Statement from the Headmin Team 30/06

Users can post replies, but only game admins, mods, and forum admins may post topics. Mainly for questions and official discussions

Moderator: In-Game Head Admins

User avatar
Rustledjimm
 
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:07 pm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Statement from the Headmin Team 30/06

Postby Rustledjimm » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:41 pm #422588

As no doubt many of you now know or suspect, there is more behind the banning of goof than has so far been let on. This statement will detail the actions made, the reasonings behind the actions and also our failures over the past few days.I want to start off with saying that we have made mistakes. In hindsight we have failed our playerbase and the person we set out to protect with our actions. I can only apologise in the strongest terms, though you have been waiting for sometime I ask for just a bit more patience and that you read this statement which will detail our side in this.

There will be a tl;dr Q&A at the end of this long explanation incase you don’t feel like reading every single detail, however I advise that if you are concerned about what has happened you read the full context.

The events as they unfolded:
On Monday, June 25th Goofball posted a thread concerning his belief of a conspiracy behind the Repukan appeal. On Tuesday morning, Ausops asked the headmins if they would veto a rule 0 ban from the server, he was told that we would not veto that. Then Ausops informed MSO that he would additionally be placing a forum ban on goofball (headmins have no say in forum administration except FNR and Admin subforums.) Later in the day, Ausops came forward and clarified that the ban reason was a combination of a rule 0/1 and the previous threat made by Goofball (which was not pursued four months ago due to concerns regarding the victim's safety.) Immediately, we became concerned since we know what can happen when accusations and doxxing can get out of hand, I’m sure you will all remember incidents such as the Boston Bomber where someone innocent died after Reddit “investigated” and accused them of committing the bombing.

The original threat was posted here:
Spoiler:
Image

For further context, the logs are public in #tg-station-general in the /tg/station official discord on 02/08/2018. Since there was a distinction made between deadmining and firing, we believed that the message made a distinction between the victim’s role as an admin and their real life job. There is much discussion about the legitimacy of that threat, but make no mistake that if we have any doubts: we take all threats seriously until confirmed otherwise.

A day passes while we are discussing the ramifications of this information. Due to rightful internal demands for transparency, the information was distributed to the entire administrative team via forum post by Citrus. At the time that the information was transmitted to the admins, we believed the comments made were a legitimate threat to the victim's safety so we recommended that all admins do not disclose the information in the thread out of the safety of the victim. HG then proceed to send the information to goofball the moment that he read the thread. This is troublesome for us since, at that time, we did not know whether the threat was credible and, to ensure the utmost security of the victim, the threat was treated as being credible. HG was not an admin when he released the information and he essentially took the situation into his own hands even when we requested that we keep the information secret at that time. We understand why he did it, but it directly went against the wishes of the victim who requested they be left out of the situation.

We respect the rights of the victim first most. If the victim requests that information be kept private if a ban might affect their safety outside of the game, we are obliged to withhold the information even if it makes adminbus look bad. If we believe that the information is sensitive and could lead to real life consequences then we will honor the victim’s requests. Particularly for this situation, the victim did not want the ban to occur in the first place nor did they want to be involved in the situation out of fear for their own safety.Around the same time, Arm implied that he was going to resign Wednesday morning and then later resigned Wednesday night. The official reason has nothing to do with the current situation but his resignation happened at an unfortunate time for all parties involved. It considerably slowed the discussion on the situation down and caused the delay of this response until the weekend. This leads to the reason why we were unable to comment on the legitimacy of the threat until afterwards.


Ultimately, the situation was handled poorly by all parties. A link to the thread was posted on the Hippie discord and the thread was posted to Reddit. The position to protect the information of the victim and give a sufficient ban reason is not paradoxical, but due to the high-profile nature of this ban: it turned out to be impossible since the information was released before we could comment on its legitimacy. We attempted to do something that turned out to be impossible and was unfaithful to the community since it appeared to be the shadowy admin cabal doing something with intent to sweep it under the rug. We went into this with the best intentions to protect the victim and to ensure that the situation was handled with the utmost integrity.

We apologize to the community as a whole for the actions of lead administration during this endeavor. We have no intent of lying to the community and only wished to protect the interests of all parties involved.

Tl;dr Q&A

Why was goofball banned?
For making accusations and possible threats to someone that had real life consequences. We take a zero-tolerance stance to anyone making such threats to another member of this community. We are not accusing him of doxxing the victim, however we took the threat seriously and that is certainly permabannable.

