Events...

Users can post replies, but only game admins, mods, and forum admins may post topics. Mainly for questions and official discussions
MrGlasses

Events...

Post by MrGlasses » #40674

What events do you like?
What events do you dislike?
What events do you want to see more of?
What events do you want to see less of?

Events generally effect many players and characters, or even the entire station, such as Nations or Aliens.

*If your post is changed or removed, it's most likely me doing so.
Septavius

Re: Events...

Post by Septavius » #40676

alien events are bretty gud.

nations is shit.
Aurx
Byond Username: Aurx

Post by Aurx » #40677

What events do you like
Those that force ARR PEE in order to participate.
Those that stem from the going-ons of the natural round in progress.
Those that display some obscure varedit or button trick.
Those that only involve people who come to the event, instead of the event going to the players.
Those that react organically to player action.
what events don't you like
Those that involve much combat.
Those that promote validthink.
Those that forcefully drag in players who attempt to disengage themselves.
Those where the initially desired conclusion is forced through.
Those that are the sole factor of the round.
Head admin, /vg/station
Game admin, /tg/station
POMF FOR HEADMIN
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #40699

Good:

- Events with storylines.
- Events that require the entire crew to cooperate.
- Mini-events, like giving traitors custom objectives or starting the thunderdome
- Basically anything that breaks up the monotony of rounds in a creative and fun way

Bad:

- Events that take many players out of the round or otherwise ruin many players' rounds.
-- Especially if those players cannot opt-out
-- Double-especially if it is a glorified way for a few players to griff or be the target of griffing, this should be grounds for an admin complaint
- Unfinished events.
- The general perception that button-pushing and frequent events = automatically bad.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
LNGLY
Byond Username: LNGLY

Post by LNGLY » #40704

If you mean random events, ones that actually have some noticeable affect are good. Pyroclastic/gravitational anomalies basically do nothing. Alien/space ninja events are appreciated, but it would be good if they had a higher chance of occurring when all/most antags are dead, to add something interesting to the round rather than overload it.

Space vines is a good event.
Kavaloosh

Post by Kavaloosh » #40709

good
-events where everyone dies

bad
-events where everyone lives and there was never any danger in the first place it was all a dream i tricked you

*Be a bit more specific, or serious
-Mr. Glasses
Last edited by MrGlasses on Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Be a bit more specific, or serious
Confront them with annihilation, and they will then survive; plunge them into a deadly situation, and they will then live. When people fall into danger, they are then able to strive for victory.
mrpain
Byond Username: Mrpain666

Post by mrpain » #40726

HBL did a really fun one some time back where Syndicate "traders" were tasked with obtaining certain items. We were given our own custom shuttle, which was anchored to the Derelict, and we had a teleporter spawned in for us. The station and the syndicate ended up raiding each other several times, and eventually we just ended up bombarding them with bluespace artillery before the shuttle got called. Shit was cash. I wish that were a game mode.
/vg/station Head Admin
Durkel
Byond Username: Durkel

Post by Durkel » #40750

mrpain wrote:HBL did a really fun one some time back where Syndicate "traders" were tasked with obtaining certain items. We were given our own custom shuttle, which was anchored to the Derelict, and we had a teleporter spawned in for us. The station and the syndicate ended up raiding each other several times, and eventually we just ended up bombarding them with bluespace artillery before the shuttle got called. Shit was cash. I wish that were a game mode.

That "event" was total shit for the entire station and made a lot of people miserable. A good event will respond to what player actions occur. Don't go in with a rigid plan and then just give up when it doesn't go your way. Try to keep events localized and to a fewer number of people. It's much easier to work with 5-10 people on a station then sixty. Events that try to include everyone usually end up being nothing more then a all out death match. The biggest thing you need to do is to think about what you're trying to do, just don't roll your face across the keyboard, spawn aliens, or nuclear operatives with some gimmick and call it a event.
Sierra Welbe says, "Tim Ebow fucking threw soap everywhere near the HoP office, like I mean 20 fucking goddamn bars AND I CAN'T STOP SLIPPING"
mrpain
Byond Username: Mrpain666

Post by mrpain » #40770

Durkel wrote:
mrpain wrote:HBL did a really fun one some time back where Syndicate "traders" were tasked with obtaining certain items. We were given our own custom shuttle, which was anchored to the Derelict, and we had a teleporter spawned in for us. The station and the syndicate ended up raiding each other several times, and eventually we just ended up bombarding them with bluespace artillery before the shuttle got called. Shit was cash. I wish that were a game mode.

