Trialmin Review: Danno

Users can post replies, but only game admins, mods, and forum admins may post topics. Mainly for questions and official discussions
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Re: Trialmin Review: Danno

Post by bandit » #280915

Bottom post of the previous page:

lzimann wrote:I still regret letting danno become an admin, and so far my opinion hasn't changed(not like my opinion matters now). He doesnt seem to take anything serious and the only thing he does is shitpost.
Yea sure, "it's just a game", but shit, it got boring before it even started.
Basically this, the fact that the ratio of memes to positive feedback in this thread is like 100 to 1 is telling
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #280917

Admin conduct is fine, no complaints there.

I'm just not a fan of the overt lack of seriousness they facade because when the people who can see the admin conduct have difficulty discerning between your fake apathy and actual apathy I can only imagine players do too, and that's a problem.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #280924

t. people who have never been around when i'm adminning
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #280925

He handles things well, has been receptive to feedback given and is pretty reasonable and active. He's got a good handle on making fair decisions and handles his role with care and respect to everyone involved.

I think he would make a positive addition to the admin team.
TehSteveo
Byond Username: TehSteveo

Post by TehSteveo » #280926

Dannno handles himself fine in game while adminning. Handles situations just fine and is professional in adminhelps. Asks for clarification and input on things they may not be sure of. No issues there whatsoever from what I have observed being online.

However, forum conduct has been something I never agreed with and have asked them to tone down with while I was headmin. At this point, I just let it go for I tried to get more professional conduct on forums where it should be demonstrated; which this thread with multiple admins shitposting just shows I may just be in a minority here that we should maintain certain professionalism at least in areas where we are expected to work like FNR and Official Business.
Freedom
danno

Post by danno » #280931

I don't shitpost in FNR
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #280932

I invite anyone ITT complaining about "forum conduct" to compare danno's post history to bandit, lollerderby or NikNak. He replies seriously to most serious threads, albeit with some potentially unwarranted hostility at times, and makes joke replies to non-serious threads. People vastly overstate the level of "shitposting" without any sort of concrete examples to provide.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #280971

Hey man, I'm not the one with a reputation for shitposting everywhere. Not a great justification there
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #281006

danno wrote:t. people who have never been around when i'm adminning
Oh danno.

YOU ARE LIKE A LITTLE BABBY, IT IS CUTE TO ME.

But for real, are you that naive that you didn't think your non-chalant shitpost attitude that you protrude in most places other than the adminning of the game won't come back and bite you in the ass? I still can't take either you or sawrge seriously, and if I ever play the game and somehow the stars align and I do something wrong if you or sawrge ever send me an ahelp I'll just shitpost right back @ you.

It's like saying what a politician does in his own time doesn't matter. Like if we somehow found out that the president of the united states likes to fuck ladyboys it would basically be over for him politically, even though it has like 0 fucking meaning in terms of his political ability. How you conduct yourself outside of your actual "job" (lmao) does matter. It's why a shit ton of employers check facebook nowadays, so that stupid people don't go and say stupid shit and make the company look bad.

And to sawrge, real evidence hardly matters, it's mostly to do with public opinion. Once again, drawing comparisons to the real world, it doesn't matter if the crime rate is getting lower if the publics perception is that the crime rate is high. Yours and Dannos perception is that you both don't take any of this game seriously, whether that is true or not is not up to the question, heck it doesn't even matter. The fact that it's there is weight enough to put your ass on the grass. Like I could never be taken seriously as an admin because of my conduct on the forums, and I'm 100% A-OK with that. I was extremely surprised that you were made an admin, just as I had been when sawrge was originally made an admin, because you two always carry a lot of """"baggage"""" publicly, even if I know that isn't necessarily true.

You made your own bed, and now you gotta lay in it.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #281032

danno wrote:t. people who have never been around when i'm adminning
posted after
ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:Admin conduct is fine, no complaints there.

