Page 1 of 2

Trialmin review: Mr. Alphonzo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:57 am
by CitrusGender
Mr. Alphonzo has now been in the .txt as a Trial Admin for roughly two months.

Please use this thread as public review; it's encouraged for players to comment on how well/badly the trial admin has done and whether or not they think the trial admin should be made a full admin, if they should be removed from the .txt or if their promotion should be delayed.

Re: Trialmin review: Mr. Alphonzo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:57 am
by oranges
WE LIVE IN A SOCIETY GAMERS RISE UP BOTTOM TEXT

Re: Trialmin review: Mr. Alphonzo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:58 am
by Shark-sie
Who? Not a very impactful name, dont know who he is. But i guess thats also a good thing

Re: Trialmin review: Mr. Alphonzo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:13 am
by MrDoomBringer
Good trialmin. They've answered some of my ahelps with quick responses and a generally great demeanor.

While not strictly related to adminning, I've asked for his opinions about coding admin tools for spess, and he in turn has asked some questions about general byond coding; all throughout he's come across as nothing short of a genuinely cheerful and positive guy.

Re: Trialmin review: Mr. Alphonzo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:17 am
by oranges
wanted haku community banned for hanging out in voice chat too much, not sure they have the judgement required.

Re: Trialmin review: Mr. Alphonzo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:34 am
by D&B
Genuinely shit music taste and spamming

Re: Trialmin review: Mr. Alphonzo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:57 am
by angelstarri
stop spamming the link to your shitty trialmin review in OOC

Re: Trialmin review: Mr. Alphonzo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:01 am
by High Impact Dolphin
seems like a fine admin, responsive and respectful, knows the game. kind of generic though, beesides his beelligerent jazz playage

Re: Trialmin review: Mr. Alphonzo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:38 am
by SpaceInaba
hes ok

Re: Trialmin review: Mr. Alphonzo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:02 am
by Hulkamania
I like alphonzo. I had an issue with an admin once who refused to help me and left the server with my ticket open. alphonzo helped me out and apologized for them. Also I like bee memes. Never had a problem with him.

Re: Trialmin review: Mr. Alphonzo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:02 am
by Boris
Sometimes plays GOOD midis, only sometimes.

Re: Trialmin review: Mr. Alphonzo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:56 am
by Arianya
I get lumped in with him and it hurts.

Make him a Game Admin so I can lump someone in with him and SHOW THEM HOW IT FEELS.

Re: Trialmin review: Mr. Alphonzo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:02 am
by Naksu
Arianya wrote:Make him a Game Admin


You should avoid posting in your own review thread

Re: Trialmin review: Mr. Alphonzo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:58 am
by Qbmax32
Bretty gud but shit music

Re: Trialmin review: Mr. Alphonzo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:01 pm
by Stickymayhem
I'd say demote. There's a line between laid-back and disrespectful that alphonzo crosses frequently. He doesn't take on feedback, from anyone, despite pissing people off with bad music and bad bans.

I have no problem with him as a person, I think he's fun, but the team has changed and improved since he left, and he's shown no willingness to improve with it.

Edit: I can expand with examples later if anyone cares, but I think you get the idea

Re: Trialmin review: Mr. Alphonzo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:18 pm
by BeeSting12
I frequently see shit midis from him. Occasionally he'll play a good one, but a thousand monkeys in a room with a type writer will also write a good book eventually. This isn't meme feedback either, you shouldn't be playing multiple sounds every round

Re: Trialmin review: Mr. Alphonzo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:50 pm
by Nilons
He seems a lot more bitter since returning but is for the most part still a goodmin

Re: Trialmin review: Mr. Alphonzo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:26 pm
by Lazengann
Seems to me in adminbus he's pretty meanspirited. He acts like he's above other people, and he treats ban appeals against him like they're causing him serious physical injury, complaining about them multiple times a day until they're closed. He doesn't handle criticism well and when he gets in a dispute it's like his goal is to make his opponent look bad and "win" the argument instead of having a discussion in good faith. In game I've seen him be aggressive and accusatory in tickets, but I don't have a quote or round ID to give you so feel free to disregard that statement.

