Statement from the Headmin Team 30/06

Users can post replies, but only game admins, mods, and forum admins may post topics. Mainly for questions and official discussions
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Statement from the Headmin Team 30/06

Post by oranges » #422905

Bottom post of the previous page:

sorry it should say admin lackey, not anime lackey, the two are just so confusable to me these days.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #422913

Dax Dupont wrote:
Toronto88 wrote:
oranges wrote:That's stupid, part of being in a community is getting them to act when people don't do things you like and that requires publically dragging things up.

What kind of brain dead anime lackey thinks its' a good idea to codify that it's not okay to get people involved in your cause over something that you think is wrong or unjust.

It's more than satisfactory to say that threatening real life repercussions over the game will be a blacklist-able offence and leave it at that.
was there any actual "raiding" or "doxxing" or anything like that which stemmed from this event? From what I saw Goof told his story and people got offended by how he was treated and came in and spoke their mind. Somehow to the people on the receiving end of this criticism this translates to threatening them IRL
There were threats/"""jokes""" about swatting the headmins yes. There's screenshots of this.
If you're talking about the one MSO talked about, investigation revealed it was someone known for making dumb edgy jokes in a discord where people make dumb edgy jokes all the time.
starmute
Byond Username: Starmute

Post by starmute » #422922

Rustledjimm wrote:On Tuesday morning, Ausops asked the headmins if they would veto a rule 0 ban from the server, he was told that we would not veto that. Then Ausops informed MSO that he would additionally be placing a forum ban on goofball (headmins have no say in forum administration except FNR and Admin subforums.) Later in the day, Ausops came forward and clarified that the ban reason was a combination of a rule 0/1 and the previous threat made by Goofball (which was not pursued four months ago due to concerns regarding the victim's safety.) Immediately, we became concerned since we know what can happen when accusations and doxxing can get out of hand, I’m sure you will all remember incidents such as the Boston Bomber where someone innocent died after digg “investigated” and accused them of committing the bombing.

Ausops applied a ban from the server (tgstation game) for something related to the forums. I have no idea why goof was banned from the game for this.

Ausops then gives him a complete forum ban.

*Apparently the order of this was reversed the forum ban was applied then the game ban. Regardless I'm just repeating jims information that he posted.

Ausops then gives you the dets of something that happened 4 months ago. Sawge is in clear and present danger after 4 months of goofball making a comment about him posting something that was in bad taste on the internet even though it has been a quarter of a year and change.

Goof gets blacklisted.

THE VERY SAME DAY (maybe at the same time?)

I posted a thread that was about consolidating current admin policies, adding official forum and discord feedback to admin feedback forum (wew and is it apparent we need it after this), and expanding server rules to define what happens during sexual harassment issues.

Ausops tells me to go fuck myself in the forums, when I say what the hell he tells me he'll ban me from the community.

Forward it to headmins, they say they'll look into it, tell me I've done nothing wrong and ausops isn't can't ban me for what I said despite his threat.

Afterwards I hear about some shit Ausops did to Anon recently. Jesus christ.

So I guess my questions are these

1. Why was there a clear and present danger to sawge after 4 months?

2. What did goof do ingame that justified his game ban because of a forum problem?

3. After looking into the initial information at hand (that the issue was 4 months old) why didn't you investigate it together.

4. Concerning Anon and my own issues poping up at the same time: wouldn't that tip you off something was wrong?

5. Why is everyone using the phrase "bad faith" like it is a buisness buzzword. Why not say "you intended to lie to us"?

6. Why didn't you "consult" the "victim" before making a ban about something that happened 4 months ago?

7. Do you beleve Ausops mislead you about the timing of all this (IE Goof criticizes Ausops, Ausops uses Goof's arguement with Sawge 4 months ago as a catylst to get Goof banned) Did he tell you that this was a issue over a quarter of a year old?

8. Is Ausops being punished any way for breaking admin policy, forum rules, carrying out a ventetta plus acting like a schoolyard bully? Or is Ausops going to just slide on this one and keep being a "gamemaster", a rank that is confered to people who are supposed to be role-models to other admins

9. Did you/ Do you believe that Sawge was better protected by picking a fight with Goofball 4 months after the fact for something that may have been illegal (I mean not to be a ass about it but it was a argument on discord about Sawge posting something that Goof felt was inappropriate), that was used as evidence for Goof's banning out of context and without the "victims" knowledge.

