Trialmin Review: Optimumtact

Users can post replies, but only game admins, mods, and forum admins may post topics. Mainly for questions and official discussions
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Trialmin Review: Optimumtact

Post by oranges » #407220

Bottom post of the previous page:

ColonicAcid wrote:He has LITERALLY said that when he stops giving a shit due to fatigue he'll go haywire and fuck shit up
When did I say this?
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #407226

ColonicAcid wrote:>being rude and blunt is the best way to get thru to people.

This is called social retardation.
This this an opportunity that's too good to let pass

I guess unlike you I'm just not pretending to be a hypocrite about being polite when the arguments get emotive.
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #407233

I think a good way to phrase it is oranges is mean but he isn't mean maliciously, he's not out to hurt feelings its just how he talks and conveys what he thinks that is mean.

you have to take his intent into account with this type of stuff
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #407249

oranges wrote:
ColonicAcid wrote:>being rude and blunt is the best way to get thru to people.

This is called social retardation.
This this an opportunity that's too good to let pass

I guess unlike you I'm just not pretending to be a hypocrite about being polite when the arguments get emotive.
and this is the exact reason im here saying that you shouldn't be an admin.

is this you being hard and saying the truth??? or just you being a massive dickhead??? you decide.

also let me help you here
Kor wrote: More specifically to adminning, he quit last time he felt he was going to abuse it because he was getting sick of it, which is probably the most important judgement we need admins to be able to make.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #407250

"you have to take his intent with this sort of stuff"

so when he posts garbage from 4 years ago as some sort of end all be all when he wants to insult me i should overlook that and try and find the real hidden meaning in his posts? please, i got better things to do than go into the psychology of oranges posts.

here's a little hint to u oranges, i don't really care all too much anytime u post that, i still mean it, coderbus in 2013/14 as a clique is all of you making up for the fact that you weren't part of the cool kids in high school so now you gotta make up for lost time. You constantly prodded the bear when it came to errorage and then went "WAAOOOHHWWW LOOK AT ERRO HES DERANGED" when anyone in his position would break down from all the constant shittery that you and muskets and any other pathetic little shitstain of human beings that were involved in that fiasco.

Did i say stupid shit in that post? Hell yeah, i was fucking angry. I considered error a friend and i literally saw him break down because you bickering fucking school girls instead of trying to have constructive discourse like human beings instead did anything you could to prevent error from doing anything.

you know actually i wasn't going to post in this thread but then i remembered you always post that image when i'm being character assassinated by people and i KNEW, like as soon as i pressed the post button, i just KNEW you were going to post that image again.

so actually i take it back what i said about not having the time to enter your mindset, i can read you like a fucking book because you're as two dimensional as a sheet of paper lol... atleast i can wipe my ass with a sheet of paper, you're too abrasive to do that.
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #407258

He's from New Zealand, they don't coddle people's feelings like Canadians do. Which is why I find Qbopper's offense to him so classic(sorry). Please remember to be culturally sensitive in this international gamer community ;)
Last edited by Lazengann on Sat May 05, 2018 2:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #407259

ColonicAcid wrote:
Kor wrote: More specifically to adminning, he quit last time he felt he was going to abuse it because he was getting sick of it, which is probably the most important judgement we need admins to be able to make.
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #407262

i mean i would rather hire admins who isn't going to fuck shit up because they're burnt compared to someone who knows if they got burnt out they're going to fuck shit up and quit because of it.

that's just me but yknow you do you fam
somerandomguy

Post by somerandomguy » #407263

ColonicAcid wrote:i mean i would rather hire admins who know that fucking shit up because you're burnt out isn't okay compared to someone who knows if they got burnt out they're going to fuck shit up and quit because of it.

that's just me but yknow you do you fam
If he didn't know that it wasn't ok, why would he quit because he was afraid he might do it?
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #407264

check the edit.

i fucked up the syntax
The Clowns Pocket

Post by The Clowns Pocket » #407268

told me I needed professional help so I got professional help
pubby
Github User
Byond Username: Pubby
Github Username: pubby

Post by pubby » #407276

oranges wrote:I've never said no offense before I've offended people because I intend to usually cause them quite a bit of offence.
what was that signature you had

something about apologizing in advance
somerandomguy

Post by somerandomguy » #407279

pubby wrote:
oranges wrote:I've never said no offense before I've offended people because I intend to usually cause them quite a bit of offence.