You believed there was a threat to the victim?
Yes, at least in some capacity from the parties involved. We weren't 100% sure, so we went with the safe route and treated it as credible.

Why was HornyGranny powers removed?
He leaked adminbus. It was fine to disagree with us and to argue for the ban reasoning to be released. However leaking adminbus was an abuse when we had specifically asked not to at the time due to the ongoing discussion of the information. If we cannot trust people with powers then they cannot have them. This goes for game and forum admins.

So you fucked up?
Yes, we made bad decisions. We tried to protect the victim while also punishing what we saw as something unacceptable in the community. We could not achieve both. I can only apologise in the strongest terms for the damage this caused between players and the admin team.

What’s going to happen now?
As you’ve seen goofball’s forum ban was already been lifted. MSO announced that we are doing a review of forum administration, a change to how bans are discussed, codifying and unifying what is acceptable across our multiple communication platforms (server, discord, forums etc.) and possibly more. Watch this space, I will try to make the creation and implementation of these changes as transparent as possible from my position.

Why’d this statement take so long to come out?
Headmins and Host that live in timezones with 8 hours of difference. We only had a short time to discuss things each day, I fell asleep twice at my laptop halfway through these discussions and last night I was extremely ill. I can only apologise. Also, Arm leaving partway through discussions did cause some delay for the statement to come out.

What happened with Arm?
Exactly as you saw, it’s an unfortunate coincidence but Arm has several things to deal with irl right now. He not only stepped down as headmin but also as admin and left the community. If and when he returns he will be welcomed back. A new headmin will be announced shortly.

“But anyone who knows goof knows he’d never follow up.”
Personally, we do not know goof and cannot speak to what he would have done at that moment. Our actions in this situation would be the same for anyone else given the need for the victim’s confidentiality (which is partially our failure since goof is such a high profile individual.)

A statement from Sawrge will follow.
Last edited by CitrusGender on Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: formatting
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Image

Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes



User avatar
captain sawrge
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:13 pm
Byond Username: Sawrge

Re: Statement from the Headmin Team 30/06

Postby captain sawrge » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:42 pm #422589

suk ma dam dick n balls goof
Last edited by captain sawrge on Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:52 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Image

User avatar
Rustledjimm
 
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:07 pm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Re: Statement from the Headmin Team 30/06

Postby Rustledjimm » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:05 pm #422592

This thread is in the Town Hall and so is open for players to discuss it here if they wish.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Image

Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes

User avatar
Hornygranny
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:54 pm
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Re: Statement from the Headmin Team 30/06

Postby Hornygranny » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:08 pm #422593

Rustledjimm wrote:If we cannot trust people with powers then they cannot have them. This goes for game and forum admins.

?
Image

User avatar
Wyzack
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:32 pm
Byond Username: Wyzack

Re: Statement from the Headmin Team 30/06

Postby Wyzack » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:38 pm #422597

Curious if people still think Goof did nothing wrong
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!

Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.

EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster

User avatar
IkeTG
 
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:03 am
Location: Here, Now
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Re: Statement from the Headmin Team 30/06

Postby IkeTG » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:53 pm #422601

Why was Goof unbanned?

User avatar
Barre
Github User
 
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:53 pm
Byond Username: Barreli
Github Username: BestName

Re: Statement from the Headmin Team 30/06

Postby Barre » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:56 pm #422603

captain sawrge wrote:let alone your online rep.

Lmao who cares? Are you running for the online president or something?
Image

User avatar
Kyrah Abattoir
 
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:38 am
Location: Centcom's plumbus factory
Byond Username: KyrahAbattoir

Re: Statement from the Headmin Team 30/06

Postby Kyrah Abattoir » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:59 pm #422605

Is it bad that I find this oddly similar to a certain "reddit event" of the past few weeks?

Doctor Pork
 
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:31 pm
Location: Pennsylvania
Byond Username: Doctor_Pork

Re: Statement from the Headmin Team 30/06

Postby Doctor Pork » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:00 pm #422606

We did it guys.

The truth is out there. Transparent as fucking cling wrap. I love it.
oranges wrote:pork, the nondescript, commoner king, literally so stealth you could just your normal name in OOC and nobody would know, long may he reign as the secret commander

Image
Deitus wrote:If your signature is scrollable it's too long and fucking obnoxious and you should feel bad

Image
Link to my feedback thread. Go there.
PKPenguin321 wrote:I've been had by yet another tg boondoggle

User avatar
Karp
 
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:54 am
Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Re: Statement from the Headmin Team 30/06

Postby Karp » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:01 pm #422607

Barre wrote:
captain sawrge wrote:let alone your online rep.