I'm just not a fan of the overt lack of seriousness they facade because when the people who can see the admin conduct have difficulty discerning between your fake apathy and actual apathy I can only imagine players do too, and that's a problem.
Nilons wrote:Despite making a complaint about him and shitposting in his feedback thread he's never been anything but fair to me in game (aside from muh name policy), rampant memer but impartial admin when it counts.
PKPenguin321 wrote:
lzimann wrote:I still regret letting danno become an admin, and so far my opinion hasn't changed(not like my opinion matters now). He doesnt seem to take anything serious and the only thing he does is shitpost.
Yea sure, "it's just a game", but shit, it got boring before it even started.
yep there we go, this is kinda what i wanted to say too but i couldn't recall it when i last posted
honestly i'm not a fan of this whole new thing of letting people who already seem to be burned out into the bus
Are you even reading the criticism being posted? It's really frustrating to see you blindly shut down anybody saying anything that isn't "he's a good admin in game", we've all seen you handle yourself super well in game and that's why people are disappointed you like to do the "nothing is serious" gimmick on the forums all the time

No one is saying "danno is a shitty admin in game and does not deserve a promotion", people are saying "danno handles themselves well in game but we wish they would stop the gimmick of everything being a big joke 100% of the time"

It's not even like all of your posts are you doing that, and no one is talking about the hut (that's off the table since it's specifically for shitposts) - you just have a reputation for doing that now, whether you feel you do it or not. Even a "I understand where you're coming from" or something would be better than just telling people "you just haven't seen me adminning"

I'm not trying to be a dick, but it's really a shame to see people posting their concerns and seeing you just cover your ears and say lalalala - I still want to see you make fullmin and disagree with the people calling you a terrible admin, because I think you do a good job in game, but if you're going to ignore people posting criticism that reflects poorly on you )in my eyes at least) and is starting to make me second guess that opinion.
Limey wrote:its too late.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #281042

Good admin, kinda autistic and overtly hostile when pming.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #281044

I've been kinda avoiding posting in this thread because its become quite the mess of cross-posting and a fair amount of shitposting. There are a couple things I want to get out there.

@Sawrge, if you honestly think that turning a trial review into a hostage situation is a good idea, please just resign. There's something that really irks me about the "do what I want or I'm out," mentality. I can understand you have strong feelings on the matter, but if you feel you can only participate here on the condition that your choice in additions to the team is accepted that reflects poorly on your objectivity and your ability to be impartial. I also really don't like the negative light that your ultimatum casts on Danno in his own trial. I mean, maybe I'm out of touch, but I would hate to have somebody come into my own trial review and threaten to leave if I'm not promoted. There are lots of negative conclusions that can be gleaned from that sort of behavior, and frankly, Danno didn't invite any of them. If you feel you cannot continue as an admin without getting your way on issues unrelated to your actual adminship, then just resign without making yourself a martyr in somebody else's review

@Danno, I've known you to be fairly level-headed in-game the few times I've seen you online. However, I echo a lot of the concerns in this thread about your general approach to the community. Qbopper makes a good point that even in this thread alone most of your responses to things have been short deflections from the feedback given. "Danno, I'm concerned about X and how it influences you as an admin." "Yeah but what about Y?" Repeat for two pages. Its fine to joke around and have a good time, but there's a time and place for everything and that place isn't "always" and "everywhere" when it comes to casual shitposting.

To give you an idea of something specific that rubbed me the wrong way, this thread: here. Time and place. In this case, you responded to a complaint by a player by writing out a string of Japanese. To anyone who speaks the language, its clear that the response you wrote is technically an apology. However, the manner in which you presented it was most distracting from the thread's purpose than it really had any reason to be. Antics like this is what concerns me because responding to players and player issues like this gives off the idea that you don't take them seriously. When players don't think you're taking their concerns seriously, they stop taking you seriously. That reflects on the adminship generally.

I don't want to take the honk out of the clown, but sometimes its time to put the bike horn down.
danno

Post by danno » #281048

i can't believe my own son did me in like this

@qbopper
that was in regards to niknak/bgo/lollerderby, sorry for not specifying

I understand what you guys are trying to say, but here's the thing; I've already been told this and I've already been acting on it and taking admin matters more seriously
which is why I said to look at anything of mine of actual import
you guys are honestly running your assumptions on outdated information
I'm not going "lalalala", I've already BEEN taking the feedback.
danno

Post by danno » #281049

If you don't agree with that response then that's that, but I'm not going to be an under-the-radar dick-suck and submissively float through trialminship just so people can talk about what a mistake it was once I have tenure afterwards (we know this happens a lot)
what you see is what you get here