That "event" was total shit for the entire station and made a lot of people miserable. A good event will respond to what player actions occur. Don't go in with a rigid plan and then just give up when it doesn't go your way. Try to keep events localized and to a fewer number of people. It's much easier to work with 5-10 people on a station then sixty. Events that try to include everyone usually end up being nothing more then a all out death match. The biggest thing you need to do is to think about what you're trying to do, just don't roll your face across the keyboard, spawn aliens, or nuclear operatives with some gimmick and call it a event.
Now that you mention it, it was probably only fun for us. The Bluespace cannons were probably overkill.
/vg/station Head Admin
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #40815

As someone who observed that round, and listened to deadchat of those who died in the bluespace artillery, I do believe more people appreciated that event than didn't. I think that event however was mostly reliant on the captain being competent (can't remember who it was, shout out to them though) and roleplaying the panic of it so well and organizing the rest of the crew.
EmGee
Byond Username: EmGee

Post by EmGee » #40849

I like:
Events that don't ruin anyone's round.
Well thought-out events that engourage ER PEE.
Spontaneous events done by admins, adding to the ongoing ER PEE in the server.
Gimmicky and absurd, but yet FUN events that genuinely add something to the round.
Nations.

I dislike:
Adminbus, overly admin interference. Spiders, Ommnitraitors and bluespace artillery.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #40917

A couple good:
-Events in new, interesting locations
-Events on Badger, we don't get nearly as many
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

Spacemanspark
Byond Username: Spacemanspark

Post by Spacemanspark » #41801

I remember the event that once happened on Artyom where we had to invade CentComm and destroy the RNG. Then the admins rebooted the server. The event as a whole took at least an hour, and it was pretty damn fun, fighting mobs, healing each other, and solving a few small puzzles along the way. The chaos was great, for once.

We need more events like this.
:^)
MrGlasses

Post by MrGlasses » #41829

Thanks for the feedback and ideas guys. I'm not sure about the other admins, but this has given me a better idea of what some of the players want to see more of, and I'll try and run more of the events suggested and stated here, and less of the other ones.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #43563

I am pleased with most events. Other than mutation increased space vines. With enough mutations they are pretty much unfightable and the station dies a slow death to thick scythe immune vines creeping all over. Like meteors but in slow motion.
MrGlasses

Post by MrGlasses » #43841

Incomptinence wrote:I am pleased with most events. Other than mutation increased space vines. With enough mutations they are pretty much unfightable and the station dies a slow death to thick scythe immune vines creeping all over. Like meteors but in slow motion.
Those are random and not admin spawned. At least I hope one wouldn't spawn them, they're a pain in the ass to get rid of.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #43861

Ah my mistake. Well worth getting out that an admin really REALLY should not use them anyway.
ErikHanson

Post by ErikHanson » #44683

More 'wish and you'll get it' events please.
-- Administrator private message --
Admin PM from-Ikarrus: The fuck did you do to the arcade
fleure
Byond Username: Fleure

Post by fleure » #44685

I don't like events that just spawn all kinds of stupid shit right at the start of the round. I think facerolling the fun buttons is only really okay when a round has dragged on for an hour or so and it's clear the antags won't or aren't capable of doing anything severe.

Imaginative/heavy RP events are great. I remember a great round on Meta a long while back involving two groups of characters, one trying to start some kind of techno-cult and summoning an AI god, and the other trying to stop them. The only problem is it only really involved a third of the server, if that, the rest just experienced a fairly long and dry extended round becasue they had no idea it was going on. Until a reskinned AI Nar'Sie showed up, at least.
Ex-/tg/station maintainer for being a lazy shit.
youngbuckliontiger

Event Ideas Suggestion

Post by youngbuckliontiger » #44852

Post any ideas for events that Admins should host.
Player name: Rob Ust
Lets have fun in SS13!
I don't play anymore though.
snayr

Re: Event Ideas Suggestion

Post by snayr » #44855

Honkpocalypse: Clown Army invades the station and claims it for Clown Planet. Any who oppose their rule are brutally honked to near-death, the only hope for the station is the mime, the clown's greatest foe. Over the course of the shift the Mime must gather silent rebels to fight the Honkcupation. Clowns win if they kill the Mime, Mime wins if he kills General Honk (original clown)

The Grey Horde: An message comes to the communication console, "bzzt...the grey horde...they're coming.." It is unknown what this means, but there start to be an alarmingly high number of assistants on the station. They are also dressed in bizarre clothing such as bearskin pelts and gladiator helmets. The command crew just ignore it as another strange shift, but something horrifying happens. An assistant with great leadership skills appears, his name is Greyghis Khan and he unites the assistants into an army. All the departments slowly fall to his military brilliance and the last bastion of hope is Briggsia. Although they have an overwhelming advantage in weapons, will they be able to hold out until rescue comes from Centcom?