10. Do you think this could have been avoided?

I'm a pessimist so here's my prediction:

So ultimately here's how it pans out for me and what I see happening. Ausops, like it or not has too many connections here and will remain a gamemaster and won't even get a slap on the wrist. We'll make a big hubabloo about issues here but ultimately we're going to not "error on the side of caution" and prevent another accident like this but instead double down on our faults. Older players will be annoyed by the administration and take long hiatuses after which admins will tell them their opinion doesn't matter because they haven't played the game (Happens constantly already). So unless the team steps up.. I don't see what is being done to prevent a issue like this where a player was blacklisted for a comment they made 4 months ago due to the vendetta of a Gamemaster.

Jim. I respect you but honestly... I don't see how the head administrators just "bought the Brooklyn bridge" here. It still seems fishy and leaves a nasty taste in my mouth. The whole thing with it being 4 months ago should have set off red flags and at least called for a investigation with the victim (and Goofballs) side of the story before a out and out blacklist. If Ausops was lying to you or omited that it wasn't 4 months ago then he probably deserves to be kicked off the Admin team at the very least, if it was your fault and you didn't investigate... I don't know what to say. I like this community thats why I keep coming back but when the admin team acts like this it makes me not want to play (then I get shit for not playing ironicly)

Anyways... please do better admin team.
Last edited by starmute on Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:18 am, edited 7 times in total.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #422924

Ausops applied a ban from the server (tgstation game) for something related to the forums. I have no idea why goof was banned from the game for this.

these are reversed, I confirmed my game ban wasn't applied until after the forum ban(which makes the statement of the rule 0 being "extended" to the forums seem suspect)
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #422931

when is ausops getting busted back to trial?
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #422932

From how the situation was explained to us, it was not pursued four months ago because of fear of retribution against the victim. I originally thought the ban was a rule 0/1 at first but then I realized it was something different after the ban was added.

I don't think Ausops acted correctly with your situation Starmute. There is no reason to make threats in PMs to 'not pretend to be friendly and helpful.' We do not tolerate such type of behavior.
starmute

Post by starmute » #422940

CitrusGender wrote:From how the situation was explained to us, it was not pursued four months ago because of fear of retribution against the victim. I originally thought the ban was a rule 0/1 at first but then I realized it was something different after the ban was added.

I don't think Ausops acted correctly with your situation Starmute. There is no reason to make threats in PMs to 'not pretend to be friendly and helpful.' We do not tolerate such type of behavior.

Ausops SHOULDN'T make threats or hold grudges, he should act professionally but Ausops is Ausops.

As far as the Goof's situation

Why wasn't the victim consulted? From his own accounts Sawge said they had already hashed it out. Perhaps Ausops "described" Sawge's situation very differently that the truth. When making a ban you talk to the victim not doing so shows a lack of common sense and a complete disregard for them. Was there some kind of "imminent threat" towards Sawge that happened that wasn't described that made you blacklist goof without consulting either of them?

Additionally this was all because of a internet fight 4 months ago where Goof accused Sawge of posting CP. From what I understand the whole thing was a murky affair, but Sawge shouldn't be posting questionable hentai images online (especially at their age, I have to say " Sawge what the hell were you thinking"). Then again I made a few blunders at that age too, so who am I to judge.. however

For me the issue is this either the

1. The Admin team blacklisted Goof without checking up on any of the facts of the case, making a collective colossal/titanic error in judgement to blacklist someone (our worst punishment) without consulting any of the individuals and relying on Ausops words alone

2. Ausops deliberately deceived the Headmins into thinking this was a issue that needed addressing now and without any prior investigation because he wants to pursue a active vendetta against players he does not like.

The latter seems more likely, however you never know how much humans can error until you've seen the HOP line during a revolution.

Additionally, and sorry Sawge for mentioning this... you didn't investigate to see if Goofball's claims were true. If you're going to lynch someone for making a claim then you should at least take a look at the claim.

Example:
Spoiler:
(example: I say "my neighbor is a petty drug dealer". The police should not immediately arrest me for slander because I made a claim. They should probably ask "why do you think they are a drug dealer")
A blacklist ban is usually doled out to the worst offenders. It seems like there wasn't any investigation into this other than "I guess we should do it now". I still don't get how making a blacklist ban 4 months after the incident makes it "safer". It makes it look incredibly shifty, so unless this ban was made at 2 in the morning and you haven't had sleep for weeks, its becomes more and more likely that you were mislead.

