Regarding felinids/catpeople

Users can post replies, but only game admins, mods, and forum admins may post topics. Mainly for questions and official discussions
User avatar
Cobby
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:19 pm
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Post by Cobby » #447642

Bottom post of the previous page:

Ayy Lemoh wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:Almost like this is a feel-good do-nothing policy to try to half-ass things.
There's other ways to be a catperson without having the actual race or purrbation.

It'll always be a pushover if you're smart on how to get past the limit blocking catpeople if it's actually your favorite race and you really like playing as one. The only exception is banning EVERYTHING catperson related however that's just retarded.

It's like how I can still be a lavaland dwarf by putting together the fucking sprites for them while coloring them.
The closest thing post this PR would be kitty ears (without admins at least).

Luckily (?) most admins probably don't know how.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
User avatar
Shezza
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 6:54 pm
Byond Username: Wilchen
Reddit Username: TehAwesomeFrosty
Location: rent free
Contact:

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Post by Shezza » #447669

subject217 wrote:
Shezza wrote:The choice is simple, remove cats from sybil and enable them on bagil.

Catpeople haters can enjoy their echo chamber and both parties are happy
Cat haters play on Bagil. They won't go to Sybil. Disabling it on Sybil solves nothing except that it lets the headmins say they are doing something.
Historically cats were allways enabled on bagil.

If they feel so strong about catgirls they will move onto sybil.
Thanks for all the dopamine.

You (cough), you haven't won here. You and your mutie-bastard friends are gonna join me in a big ol' mushroom cloud sendoff. I just triggered the self-destruct. (Heh, heh; cough, cough,...) The work will go on. You didn't do nothing here, 'cept seal your own death warrants. Duty, (cough) honor... courage... Semper Fiiiii........
User avatar
Godzillan
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:41 am
Byond Username: Godzillan

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Post by Godzillan » #447723

Shezza wrote:
subject217 wrote:
Shezza wrote:The choice is simple, remove cats from sybil and enable them on bagil.

Catpeople haters can enjoy their echo chamber and both parties are happy
Cat haters play on Bagil. They won't go to Sybil. Disabling it on Sybil solves nothing except that it lets the headmins say they are doing something.
Historically cats were allways enabled on bagil.

If they feel so strong about catgirls they will move onto sybil.
More accurately speaking, historically speaking cats were disabled on the more popular, less RP type server, however since that's no longer the case with Sybil what's the point of disabling them there instead of on the more popular, less RP server where there's more dislike for cats?
I'd rather have cats removed, but since I only play on the current high player count server, I get nothing from having cats removed on the low player server I don't play. I also am not moving to Sybil just because the headmins said "if you guys don't like this so much just move somewhere else" because while I'd rather not have cats I'm not going to give myself a less enjoyable experience over it.

Also the shitty uninspired nature of catpeople has actually proved annoying several times especially when playing as the AI, where I can't examine people so when trying to assist someone being detained by a cat sec officer (who had no helmet so i couldn't tell if it was fake cat ears or not), the sec officer claimed "i'm not a cat", and how could I know at the time whether they were lying or not? Another time I had my borg ordered to get a rogue cat CMO, when my borg told me the CMO was wearing fake cat ears and wasn't actually a cat. Imagine having a species so shitty and unoriginal that just putting on a hat makes it unclear as to whether or not you are that species, imagine if it were like that for lizards or moths or flies, where you just put on a cosmetic item and suddenly you look indistinguishable from a lizard. I couldn't because lizards are at least unique design-wise and something like that would have to change their whole body.
[youtube]c4TvNTn8WFM[/youtube]
I joined security just to kill f*rries.
User avatar
Denton
Code Maintainer
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:53 pm
Byond Username: Denton-30
Github Username: 81Denton

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Post by Denton » #447741

MollyKristoph wrote:wah-wah-wah
You know, all this bitching about catpeople and liggers and moffs makes me want for a headmin team to just outright say 'fuck you, cats are staying.
Server and codebase are separate, admins (theoretically) have zero influence on code.
Image
User avatar
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:02 pm
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321
Location: U S A, U S A, U S A

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Post by PKPenguin321 » #447751

not to mention that if your main motivator is that you're sick of the debate then you should be advocating removal since if you leave them in the debate will only continue
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Image
User avatar
Shezza
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 6:54 pm
Byond Username: Wilchen
Reddit Username: TehAwesomeFrosty
Location: rent free
Contact:

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Post by Shezza » #447753

Godzillan wrote:what's the point of disabling them there instead of on the more popular, less RP server where there's more dislike for cats?
Citation needed
Godzillan wrote:Also the shitty uninspired nature of catpeople has actually proved annoying several times especially when playing as the AI, where I can't examine people so when trying to assist someone being detained by a cat sec officer (who had no helmet so i couldn't tell if it was fake cat ears or not), the sec officer claimed "i'm not a cat", and how could I know at the time whether they were lying or not? Another time I had my borg ordered to get a rogue cat CMO, when my borg told me the CMO was wearing fake cat ears and wasn't actually a cat. Imagine having a species so shitty and unoriginal that just putting on a hat makes it unclear as to whether or not you are that species, imagine if it were like that for lizards or moths or flies, where you just put on a cosmetic item and suddenly you look indistinguishable from a lizard. I couldn't because lizards are at least unique design-wise and something like that would have to change their whole body.
Almost as if we should just make them human if they're indistinguishable from humans
Thanks for all the dopamine.

You (cough), you haven't won here. You and your mutie-bastard friends are gonna join me in a big ol' mushroom cloud sendoff. I just triggered the self-destruct. (Heh, heh; cough, cough,...) The work will go on. You didn't do nothing here, 'cept seal your own death warrants. Duty, (cough) honor... courage... Semper Fiiiii........
User avatar
Kraso
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:46 pm
Byond Username: S0ldi3rKr4s0
Github Username: Kraseo
Reddit Username: Kraseo
Location: in kor's foe list

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Post by Kraso » #447757

Godzillan wrote:Also the shitty uninspired nature of catpeople has actually proved annoying several times especially when playing as the AI, where I can't examine people so when trying to assist someone being detained by a cat sec officer (who had no helmet so i couldn't tell if it was fake cat ears or not), the sec officer claimed "i'm not a cat", and how could I know at the time whether they were lying or not? Another time I had my borg ordered to get a rogue cat CMO, when my borg told me the CMO was wearing fake cat ears and wasn't actually a cat. Imagine having a species so shitty and unoriginal that just putting on a hat makes it unclear as to whether or not you are that species, imagine if it were like that for lizards or moths or flies, where you just put on a cosmetic item and suddenly you look indistinguishable from a lizard. I couldn't because lizards are at least unique design-wise and something like that would have to change their whole body.
this post can easily be resumed as
>be silicon
>look for ways to fuck over non-humans because "lol, non-human"
Image
somerandomguy
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:41 pm
Byond Username: Astatineguy12
Reddit Username: astatineguy12

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Post by somerandomguy » #447761

PKPenguin321 wrote:not to mention that if your main motivator is that you're sick of the debate then you should be advocating removal since if you leave them in the debate will only continue
It isn't really a debate as much as a shitfest
Kraso wrote:
Godzillan wrote:Also the shitty uninspired nature of catpeople has actually proved annoying several times especially when playing as the AI, where I can't examine people so when trying to assist someone being detained by a cat sec officer (who had no helmet so i couldn't tell if it was fake cat ears or not), the sec officer claimed "i'm not a cat", and how could I know at the time whether they were lying or not? Another time I had my borg ordered to get a rogue cat CMO, when my borg told me the CMO was wearing fake cat ears and wasn't actually a cat. Imagine having a species so shitty and unoriginal that just putting on a hat makes it unclear as to whether or not you are that species, imagine if it were like that for lizards or moths or flies, where you just put on a cosmetic item and suddenly you look indistinguishable from a lizard. I couldn't because lizards are at least unique design-wise and something like that would have to change their whole body.
this post can easily be resumed as
>be silicon
>look for ways to fuck over non-humans because "lol, non-human"
Not at all, it's actually really important to know sometimes
What if the possible no human counter-orders you? If they aren't a human, following the order breaks your laws.
What if they're harming a human in front of a borg but the only way to stop them immediately is lethals because it's flash is burnt out?
What if they're being harmed by sec in front of a borg but sending the borg to help would risk its life?
User avatar
iamgoofball
Github User
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:50 pm
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball
Reddit Username: iamgoofball

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Post by iamgoofball » #447764