Lmao who cares? Are you running for the online president or something?


Look at people who have become extreme online pariahs, people stalk then and go out of their way to track them down and harass them. considering the autists who think doxxing and swatting people like apop is fine I wouldn't be surprised if the same happened to sawrge even with a lack of any evidence
Image
Image

User avatar
Qbmax32
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:05 am
Location: somewhere
Byond Username: Qbmax32
Github Username: qbmax32

Re: Statement from the Headmin Team 30/06

Postby Qbmax32 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:06 pm #422610

Karp wrote:
Barre wrote:
captain sawrge wrote:let alone your online rep.

Lmao who cares? Are you running for the online president or something?


Look at people who have become extreme online pariahs, people stalk then and go out of their way to track them down and harass them. considering the autists who think doxxing and swatting people like apop is fine I wouldn't be surprised if the same happened to sawrge even with a lack of any evidence



Shit like this has happened in the /tg/ community before where a player stalked another person online for years because "they were a schizo otherkin"
my admin feedback thread


quotes
Spoiler:
Malkraz wrote:YES
DRINK THE PISS QB


angelstarri wrote:qbmax is a retard


imsxz wrote:mythic please stop you’ve hit rock bottom and you KEEP DIGGING


deedubya wrote:I'll defend to the death your right to scream "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" on a constant basis, but I'll also equally defend the right of people to call you a fuckin' pillock for doing it.

datorangebottle wrote:what, not having to act like customer service in a volunteer customer service position?

Here's a rebuttal: you're literally in a customer service slash celebrity position. Volunteer or not.

Malkraz wrote:can you stop posting this shit

Nalzul wrote:Fuck Blob (can you imagine how hot it would be to be gangbanged by a bunch of blobbernauts, the blob, and spores)

Wyzack wrote:qbmax your pathetic display of abhorrent burgercraft has brought shame onto the omnivores

Plapatin wrote:i AM the senate

BONERMASTER wrote:I am a big thinker, and it would only be logical if my character had a big head as well. And glasses. Because only people that think, wear glasses.

feem wrote:i tried to send canisters of urine to the station but ended up turning all oxygen into urine and breaking lavaland and also breathing

Anonmare wrote:Each post in this thread can't settle on what it wants to be, but yet, each one is more cursed than the last.

Beesting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.

Vile Beggar wrote:i don't like this thread

imsxz wrote:nervore

FantasticFwoosh wrote:I will whisper sweet nothings that will confuse and perhaps scare you a little, but enhance the experience no-less.

afelinidisfinetoo wrote:By the way, the person who posted that catgirl porn on the github page was me. If anyone wants my private stash just PM me

Nervere wrote:Anything for a femoid.....

Qbopper wrote:I'm a dumb poopy butthead

CitrusGender wrote:god i love it when people feed me my own fried legs

User avatar
iamgoofball
Github User
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:50 pm
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Re: Statement from the Headmin Team 30/06

Postby iamgoofball » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:09 pm #422611

i have no had my coffee but here is My Side of the story

>be me, 2/08/18
>sawrge just got away with throwing meteors at the station because cat ears got disabled, was angry
>sawrge posted creepy looking porn in one of our discords, the sligcord in specific
>i am Very Angry that sawrge hasnt been punished for his admin abuse with the meteors
>following discussion occurs: https://pastebin.com/KKc00F5Z (date formatted weirdly because a European guy pulled the logs for me)
>arguing with sawrge, i am Very Mad and am not really typing good sentences
>fuck up and say the now infamous quote, not actually meaning anything about doxxing and not even thinking about it
>dont really think about it again until later on in the chat when someone asks "did u dox him???"
>I tell him where the fuck did he get that idea, others chiming in saying "lol no thats retarded"
>he links the original quote, I think "oh shit i see how he could assume that"
>I figured editing it would seem more suspicious than already so I just post something about how no, I did not dox sawrge and don't intend to
>sawrge at this point has been making jokes about how "i let miggles onto my account to throw meteors" because it riled me up and was probably funny, so when they started posting "yeah lol goof is TOTALLY doxxing me ;)" i assumed it was just another joke to fuck with me
>much like the original quote, when presented in context it's cleared up that it was not serious
>arguing goes back to normal