I think that was niknak
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #407280

somerandomguy wrote:
pubby wrote:

I think that was niknak
no that was him you've absolutely destroyed the evil fruit just now
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #407377

mfw when I'm being insulted by a hypocrite with 7 connections to the server in the last two years, colonic has more posts in this thread than he does connections on the server in 2018 and 2017, so it's no wonder he has no idea how I am as an administrator.
ColonicAcid wrote: also let me help you here

Kor wrote:
More specifically to adminning, he quit last time he felt he was going to abuse it because he was getting sick of it, which is probably the most important judgement we need admins to be able to make.
Oh shit dude I'm sorry, I didn't realise Kor was speaking for me there, I'll just go ahead and forward all remaining posts in this thread for Kor to answer.

anyway keep posting colonic, you might manage to put together a post that says something more than

bluh don't promote this guy he's meannnnnnn to me on the forum and he might be meannn to me as an admin

Finally
ColonicAcid wrote: you know actually i wasn't going to post in this thread but then i remembered you always post that image when i'm being character assassinated by people and i KNEW, like as soon as i pressed the post button, i just KNEW you were going to post that image again.
yeah I bet you did and that's why you posted so many words, just in case :roll:
Last edited by oranges on Sat May 05, 2018 9:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #407390

pubby wrote:

true, I guess i have said it.
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #407403

ColonicAcid wrote:Connections literally don't matter when it comes to me saying that your personality is abhorrent and you have a history of doing stupid shit
Last edited by ColonicAcid on Sat May 05, 2018 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Karp
Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Post by Karp » #407409

oranges wrote:yeah all those hundreds of tg players who like to put pet collars on.

They sure are the most vibrant part of our playerbase
Garbage mentality and this is what scares me about you oranges.It is a highway to justifying mistreating players if you and everyone else suddenly despises them. It makes me feel as if all it takes is the wrong person at the wrong time before you slip up due to a major distaste of someone over their behavior.

In relation to the collar bit, I doubt anyone would call xenomorphs fetish content as well, despite the fact that for some people it literally is fetish content. Something being used for one purpose with a small subset of players does not black mark the feature, and I doubt most people would ever use it as "fetish content" instead of as a joke.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #407411

aliens you can fight is not the same as a pet collar that is supposed to go on pets also being able to go on humans, one is obviously adding a lot more to the game in content and flavour, the other only appears to exist for the sole purpose of being a weird callback to a fetish.

It's not like adding the pet collar to humans does anything meaningful, so tell me what you supposedly think it's for?

In my opinion they're not equivalent, which is why I don't have a PR up to remove aliens
Karp wrote: It is a highway to justifying mistreating players if you and everyone else suddenly despises them. It makes me feel as if all it takes is the wrong person at the wrong time before you slip up due to a major distaste of someone over their behavior.
In what way do you expect me to mistreat them? I might insult them in OOC or post about them on the forum, but I'm not suddenly gonna ban a bunch of people just for wearing pet collars, because there's no precedents that an admin can ever do something like that and get away with it. Every single admin on the team has biases, most of them don't act out on them, why would I be any different just because I happen to be more outspoken about mine?
Last edited by oranges on Sat May 05, 2018 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #407412

>still talking about my connections

Check the thread title my man.

edit: it should be said though that for that very reason i should not have any problems with you and yet i somehow do??? somehow even though i dont play on this server i still think you would be an awful admin purely through your ooc behaviour.

i'm hardly a hypocrite because i said the exact fucking same thing to sawrge when it came up and it feels like im repeating myself when i say that your in game conduct doesn't matter when you have a history of doing shit that anyone else would be put in a blacklist but the only reason you're even being considered again is purely nepotism and entrenchment. your forum behaviour, your general childish attitude of my way or the highway and if you disagree with me you're a mouthbreathing cunt is about as appealing as gonorrhoea.

but carry on clawing at shit that is irrelevant in a hope that you somehow can discredit what i am saying.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #407415

ColonicAcid wrote:>still talking about my connections

there's that "my name isnt in the title so im immune to being criticized about not actually being qualified to weigh in" thing again, i wonder if he'll realize that doesn't work lmao
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #407416

iamgoofball wrote:

there's that "my name isnt in the title so im immune to being criticized about not actually being qualified to weigh in" thing again, i wonder if he'll realize that doesn't work lmao
Not that I have a stake either way but a criticism of character is kind of relevant in a trialmin review thread. Criticising the character of someone laying down criticism in these threads is ad hominem.

Better to defend yourself than attack them back.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
zaracka
Byond Username: Zaracka

Post by zaracka » #407417

he played good music
he made me spin
he played more good music
he made me laugh

promote he
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #407423

Stickymayhem wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:

Not that I have a stake either way but a criticism of character is kind of relevant in a trialmin review thread. Criticising the character of someone laying down criticism in these threads is ad hominem.