Additionally the whole resolution of how you did this made it MUCH worse for Sawge. Goof and him could have just patched it up.. if you would have just talked to Sawge plus Goof, realized that Ausops is just trying to get Goof banned and stir the collective shitpot this would have never gone this far.
Last edited by starmute on Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #422942

The victim was consulted by the headmin team after the ban occurred and they requested that the situation is kept secret, but it was already too late at that time (since we found out the real reason after the ban occured.) I am unsure if Ausops consulted the victim before the ban but I believe the victim said they did not. The write-up did a pretty good job describing this.

Goofball was contacted by me directly at the time specified when I posted in the Repukan thread. We initially wanted to have me, MSO, Rustled, and Arm there but Arm resigned, Rustled was Ill (and fell asleep on his keyboard), and MSO had been working recently so I talked with Goof myself.

I do agree though, unfortunately this did make the situation worse for all parties involved. It made all of us lose sleep over it, trust me.
Jordie0608
Site Admin
Byond Username: Jordie0608
Github Username: Jordie0608

Post by Jordie0608 » #422958

starmute wrote:1. The Admin team blacklisted Goof without checking up on any of the facts of the case, making a collective colossal/titanic error in judgement to blacklist someone (our worst punishment) without consulting any of the individuals and relying on Ausops words alone
To clear some confusion: Goof was never blacklisted nor, to my knowledge, considered for blacklisting.
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #422962

starmute wrote:

Additionally, and sorry Sawge for mentioning this... you didn't investigate to see if Goofball's claims were true. If you're going to lynch someone for making a claim then you should at least take a look at the claim.

I am going to step in quickly and say that this is a rather disgusting piece of assumption. It was looked into by the previous team well before goofball even made the threatening comment in the OP because the rumours had been spread by himself and a few people prior to the threat.

edit: I don't have time to answer all your questions just now I will get around to that later but I felt strongly that this was an incredibly awful assumption to make.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
Iatots
Byond Username: Iatots
Github Username: Iatots

Post by Iatots » #422968

Rustledjimm wrote:
starmute wrote:

I am going to step in quickly and say that this is a rather disgusting piece of assumption. It was looked into well before goofball even made the threatening comment in the OP because the rumours had been spread by himself and a few people prior to the threat.

edit: I don't have time to answer all your questions just now I will get around to that later but I felt strongly that this was an incredibly terrible assumption to make.
So they investigated just enough to see the threat, but not the broader conversation, nor the actual resolution of the conflict?
The investigation sounds like a farce. What was the thought process here?
"Oh hey, member when goof raised a stink about sawrge? Were they banned? What? Nobody thought about doing it? No problemo, I'll fix it!"
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #422969

Come on why would we do exactly what we didn’t want goof to do?

We’re admins for a ss13 group not internet police. If there’s damning evidence then we have an obligation to report it but we’re not going to look for it anymore than we have looked for individuals who are under 18 playing the game in the past.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Toronto88
Byond Username: Booboobug

Post by Toronto88 » #422984

starmute wrote:
Rustledjimm wrote:On Tuesday morning, Ausops asked the headmins if they would veto a rule 0 ban from the server, he was told that we would not veto that. Then Ausops informed MSO that he would additionally be placing a forum ban on goofball (headmins have no say in forum administration except FNR and Admin subforums.) Later in the day, Ausops came forward and clarified that the ban reason was a combination of a rule 0/1 and the previous threat made by Goofball (which was not pursued four months ago due to concerns regarding the victim's safety.) Immediately, we became concerned since we know what can happen when accusations and doxxing can get out of hand, I’m sure you will all remember incidents such as the Boston Bomber where someone innocent died after digg “investigated” and accused them of committing the bombing.

*Apparently the order of this was reversed the forum ban was applied then the game ban. Regardless I'm just repeating jims information that he posted.

Ausops then gives you the dets of something that happened 4 months ago. Sawge is in clear and present danger after 4 months of goofball making a comment about him posting something that was in bad taste on the internet even though it has been a quarter of a year and change.

Goof gets blacklisted.

THE VERY SAME DAY (maybe at the same time?)

I posted a thread that was about consolidating current admin policies, adding official forum and discord feedback to admin feedback forum (wew and is it apparent we need it after this), and expanding server rules to define what happens during sexual harassment issues.

Ausops tells me to go fuck myself in the forums, when I say what the hell he tells me he'll ban me from the community.

Forward it to headmins, they say they'll look into it, tell me I've done nothing wrong and ausops isn't can't ban me for what I said despite his threat.

Afterwards I hear about some shit Ausops did to Anon recently. Jesus christ.