>fast forward to 3/02/18(i think, need to check logs)
>MSO contacts me, asks me politely "hey stop saying sawrge has CP, you know its not cool and its not even true bro"
>I agree realizing "hey yeah that was a stupid idea"
>dont think about it from then, and I've abided by MSO's demand since

>fastforward to 5 days ago
>Repukan appeal
>see weird handling, suspicious that they were using the appeal as a cudgel to fuck with armhulen or vice versa
>post about it, everyone laughs at le goof conspiracy post #534312 and explains "no see, there was some internal stuff going on that explains everything"
>acknowledge that, propose higher transparancy to avoid this sort of conclusion, thread was success because the reason behind the confusion was explained and a solution was identified
>play some gee mod and pass out
>wake up next morning to a forum ban
Image
>confused and angry, I ask MSO who placed it, revealed to be Ausops
>alright, go talk to arm, they say no game ban was applied, only ban was still my OOC ban
>tell oranges about it because I'm pretty angry that once again, my legit concerns about the way the admins handle themselves publicly was used as "lol goof stirring shit again, better ban"
>I may be an asshole but I am not doing anything in "bad faith", i am just a spergy asshole about ss13
>he posts in the thread calling ausops out
>ausops posts some edgy as fuck "he knows what he did I HAVE A LONG MEMORY" post and doesnt say anything else publicly afterwards
>hg rises from his grave to critique the stupid ban reason as well
>bunch of shit that isnt too important happens, then 6/27/18 rolls along
>HG sends me the "real" ban reason that he found in the admin forums
>not only was I lied to about the ban reason, but they had the flimsiest case ever of a single screenshot of one message with no context and no other proof
>i start digging, notice discord ban applied, have a player go grab logs of the incident(previously linked above)
>sure enough, when the context of the discussion is applied, not only does the claim of doxxing seem stupid, even the guy who is "the victim" is apparently joking about the whole thing because it's ridiculous
>HG gets popped for leaking admin forums because we forgot to edit out the admin tools in the screencap
>pour one our for HG
>i feel like I'm forgetting stuff here but its been a long fucking week
>ausops changes the ban reason again, and has oranges tell me "I'll lift the ban if you publicly say sawrge doesnt do CP"
>now, at this point, the ban reason has gone from "Goof posts in bad faith" to "goof doxxed sawrge" to "goof says sawrge has CP still"
>all three easily disprovable
>I assume it's just another bullshit reason and that even if I complied with that they'd probably just shift the goalposts when the excuse doesnt work anymore like they did the last two times
>i do message sawrge and apologize though since I forgot to, I have logs for that if need be but not posting yet because private conversation though
>WE ARE FINALLY IN TOUCH WITH HEADMINS
>they explain that ausops came to them and said the dox was a real legit threat, they rolled with it because they didn't know me very well and trusted the oldmin's judgement
>as I stated in that discussion, theres a reason all the old players including the ones who hated my guts popped out of the woodwork protesting the ban
>MSO has also arrived, says he's not convinced that there wasn't a potential threat but unbans me
>we are now here

in short:
>ausops was mad I wasn't banned for the sawrge thing when he was headmin because the other two headmins said it wasn't an actual threat and that it's stupid, so he waited until both kor and arm were out of the picture or about to be and then took advantage of the headmins being 2new and not knowing the context or how I act, and their oldmin status to get me banned for this

User avatar
iamgoofball
Github User
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:50 pm
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Re: Statement from the Headmin Team 30/06

Postby iamgoofball » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:11 pm #422612

tl;dr for people
>no doxxing was ever intended
>yes, I know how that quote looks
>no, I did not intend to mean any doxxing of any kind
>yes, I have logs to back up everything I've said including the headmin discussion
>ausops is a slimy asshole who refused to state a real ban reason until 3 days of having it drug out of them

there was never any intent to dox sawrge, i have not doxxed sawrge, i will never dox sawrge, and he also didn't have CP I just kneejerked over annie may tiddies that looked vaguely underage
Last edited by iamgoofball on Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Qustinnus
 
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:30 am
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Re: Statement from the Headmin Team 30/06

Postby Qustinnus » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:12 pm #422613

edit: he edited the thread
Last edited by Qustinnus on Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostThis post was deleted by captain sawrge on Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:20 pm.
Reason: hit post instead of edsit

User avatar
captain sawrge
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:13 pm
Byond Username: Sawrge

Re: Statement from the Headmin Team 30/06

Postby captain sawrge » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:22 pm #422619

Qustinnus wrote:

I edited the post and removed your name from it.
Image

User avatar
iamgoofball
Github User
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:50 pm
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Re: Statement from the Headmin Team 30/06

Postby iamgoofball » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:23 pm #422620

Karp wrote:considering the autists who think doxxing and swatting people like apop is fine

they did what? jfc, people are fucked up

User avatar
imblyings
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:42 pm
Location: >using suit sensors
Byond Username: Ausops

Re: Statement from the Headmin Team 30/06

Postby imblyings » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:29 pm #422626

A lot of baseless accusations from someone immature enough to make threats involving cp. None of which are true but imagine being so out of control you'd cross that line to hurt someone and then try to push the spotlight off such a violation by trying to put it on someone else.

