious via forums. Doesn't mean we can't joke around or post less serious, but the times people would just post random off-topic thing or we'd have admins purposefully go into an appeal just to make the person appealing upset. This wasn't good conduct and others were talked to for it, where it several the people causing offense ended up stopping.

Dannno, like I said...people are now just taking his antics on the forums as the way he always is even when he isn't. It's impacting him and is affecting how people perceive him in more negative manner.
Freedom
danno

Post by danno » #281416

what antics on the forums anyway to be quite honest
the only thing i can honestly think of is the Japanese apology
TehSteveo
Byond Username: TehSteveo

Post by TehSteveo » #281420

danno wrote:what antics on the forums anyway to be quite honest
It's not one post that is causing offense as you've handled appeals afterwards. The thing is it's your overall posting throughout in different areas of the forums as one can open your post history up. Even in the Hut where people shouldn't care as it's literally the Hut and meant to shitpost. It's just an image you're making and people are perceiving this as who you are.

It's either people will come to accept it in time or you have to change. Also, I'm not advocating deadmin here or anything as I'm honestly just giving feedback as to why you are getting the attention here as you are.
Freedom
danno

Post by danno » #281421

thank you for being very reasonable
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #281433

TehSteveo wrote:
danno wrote:what antics on the forums anyway to be quite honest
It's not one post that is causing offense as you've handled appeals afterwards. The thing is it's your overall posting throughout in different areas of the forums as one can open your post history up. Even in the Hut where people shouldn't care as it's literally the Hut and meant to shitpost. It's just an image you're making and people are perceiving this as who you are.

It's either people will come to accept it in time or you have to change. Also, I'm not advocating deadmin here or anything as I'm honestly just giving feedback as to why you are getting the attention here as you are.
this is a good way to put it

it's not that you're rampantly shitposting everywhere like a madman, it's probably people saw your (admittedly dumb) japanese apology followed by hut posting and assumed that was the whole deal and that's how you are

Honestly the fact that you're listening to people in this thread with criticism means I will be extremely disappointed if you don't get promoted
J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #281528

Qbopper wrote:
J_Madison wrote:Regardless of whether it is true or not, you dismiss my opinion because "lol i was backed up by a hedmin i dont take responsibilty".
>trialmin does what a senior admin tells him to do
>trialmin explains he was listening to someone with more authority
>trialmin has the forethought to say "maybe I should listen to the guy who's supposed to tell me what to do"
>you think this is him deflecting responsibility
>you're still fucking posting about this ban

it's 100% impossible to take you seriously when you shoehorn this into everything
That's honestly not what I'm too concerned about, but if you won't take it seriously I'll break it down.
It's reasonable he defers it onto PKP.
But he did apply the ban first which meant he felt he was in sound mind and body, and had beyond reasonable doubt to do so.
Unless I'm mistaking Danno for the person holding the smoking gun;

If he had beyond reasonable doubt, why can he not defend his actions without a headmin?

He defends his ban (which has been criticised heavily) by claiming that a headmin (PKP) is backing the ban.

The ban was overwritten and removed early by Ausops, which vetos the headmin backing. Which kind of nulls his excuse, but I've let that pass.

See here;
Spoiler:
danno wrote:i've played security b4 lol i've been around for a pretty long t1me
in regards to taking advice from other admins: I do, I did, and anyone I asked agreed with what I did
That's deflecting blame right here. A flat denial of his criticism that he isn't on the same page as sec players. I'm going to claim he clearly isn't on the same page considering how criticised the ban was.
danno wrote:why am i "burned out"
i've been adminning regularly and normally
Doesn't even acknowledge PKP's criticism or opinion.
danno wrote:you're all so confident in this "takes nothing serious and shitposts a lot" shit
you're so stupid
hut posts don't matter
look at my ingame conduct and tell me when I don't take it seriously
look at sawrge's for that matter he's probably taken the game more seriously than any of you will
Here he even rebuttles your shitposting criticism.
Every one of these quotes is him flatly denying accusations, deflecting blame, pretending he did nothing wrong, telling you that you don't know what you're talking about, and getting overly defensive over arguably small criticisms from this thread.
Spoiler:
danno wrote:yeah you're wrong
danno wrote:i'm gonna have to come clean with you pkp

i spent the past week being overtly hostile to you as a joke to see how you would react in my review