So I guess my questions are these

1. Why was there a clear and present danger to sawge after 4 months?

2. What did goof do ingame that justified his game ban because of a forum problem?

3. After looking into the initial information at hand (that the issue was 4 months old) why didn't you investigate it together.

4. Concerning Anon and my own issues poping up at the same time: wouldn't that tip you off something was wrong?

5. Why is everyone using the phrase "bad faith" like it is a buisness buzzword. Why not say "you intended to lie to us"?

6. Why didn't you "consult" the "victim" before making a ban about something that happened 4 months ago?

7. Do you beleve Ausops mislead you about the timing of all this (IE Goof criticizes Ausops, Ausops uses Goof's arguement with Sawge 4 months ago as a catylst to get Goof banned) Did he tell you that this was a issue over a quarter of a year old?

8. Is Ausops being punished any way for breaking admin policy, forum rules, carrying out a ventetta plus acting like a schoolyard bully? Or is Ausops going to just slide on this one and keep being a "gamemaster", a rank that is confered to people who are supposed to be role-models to other admins

9. Did you/ Do you believe that Sawge was better protected by picking a fight with Goofball 4 months after the fact for something that may have been illegal (I mean not to be a ass about it but it was a argument on discord about Sawge posting something that Goof felt was inappropriate), that was used as evidence for Goof's banning out of context and without the "victims" knowledge.

I'm a pessimist so here's my prediction:

So ultimately here's how it pans out for me and what I see happening. Ausops, like it or not has too many connections here and will remain a gamemaster and won't even get a slap on the wrist. We'll make a big hubabloo about issues here but ultimately we're going to not "error on the side of caution" and prevent another accident like this but instead double down on our faults. Older players will be annoyed by the administration and take long hiatuses after which admins will tell them their opinion doesn't matter because they haven't played the game (Happens constantly already). So unless the team steps up.. I don't see what is being done to prevent a issue like this where a player was blacklisted for a comment they made 4 months ago due to the vendetta of a Gamemaster.

Jim. I respect you but honestly... I don't see how the head administrators just "bought the Brooklyn bridge" here. It still seems fishy and leaves a nasty taste in my mouth. The whole thing with it being 4 months ago should have set off red flags and at least called for a investigation with the victim (and Goofballs) side of the story before a out and out blacklist. If Ausops was lying to you or omited that it wasn't 4 months ago then he probably deserves to be kicked off the Admin team at the very least, if it was your fault and you didn't investigate... I don't know what to say. I like this community thats why I keep coming back but when the admin team acts like this it makes me not want to play (then I get shit for not playing ironicly)

Anyways... please do better admin team.

VERY EGREGIOUS ANIME AVATAR AND YET THE POSTING IS BEAUTIFUL... WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON HERE...

Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #422985

awesine wrote:
captain sawrge wrote: Last February a few people including Goof accused me of being a pedophile over some hentai image I posted elsewhere
sonic says:
digital pedophilia is still pedophilia
I've heard it stated by multiple people that goof was totally full of shit about the whole incident/image in question and was just starting shit to annoy sawrge when the alleged threat was mentioned. I dont know how accurate that is but do keep that in mind
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Qustinnus
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #423066

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:
awesine wrote:
captain sawrge wrote: Last February a few people including Goof accused me of being a pedophile over some hentai image I posted elsewhere
sonic says:
digital pedophilia is still pedophilia
I've heard it stated by multiple people that goof was totally full of shit about the whole incident/image in question and was just starting shit to annoy sawrge when the alleged threat was mentioned. I dont know how accurate that is but do keep that in mind
that was mostly disinformation and it was mostly because people disagree on what is and isn't legal. (I think it's also state/country dependent whether it is or isnt)
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #423073

So does the general situation appear like this? Ausops did bully things on baiter and everyone is in the wrong. I mean two wrongs don't make a right here. So hopefully no one involved in the initial goof situation feels like they were acting particularly like an angel. It's just that some people did more wrong than others.
► Show Spoiler
starmute

Post by starmute » #423075

Rustledjimm wrote:
starmute wrote:

I am going to step in quickly and say that this is a rather disgusting piece of assumption. It was looked into by the previous team well before goofball even made the threatening comment in the OP because the rumours had been spread by himself and a few people prior to the threat.

edit: I don't have time to answer all your questions just now I will get around to that later but I felt strongly that this was an incredibly awful assumption to make.
Asking if the situation had any validity to begin with is important. Considering Sawge admitted it was questionable art it shouldn't be a "how dare you", especially since we are talking about banning someone from the forums, the discord and the game. Sawge made a extremely stupid mistake posting that shit online.