Shezza wrote:
Godzillan wrote:what's the point of disabling them there instead of on the more popular, less RP server where there's more dislike for cats?
Citation needed
Godzillan wrote:Also the shitty uninspired nature of catpeople has actually proved annoying several times especially when playing as the AI, where I can't examine people so when trying to assist someone being detained by a cat sec officer (who had no helmet so i couldn't tell if it was fake cat ears or not), the sec officer claimed "i'm not a cat", and how could I know at the time whether they were lying or not? Another time I had my borg ordered to get a rogue cat CMO, when my borg told me the CMO was wearing fake cat ears and wasn't actually a cat. Imagine having a species so shitty and unoriginal that just putting on a hat makes it unclear as to whether or not you are that species, imagine if it were like that for lizards or moths or flies, where you just put on a cosmetic item and suddenly you look indistinguishable from a lizard. I couldn't because lizards are at least unique design-wise and something like that would have to change their whole body.
Almost as if we should just make them human if they're indistinguishable from humans
You're permabanned.
Qustinnus
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:30 am
Byond Username: Qustinnus
Reddit Username: MSO_IS_A_CHUMBIS

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Post by Qustinnus » #447766

catgirls can go to sybil
User avatar
Shezza
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 6:54 pm
Byond Username: Wilchen
Reddit Username: TehAwesomeFrosty
Location: rent free
Contact:

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Post by Shezza » #447767

iamgoofball wrote:
Shezza wrote:
Godzillan wrote:what's the point of disabling them there instead of on the more popular, less RP server where there's more dislike for cats?
Citation needed
Godzillan wrote:Also the shitty uninspired nature of catpeople has actually proved annoying several times especially when playing as the AI, where I can't examine people so when trying to assist someone being detained by a cat sec officer (who had no helmet so i couldn't tell if it was fake cat ears or not), the sec officer claimed "i'm not a cat", and how could I know at the time whether they were lying or not? Another time I had my borg ordered to get a rogue cat CMO, when my borg told me the CMO was wearing fake cat ears and wasn't actually a cat. Imagine having a species so shitty and unoriginal that just putting on a hat makes it unclear as to whether or not you are that species, imagine if it were like that for lizards or moths or flies, where you just put on a cosmetic item and suddenly you look indistinguishable from a lizard. I couldn't because lizards are at least unique design-wise and something like that would have to change their whole body.
Almost as if we should just make them human if they're indistinguishable from humans
You're permabanned.
Not a argument sweatie
Thanks for all the dopamine.

You (cough), you haven't won here. You and your mutie-bastard friends are gonna join me in a big ol' mushroom cloud sendoff. I just triggered the self-destruct. (Heh, heh; cough, cough,...) The work will go on. You didn't do nothing here, 'cept seal your own death warrants. Duty, (cough) honor... courage... Semper Fiiiii........
User avatar
iamgoofball
Github User
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:50 pm
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball
Reddit Username: iamgoofball

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Post by iamgoofball » #447769

Shezza wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:
Shezza wrote:
Godzillan wrote:what's the point of disabling them there instead of on the more popular, less RP server where there's more dislike for cats?
Citation needed
Godzillan wrote:Also the shitty uninspired nature of catpeople has actually proved annoying several times especially when playing as the AI, where I can't examine people so when trying to assist someone being detained by a cat sec officer (who had no helmet so i couldn't tell if it was fake cat ears or not), the sec officer claimed "i'm not a cat", and how could I know at the time whether they were lying or not? Another time I had my borg ordered to get a rogue cat CMO, when my borg told me the CMO was wearing fake cat ears and wasn't actually a cat. Imagine having a species so shitty and unoriginal that just putting on a hat makes it unclear as to whether or not you are that species, imagine if it were like that for lizards or moths or flies, where you just put on a cosmetic item and suddenly you look indistinguishable from a lizard. I couldn't because lizards are at least unique design-wise and something like that would have to change their whole body.
Almost as if we should just make them human if they're indistinguishable from humans
You're permabanned.
Not a argument sweatie
You are not physically allowed into the game servers, so why do you care so much? Why do you campaign so much for this feature?