now look
i UNDERSTAND that sounds like a CRRRRRRRRRAZY person thing to do
BUT
danno wrote:t. people who have never been around when i'm adminning
danno wrote:I don't shitpost in FNR
danno wrote:yeah i'm responsible clearly just by merit of not having a stick shoved up my asshole and scowling every time someone makes a post that chips away at my fantasy ideal of being the ultimate professional video game moderator

come on dude
danno wrote:am I retarded for people that aren't me posting things beyond my control, or are you just moving on from that and calling me retarded full stop
danno wrote:
I was talked to about this when it happened and never did it again lol ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
danno wrote:I don't think shitposting is fine "wherever" which is why I don't do it wherever
danno wrote:how's that
danno wrote:wouldn't it have been more appropriate just to tell me if I'd made a mistake
no one told me I was doing them wrong before, if I indeed am
danno wrote:is that just in relation to this thread or my in game conduct because the latter wouldn't make any sense to me
This shitshow is equivalent of Strattonites at the Wolf of Wall street.
[youtube]PjBK68yp59k[/youtube]
danno

Post by danno » #281541

is there a tl;dr version of this
danno

Post by danno » #281544

it's fine if I just watch the video right
J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #281546

danno wrote:it's fine if I just watch the video right
danno wrote:is there a tl;dr version of this
yeah it's fine, no hard feelings.

tl;dr deny everything, deflect blame, no criticism
danno

Post by danno » #281548

nice thanks
Yoshmaster
Byond Username: YOSHMASTER

Post by Yoshmaster » #281551

Most people who hate him seem like bad people so that probably means he's good
dannnnnnnnnnnnnno
Byond Username: RussellTalbott

Post by dannnnnnnnnnnnnno » #281552

*checks database*

yeah not getting any hits on j_madison, looks like an alt

wait a minute...

zoom in on that post....i've seen that style before

mmm. of course. the viddler shitter, notorious on somethingawful and badgame

byut doctah, dees man dhano, he do de bawd powst mahn! he a no good skunt!

i am aware, ARCHBISHOP, but it does not matter. the review must go on. for all of our sakes. as long as he doesn't use th-

god help us

J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #281553

Yoshmaster wrote:Most people who hate him seem like bad people so that probably means he's good
does it work for reverse?
I love danno sawrge and pax i hate lzimann kor and joan. please hate what I love and love what I hate.
danno

Post by danno » #281555

kor funded my campaign
Yoshmaster
Byond Username: YOSHMASTER

Post by Yoshmaster » #281556

J_Madison wrote:
Yoshmaster wrote:Most people who hate him seem like bad people so that probably means he's good
I love danno sawrge and pax i hate lzimann kor and joan. please hate what I love and love what I hate.
I feel like your plan is to make me think more about this post than you did
Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #281561

I read it for you the tl;dr is that you made a completely garbage ban and you have a bad attitude where you are unable to admit flaws/criticism as seen by this thread where you deny "antics on the forums" while there's an ignore list shitpost from you on the very first page

Disclaimer: I play on Sybil and recall zero times I interacted with you in game and I apologize if this post comes off more hostile than I intended. My post is based off the forums alone.
danno

Post by danno » #281562

j-mad's had less words so i didn't read your post
danno

Post by danno » #281563

in all seriousness: you can keep screaming about the "shit ban" I made but you'll have to do it at the head administrators who told me it was a good thing to do
and no, that's not "passing the buck" that's the way the server works and has always worked and it didn't just START with me or something
J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #281564

Yoshmaster wrote:
J_Madison wrote:
I feel like your plan is to make me think more about this post than you did
No. I think our posts will be deleted, and these stupid jokes lost. Someone will look at this in the future and think of us wrongly, as they never saw the jokes or the laughs, and the positive things we've had.
danno

Post by danno » #281566

why are you so melodramatic
Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #281571

danno wrote:in all seriousness: you can keep screaming about the "shit ban" I made but you'll have to do it at the head administrators who told me it was a good thing to do
and no, that's not "passing the buck" that's the way the server works and has always worked and it didn't just START with me or something
They read these threads and will see the words that I have typed
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #281575

Qbopper wrote:
oranges wrote:itt danno and swarge finally come to the realisation that if you act like a retard for long enough people will assume you are a retard, even if you were doing it ironically.
the only question is when oranges will realize this :^)
I would have thought my post made it quite clear I knew about this and just didn't care.
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #281586