I believe I've been completely reasonable in how I receive and act on feedback and that there are people who haven't actually been following my progress and therefore think I don't.
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #281052

It's kinda hard to tell you're taking the feedback seriously when you don't address people's posts seriously until there's a wall of text, that's all

I'm glad to hear you're listening but it really didn't appear that way at first is all

If you're actually concerned about the criticism and taking the feedback then there's no issue, +1 etc. etc.
Karp
Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Post by Karp » #281079

Hi, I'm an irrelevant literally who and in my opinion all of my experiences with danno have been great. While he may meme he does care about the game and is a p/good admin. All of his recent conduct on the forums aren't really egregious either.
Xhagi
Byond Username: Aliannera

Post by Xhagi » #281081

ITT people can't handle the memes.

Promote.
Professional Catgirl and Gayboy Supreme.
Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: STP

Post by Sometinyprick » #281097

He is a good boy, no problems with him
Would say promote
i play leo bonhart, feel free to grief me
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #281115

We need to put him on like witness protection or something so this torrential flood of shit will stop following him everywhere he posts
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
danno

Post by danno » #281120

why are you deleting those his actual opinions are in there too
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #281121

danno wrote:why are you deleting those his actual opinions are in there too
Only like 1 was and it was response to shitpost
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #281134

PKPenguin321 wrote:We need to put him on like witness protection or something so this torrential flood of shit will stop following him everywhere he posts
There's only a flood of shit because he encourages the flood of shit, answering with even more shit.
danno

Post by danno » #281147

yeah i'm responsible clearly just by merit of not having a stick shoved up my asshole and scowling every time someone makes a post that chips away at my fantasy ideal of being the ultimate professional video game moderator

come on dude
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #281152

All you have to do is not act like a retard, but I guess considering your post, it's a really hard thing to do.
TehSteveo

Post by TehSteveo » #281164

captain sawrge wrote:I invite anyone ITT complaining about "forum conduct" to compare danno's post history to bandit, lollerderby or NikNak. He replies seriously to most serious threads, albeit with some potentially unwarranted hostility at times, and makes joke replies to non-serious threads. People vastly overstate the level of "shitposting" without any sort of concrete examples to provide.
This.
Freedom
danno

Post by danno » #281167

am I retarded for people that aren't me posting things beyond my control, or are you just moving on from that and calling me retarded full stop
danno

Post by danno » #281168

TehSteveo wrote:
captain sawrge wrote:I invite anyone ITT complaining about "forum conduct" to compare danno's post history to bandit, lollerderby or NikNak. He replies seriously to most serious threads, albeit with some potentially unwarranted hostility at times, and makes joke replies to non-serious threads. People vastly overstate the level of "shitposting" without any sort of concrete examples to provide.
This.
I was talked to about this when it happened and never did it again lol ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
TehSteveo

Post by TehSteveo » #281183

danno wrote:
TehSteveo wrote:
This.
I was talked to about this when it happened and never did it again lol ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
True, you have at least been more serious with appeals and complaints. I mostly posted that as Sawrge challenged for proof. Granted, even if it's a strawman, there has been other admins who shitpost and those that also troll in FNR at times. You likely catch flak as your posting is...abrasive and stands out more so than others. I don't know how to exactly put it but I'd suspect others may get the same vibe as honestly you are different in Asay/Adminbus versus the way you communicate on the forums so your identity I think is conflicted. Thus people perceive you more based on your forum conduct as it's out there more and more visible than admin conduct being done through AdminPMs.

Honestly, at this point, admins have to decide how we should conduct ourselves on the forums. Seems like there's two camps of though here; one that thinks we should be semi-professional and the other feels that shitposting is fine wherever.
Freedom
danno

Post by danno » #281187

I don't think shitposting is fine "wherever" which is why I don't do it wherever
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #281240

Does not know how to do manual bans correctly apparently.
danno

Post by danno » #281241

how's that
danno

Post by danno » #281243

wouldn't it have been more appropriate just to tell me if I'd made a mistake
no one told me I was doing them wrong before, if I indeed am
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #281248

too defensive
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #281251

Lazengann wrote:too defensive
This is true, it feels like he's constantly got his guard up.
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

danno

Post by danno » #281254

I am unsure what you mean but alright I will keep this in mind
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #281258

how is this helpful criticism lol
danno

Post by danno » #281269

and what the fuck are hackles
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #281272

danno wrote:and what the fuck are hackles
Edited it because I thought it was unclear, shorthand for being really defensive
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