Better to defend yourself than attack them back.
i feel like oranges physically cannot post something though without some sort of character assassination attempt when he gets called out. which is most definitely a sought after admin trait i guess.

y'all can get a chance to attack my character when my trialmin review comes up... which i can assure you is never, so sit tight guys you'll get your chance.
oranges wrote:
ColonicAcid wrote: also let me help you here

Kor wrote:
More specifically to adminning, he quit last time he felt he was going to abuse it because he was getting sick of it, which is probably the most important judgement we need admins to be able to make.
Oh shit dude I'm sorry, I didn't realise Kor was speaking for me there, I'll just go ahead and forward all remaining posts in this thread for Kor to answer.

anyway keep posting colonic, you might manage to put together a post that says something more than

bluh don't promote this guy he's meannnnnnn to me on the forum and he might be meannn to me as an admin
why should i not take what kor said at face value my man. he's an authority figure in this and he said that you said that if you didn't quit you would actually abuse your powers.

that's not a good trait to have when you have the potential to cause damage to the server. sorry, but if was in charge of hiring you for a job and someone gave me a reference saying "he can tell when he's going to cause trouble and will quit his job when that happens" im not going to hire you. end of.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #407432

you are doing the exact shit you're complaining about him doing

Be the change you want to see
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #407434

oh my god my man how many times do i have to say that my behaviour LITERALLY doesn't matter right now lol.

jfc, i'm not trying to be an admin, oranges is. i aint perfect and i know i don't have the skills nor the personality to be an admin, which is why I'M NOT AN ADMIN nor will i ever be.
Doctor Pork
Byond Username: Doctor_Pork

Post by Doctor Pork » #407445

Colonic I'm not sure what you really want. You say "he can't be an admin because he'll fuck shit up" but also "he can't be an admin because he knows when he's about to fuck shit up and he'll just quit" so which is it, or is it not that at all and this is a personal beef and you just don't want to see oranges get more responsibilities?

He's honest and dependable, plus he knows when he's starting to burn out and is willing to step back until he feels comfortable taking the reigns again. What qualities exactly are you looking for in a member of our team?
oranges wrote:pork, the nondescript, commoner king, literally so stealth you could just your normal name in OOC and nobody would know, long may he reign as the secret commander
Deitus wrote:If your signature is scrollable it's too long and fucking obnoxious and you should feel bad
Link to my feedback thread. Go there.
PKPenguin321 wrote:I've been had by yet another tg boondoggle
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #407448

i mean i completely missed the post by kor before i made the prior posts so let me sum it up.

• he's shown that he has very little respect for the community, look @ the myriad of situations brought up by people, star wars spoilers etc.
• he's personally said that if given the opportunity when he's burnt out he'll either make a mistake as an admin or purposely do something to detriment the server, which one of those will happen is yet to be seen.
• on the above point i guess we can give him credit for the fact that he has the self control to actually quit before this happens but the question now is why give admin powers to someone like that, look @ my job analogy, if i told an employer that when i get sick of my job im going to fuck up somewhere whether that is with malice or without he's probably not going to hire me now is he.

though honestly at this point i dont even know why im continuing to post my opinion doesn't mean shit LOL

y'all do the right thing on this regardless it really doesn't affect me that much either way.
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #407450

If we're using shitty job analogies I'd feel better about having a driver who knows when he's too tired to drive instead of one who drives regardless
Pepper
Byond Username: ANIMETIDDIES

Post by Pepper » #407452

has oranges ever admitted he is wrong
help
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #407456

Gook Nukem wrote:has oranges ever admitted he is wrong
has he ever been wrong
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #407458

Armhulen wrote:
has he ever been wrong
He advocated for some players rule 0's due to their history of administrative issues long before we acted on it. Clearly a good judge of what needs to be done.
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #407472

Armhulen wrote:
has he ever been wrong
In a very large amount of cases, he has, yes. I know it's very hard to convince you of something once you've decided on it, but does his behavior in the past year or so really not reflect that? Constant prods, fucking around, and deliberately antagonizing people should not be considered "not wrong" as an administrator.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #407481

ColonicAcid wrote: • he's personally said that if given the opportunity when he's burnt out he'll either make a mistake as an admin or purposely do something to detriment the server, which one of those will happen is yet to be seen.
now you just straight up lying, if I'm burned out, I'll quit, that's it.

I won't fuck shit up and I won't destroy things, I'll just leave.
Last edited by oranges on Sun May 06, 2018 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #407482

I used to think secborgs were good
Armhulen
Global Moderator