Players on sybil seem to like him despite his horrible songs so maybe he's fine in game and he's only this way behind the scenes. Wanting to community ban someone for being in voice chat too often wasn't very endearing.

Re: Trialmin review: Mr. Alphonzo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:15 pm
by subject217
I wholeheartedly agree with everything Sticky & Laz posted. In fact, I agree so much I'm going to make you read it again.
Stickymayhem wrote:I'd say demote. There's a line between laid-back and disrespectful that alphonzo crosses frequently. He doesn't take on feedback, from anyone, despite pissing people off with bad music and bad bans.

I have no problem with him as a person, I think he's fun, but the team has changed and improved since he left, and he's shown no willingness to improve with it.

Edit: I can expand with examples later if anyone cares, but I think you get the idea
Lazengann wrote:Seems to me in adminbus he's pretty meanspirited. He acts like he's above other people, and he treats ban appeals against him like they're causing him serious physical injury, complaining about them multiple times a day until they're closed. He doesn't handle criticism well and when he gets in a dispute it's like his goal is to make his opponent look bad and "win" the argument instead of having a discussion in good faith. In game I've seen him be aggressive and accusatory in tickets, but I don't have a quote or round ID to give you so feel free to disregard that statement.

Players on sybil seem to like him despite his horrible songs so maybe he's fine in game and he's only this way behind the scenes. Wanting to community ban someone for being in voice chat too often wasn't very endearing.


Re: Behavior in adminbus. I'm convinced that Alphonzo thinks ban appeals are a competition and he has to appear right. Same thing for any feedback on admin conduct ever given to him. He will constantly make it very clear when he feels that he was right about something in the past, the word for it would be smugness. He also just generally sometimes acts like an asshole, I have no other way to describe it, and if you ask him to stop doing that he'll just tell you to fuck off.

Re: Behavior ingame. It seems to me that he's a bit on the ban-happy side of adminning, versus actually trying to solve problems or curb player behavior. It probably wouldn't be the end of the world if he didn't respond to honest feedback with insults. He also used to midi spam, as far as I have seen he does not play as many now, which is the one singular case in which I have seen him actually respond to the overwhelmingly negative response that got him.

Over all, I don't believe he's a very good admin, and should not be promoted. I also don't believe that extending his trial would serve any benefit. He's not new, it's just how he is.

Re: Trialmin review: Mr. Alphonzo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:09 pm
by wesoda25
Excellent, admin, I like him a lot. As I (used) to play bagil, I rarely encountered MrAlphonzo. I’ve interacted with him about 3 times, and each time he made my round WAY more fun.

I understand he is possibly abrasive in adminbus, and possibly he destroys roleplay with some of his memes. But hes a funmin, and shouldn’t be deadminned or anything harsh.

Re: Trialmin review: Mr. Alphonzo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:33 pm
by obscolene
Remove +SOUND and promote. I can even endure Kevinz's queuing up 5 different versions of 'Bloody Stream' and freezing my game for 20 seconds, but Alphonzo makes me turn off midis whenever I see him online.

Re: Trialmin review: Mr. Alphonzo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:47 pm
by MrAlphonzo
Please do not bully my +SOUND.
I heard your cries, I put the shitpost sounds in cold storage, rarely are they thawed.
I can't even remember the last time I played Ocean Man.
Now I am just a humble jazz and blues administrator.

I guess I made a rough first impression and everyone just mutes sounds before they can hear Alphonzo 2.0, Less Bees More Jazz edition.

subject217 wrote:He also used to midi spam, as far as I have seen he does not play as many now, which is the one singular case in which I have seen him actually respond to the overwhelmingly negative response that got him.


Even this guy admits it.