This is the type of shit thats making people unsure of whether or not you should be an admin dude. Way to prove dissenting opinions right in your own review thread.
Signature Memes

danno

Post by danno » #281587

it was clearly a joke give it a rest nigga
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #281588

>clearly
yeah apparently not
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
danno

Post by danno » #281589

if the "in all serious" post didn't clue you in I don't know what to tell you
I'm not going to stop making jokes
that is not "feedback" I will accept
danno

Post by danno » #281590

you will not tear me apart and deprive my damn hope you mongrels
danno

Post by danno » #281592

sorry im sorry i didn't mean it you aren't mongrels sorry
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #281657

Man, danno got shit on hard in this thread for acting stupid on the forums and doesn't even stop the shitposting

On the converse, listening to J_Mad freak out at dannno over that ban is also sad. I don't have a very good relationship/interaction with dannno. We fight in adminbus blah blah blah. But give it a fucking rest J_Mad. You went from being upset at the way Dannno did your ban or something and then got upset that he consulted other admins before doing it? Are you absolutely retarded? There is nothing wrong with consulting other admins and especially headmins who dictate policy for some input, it's called not being an idiot. It doesn't make you a bad admin, it actually makes you a good admin. Not only were other admins consulted, but when you appealed, dannno wasn't even ruled as wrong what so ever, but you can't get off your high horse and holy shit admit that you are fucking wrong. You have brought this up in like 4 different threads and ESPECIALLY here. I'll fault dannno where due, but he is not wrong about anything involving your ban but you just can't help but pretend to be a victim in every thread you possibly can.

Dannno said it perfectly in his own admin feedback thread.
What I mean by non-actionable is that I can't really take anything from your feedback to work on because I've been told that I did the right thing here.
Get your head out of your ass J_Mad
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #281658

stop making manual bans ahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
danno

Post by danno » #281667

You won't tell me what I'm doing wrong and I have to ban people who do bad shit and log of DDDDD:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #281694

Been thinking about it and yeah I think I like this guy.
Say what you will but he's got his heart in the right place even if he's not the best at reflecting that in his attitude or forum posts or whatever. There's a good man under the shitposter outside, and he's a pleasure to have around when adminning in game. He's demonstrated his ability to respond and adapt to feedback as well with things like the Japanese apology. I'm confident that long term he has potential to be one of our better admins. Hoping he grows a cooler, more collected attitude when it comes to communicating, that's my only real complaint I can think of at the moment.
Got high hopes for you dannno
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #281699

so

forumban in exchange for adminhood?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
spleen mcqueen
Byond Username: SPLEEN MCQUEEN

Post by spleen mcqueen » #281710

guys i dont just shitpost all the time - danno

I will die before i stop shitposting - also danno

I mean it's not a big deal and being mildly unprofessional is something you can easily work around but it's funny to me how you just can't stop making stupid funnyboy jokes here.
ohnopigeons
Byond Username: Ohnopigeons
Github Username: ohnopigeons

Post by ohnopigeons » #281739

spleen mcqueen wrote:stupid
I dunno it seems pretty sophisticated.
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #281740

welcome to another epic qbopper reaction video don't forget to like comment and subscribe
Spoiler:
J_Madison wrote:snip

Here he even rebuttles your shitposting criticism.
which is why I was skeptical at first, but his later posts + speaking to him off the forums swayed me

I think danno is continuing to dig his own hole with the joke posts in this thread, but I don't think it's malicious "I'm going to ignore you and anything you say" type thinking
J_Madison wrote:
holding this view for anyone is usually a fool's game
Lazengann wrote:Disclaimer: I play on Sybil and recall zero times I interacted with you in game and I apologize if this post comes off more hostile than I intended. My post is based off the forums alone.
this is the unfortunate consequence of danno making a lot of memes/shitposts, and I mentioned it/steveo mentioned it earlier
Nilons wrote:
This is the type of shit thats making people unsure of whether or not you should be an admin dude. Way to prove dissenting opinions right in your own review thread.
This is also a really unfortunate quote, but I think it's more because danno is tired of jmad constantly posting about this fucking ban we've all heard enough about this ban and it's beginning to grate - I can certainly sympathize with that point of view, even if I agree the "tl;dr" post was just shooting himself in the foot
NikNakFlak wrote:fuck you jmad
Seriously, dude, it's fucking annoying to see you try and shit on danno for an actual non issue like this ban, we all know your arguments and none of us are going to be convinced, because handing off the ban to the judgement of a senior admin is a GOOD thing, and you won't be able to convince anyone that it's just danno trying to avoid blame or something