Is it because you're evading? Because that's the only logical conclusion.
User avatar
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:07 pm
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont
Location: Belgium

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Post by Dax Dupont » #447772

iamgoofball wrote:
Shezza wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:
Shezza wrote:
Godzillan wrote:what's the point of disabling them there instead of on the more popular, less RP server where there's more dislike for cats?
Citation needed
Godzillan wrote:Also the shitty uninspired nature of catpeople has actually proved annoying several times especially when playing as the AI, where I can't examine people so when trying to assist someone being detained by a cat sec officer (who had no helmet so i couldn't tell if it was fake cat ears or not), the sec officer claimed "i'm not a cat", and how could I know at the time whether they were lying or not? Another time I had my borg ordered to get a rogue cat CMO, when my borg told me the CMO was wearing fake cat ears and wasn't actually a cat. Imagine having a species so shitty and unoriginal that just putting on a hat makes it unclear as to whether or not you are that species, imagine if it were like that for lizards or moths or flies, where you just put on a cosmetic item and suddenly you look indistinguishable from a lizard. I couldn't because lizards are at least unique design-wise and something like that would have to change their whole body.
Almost as if we should just make them human if they're indistinguishable from humans
You're permabanned.
Not a argument sweatie
You are not physically allowed into the game servers, so why do you care so much? Why do you campaign so much for this feature?

Is it because you're evading? Because that's the only logical conclusion.
It's almost as if bans can be appealed and they are hoping the feature will be there later when/if they get unbanned.

That said you don't even really play either, the only uptick you had was when economy was just merged and it dropped steeply a little after again.
You've had 147 connections this entire year. Shezza has 10x more.
I've got 2008 connections this year and I work full time.

If you're argument is HURR DURR YOU CAN'T/DON'T REALLY PLAY please apply it to yourself first.

Interesting fact, the combined playtime of yes voters is about 18% higher than the no voters.
Last edited by Dax Dupont on Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
somerandomguy
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:41 pm
Byond Username: Astatineguy12
Reddit Username: astatineguy12

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Post by somerandomguy » #447773

iamgoofball wrote:
Shezza wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:
Shezza wrote:
Godzillan wrote:what's the point of disabling them there instead of on the more popular, less RP server where there's more dislike for cats?
Citation needed
Godzillan wrote:Also the shitty uninspired nature of catpeople has actually proved annoying several times especially when playing as the AI, where I can't examine people so when trying to assist someone being detained by a cat sec officer (who had no helmet so i couldn't tell if it was fake cat ears or not), the sec officer claimed "i'm not a cat", and how could I know at the time whether they were lying or not? Another time I had my borg ordered to get a rogue cat CMO, when my borg told me the CMO was wearing fake cat ears and wasn't actually a cat. Imagine having a species so shitty and unoriginal that just putting on a hat makes it unclear as to whether or not you are that species, imagine if it were like that for lizards or moths or flies, where you just put on a cosmetic item and suddenly you look indistinguishable from a lizard. I couldn't because lizards are at least unique design-wise and something like that would have to change their whole body.
Almost as if we should just make them human if they're indistinguishable from humans
You're permabanned.
Not a argument sweatie
You are not physically allowed into the game servers, so why do you care so much? Why do you campaign so much for this feature?

Is it because you're evading? Because that's the only logical conclusion.
>goof using the "doesn't play" argument
User avatar
iamgoofball
Github User
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:50 pm
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball
Reddit Username: iamgoofball

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Post by iamgoofball » #447775

Dax Dupont wrote: It's almost as if bans can be appealed and they are hoping the feature will be there later when/if they get unbanned.


That said you don't even really play either, the only uptick you had was when economy was just merged and it dropped steeply a little after again.
You've had 147 connections this entire year. Shezza has 10x more.
I've got 2008 connections this year and I work full time.

If you're argument is HURR DURR YOU CAN'T/DON'T REALLY PLAY please apply it to yourself first.

Interesting fact, the combined playtime of yes voters is about 18% higher than the no voters.
I physically have access to the game servers. Shezza does not. Why do connections matter here? This isn't refuting the point.
Interesting fact, the combined playtime of yes voters is about 18% higher than the no voters.
This strikes me as interesting. Voting records are anonymous. How the fuck do you know this for certain?

Image

Archived in case they try to hide this slipup.
User avatar
iamgoofball
Github User
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:50 pm
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball
Reddit Username: iamgoofball

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Post by iamgoofball » #447776

Additionally, I'd hope that nobody thinks it's a good idea to unban someone who ERP'd.
User avatar
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:07 pm
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont
Location: Belgium

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Post by Dax Dupont » #447777

iamgoofball wrote:
Dax Dupont wrote: It's almost as if bans can be appealed and they are hoping the feature will be there later when/if they get unbanned.