Edit/addendum

At some point before the head administration team allowed Ausops to make a ban from the entire forums, the game and discord someone should have looked into the whole situation and pressed the "stop" button. The situation was previously resolved, the parties affected were okay with letting sleeping dogs lie.

I honestly think you are a good guy here Jim but this is about responsibility as well. Ausops banned Goof for one reason and then shifted the goalpost to the Sawge issue that happened 4 months ago. Despite it being a extremely serious case Sawge wasn't even spoken to.

The ability to ban someone from the game, forums, and discord server is typically held by the host and the three head administrators: either Ausops did this without your consent and prior knowledge or he did.

If Ausops applied a ban from the game discord server and forums (IE a blacklist ban) with your knowledge [Which citrus said wasn't so] then you should have investigated before allowing him to do this. If he did this without approval from the Head Administrators well then it should have been addressed sooner.
Last edited by starmute on Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Toronto88
Byond Username: Booboobug

Post by Toronto88 » #423077

starmute wrote:
Rustledjimm wrote:
starmute wrote:

Asking if the situation had any validity to begin with is important. Considering Sawge admitted it was questionable art it shouldn't be a "how dare you", especially since we are talking about banning someone from the forums, the discord and the game. Sawge made a extremely stupid mistake posting that shit online.
>Comment on things the admins involved themselves admit were a huge fuck up
> "what u said is disgusting.. very disappointed in u.."
> :roll:
factoryman942
Byond Username: Factoryman942

Post by factoryman942 » #423123

MrStonedOne wrote:Going forward, it is a non-stop trip to the blacklist the next time somebody threatens to dox/swat anybody, encourages or incites it, or even so much as publically shows glee that somebody is the target of doxing or swatting; as well as any related activities that involve doing things with the knowledge of personal information, be it contacting their work or friends or family (outside of contacting authorities to report a crime) or finding somebody's personal info (such as a personal twitter account) then taunting them with the knowledge (publically or over pm). I don't care if you find out the guy is an axe murder on the run, or a pervert with a foot fetish who works at a nail salon, the penalty remains the same.
I believe this text, or a shortened version of it, should be:
placed on the rules page, either as its own rule or under rule 1;
put in the server MOTDs, preferably in big red angry large text;
posted directly to the discord #announcements channel with a ping, rather than just a link to the thread.

edit: why do we have a [*] if it does nothing?[/i]
Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #423132

First of all starmute I would just like to say that what happened between you and Ausops is being looked at and taken seriously. We aren't happy with what we saw there at all. This week has been busy though and I know you are not happy with the speed things have been moving along, nobody has been ourselves more than anyone.

Perhaps I read into what you stated badly but I felt like suggesting it wasn't looked into was a bad assumption to make at best.

Now then, Head Administration has no control over forum bans. That is forum administration which is entirely MSO's purview. Ausops placed the forum ban and informed MSO, MSO has unbanned goofball. Moving forward as you've heard we are looking to change this so administration is more streamlined and structured on the forum. This whole incident has shown that change is required in the way forum administration is done.

Ausops banned goof as a rule0/1 for his general behaviour, including the incident 4 months ago which was the worst one in the eyes of those that knew of it. Sawrge was not informed of the ban no. Ausops did ask the headmins if we would stop him placing a rule 0/1 ban on goof and I said that I would not veto such a ban. It was only afterwards that the forumban was also mentioned which I have absolutely no say in. I can only control the Admin subforum and FNR subforum, I cannot even unban a forum ban if I wanted to.
1. Why was there a clear and present danger to sawrge after 4 months?
Because bringing this up again could cause reactions again. There's a reason goofball wasn't banned 4 months ago, incase he or someone who he rallied to his side decided to carry out the threat. It's entirely possible the same situation could happen again even 4 months later. Call it an "edgy joke discord" all you want but someone on Hippie literally stated "Let's apop Citrus or another headmin". I don't care if that's an edgy joke or not. When I hear that I'm not thinking "oh haha someone is joking about doxxing me". If it was found out this was partially over sawrge he could certainly be at danger of the original threat.
2. What did goof do ingame that justified his game ban because of a forum discord problem?
Because something as serious as a threat to dox as MSO has even stated in this thread is a one-way ticket to blacklisting, forum, discord, server, all. Whether you agree or disagree whether goofball actually meant it or not a threat was made.
I was informed of the situation by the former headmin team, one of which was on this terms headmin team, when we took over in march. The situation was looked into however it was deemed too dangerous to ban goofball over it incase of reprisals against sawrge.
As I stated previously I'm not happy with the way Ausops has been handling things lately. I'm not happy with myself at the way we handled this.
Sorry, we witheld certain vital information about the ban because we were worried about the real life situation to a member of our community. We made a mistake.
We should have done. We have consulted a few times with sawrge about re-adminning him as he says in his statement but we never discussed the ban before it happened which is our mistake.
He told me that it was a rule 0/1 ban for his general behaviour including the incident 4 months ago.
With the third headmin now in place we will certain be discussing and voting on what to do with Ausops very soon.