I offered you an olive branch via oranges and explained my reasoning behind why a ban was necessary for someone who thinks they can threaten tg administration with cp accusations and that an unban would be fine if you understood the sheer gravity of ever involving that topic.

Instead I find you here lying your head off about my motivations and trying your very best to downplay what you did while posting as if you're surprised the reddit and hippie lynch mobs you like to rile up would swat people.

I liked you enough to sprite for you but in between then and now you've shown some ugly colors.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.

User avatar
iamgoofball
Github User
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:50 pm
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Re: Statement from the Headmin Team 30/06

Postby iamgoofball » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:32 pm #422630

imblyings wrote:A lot of baseless accusations from someone immature enough to make threats involving cp.

Let's start with this one.

Please name one of the "baseless accusations" and I'll post my evidence, conversations, and proof leading to this assumption.

Also, you very clearly didn't read anything I've posted, seeing as I've apologized to sawrge himself, and have publicly acknowledged that sawrge did not post CP in this very thread and on discord, and that months prior to you deciding to go on a banning spree, I had already spoken with and had an agreement made with MSO.

User avatar
iamgoofball
Github User
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:50 pm
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Re: Statement from the Headmin Team 30/06

Postby iamgoofball » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:41 pm #422632

imblyings wrote:Instead I find you here lying your head off about my motivations

When you've lied multiple times about the reason and been incredibly evasive about it even to fellow administration members, is it so confusing that I would question your motives? Especially after you waited 4 months since the incident and didn't even consult the victim in question?

imblyings wrote:and trying your very best to downplay what you did while posting as if you're surprised the reddit and hippie lynch mobs you like to rile up would swat people.


I have not researched the situation with apop because I simply didn't care nor did I have the time to care at the time. You really are desperate for those hot zingers, aren't you?

User avatar
imblyings
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:42 pm
Location: >using suit sensors
Byond Username: Ausops

Re: Statement from the Headmin Team 30/06

Postby imblyings » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:44 pm #422633

Everything to do with why i banned you. My motivation was and still is to get rid of anyone who thinks they can make those threats. If you want the most truthful personal reason, and its one you probably wouldnt have guessed and one i only figured out after thinking, its a desire to get rid of people who hurt this place before i leave. Absolutely nothing else factored into it, so youve made a bunch of dumb assumptions.

I read everything you posted, I saw an opportunity for understanding and peace and offered it then when I read the conversation believing you had realized the absolute gravity and implications of whatd you done. Its not just thinking you specifically could get away with making threats with no real consequence, its setting the stage for similar threats to be made. Of course you then asked for all headmins and me to resign so we said no to your silly response, since it sure does imply all youve learned is to apologize and then get mad when others get mad at what you did.

As im told mso wasnt even fully aware of what youd done up until now.

Im just heavily disappointed m8

Im just disappointed in you because
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.

User avatar
imblyings
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:42 pm
Location: >using suit sensors
Byond Username: Ausops

Re: Statement from the Headmin Team 30/06

Postby imblyings » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:47 pm #422635

Yet i didnt once lie, lack of disclosure to the entire admin team though regrettably dumb isnt lying.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.

User avatar
iamgoofball
Github User
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:50 pm
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Re: Statement from the Headmin Team 30/06

Postby iamgoofball » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:57 pm #422640

See, I really want to believe you here that you were just trying to look out for players, but after everything that happened this week this feels like damage control.

User avatar
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:27 am
Byond Username: Arianya

Re: Statement from the Headmin Team 30/06

Postby Arianya » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:59 pm #422641

iamgoofball wrote:>fuck up and say the now infamous quote, not actually meaning anything about doxxing and not even thinking about it


For clarity, and I appreciate that recalling a discussion from 4+ months ago isn't exactly easy, what did you/do you think you meant by the quote? I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt but it's an odd quote even with that.