Democracystation 13: Due to complaints from the United Planets, Nanostraten has changed their policies. The station is now a democracy with freedom of speech, religion, right to protest, and other additional freedoms. Every 20 minutes there will be Captain elections with crew writing the person they want to vote for on a piece of paper and then submitting it at the voting station at the bar or other places. If crew are unhappy with the Captain then they can protest and get him impeached or even revolt if the situation is extreme. Captains can also choose to revert back to the dictatorship that the station had before, but once the crew has tasted democracy they are unwilling to give up. If reverting to a dictatorship be prepared for riots, Military coup d'état, or even foreign intervention from Centcom trying to protect their interests. Crew can also choose to form a legislation, but it is unlikely they will be listened to.
Last edited by snayr on Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
youngbuckliontiger

Post by youngbuckliontiger » #44856

Syndicate Station 13.

Everyone is syndicate except for 5 people. The syndicate must find and kill the non-syndicates that are aboard the station. Everyone gets syndicate uplink except for the 5 people. If one of the 5 people survives for 30 minutes then two groups of deathsquad arrives to destroy the syndicate station. The shuttle will be called automatically and cannot be recalled. The syndicate can win by stopping the deathsquad from blowing up the syndicate station.
Lets have fun in SS13!
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #44935

Democracy station sounds cool, but we all know that any elections past the first one are incredibly unlikely to happen. Especially not every 20 minutes.

Not to mention syndicate station sounds horribly unfun for the 5 people with no antag status and no was of defending themselves.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #44939

I am just going by what he said. 5 people would stand no chance against an entire crew with revolers, nightvision, a subverted AI and Ebows
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #44947

Bringing back an old idea, there's The Berlin Wall round.

An indestructible wall is placed straight down the middle of the station, continuing all the way to the edge of the Z-level. The only gap is in the bridge, and is a two-berth checkpoint. The station is otherwise left to its own devices.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #45012

Tourist round:
A bunch of dead players are respawned and sent to the station with cameras. They're given cameras and ian t-shirts and the objective to take pictures of all the station departments. One other player is made an centcomm official and given the task of taking the tourists on a tour of the station and explaining the different departments. One player is made an antag, with the objective to kill as many of the tourists as possible without killing the crew because fucking hell they can't stand tourists wandering around slack jawed and taking pictures of the station. If the crazed crewman kills a specific number of tourists or the tour guide a death HONK squad (death squad armed with banana peels, death squad armor, and bike horns as well as a couple of HONK mechs) is sent to "discipline" the crew and detonate the nuke.
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #45018

Actual SCP containment failure, random explosions on the ship, reduce the SCP population before the shuttle comes or station explodes
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
Donk Honk
Byond Username: LindsaysAwhore

Post by Donk Honk » #45049

Actual Haunting Round
Ghosts, lights, hallucinations, monsters appearing and disappearing, fake people. Just a general spooky round without needing for blood letting or over using changeling. Especially if there is a murder mystery element too it. Choosing someone to act as the guilty part, sending people mild thoughts about past regrets....wait that requires RP. Never mind

BLOOD ORGY
Blood everywhere, no RP, just good clean blood and grease everywhere
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #45370

I put this in traitor ideas but admins would probably be more able to pull it off: FIVE NIGHTS AT FREDDY'S.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #45412

bandit wrote:I put this in traitor ideas but admins would probably be more able to pull it off: FIVE NIGHTS AT FREDDY'S.
Did this on a bay server not long ago, with a twist that I was to fuck with people but NOT actually kill them. Stunning and cablecuffing people in maintenance wearing a chicken suit, then out comes a backpack of pizzas.
LET'S EAT
FrostFenex

Post by FrostFenex » #45533

I like building and survival events so here is my take:
I think a event where the crew must build a new station for centcom in a dangerous are would be fun the station could be anything from
coms to medical to military of course a shuttle to the area along with materials suits and tools would be provided.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #45535

That one event where the crew had to build their own escape shuttle and survive. Also the Orion Trail event.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

FredNodoor
Byond Username: Anonwizard404

Post by FredNodoor » #45602

Aliens are pretty fun
Revolution is shit

I would like to see more Alien rounds and also Cult rounds
But less Revs.
My only dream is a world without mimes
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #45626

AnonymousNow wrote:Bringing back an old idea, there's The Berlin Wall round.