That said you don't even really play either, the only uptick you had was when economy was just merged and it dropped steeply a little after again.
You've had 147 connections this entire year. Shezza has 10x more.
I've got 2008 connections this year and I work full time.

If you're argument is HURR DURR YOU CAN'T/DON'T REALLY PLAY please apply it to yourself first.

Interesting fact, the combined playtime of yes voters is about 18% higher than the no voters.
I physically have access to the game servers. Shezza does not. Why do connections matter here? This isn't refuting the point.
Interesting fact, the combined playtime of yes voters is about 18% higher than the no voters.
This strikes me as interesting. Voting records are anonymous. How the fuck do you know this for certain?

Image

Archived in case they try to hide this slipup.
Image

Now there was even more filtering after this statistic but I'd recon it's about the same from what I understand
User avatar
iamgoofball
Github User
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:50 pm
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball
Reddit Username: iamgoofball

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Post by iamgoofball » #447778

Dax Dupont wrote:
Image
Ah, looks like MSO slipped up here.

Regardless, how does this refute the fact that Shezza is permabanned for ERP(Something we don't unban for 99% of cases), and therefore could not physically access the servers if they tried? I'm able to access them. If I wanted to play, I could. Shezza cannot. So why do we give them a voice? Is it because you're a transparently corrupt fucker? Probably.
User avatar
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:07 pm
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont
Location: Belgium

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Post by Dax Dupont » #447781

iamgoofball wrote:
Dax Dupont wrote:
Image
Ah, looks like MSO slipped up here.

Regardless, how does this refute the fact that Shezza is permabanned for ERP(Something we don't unban for 99% of cases), and therefore could not physically access the servers if they tried? I'm able to access them. If I wanted to play, I could. Shezza cannot. So why do we give them a voice? Is it because you're a transparently corrupt fucker? Probably.
Why we give you a voice? You don't really play.

Are you suggesting we forum ban permabanned players?

Also we've unbanned people for worse. Remember big faggot?
Hell even 2beard gets a chance every year it seems.

I'm not a fan of Shezza but your whole argument is that 'it doesn't matter because they can't enter the game' which is about as valid as 'it doesn't matter because they don't play the game'.
User avatar
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:27 am
Byond Username: Arianya

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Post by Arianya » #447782

lol @ goof trying to imply an aggregate playtime stat is somehow sensitive data that MSO "slipped up" on.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
User avatar
iamgoofball
Github User
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:50 pm
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball
Reddit Username: iamgoofball

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Post by iamgoofball » #447783

Why we give you a voice? You don't really play.
Once again, not barred from playing the game.
Are you suggesting we forum ban permabanned players?
Where did I say this?
Also we've unbanned people for worse. Remember big faggot?
You're going to need to clarify.
Hell even 2beard gets a chance every year it seems.
2beard did not ERP with anyone.
I'm not a fan of Shezza but your whole argument is that 'it doesn't matter because they can't enter the game' which is about as valid as 'it doesn't matter because they don't play the game'.
Not playing willingly != Not playing unwillingly.

How is this a hard concept for you to grasp?
somerandomguy
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:41 pm
Byond Username: Astatineguy12
Reddit Username: astatineguy12

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Post by somerandomguy » #447784

ERP bans can be appealed, it's just that most people that get banned for it won't read/follow rules

>where did I say this
Where you said shezza shouldn't have a voice because they can't play
User avatar
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:07 pm
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont
Location: Belgium

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Post by Dax Dupont » #447785

Arianya wrote:lol @ goof trying to imply an aggregate playtime stat is somehow sensitive data that MSO "slipped up" on.
This

Also how the fuck can anyone not remember big faggot
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1084

Whats my point? why am I telling you this? you cant unfuck an ass, even with a permaban.
User avatar
Nilons
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:38 pm
Byond Username: NIlons
Location: Canada

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Post by Nilons » #447789

If a player is permabanned its because we clearly do not want them here. Why would you value someones opinion as much as another when it's been made very clear we don't even want them on the server. Someone not having a computer and being unable to play is different from someone who was such a fucking nuisance they had to be barred from connecting. If you think they should have an equal say why not petition to let every permabanned player vote on the next poll.
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes
Image

Image
Image
User avatar
iamgoofball
Github User
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:50 pm
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball
Reddit Username: iamgoofball

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Post by iamgoofball » #447790

Dax Dupont wrote:
Arianya wrote:lol @ goof trying to imply an aggregate playtime stat is somehow sensitive data that MSO "slipped up" on.
This