MrStonedOne wrote:[snipped]


Not worth a seperate post, but thumbsup all of this.
Last edited by Arianya on Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg

User avatar
MrStonedOne
Host
 
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:56 pm
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Re: Statement from the Headmin Team 30/06

Postby MrStonedOne » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:59 pm #422642

iamgoofball wrote:
Karp wrote:considering the autists who think doxxing and swatting people like apop is fine

they did what? jfc, people are fucked up


One of the private discords that people regularly send me screenshots about had people discussing going "apop" on admins here because you got banned.

Just like the situation with rshoe, its less about what you'll do goofball, and more about what the people you rile up will do, and since you're so good at doing that, this is something you should keep in mind going forward.

To answer everybody's question about why I unbanned goof. 1, I Don't think it's necessary a Good Thing to permanently ban somebody ~5 months later for a situation that at the worst would have only been a short lived blacklist followed by a public apology if the ban had been placed at the time. 2, goofball and sawrge hashed things out, and 3, I had already handled this by having a talk with goofball so it seemed silly to bring the issue back (something ausops didn't know). Officially the ban stands as time served, unofficially if we were going to do something, it should have been done then and there, and while trying to retroactively fix that mistake is an understandable response, it doesn't work out that way.

Going forward, it is a non-stop trip to the blacklist the next time somebody threatens to dox/swat anybody, encourages or incites it, or even so much as publically shows glee that somebody is the target of doxing or swatting; as well as any related activities that involve doing things with the knowledge of personal information, be it contacting their work or friends or family (outside of contacting authorities to report a crime) or finding somebody's personal info (such as a personal twitter account) then taunting them with the knowledge (publically or over pm). I don't care if you find out the guy is an axe murder on the run, or a pervert with a foot fetish who works at a nail salon, the penalty remains the same.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder

MrStonedOne on Reddit(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord.

Jack7D1 wrote:After reviewing the history of our previous host(s) I conclude that MSO is our most favorable host to date. To remove him would be very unwise.
Jack7D1 wrote:I seem to be mistaken

User avatar
iamgoofball
Github User
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:50 pm
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Re: Statement from the Headmin Team 30/06

Postby iamgoofball » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:01 pm #422644

Arianya wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:>fuck up and say the now infamous quote, not actually meaning anything about doxxing and not even thinking about it


For clarity, and I appreciate that recalling a discussion from 4+ months ago isn't exactly easy, what did you/do you think you meant by the quote? I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt but it's an odd quote even with that.

I legitimately meant deadminning, and the word fired was used in context of adminning 2d spacemans. I was angryposting and didn't really stop to read what I was posting at the time and it just kinda jumbled up into that. Like I said, I considered clarifying it at the time but figured "eh, in context everyone knows it means from admin". I didn't anticipate it getting pulled out of context completely before being used.

User avatar
imblyings
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:42 pm
Location: >using suit sensors
Byond Username: Ausops

Re: Statement from the Headmin Team 30/06

Postby imblyings » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:02 pm #422645

Im done

If being removed from being able to shitpost here hurt you i apologize. If you thought you were being accused of eoxxing, blame miscommunication. At all times i said the deets were already in the open, it was the threat of them being found and used for a false criminal accusation to get someone deadminned. I was very careful to word it this way and always did.

Mso let you have free reign here again, and i hope you never ever make any threat of that sort ever, as a joke, or in anger, and that if you see it happen, to tell them to cut it out.

No its not damage control at all. You made people mad and worried and i delayed lashing out until now. Mso runs a tight ship and i dont think he'll let it happen again from anyone.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.

User avatar
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
 
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:47 pm
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Re: Statement from the Headmin Team 30/06

Postby Super Aggro Crag » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:03 pm #422646

Holy shit ausops, go fuck yourself for ghostbanning goofball for someone he did months ago because he hurt your fee fees In the repukan thread. You're a fucking slime.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Saegrimr
 
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:39 pm
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: Statement from the Headmin Team 30/06

Postby Saegrimr » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:03 pm #422647

MrStonedOne wrote:I don't care if you find out the guy is an axe murder on the run, or a pervert with a foot fetish who works at a nail salon, the penalty remains the same.

I wish more people kept online shit online and IRL shit IRL and stop fucking trying to cross the shit together.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.