And this guy hates me.

angelstarri wrote:stop spamming the link to your shitty trialmin review in OOC


N-nani? I only linked it twice? The second time was meant for Sybil, too, but I was retarded and put it in the wrong window.

Re: Trialmin review: Mr. Alphonzo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:04 pm
by Cobby
Loved by sybil players, and with good reason.

Is a DM moreso than an Admin. That alone is worth volumes.

Re: Trialmin review: Mr. Alphonzo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:50 am
by Stickymayhem
Cobby wrote:Loved by sybil players, and with good reason.

Is a DM moreso than an Admin. That alone is worth volumes.


I haven't seen any decent events from him do you have any examples. Mostly it's just been disruptive low effort stuff rather than anything crafted.

Then again I don't hang out on Sybil so I might have missed his better works

Re: Trialmin review: Mr. Alphonzo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:59 pm
by Nabski
This dude needs to not have sound privileges.

Re: Trialmin review: Mr. Alphonzo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:01 am
by MrAlphonzo
Nabski wrote:This dude needs to not have sound privileges.


This is getting tiring.
Very tiring.

I've cut down on my shitposts, now its fitting music to a joke every now and again, at about a ratio of 100 to 1.
Sybil players can attest to this, especially, and if need be I will open the Statbus logs out of spite just to show everyone the extreme degree this has been exaggerated to.

This is outdated feedback based on a preconceived notion, you're yelling at a problem that doesn't exist anymore, and it's not helping anybody.

The fact that you tuned out everything I just said, because I played one, single joke sound (that wasn't even more than a minute long) heavily based on something that was actually happening in a round, is a disappointing generalization and a major lapse in judgement.

Re: Trialmin review: Mr. Alphonzo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:15 am
by Doctor Pork
Cobby wrote:Loved by sybil players, and with good reason.

Is a DM moreso than an Admin. That alone is worth volumes.

OCEAN MAN TAKE ME BY THE HAND

I like them. They're a good admin.

Re: Trialmin review: Mr. Alphonzo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:18 am
by angelstarri
a mralphonzo event

Image

Re: Trialmin review: Mr. Alphonzo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:23 am
by BeeSting12
Just ran a self described button mashing shitfest, during which he spawned a singularity, a gazillion guns and shit, made it a free for all, and I believe he pressed everyone is the traitor.

It was all based off of this vote:

Round Type
10 minute button spamming shitfest as a morale boost: 26
Leave us in peace: 14
Did not vote: 31

Thankfully it was only ten minutes but I see what Sticky was saying about shit events.

Re: Trialmin review: Mr. Alphonzo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:42 am
by MrAlphonzo
BeeSting12 wrote:Just ran a self described button mashing shitfest, during which he spawned a singularity, a gazillion guns and shit, made it a free for all, and I believe he pressed everyone is the traitor.

It was all based off of this vote:

Round Type
10 minute button spamming shitfest as a morale boost: 26
Leave us in peace: 14
Did not vote: 31

Thankfully it was only ten minutes but I see what Sticky was saying about shit events.



>"Hey guys want me to do a low effort 10 minute meme round on purpose"
>"Yeah sure"
>"on purpose"
>"Fuck you your events are shit"
>"ON PURPOSE"
>Literally as advertised

Yeah, okay, BeeSting.

I guess you could call that feedback.

And no, I did not press everyone is the traitor.

I pressed highlander 27 seconds before the round ended.

And it was ten minutes
because I said it would be ten minutes.
Not "thankfully".

Re: Trialmin review: Mr. Alphonzo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:49 am
by PKPenguin321
cathartic 10 minute chaos rounds are totally legit. i run a vote on whether or not to do them if the server crashes before a long and tedious round can end. gets the frustration out of your system. not a shit event at all if it's that kind of context

Re: Trialmin review: Mr. Alphonzo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:03 am
by MrAlphonzo
PKPenguin321 wrote:cathartic 10 minute chaos rounds are totally legit. i run a vote on whether or not to do them if the server crashes before a long and tedious round can end. gets the frustration out of your system. not a shit event at all if it's that kind of context


That is exactly what happened, same thought process as well.