Also how the fuck can anyone not remember big faggot
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1084

Whats my point? why am I telling you this? you cant unfuck an ass, even with a permaban.
Oh, that guy. His umban wasn't publicized.
User avatar
Shezza
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 6:54 pm
Byond Username: Wilchen
Reddit Username: TehAwesomeFrosty
Location: rent free
Contact:

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Post by Shezza » #447791

Nilons wrote:If a player is permabanned its because we clearly do not want them here. Why would you value someones opinion as much as another when it's been made very clear we don't even want them on the server. Someone not having a computer and being unable to play is different from someone who was such a fucking nuisance they had to be barred from connecting. If you think they should have an equal say why not petition to let every permabanned player vote on the next poll.
"It's almost as if bans can be appealed"


That reminds me of how armhulenn fucked with you for 10 days promising you admin candidate and he was just fucking with you the entire time.

Best part?

You actually believed it.
Thanks for all the dopamine.

You (cough), you haven't won here. You and your mutie-bastard friends are gonna join me in a big ol' mushroom cloud sendoff. I just triggered the self-destruct. (Heh, heh; cough, cough,...) The work will go on. You didn't do nothing here, 'cept seal your own death warrants. Duty, (cough) honor... courage... Semper Fiiiii........
User avatar
Nilons
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:38 pm
Byond Username: NIlons
Location: Canada

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Post by Nilons » #447792

Shezza wrote:
Nilons wrote:If a player is permabanned its because we clearly do not want them here. Why would you value someones opinion as much as another when it's been made very clear we don't even want them on the server. Someone not having a computer and being unable to play is different from someone who was such a fucking nuisance they had to be barred from connecting. If you think they should have an equal say why not petition to let every permabanned player vote on the next poll.
"It's almost as if bans can be appealed"


That reminds me of how armhulenn fucked with you for 10 days promising you admin candidate and he was just fucking with you the entire time.

Best part?

You actually believed it.
Not an argument sweatie
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes
Image

Image
Image
User avatar
Shezza
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 6:54 pm
Byond Username: Wilchen
Reddit Username: TehAwesomeFrosty
Location: rent free
Contact:

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Post by Shezza » #447793

Nilons wrote:
Shezza wrote:
Nilons wrote:If a player is permabanned its because we clearly do not want them here. Why would you value someones opinion as much as another when it's been made very clear we don't even want them on the server. Someone not having a computer and being unable to play is different from someone who was such a fucking nuisance they had to be barred from connecting. If you think they should have an equal say why not petition to let every permabanned player vote on the next poll.
"It's almost as if bans can be appealed"


That reminds me of how armhulenn fucked with you for 10 days promising you admin candidate and he was just fucking with you the entire time.

Best part?

You actually believed it.
Not an argument sweatie
Wasn't a argument sweatie

on a side note, i'm kinda suprised you still can't tell when someone is making fun of you.

ironic
Thanks for all the dopamine.

You (cough), you haven't won here. You and your mutie-bastard friends are gonna join me in a big ol' mushroom cloud sendoff. I just triggered the self-destruct. (Heh, heh; cough, cough,...) The work will go on. You didn't do nothing here, 'cept seal your own death warrants. Duty, (cough) honor... courage... Semper Fiiiii........
User avatar
Kraso
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:46 pm
Byond Username: S0ldi3rKr4s0
Github Username: Kraseo
Reddit Username: Kraseo
Location: in kor's foe list

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Post by Kraso » #447795

i can't see golfball's posts but my best guess is he's going on a tangent about how someone being unable to play isn't the same as someone who actively refuses to play a game he spends time making changes without prior feedback from anyone

lol
Image
User avatar
Wyzack
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:32 pm
Byond Username: Wyzack

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Post by Wyzack » #447796

New plan lets let Big Faggot decide he seems like a smart lad
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Karp
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:54 am
Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Post by Karp » #447802

me when i read this thread

[youtube]aZdTpD40Ejw[/youtube]

also people have been unbanned for erp or creepy gross rule 8 violations all the time just look through our wonderful ban appeals
Image
Image
User avatar
Qbmax32
In-Game Admin
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:05 am
Byond Username: Qbmax32
Github Username: qbmax32
Location: somewhere

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Post by Qbmax32 » #447819

Dax Dupont wrote:
Arianya wrote:lol @ goof trying to imply an aggregate playtime stat is somehow sensitive data that MSO "slipped up" on.
This

Also how the fuck can anyone not remember big faggot
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1084

Whats my point? why am I telling you this? you cant unfuck an ass, even with a permaban.