Nilons

Post by Nilons » #281276

Qbopper wrote:
how is this helpful criticism lol
Why would anyone want to interact with an admin who acts like theyre being attacked, how is this not helpful criticism
Signature Memes

danno

Post by danno » #281288

is that just in relation to this thread or my in game conduct because the latter wouldn't make any sense to me
J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

Post by J_Madison » #281291

I don't like tearing people apart and depriving them of hope.

You do not take criticism seriously. It drips off you like rain off a raincoat. This is absolutely ridiculous.

Regardless of whether it is true or not, you dismiss my opinion because "lol i was backed up by a hedmin i dont take responsibilty".
You flatly deny things and shoot down criticism. You're a pie that won't cook. I certainly don't want an uncooked pie.

Take responsibility. Be humble (this is rich coming from me). Don't think you're polished and you do nothing wrong.

Lzimann, one of the most reliable admins on tg came off on the wrong foot with me. He accepted that his ban had it's weaknesses and criticism. He took criticism and let it soak him.
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #281295

danno wrote:is that just in relation to this thread or my in game conduct because the latter wouldn't make any sense to me
In thread/forum, you've never come across as overly defensive in game. (to me) In this thread I see most people saying youre a spot on in game admin but that your forum conduct needs work. Steveo pretty much hit the nail on the head, its down to what forum standards admins want to hold themselves to at this point. (imo)
Signature Memes

danno

Post by danno » #281296

@jmad
I've been taking criticism seriously since I started lol
almost every time I do anything I consult the other admins and every time i've been spoken to for doing something wrong I don't do it again
your post is simply misinformed, I don't shoot down criticism just because I didn't take yours.
I don't like tearing people apart and depriving them of hope.
sir this is a mcdonalds drive thru

@Nilons
That's fair then, but I feel a need to defend myself when a some people who are never around when I'm actually doing the part of the job that matters come in and tell me that I'm not handling things responsibly with no actual grounds to say so.
danno

Post by danno » #281297

seriously what the fuck was that opener
are you ok?
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #281304

J_Madison wrote:I don't like tearing people apart and depriving them of hope.
What did he mean by this?
Signature Memes

InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #281331

Deadmin now, please.
Bring back papercult.

J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

Post by J_Madison » #281346

Nilons wrote:
J_Madison wrote:I don't like tearing people apart and depriving them of hope.
What did he mean by this?
I'd given Danno my criticism already and I didn't want to dig him a deeper grave.
Normally I'd let it go and forget it. But the overdefensiveness really makes me snap and call it out.
Xhagi
Byond Username: Aliannera

Post by Xhagi » #281353

I'd be overdefensive as well if a bunch of people were on the attack for a role I had worked to show I was worthy to hold.

I don't understand the issue. We've had admins who are giant fucking memes. We've had aggressive admins, defensive admins, shitposting admins. I don't know why suddenly it's an issue. This review is on Danno's abilities as an administrator and not on his actions on the forums. And many of the people who seem to have interacted with him in game, if you look through the posts, say that they have good conduct and seems to care about the game. That's what we should be judging.

High horses please go.
Professional Catgirl and Gayboy Supreme.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #281362

itt danno and swarge finally come to the realisation that if you act like a retard for long enough people will assume you are a retard, even if you were doing it ironically.
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #281374

not defensive enough
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #281386

J_Madison wrote:Regardless of whether it is true or not, you dismiss my opinion because "lol i was backed up by a hedmin i dont take responsibilty".
>trialmin does what a senior admin tells him to do
>trialmin explains he was listening to someone with more authority
>trialmin has the forethought to say "maybe I should listen to the guy who's supposed to tell me what to do"
>you think this is him deflecting responsibility
>you're still fucking posting about this ban

would you be posting this in danno's thread if, say, pkp applied the ban?

it's 100% impossible to take you seriously when you shoehorn this into everything
oranges wrote:itt danno and swarge finally come to the realisation that if you act like a retard for long enough people will assume you are a retard, even if you were doing it ironically.
the only question is when oranges will realize this :^)