Re: Trialmin review: Mr. Alphonzo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:36 am
by CreationPro
I'll pop in this thread to say that I wish I was there for that round, these are the best, if done in moderation. We used to call those "XSI rounds" back in the day, you whippersnappers. They would pop in out of the blue, fuck everything up in a glorious way and disappear into the horizon. And it was beautiful, condensed, SS13-flavored chaos. Giving Alphonzo shit for running one is a bit excessive, especially considering he even ran a vote first.

I'm sure a lot of players enjoy them, too. In fact, some time later I suggest you run one and do a poll to see what players thought about it.

Also,
NSFW:
Spoiler:
IT'S HIP TO FUCK BEES

Re: Trialmin review: Mr. Alphonzo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:25 am
by oranges
MrAlphonzo wrote:This is outdated feedback based on a preconceived notion, you're yelling at a problem that doesn't exist anymore, and it's not helping anybody.

You fuck one goat dude

Re: Trialmin review: Mr. Alphonzo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:32 am
by Stickymayhem
MrAlphonzo wrote:
BeeSting12 wrote:Just ran a self described button mashing shitfest, during which he spawned a singularity, a gazillion guns and shit, made it a free for all, and I believe he pressed everyone is the traitor.

It was all based off of this vote:

Round Type
10 minute button spamming shitfest as a morale boost: 26
Leave us in peace: 14
Did not vote: 31

Thankfully it was only ten minutes but I see what Sticky was saying about shit events.



>"Hey guys want me to do a low effort 10 minute meme round on purpose"
>"Yeah sure"
>"on purpose"
>"Fuck you your events are shit"
>"ON PURPOSE"
>Literally as advertised

Yeah, okay, BeeSting.

I guess you could call that feedback.

And no, I did not press everyone is the traitor.

I pressed highlander 27 seconds before the round ended.

And it was ten minutes
because I said it would be ten minutes.
Not "thankfully".


I think people would be way more inclined to believe you'd changed if you ever showed any contrition whatsoever instead of furiously arguing, showing no evidence you've agreed to change, and freaking out like this every time someone brought it up.

Whether or not you have changed your behaviour, pulling the reigns back on your ego enough to tell someone "Hey I took on that advice you gave me" makes a world of difference in the public perception of you.

It is ultimately your fault that everyone still thinks you haven't changed.

Re: Trialmin review: Mr. Alphonzo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:36 pm
by Cobby
Stickymayhem wrote:
Cobby wrote:Loved by sybil players, and with good reason.

Is a DM moreso than an Admin. That alone is worth volumes.


I haven't seen any decent events from him do you have any examples. Mostly it's just been disruptive low effort stuff rather than anything crafted.

Then again I don't hang out on Sybil so I might have missed his better works


Sorry i was hit and run posting

I haven’t seen him do large scale events but I’ve seen him do a few chaplain side-events where he typically edits an animal to be the avatar of the god, and those go well.

Re: Trialmin review: Mr. Alphonzo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:57 pm
by Stickymayhem
Cobby wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:
Cobby wrote:Loved by sybil players, and with good reason.

Is a DM moreso than an Admin. That alone is worth volumes.


I haven't seen any decent events from him do you have any examples. Mostly it's just been disruptive low effort stuff rather than anything crafted.

Then again I don't hang out on Sybil so I might have missed his better works


Sorry i was hit and run posting

I haven’t seen him do large scale events but I’ve seen him do a few chaplain side-events where he typically edits an animal to be the avatar of the god, and those go well.


I don't think that's really notable, especially since he did the same thing on DMCA with total disregard for the med-rp ruleset there, to rustle's great annoyance.

Re: Trialmin review: Mr. Alphonzo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:20 pm
by wesoda25
Sticky why are you allergic to low effort events?