At the time what I saw in goof was someone who had threatened another member of the community with losing their job. That is what I saw in him at the time. I believed I was acting to protect the community as a whole. In hindsight it was handled terribly.

Oh many times. Looking back on it this will be one of those, if not the, moment(s) that I will regret the most during this term.

What I am going to do now is try to do the best from this. We are going to make changes to the way forum administration works, we are going to be changing admin conduct rules. We will be unifying and codifying expected standards on the server, forums and discord as at the moment all three have different and carying levels of standards which isn't fair on the players or the admins. There will be changes to the way admins conduct themselves in FNR and many more. For all these changes I will be pushing for player input before anything is implemented so they are kept in the know before changes go through and so they can discuss them among themselves, make suggestions, point out issues etc. etc. so we can work together to improve our policy, conduct, admin team and community as a whole. Not just admins discussing things but the whole community.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #423177

awesine wrote:
Dax Dupont wrote:
Toronto88 wrote:
oranges wrote:That's stupid, part of being in a community is getting them to act when people don't do things you like and that requires publically dragging things up.

What kind of brain dead anime lackey thinks its' a good idea to codify that it's not okay to get people involved in your cause over something that you think is wrong or unjust.

It's more than satisfactory to say that threatening real life repercussions over the game will be a blacklist-able offence and leave it at that.
was there any actual "raiding" or "doxxing" or anything like that which stemmed from this event? From what I saw Goof told his story and people got offended by how he was treated and came in and spoke their mind. Somehow to the people on the receiving end of this criticism this translates to threatening them IRL
There were threats/"""jokes""" about swatting the headmins yes. There's screenshots of this.
"""""""""""""jokes""""""""""""""
the above is a joke in itself
You say this, but having experienced someone bringing my real life into a game unrelated to it without giving them any reason to even care about me is scary.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #423230

Theres no 30th month of the year. You posted this on June 30th, so it would be 6/30. Youre welcome for fixing the typo <3
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #423244

Nabski wrote: You say this, but having experienced someone bringing my real life into a game unrelated to it without giving them any reason to even care about me is scary.
That's pretty scary, I've had the same and been made fun of by an entire community on one of the highest pop games on byond. It's not fun. But I feel like this is a false equivalency and is clearly not what transpired after MULTIPLE months have passed.

Being very blunt, waiting for four months and getting your come up it is fine and all. I guess. Yet, someone not even involved in the situation re-surging a dead and dealt with the situation after four months to get back at goof by making the highest members of the community do there bidding is pretty fucked up. It may just be "Lmao It's goof" But if such a hand was dealt with anyone where you'd get someone blatantly digging up plants that have already been planted. I find that pretty immature and would hopefully see Ausops apologize. It's not looking good from the outside-in dude.

This is at the very least petty revenge that needs to be called out and not ignored. Otherwise, history will just keep repeating itself, and we will take no actions to pre-emptively stop it in its tracks. You can hate a guy, but re-escalating an already dead situation to get rid of people and lying to make it happen is terrible. It's just not something I want to see from the leaders of my space station RPG. It's not fine to ignore it by downplaying the level of authority Ausops has either. Everyones still at the same place where they left off. I just don't think anything is getting done about this, and in time this situation will just re-occur.
► Show Spoiler
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #423295

Rustledjimm wrote:Because bringing this up again could cause reactions again. There's a reason goofball wasn't banned 4 months ago, incase he or someone who he rallied to his side decided to carry out the threat. It's entirely possible the same situation could happen again even 4 months later. Call it an "edgy joke discord" all you want but someone on Hippie literally stated "Let's apop Citrus or another headmin". I don't care if that's an edgy joke or not. When I hear that I'm not thinking "oh haha someone is joking about doxxing me". If it was found out this was partially over sawrge he could certainly be at danger of the original threat.
It's fucking pathetic how people do this shit over a 2d game. It's even more pathetic how this has to factor into punishing someone or not because Lord Dickface may fuck over the lives of other people. If what someone did is truly illegal then just contact the fucking authorities.
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #423313

awesine wrote:
edit: also isn't sawrge only like 15 shouldn't they be banned
arent you 15?
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #423314