Haha holy shit so that’s where “you can’t unfuck an ass” came from
my admin feedback thread


quotes
Spoiler:
Malkraz wrote:YES
DRINK THE PISS QB
angelstarri wrote:qbmax is a retard
imsxz wrote:mythic please stop you’ve hit rock bottom and you KEEP DIGGING
deedubya wrote:I'll defend to the death your right to scream "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" on a constant basis, but I'll also equally defend the right of people to call you a fuckin' pillock for doing it.
datorangebottle wrote:what, not having to act like customer service in a volunteer customer service position?

Here's a rebuttal: you're literally in a customer service slash celebrity position. Volunteer or not.
Malkraz wrote:can you stop posting this shit
Nalzul wrote:Fuck Blob (can you imagine how hot it would be to be gangbanged by a bunch of blobbernauts, the blob, and spores)
Wyzack wrote:qbmax your pathetic display of abhorrent burgercraft has brought shame onto the omnivores
Plapatin wrote:i AM the senate
BONERMASTER wrote:I am a big thinker, and it would only be logical if my character had a big head as well. And glasses. Because only people that think, wear glasses.
feem wrote:i tried to send canisters of urine to the station but ended up turning all oxygen into urine and breaking lavaland and also breathing
Anonmare wrote:Each post in this thread can't settle on what it wants to be, but yet, each one is more cursed than the last.
Beesting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.
Vile Beggar wrote:i don't like this thread
imsxz wrote:nervore
FantasticFwoosh wrote:I will whisper sweet nothings that will confuse and perhaps scare you a little, but enhance the experience no-less.
afelinidisfinetoo wrote:By the way, the person who posted that catgirl porn on the github page was me. If anyone wants my private stash just PM me
Nervere wrote:Anything for a femoid.....
Qbopper wrote:I'm a dumb poopy butthead
CitrusGender wrote:god i love it when people feed me my own fried legs
User avatar
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:08 pm
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Post by NikNakFlak » #447828

Just ignore both shezza and goof's opinion, easy
REDACTED
pm for deets
User avatar
Shezza
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 6:54 pm
Byond Username: Wilchen
Reddit Username: TehAwesomeFrosty
Location: rent free
Contact:

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Post by Shezza » #447836

Image

>ignoring anyones opinion
Thanks for all the dopamine.

You (cough), you haven't won here. You and your mutie-bastard friends are gonna join me in a big ol' mushroom cloud sendoff. I just triggered the self-destruct. (Heh, heh; cough, cough,...) The work will go on. You didn't do nothing here, 'cept seal your own death warrants. Duty, (cough) honor... courage... Semper Fiiiii........
User avatar
Yakumo_Chen
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:08 pm
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #447954

I think the most disgusting thing here this batch of drama has brought about is not the stupid arguments against catgirls, the weakening arguments for keeping them, not the complete sham of a poll or the completely manufactured drama to throw as much dirt as the issue as the shitty players against it can manage.

The most disgusting thing here is Oranges.

I think it speaks volumes how Oranges has completely subverted the power structure on tg. He has essentially declared in this thread that the only thing he answers to is MSO. A complete disregard for the system that we have that appoints leaders for the community, player input for the server, or even people appointed by MSO himself (or by proxy). Oranges has declared that because he controls the code, he controls the servers. And that's frankly distressing.

As I believe Kevin has pointed out, the only people who ever unironcally use the phrase "separation of code and server" are the people with control over both.
Image
Image
User avatar
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:02 pm
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321
Location: U S A, U S A, U S A

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Post by PKPenguin321 » #447962

it's oranges
User avatar
iamgoofball
Github User
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:50 pm
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball
Reddit Username: iamgoofball

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Post by iamgoofball » #447963

Yakumo_Chen wrote:He has essentially declared in this thread that the only thing he answers to is MSO.
it's oranges, and who cares lmao he's not beholden to whatever 2 anime avatar admin weebs the admins circlejerked into a promotion and the 1 admin who bribed players hard for a promotion lmao
User avatar
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:27 am
Byond Username: Arianya