I know this goes against everything you represent but I think a chill, spurr of the moment event that only effects a few people is better than a huge blowout event.

Different admins cater to different people and different play styles. Alphonzo is more oriented towards memey, goofy fun. Its no wonder why the playerbase loves him and yet admins like you and bee don’t.

You guys are grasping at straws to justify your hatred for him, as proved by this:
Stickymayhem wrote:
MrAlphonzo wrote:
BeeSting12 wrote:Just ran a self described button mashing shitfest, during which he spawned a singularity, a gazillion guns and shit, made it a free for all, and I believe he pressed everyone is the traitor.

It was all based off of this vote:

Round Type
10 minute button spamming shitfest as a morale boost: 26
Leave us in peace: 14
Did not vote: 31

Thankfully it was only ten minutes but I see what Sticky was saying about shit events.



>"Hey guys want me to do a low effort 10 minute meme round on purpose"
>"Yeah sure"
>"on purpose"
>"Fuck you your events are shit"
>"ON PURPOSE"
>Literally as advertised

Yeah, okay, BeeSting.

I guess you could call that feedback.

And no, I did not press everyone is the traitor.

I pressed highlander 27 seconds before the round ended.

And it was ten minutes
because I said it would be ten minutes.
Not "thankfully".


I think people would be way more inclined to believe you'd changed if you ever showed any contrition whatsoever instead of furiously arguing, showing no evidence you've agreed to change, and freaking out like this every time someone brought it up.

Whether or not you have changed your behaviour, pulling the reigns back on your ego enough to tell someone "Hey I took on that advice you gave me" makes a world of difference in the public perception of you.

It is ultimately your fault that everyone still thinks you haven't changed.

No wonder he gets mad, you bring up the same argument over and over again with 0 proof.

Re: Trialmin review: Mr. Alphonzo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:38 pm
by MrAlphonzo
I favor smaller events that do not affect rounds to a large degree, I rarely do something that would require setting the game mode and handholding those involved.

I prefer giving a player a gimmick, an idea of what to work off of, and helping them out along the way to do whatever they want to do without giving them a set list of instructions as that feels restrictive.

Most recently of which, was "The Count" from Sesame Street. A greyshirt made a vampire lair, and prayed to become an actual vampire. I obliged, but took it a little further than he expected. Instead of just making him a normal vampire, he became The Count. With his haunted piano companion, everybody had a good time.

This is not to say that I am incapable of doing something large scale. My Superhero vs. Supervillain gimmick, a few weeks back, went over quite well. Hostage situations, moustache twisting villain humor, etc. Despite the handholding that was needed at time to keep the players involved with the special roles not going too far off script, everybody had a good time.

Stickymayhem wrote:
I don't think that's really notable, especially since he did the same thing on DMCA with total disregard for the med-rp ruleset there, to rustle's great annoyance.


A god-parrot doing hilarious dramatic narration of everything he sees =/= A pet panther named "Admiral Panther", who doesn't even speak, that the fleet commander sent down as a morale boost. I even made a Command announcement, explaining his presence, rather than just dropping in "ha ha funny mem xxxxDDDDDD".

Just because most of my event's aren't 8 hours long, start at 3am, and crash an hour later, doesn't mean they're totally invalidated.

Ontop of this, Rustled's exact words were "You didn't really do anything wrong, try to avoid it in the future though."
Forgive me for thinking I could make such a minor joke when we still had Private First Class Chad Thundercock and Commander Loves-The-Lizards running around.

Stickymayhem wrote:I think people would be way more inclined to believe you'd changed if you ever showed any contrition whatsoever instead of furiously arguing, showing no evidence you've agreed to change, and freaking out like this every time someone brought it up.

Whether or not you have changed your behaviour, pulling the reigns back on your ego enough to tell someone "Hey I took on that advice you gave me" makes a world of difference in the public perception of you.