Jesus christ it's fucking ridiculous that this shitshow is still going on, let it die please
Danno, I don't think people are saying "you can't make jokes if you want to be an admin" - half of the admin team is constantly making jokes. It's more about the attitude presented in your posts - you can joke about a topic and still take it seriously, sure, but most people usually do a joke and then an actual response within the same post. I don't see you do that very often

I find it unfortunate that danno managed to prove people right with the continued joke posts in this thread because the impression I get outside of the forum is of someone who actually wants to do well and make the game a better place - it's just unfortunately hard for anyone else to see that, because everyone else is only exposed to danno though the forums/an occasional ahelp
J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #281746

Oh my god.

Alright. My last post on the matter until we interact again;
I don't care for the ban. Go look through my posts and you'll find the only post that I'm complaining about Danno's ban is the first post.
The ban is over, it was removed because a headmin vetoed the ban. It's over. It doesn't bother me.

What does bother me is Danno's complete back of responsibility and deflection of anything he does.

To be clear; I haven't cared about the ban since my post on his admin feedback thread.
Read that twice; I don't hold a grudge against Danno for the ban.
I've let it pass, I'm over it.

He took advice from senior admins, and later a headmin removed his ban. I don't care for the ban. It'd be interesting to know which admins approved his ban wrongly, but I wouldn't make anything of it.

I do not like admins that jam their fingers into their ear and say "lalala cant hear you your criticism is invalid i dont care i dindu nuffin wasnt me no responsibility".

And Qbopper, the reason I responded with that massive post listing his responses wasn't because of Danno's attitude; It's because you acted to blind to see it and challenged it's existance.

I'm not the one shoehorning my ban into this. I'm holding negativity for Danno because he doesn't accept a shred of responsibility for what anyone says badly of him. I've even bolded, enlarged, and coloured important parts because people miss what I'm saying.

EDIT:
Do these posts look like I'm angry about the ban?
Spoiler:
J_Madison wrote:
danno wrote:it's fine if I just watch the video right
yeah it's fine, no hard feelings.
J_Madison wrote:
Qbopper wrote: >you're still fucking posting about this ban

That's honestly not what I'm too concerned about, but if you won't take it seriously I'll break it down.
J_Madison wrote: I'm not saying he'd make a bad admin or he should be denied admin
J_Madison wrote:
I haven't asked why, nor do I intend to ask. It's over and not of concern.
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #281767

If you addressed that point directly instead of citing the ban yet again, people probably wouldn't have assumed you were looking for an excuse to bring it up, then

I did address the deflection, though - I don't see him do that very much off the forums, from my experience, but unfortunately that's not the image presented on the forums and I can see a valid criticism there

Seriously though it's not that people think you're mad about that ban it's that we're all so very tired of hearing about it
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #281805

J_Madison wrote: What does bother me is Danno's complete back of responsibility and deflection of anything he does.
He took advice from senior admins, and later a headmin removed his ban. I don't care for the ban. It'd be interesting to know which admins approved his ban wrongly, but I wouldn't make anything of it.
I do not like admins that jam their fingers into their ear and say "lalala cant hear you your criticism is invalid i dont care i dindu nuffin wasnt me no responsibility".
I don't see how it's """approved wrongly""" if a headmin posted backup and supported the ban. A different headmin then lifted it sometime else for ???
Ausops never posted about it, never said anything in a thread or anything, probably some IRC conversation where you joined in and bitched in supportbus again after leaving once.
Does anyone really know? The ban was lifted two days later and who knows why really? If you're going to use it as fodder, go after the two different headmins who said two different things. As far as I'm concerned, the ban wasn't wrong in anyway. Most of the time anyone does the "lalala I can't hear thing" is because it's with people like you who refuse to drop things, refuse to admit anything yourself, and refuse to acknowledge that you were in the wrong in anyway.

I fail to see how he deflected responsibility, I fail to see any of your points. You say you don't have a grudge but you are looking for anyway that you can go for the neck here.