User avatar
Hornygranny
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:54 pm
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Re: Statement from the Headmin Team 30/06

Postby Hornygranny » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:13 pm #422650

imblyings wrote:Im done

If being removed from being able to shitpost here hurt you i apologize. If you thought you were being accused of eoxxing, blame miscommunication. At all times i said the deets were already in the open, it was the threat of them being found and used for a false criminal accusation to get someone deadminned. I was very careful to word it this way and always did.

Mso let you have free reign here again, and i hope you never ever make any threat of that sort ever, as a joke, or in anger, and that if you see it happen, to tell them to cut it out.

No its not damage control at all. You made people mad and worried and i delayed lashing out until now. Mso runs a tight ship and i dont think he'll let it happen again from anyone.

If you're actually sorry, resign. Even limiting the scope of this discussion strictly to you and Goof, you have handled this incredibly poorly, and caused a lot of headache for other people. You're supposed to be a role model as one of the most senior admins left, and instead you caused the worst drama in years. Set a good example, and just step away.
Image

User avatar
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
 
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:47 pm
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Re: Statement from the Headmin Team 30/06

Postby Super Aggro Crag » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:17 pm #422651

Petty, churlish, arrogant.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Bluespace
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:04 pm
Location: UK
Byond Username: Bluespace

Re: Statement from the Headmin Team 30/06

Postby Bluespace » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:19 pm #422652

"pervert with a foot fetish who works at a nail salon"
:shock:
shut it down MSO knows

on topic:
goofball you're an odd fella and you say some real fucked up dumb shit, you probably need to get your head beat a little to fix whatever form of advanced autism you have, but i doubt you're an evil guy.
this got blown up pretty quick and if we all just remain calm and work through it with papa mso's help i'm sure we can agree this is a bit out of scope for a lil videogame like ss13, put it in the past and not make dumb swat/dox/cp threats or promises again.
I play Boris Pepper.
Image

User avatar
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:27 am
Byond Username: Arianya

Re: Statement from the Headmin Team 30/06

Postby Arianya » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:27 pm #422655

Hornygranny wrote:If you're actually sorry, resign. Even limiting the scope of this discussion strictly to you and Goof, you have handled this incredibly poorly, and caused a lot of headache for other people. You're supposed to be a role model as one of the most senior admins left, and instead you caused the worst drama in years. Set a good example, and just step away.


Deadminning/asking to resign experienced and generally respected staff over one incident, and one in which he had the agreement of headmins seems really weird and petty. And doubly an odd statement from someone who has only just been removed from a role model position for misuse of privileges, directly going against a request from the headmins.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg

User avatar
bandit
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:35 pm
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Re: Statement from the Headmin Team 30/06

Postby bandit » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:30 pm #422657

if we can take anything away from this shitshow let it be a reminder to check whether your personal info is available online, and if it is (you may be surprised), then attempt to get it removed from at least the public facing databases

edit: this is not an endorsement of doxing, but just good practice in general
Last edited by bandit on Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls

User avatar
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
 
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:47 pm
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Re: Statement from the Headmin Team 30/06

Postby Super Aggro Crag » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:31 pm #422658

DO AS WE SAY
NOT AS WE DO
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Iatots
 
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:17 pm
Byond Username: Iatots
Github Username: Iatots

Re: Statement from the Headmin Team 30/06

Postby Iatots » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:36 pm #422661

Sorry for being a smoothbrain but could sawrge's cause of resignation be spelled out? I am seeing a strong potential precedent here but maybe it's just a heat-induced vision.

User avatar
Hornygranny
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:54 pm
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Re: Statement from the Headmin Team 30/06

Postby Hornygranny » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:36 pm #422662

Arianya wrote:Deadminning/asking to resign experienced and generally respected staff over one incident, and one in which he had the agreement of headmins seems really weird and petty.

It's not. This was a tremendous error in judgement, and he doubled down on it repeatedly until other intervened. He also threatened Starmute in private with expulsion from the community for expressing their opinions, and tried to silence An0n3.
And doubly an odd statement from someone who has only just been removed from a role model position for misuse of privileges, directly going against a request from the headmins.

I don't listen to people who are wrong, nor do I do what's asked of me over what's right.
Image

User avatar
Saegrimr
 
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:39 pm
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: Statement from the Headmin Team 30/06

Postby Saegrimr » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:39 pm #422663

This is a safe space.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.

User avatar
Toronto88
 
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:55 pm
Byond Username: Booboobug

Re: Statement from the Headmin Team 30/06

Postby Toronto88 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:42 pm #422664

imblyings wrote:Im done

If being removed from being able to shitpost here hurt you i apologize. If you thought you were being accused of eoxxing, blame miscommunication. At all times i said the deets were already in the open, it was the threat of them being found and used for a false criminal accusation to get someone deadminned. I was very careful to word it this way and always did.