An indestructible wall is placed straight down the middle of the station, continuing all the way to the edge of the Z-level. The only gap is in the bridge, and is a two-berth checkpoint. The station is otherwise left to its own devices.
I'd actually like to see this. HoP becomes border control with sec becoming border guards trying to stop break ins/outs. Maybe there could be a couple of other places were there are R-Walls to allow potential for people to break through.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
deathhoof

Post by deathhoof » #45735

How about a grey goo round where every drone has syndrone lawset and is tasked with replacing the entire crew with drones?
youngbuckliontiger

Post by youngbuckliontiger » #45736

deathhoof wrote:How about a grey goo round where every drone has syndrone lawset and is tasked with replacing the entire crew with drones?
That is a brilliant idea.
We should totally have an event like that, but how would drones turn humans into drones? would it be like monkey mode or something?
Lets have fun in SS13!
JStheguy
Byond Username: JStheguy

Post by JStheguy » #45817

youngbuckliontiger wrote:
deathhoof wrote:How about a grey goo round where every drone has syndrone lawset and is tasked with replacing the entire crew with drones?
We should totally have an event like that, but how would drones turn humans into drones? would it be like monkey mode or something?
Give drones the ability to build drones with glass and metal, as well as the ability to turn carbon-based life forms into more metal and glass.
deathhoof

Post by deathhoof » #46610

JStheguy wrote:
youngbuckliontiger wrote:
Give drones the ability to build drones with glass and metal, as well as the ability to turn carbon-based life forms into more metal and glass.
Or you know, give them robotics machine and they can just print new drones from metal. In this case though, drones should be an available resource from roundstart, and as such there needs to be a confidential report printed from centcom at round start, similar to how one is printed at roundstart for bleb.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #46752

Aurx wrote:
What events do you like
Those that force ARR PEE in order to participate.
Those that stem from the going-ons of the natural round in progress.
Those that display some obscure varedit or button trick.
Those that only involve people who come to the event, instead of the event going to the players.
Those that react organically to player action.
what events don't you like
Those that involve much combat.
Those that promote validthink.
Those that forcefully drag in players who attempt to disengage themselves.
Those where the initially desired conclusion is forced through.
Those that are the sole factor of the round.
Seconded 100%. I've seen some pretty goddamn fun events in the vein of those that encourage RP and have optional participation.

But then I've also seen some pretty horrid ones that typically involve button mashing and me closing the shutters to my department and trying to get my work done anyways.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #46768

Next year I am going to do a Black Friday Sale event.
Scones

Post by Scones » #46780

Berlin Wall sounds really entertaining. Would it separate the station on a horizontal or vertical level? Given the nature of box station, a vertical split would be pretty interesting in the sense of "This stuff is on that side" and adds a need for constant travel across the wall due to Medbay being only on one side. Conversely, I'd love to see the crew try to make up for it by creating a makeshift Medbay via cargo or spare parts from Tech Storage.

If the entire Security force becomes border-guard, you could also turn it into a social experiment where while they are not only needed to maintain the one or two checkpoints, but also to provide Security to only one side - Maybe the side with Medbay/R&D on it (I'm envisioning the split being right down from where the comms console on Bridge is, with checkpoints being in the hallways above and below) becomes a recognizable 'upper class'. See how long it takes for the left side of the station to decide that they're done with unfair treatment and make motions to destroy the checkpoints and overthrow All-Access Man and his wall-watchers.

Anyways, I'd like to see the RP it generates wherein people try to convince whoever is manning the checkpoints that they have valid need to do so, and that it is not to smuggle bombs across.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #47626

QuartzCrystal wrote:Next year I am going to do a Black Friday Sale event.
This...

On of my favourite rounds to date was the round where Ian was asked to be shipped off somewhere. It was such a simple request that spiralled into a full blown PETA squad coming aboard the station to protect Ian against Cent Comm officials and a wizard. Even the station managed to pull it together to try and save Ian. It naturally unfolded so well and was more based around the reaction of the crew to being forced to give up Ian.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Ahammer18
Byond Username: Ahammer18

Post by Ahammer18 » #48414

I believe it was a HBL event, the one where the station had to build its own escape shuttle, and it was a really rough ride back to centcomm. That was really fun, scrambling around to get to a safe part of the makeshift shuttle.
I'm a boy.
Global Moderator
Game Admin
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #48416

Ahammer18 wrote:I believe it was a HBL event, the one where the station had to build its own escape shuttle, and it was a really rough ride back to centcomm. That was really fun, scrambling around to get to a safe part of the makeshift shuttle.
If you're talking about this one, that was Sticky. http://i.imgur.com/9jD3gJW.png
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
whodaloo
Byond Username: Whodaloo