It is ultimately your fault that everyone still thinks you haven't changed.


Really now?

What does this look like to you?

Spoiler:
MrAlphonzo wrote:Please do not bully my +SOUND.
I heard your cries, I put the shitpost sounds in cold storage, rarely are they thawed.
I can't even remember the last time I played Ocean Man.
Now I am just a humble jazz and blues administrator.

I guess I made a rough first impression and everyone just mutes sounds before they can hear Alphonzo 2.0, Less Bees More Jazz edition.

subject217 wrote:He also used to midi spam, as far as I have seen he does not play as many now, which is the one singular case in which I have seen him actually respond to the overwhelmingly negative response that got him.


Even this guy admits it.

And this guy hates me.

Re: Trialmin review: Mr. Alphonzo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:40 pm
by Cobby
Stickymayhem wrote:
Cobby wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:
Cobby wrote:Loved by sybil players, and with good reason.

Is a DM moreso than an Admin. That alone is worth volumes.


I haven't seen any decent events from him do you have any examples. Mostly it's just been disruptive low effort stuff rather than anything crafted.

Then again I don't hang out on Sybil so I might have missed his better works


Sorry i was hit and run posting

I haven’t seen him do large scale events but I’ve seen him do a few chaplain side-events where he typically edits an animal to be the avatar of the god, and those go well.


I don't think that's really notable, especially since he did the same thing on DMCA with total disregard for the med-rp ruleset there, to rustle's great annoyance.



Or you could look at it as he was trying to replicate it there because the success it got on tg...

Re: Trialmin review: Mr. Alphonzo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:41 pm
by Stickymayhem
I do low effort events literally all the time. If anything I'm better known for the silly button pushing than the big shit. I've got far more examples of small scale shit that doesn't take over the round but, HINT, they're far less noticeable so you're not going to see them, especially with your attitude. If I know you hate events and will leave the server when you adminwho and see admins you don't like, why would I bring that shit near you?

I also don't think you actually read any of my posts. I brought up sounds as a small part of my complaints, based on multiple instances in the last month. If he's changed super recently and I'm not aware of it, that would be helped by the advice I gave.

Ironically you're the one warping everything to defend someone you like. None of us have personal issues with him.

Re: Trialmin review: Mr. Alphonzo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:47 pm
by Stickymayhem
Really now?

What does this look like to you?


Just because most of my event's aren't 8 hours long, start at 3am, and crash an hour later, doesn't mean they're totally invalidated.


Looks pretty much like what we've been saying.

I'm not inclined to totally believe in a dramatic change in the last 3 days of your trialmin period after things start looking a little dicey. I'm sure it can happen, but I can't help but think these changes could have come weeks ago when it was brought up, and not 5 minutes before a decision about you staying on is made.

Re: Trialmin review: Mr. Alphonzo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:55 pm
by Cobby
Why do you brag about your events being not noticeable then say that some events alphonzo has done aren’t worth anything because they’re not noticeable?

You asked for an example, got one, used a metric to say sorry doesn’t count, then proceeded to flip that very same metric to toot your horn. Not sure if you’re referring to myself regarding the warping but that’s crazy.

No wonder he’s constantly put on the defensive. People have their minds already made up regarding the matter.

I understand you guys don’t see eye to eye but there’s some things both of you do that actually would compound nicely together if you threw the swords to the side for a moment.

Re: Trialmin review: Mr. Alphonzo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:03 pm
by PKPenguin321
Stickymayhem wrote:
Really now?

What does this look like to you?


Just because most of my event's aren't 8 hours long, start at 3am, and crash an hour later, doesn't mean they're totally invalidated.


Looks pretty much like what we've been saying.

no, it looks hes reciprocating your snark back to you.
>hey bro youre a big faggot lol
>What the fuck? Why would you say that? Here's evidence to the contrary.
>hahaha u mad that means im right and ur a big fag after all!
Way to go sticky bravo

Re: Trialmin review: Mr. Alphonzo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:14 pm
by Stickymayhem
Why do you brag about your events being not noticeable then say that some events alphonzo has done aren’t worth anything because they’re not noticeable?