Mso let you have free reign here again, and i hope you never ever make any threat of that sort ever, as a joke, or in anger, and that if you see it happen, to tell them to cut it out.

No its not damage control at all. You made people mad and worried and i delayed lashing out until now. Mso runs a tight ship and i dont think he'll let it happen again from anyone.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image
Image

User avatar
captain sawrge
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:13 pm
Byond Username: Sawrge

Re: Statement from the Headmin Team 30/06

Postby captain sawrge » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:42 pm #422665

Iatots wrote:Sorry for being a smoothbrain but could sawrge's cause of resignation be spelled out? I am seeing a strong potential precedent here but maybe it's just a heat-induced vision.

I was adivsed to step down until the initial drama blew over and did so, and haven't made any real serious attempts to come back since.
Image

feem
 
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:13 pm
Byond Username: Feemjmeem
Github Username: feemjmeem

Re: Statement from the Headmin Team 30/06

Postby feem » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:44 pm #422666

BOTH WORDS AND ACTIONS HAVE IMPACT AND CONSEQUENCES

User avatar
Toronto88
 
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:55 pm
Byond Username: Booboobug

Re: Statement from the Headmin Team 30/06

Postby Toronto88 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:55 pm #422670

I ? guess ? this ? explains ?what ?took ?so ?long
Image
Image

PostThis post was deleted by Qbopper on Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:19 am.
Reason: why am i even still on the forums

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Statement from the Headmin Team 30/06

Postby oranges » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:19 am #422724

Super Aggro Crag wrote:Holy shit ausops, go fuck yourself for ghostbanning goofball for someone he did months ago because he hurt your fee fees In the repukan thread. You're a fucking slime.

User avatar
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
 
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:47 pm
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Re: Statement from the Headmin Team 30/06

Postby Super Aggro Crag » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:08 am #422737

Warning: drunkpost

Seriously, either you cowardly attempted to remove goof t months after the fact when the new admin team would go along with it, or you searched for a reason to remove him when you impulse banned him

You deserve to be deadminned
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:07 pm
Location: Belgium
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Re: Statement from the Headmin Team 30/06

Postby Dax Dupont » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:54 am #422870

We really should codify if you willing rile up people because you get banned/disagree with things you're responsible for their actions, especially raiding and threats/"""""jokes""""" about swatting admins/players.

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Statement from the Headmin Team 30/06

Postby oranges » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:09 am #422889

That's stupid, part of being in a community is getting them to act when people don't do things you like and that requires publically dragging things up.

What kind of brain dead anime lackey thinks its' a good idea to codify that it's not okay to get people involved in your cause over something that you think is wrong or unjust.

It's more than satisfactory to say that threatening real life repercussions over the game will be a blacklist-able offence and leave it at that.

User avatar
MrStonedOne
Host
 
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:56 pm
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Re: Statement from the Headmin Team 30/06

Postby MrStonedOne » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:30 am #422891

At the end of the day when we fuck up players should be mad and they will naturally want to talk with each other about how mad they are and want to voice and express how bad we fucked up to our faces while encouraging other players to do the same because there is safety in numbers and there is no practical distinction from this and rabble rousing.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder

MrStonedOne on Reddit(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord.

Jack7D1 wrote:After reviewing the history of our previous host(s) I conclude that MSO is our most favorable host to date. To remove him would be very unwise.
Jack7D1 wrote:I seem to be mistaken

User avatar
Toronto88
 
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:55 pm
Byond Username: Booboobug

Re: Statement from the Headmin Team 30/06

Postby Toronto88 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:38 am #422892

oranges wrote:That's stupid, part of being in a community is getting them to act when people don't do things you like and that requires publically dragging things up.

What kind of brain dead anime lackey thinks its' a good idea to codify that it's not okay to get people involved in your cause over something that you think is wrong or unjust.

It's more than satisfactory to say that threatening real life repercussions over the game will be a blacklist-able offence and leave it at that.


was there any actual "raiding" or "doxxing" or anything like that which stemmed from this event? From what I saw Goof told his story and people got offended by how he was treated and came in and spoke their mind. Somehow to the people on the receiving end of this criticism this translates to threatening them IRL
Image
Image

PostThis post was deleted by Jordie0608 on Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:24 am.
Reason: User requested account deletion

Next

Return to Town Hall

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cakoceag874