How old is 15 in dog years to human years Nilons. answer me this
► Show Spoiler
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #423317

Shadowflame909 wrote:How old is 15 in dog years to human years Nilons. answer me this
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #423319

Thank you for your time
► Show Spoiler
CreationPro
Byond Username: Solar Marine

Post by CreationPro » #423322

BeeSting12 wrote:Theres no 30th month of the year. You posted this on June 30th, so it would be 6/30. Youre welcome for fixing the typo <3
Depends on where you're from.
US date format : mm/dd/yyyy
The sensible rest of the world: dd/mm/yyyy
awesine wrote: edit: also isn't sawrge only like 15 shouldn't they be banned
Sawrge has been 15 for as long as I've known him. The guy's an anomaly, he doesn't age.

As for the situation at hand, I think everyone fucked up a little but nothing a few "sorry I fucked up lmao"s can't fix, right?
In the end, no one got doxxed and I hope a few lessons were learned like "wew Ausops chill, don't ban people 4 months after an incident lol" and "Goofball don't be such a goofball lol" :heart:
terranaut wrote:Scared? My stand 「CLOWN WORLD」 and it's 「FUNNY COMPANY」will defeat your weak stand in moments.
Terry the Moth, Melody Jean the roboticist and S.O.L. the cyborg.
I will not change my avatar but if I did I'd have this good KVADRATNIY boy.
Spoiler:
IkeTG wrote:love is okay
CreationPro wrote: i love you
IkeTG wrote:love is no longer okay
Old quotes and stuff
Spoiler:
obscolene wrote:I super glued my PC case shut please don't ask why.
<Pretendo> well Ia ksed in banbus
<AurxSS13> IA KSED! IA KSED! THE BLACK TYPO WITH A THOUSAND ERRORS!

<scaredofshadows> I randomly take buttons away from people
<scaredofshadows> because I am now rogue
<hornygranny> host is rouge
<Ikarrus> blow the admins
trytryagain66 wrote: I accidently axed a guy said I was sorry to him, then he punched me so I axed his head off.
Hibbles wrote:Man, I love CP. I wish we had more CP on the server.
Antonkr wrote:<antonkr> tfw you will never lick hg|works delicious sexy mustache
<antonkr> ;_;
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #423325

CreationPro wrote: As for the situation at hand, I think everyone fucked up a little but nothing a few "sorry I fucked up lmao"s can't fix, right?
In the end, no one got doxxed and I hope a few lessons were learned like "wew Ausops chill, don't ban people 4 months after an incident lol" and "Goofball don't be such a goofball lol" :heart:
This is the loveliest solution. G00F apologize for joking about "doxing" Also Ausops u apologize 2. U hab lost many trusts in the non-admin part of the community
► Show Spoiler
Qbmax32
Byond Username: Qbmax32
Github Username: qbmax32

Post by Qbmax32 » #423375

“Sawrge is 15” is honestly the best meme of our time
my admin feedback thread

quotes
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:02 am Qbmax32 is quite literally one of the dumbest individuals I have ever had the misfortune of coming into contact with. He has zero redeemable traits, and honestly I have to suppress my gag reflex every time he shows up in a conversation.
Malkraz wrote:YES
DRINK THE PISS QB
angelstarri wrote:qbmax is a retard
imsxz wrote:mythic please stop you’ve hit rock bottom and you KEEP DIGGING
deedubya wrote:I'll defend to the death your right to scream "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" on a constant basis, but I'll also equally defend the right of people to call you a fuckin' pillock for doing it.
datorangebottle wrote:what, not having to act like customer service in a volunteer customer service position?