Notable. Different words man.

You asked for an example, got one, used a metric to say sorry doesn’t count, then proceeded to flip that very same metric to toot your horn. Not sure if you’re referring to myself regarding the warping but that’s crazy.


What metric, I wasn't even referring to you, reread the thread. I literally said "I personally haven't seen a decent event" and asked for examples. You gave me an example that I have specifically cited as disruptive and low-effort on DMCA. I'm sure it went better on Sybil, but I'm not being inconsistent in the slightest here.

Why do you brag about your events being not noticeable then say that some events alphonzo has done aren’t worth anything because they’re not noticeable?


What bragging? Wesoda likes alphonzo's events and hates mine. He claims I never do low-effort events, despite me literally having had a reputation as a button slammer for five years. I correct him, and offer an explanation as to why he may not have seen them (He's extremely vocal in OOC about logging off/observing every time I'm online because of my events, so why would I do any of the small scale ones for him? He clearly doesn't want it and that's fine).

He then says we're grasping at straws to justify hating him, and quotes a post where I offer the advice: "If you had been less angry and argumentative when people brought up criticisms, then people would believe you changed." My point being, even if you later take on that feedback, as he claims to have done, no one's lasting impression of that dumb adminbus fight is going to be "Well at least he's going to improve". You'll think the exact opposite, that he's stubbornly sticking to his guns.

Now that I'm done explaining the entire fucking thread can we improve the staggering lack of reading comprehension here.

Re: Trialmin review: Mr. Alphonzo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:19 pm
by Stickymayhem
PKPenguin321 wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:
Really now?

What does this look like to you?


Just because most of my event's aren't 8 hours long, start at 3am, and crash an hour later, doesn't mean they're totally invalidated.


Looks pretty much like what we've been saying.

no, it looks hes reciprocating your snark back to you.
>hey bro youre a big faggot lol
>What the fuck? Why would you say that? Here's evidence to the contrary.
>hahaha u mad that means im right and ur a big fag after all!
Way to go sticky bravo


He responds to fairly reasonable criticism of one event that's relevant to the conversation by bringing up my failures in his trialmin thread.

As I said, looks like what we've been talking about.

Re: Trialmin review: Mr. Alphonzo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:42 pm
by PKPenguin321
Except that in addition to bringing that up he also responded to your initial criticism of his ability to take feedback, which you're ignoring in favor of being offended

Re: Trialmin review: Mr. Alphonzo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:03 pm
by Stickymayhem
PKPenguin321 wrote:Except that in addition to bringing that up he also responded to your initial criticism of his ability to take feedback, which you're ignoring in favor of being offended


Not offended lol. My criticism was he doesn't take feedback well. He argued about it, fairly or not, and shit on my events at the same time, kind of proving me right in that respect.

this thread is going too deep

Re: Trialmin review: Mr. Alphonzo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:26 pm
by PKPenguin321
"My events are better than yours" isn't good admin feedback to begin with and he has every right to shit on you for it instead of just "taking the feedback well." Nothing against you sticky, but come on now. Cobby's post sums it up well

Re: Trialmin review: Mr. Alphonzo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:30 pm
by CreationPro
Stickymayhem wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:Except that in addition to bringing that up he also responded to your initial criticism of his ability to take feedback, which you're ignoring in favor of being offended


Not offended lol. My criticism was he doesn't take feedback well. He argued about it, fairly or not, and shit on my events at the same time, kind of proving me right in that respect.

this thread is going too deep

Not all criticism is good criticism, he's filtering it.
He took the music criticism well and took the memery down a notch. This event criticism seems a little overly strict and Alphonzo's very defensive. It doesn't help that Sticky's been guilty of facerolling on the admin panel in the past, either.