Post by whodaloo » #48448

Saegrimr wrote:
Ahammer18 wrote:I believe it was a HBL event, the one where the station had to build its own escape shuttle, and it was a really rough ride back to centcomm. That was really fun, scrambling around to get to a safe part of the makeshift shuttle.
If you're talking about this one, that was Sticky. http://i.imgur.com/9jD3gJW.png
This event was dope. The events that require crew co-operation are my favorite.
i love public logs
Spoiler:
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : Beacuse
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : ((im banned))

SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Hos
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Can i bang you]
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : ]plras
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : R; I WROTE THIS SOMG FOR YOU HOS

SAY: Bryce Pax/IcePacks : I THINK I WAS A LITTLE HASTY IN GIVING THE CREW ACCESS TO THE ARMORY

Lusty Xenomorph Maid begins to clean the telescopic baton with the soap...

[Common] Garrett Larson says, "How do i shot pod"

OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : WHodaloo, why are you so fucking aggressive against me
OOC: Engineer Donkin/Whodaloo : i have no idea what you're talking about chief
OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : Cuck sucking dick wanking piece of cock shit head
dezzmont
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #48862

Events that are hands off are good on larger stations. Stuff like creating a unique type of antag, or mixing antags in a novel way is good, as the fun of SS13 is player driven. Also good are really screwball events that end quickly. Turning everyone into a wizard or hitting highlander works as a good 15 minute intermission, not as the main show.

Bad events are much easier to do:
"I am just gunna push these buttons over and over" is bad.
Stuff that completely and utterly takes over the round, locking absolutely everything down, is bad. Floor=lava is full out cancer mode, don't ever do that.
Events primarily focused around the admin's participation. An event shouldn't ever be about you, they are not there for your entertainment.
Scones

Post by Scones » #49806

I think a really good example of an event that meets the criteria of being self-involving, rp-encouraging, and containing minimal button presses was the downed Pilot thing that happened about a week(?) ago.
It started pretty simply with a CentComm message saying that a test pilot had crash-landed and we needed to rescue them via Telescience. The guys running Tsci were obviously interested, and so was the Captain and myself, a borg. This later on developed into a moral conundrum when Central Command sends a classified report saying they needed to be removed and erased without trace. The heads of staff, assorted crewmen, and silicons all argued over the fate of the pilot in some pretty interesting bouts of RP (Silicons were Paladin - Half of us claimed erasure was an evil act, other half thought it was not but is an order from legitimate authority).

It was pretty cool. Captain tried to smuggle the pilot off but then random/miner xenos ruined the whole thing

Aside from the shitty ending, I want to see more events like this: It was really fun trying to convince the heads of staff not to kill her, while not knowing the Captain's personal motives the whole time. Smallish RP events are good, especially when they ensure only interested parties get themselves involved.
youngbuckliontiger

Post by youngbuckliontiger » #49889

My only wish was that the centcomm didn't tell the coordinates of the pilot but just the z-level where the pilot is at. It woulda been more fun searching that z-level for the pilot instead of telescience knowing the coordinates and just beep boopity poppin the pilot into the station.
Lets have fun in SS13!
Subtle
Byond Username: SubtleGraces

Post by Subtle » #49917

Oh I remember that! Excellently crafted; was awesome to see everyone rush over to telesci and become vested in the pilot's fate. Thumbs up for what it's worth!

Sadly if you're not too specific about where exactly the players are supposed to go they either end up never leaving the station or wandering aimlessly in space for thirty minutes. That's never fun, believe me, I've run a thousand "SECRET STUFF/TEMPLE/CAPTAIN'S NUDES HIDDEN HERE WITH CLUES" sort of 'events' and 89% of the time nobody cares after a cursory glance fails to deliver the necessary info.

Handing out the coordinates is definitely the lesser of two evils.
Scones

Post by Scones » #49968

youngbuckliontiger wrote:My only wish was that the centcomm didn't tell the coordinates of the pilot but just the z-level where the pilot is at. It woulda been more fun searching that z-level for the pilot instead of telescience knowing the coordinates and just beep boopity poppin the pilot into the station.
ICly, the idea was that we would recover them because of our 'advanced' telescience facilities - In general, walking them home through z-levels would be pretty dumb because what's to stop them from floating to the next passing ship or whatever

Anyways, we need more events like that. The pilot didn't even say too much: They let the crew play it out, and it was really goddamn fun. (Not sure what my AI was thinking, in retrospect. That's clearly an evil act.)