Here's a rebuttal: you're literally in a customer service slash celebrity position. Volunteer or not.
Malkraz wrote:can you stop posting this shit
Nalzul wrote:Fuck Blob (can you imagine how hot it would be to be gangbanged by a bunch of blobbernauts, the blob, and spores)
Wyzack wrote:qbmax your pathetic display of abhorrent burgercraft has brought shame onto the omnivores
Plapatin wrote:i AM the senate
BONERMASTER wrote:I am a big thinker, and it would only be logical if my character had a big head as well. And glasses. Because only people that think, wear glasses.
feem wrote:i tried to send canisters of urine to the station but ended up turning all oxygen into urine and breaking lavaland and also breathing
Anonmare wrote:Each post in this thread can't settle on what it wants to be, but yet, each one is more cursed than the last.
Beesting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.
Vile Beggar wrote:i don't like this thread
imsxz wrote:nervore
FantasticFwoosh wrote:I will whisper sweet nothings that will confuse and perhaps scare you a little, but enhance the experience no-less.
afelinidisfinetoo wrote:By the way, the person who posted that catgirl porn on the github page was me. If anyone wants my private stash just PM me
Nervere wrote:Anything for a femoid.....
Qbopper wrote:I'm a dumb poopy butthead
CitrusGender wrote:god i love it when people feed me my own fried legs
Barre
Byond Username: Barreli
Github Username: BestName

Post by Barre » #423389

The fuck kinda retarded garbage are you spewing? Sawrge's been around for at least 6 years. Are you telling me he started playing when he was 9?
FrozenGuy5
Github User
Byond Username: FrozenGuy5
Github Username: praisenarsie

Post by FrozenGuy5 » #423391

Barre wrote:
The fuck kinda retarded garbage are you spewing? Sawrge's been around for at least 6 years. Are you telling me he started playing when he was 9?
Image yes? sawrge actually has 140iq
ййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййй shitty fucking signatures
Ayy Lemoh

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #423392

FrozenGuy5 wrote:yes? sawrge actually has 140iq
he did it all for free at the age of 9 when he's smarter than all of us combined rip what a hero
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #423533

awesine wrote:
Nilons wrote:
awesine wrote:
arent you 15?
no
arent you perma banned lol
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #423849

Qbmax32 wrote:“Sawrge is 15” is honestly the best meme of our time
I remember I pmed a headmin about it back in the day.
FrozenGuy5
Github User
Byond Username: FrozenGuy5
Github Username: praisenarsie

Post by FrozenGuy5 » #423902

BeeSting12 wrote:
awesine wrote:
Nilons wrote:
awesine wrote:
arent you 15?
no
arent you perma banned lol
he is and he's banned from other communities like goon and hippie.
ййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййй shitty fucking signatures
ZeWaka
Byond Username: Zewaka

Post by ZeWaka » #423959

FrozenGuy5 wrote: he is and he's banned from other communities like goon and hippie.
Just to clarify, they're no longer banned on Goonstation.
Goonstation Dev :mrgreen:
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #423965

swarge or goof?
Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #423968

They're talking about awesine, oranges.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Ayy Lemoh

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #423970

oranges wrote:swarge or goof?
>about to reply to oranges that he is referring to awesine
>pc shows up a screen
>"eat shit and die we have detected a problem so we restarted have a bad day and literally fuck yourself"
>wonder why oranges casted a black magic spell on me as he clearly caused my pc to restart
>finish this post
>"they're talking about awesine, oranges" - rustledjimmy
>realize rustledjimm casted black magic just so he could get the digg points before I could

edit: realized that something may have been a bit too dark so I toned it down. Still what I imagine whenever my PC is fucking autistic, though.
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #424037

what in the hyeck
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
Shezza
Byond Username: Wilchen

Post by Shezza » #424051

include my post in the digg post
Thanks for all the dopamine.

You (cough), you haven't won here. You and your mutie-bastard friends are gonna join me in a big ol' mushroom cloud sendoff. I just triggered the self-destruct. (Heh, heh; cough, cough,...) The work will go on. You didn't do nothing here, 'cept seal your own death warrants. Duty, (cough) honor... courage... Semper Fiiiii........
Iatots

Post by Iatots » #424052

Everything past beestings first post belongs in the trash.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #424151

Shezza wrote:include my post in the digg post
make sure to include their entire signature
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #424507

headmins brought us ocean man so they're good
► Show Spoiler
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #426364

2d spaceman game
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #426384

paprika wrote:2d spaceman game
hi
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Iatots

Post by Iatots » #426473

Back! back to the abyss!
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #426476

COME Back please
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #446009

captain sawrge wrote:suk ma dam dick n balls goof
This edit done on the 9th of this month, while funny, contained important information relevant to the incident and is needed in the event of any future admins, head admins, or hosts for the server needing to cross-reference this thread for his take on the issue. While the edit in relations to the catpeople memes is hillarious, this is pretty important for people needing to cross-reference the situation if they intend to make a ruling on this matter or related matter.

Could an administrator please revert the edit or at least append the original pre-meme post to the post?