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Post by Arianya » #447966

iamgoofball wrote:
Yakumo_Chen wrote:He has essentially declared in this thread that the only thing he answers to is MSO.
it's oranges, and who cares lmao he's not beholden to whatever 2 anime avatar admin weebs the admins circlejerked into a promotion and the 1 admin who bribed players hard for a promotion lmao
An ironic quote coming from the guy who tried actual bribery twice and still lost.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
User avatar
Shezza
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 6:54 pm
Byond Username: Wilchen
Reddit Username: TehAwesomeFrosty
Location: rent free
Contact:

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Post by Shezza » #447967

Arianya wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:
Yakumo_Chen wrote:He has essentially declared in this thread that the only thing he answers to is MSO.
it's oranges, and who cares lmao he's not beholden to whatever 2 anime avatar admin weebs the admins circlejerked into a promotion and the 1 admin who bribed players hard for a promotion lmao
An ironic quote coming from the guy who tried actual bribery twice and still lost.
How will goof ever recover from this

Oh, right i forgot he's a spineless hypocrite so he probably doesn't care.
Thanks for all the dopamine.

You (cough), you haven't won here. You and your mutie-bastard friends are gonna join me in a big ol' mushroom cloud sendoff. I just triggered the self-destruct. (Heh, heh; cough, cough,...) The work will go on. You didn't do nothing here, 'cept seal your own death warrants. Duty, (cough) honor... courage... Semper Fiiiii........
User avatar
iamgoofball
Github User
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:50 pm
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball
Reddit Username: iamgoofball

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Post by iamgoofball » #447969

Arianya wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:
Yakumo_Chen wrote:He has essentially declared in this thread that the only thing he answers to is MSO.
it's oranges, and who cares lmao he's not beholden to whatever 2 anime avatar admin weebs the admins circlejerked into a promotion and the 1 admin who bribed players hard for a promotion lmao
An ironic quote coming from the guy who tried actual bribery twice and still lost.
I just wasn't able to compete with the in game spam from admins especially with my OOC privs revoked
User avatar
iamgoofball
Github User
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:50 pm
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball
Reddit Username: iamgoofball

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Post by iamgoofball » #447970

Shezza wrote:
Arianya wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:
Yakumo_Chen wrote:He has essentially declared in this thread that the only thing he answers to is MSO.
it's oranges, and who cares lmao he's not beholden to whatever 2 anime avatar admin weebs the admins circlejerked into a promotion and the 1 admin who bribed players hard for a promotion lmao
An ironic quote coming from the guy who tried actual bribery twice and still lost.
How will goof ever recover from this

Oh, right i forgot he's a spineless hypocrite so he probably doesn't care.
>spineless
>literally got banned for a week because I stood up to a mod powertripping

lmao, go back to yawn wilder shezza
User avatar
bman
Github User
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:55 pm
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Post by bman » #447976

Yakumo_Chen wrote:I think the most disgusting thing here this batch of drama has brought about is not the stupid arguments against catgirls, the weakening arguments for keeping them, not the complete sham of a poll or the completely manufactured drama to throw as much dirt as the issue as the shitty players against it can manage.

The most disgusting thing here is Oranges.

I think it speaks volumes how Oranges has completely subverted the power structure on tg. He has essentially declared in this thread that the only thing he answers to is MSO. A complete disregard for the system that we have that appoints leaders for the community, player input for the server, or even people appointed by MSO himself (or by proxy). Oranges has declared that because he controls the code, he controls the servers. And that's frankly distressing.

As I believe Kevin has pointed out, the only people who ever unironcally use the phrase "separation of code and server" are the people with control over both.
i read "the most disgusting thing here is Oranges" and nothing else
pryce bax.
Image
Image
User avatar
obscolene
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:37 am
Byond Username: Obscolene
Location: In it 2 win it :-]
Contact:

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Post by obscolene » #447978

Yakumo_Chen wrote:I think the most disgusting thing here
implying anyone cares about your shitty pathos arguments
Yakumo_Chen wrote:The most disgusting thing here is Oranges.
it's oranges
Yakumo_Chen wrote:I think it speaks volumes how Oranges has completely subverted the power structure on tg. He has essentially declared in this thread that the only thing he answers to is MSO.
you can use your subversion buzzword all you want but it doesn't change the fact that the headmins have 0 authority over the codebase.
Yakumo_Chen wrote:As I believe Kevin has pointed out, the only people who ever unironcally use the phrase "separation of code and server" are the people with control over both.
:lol:
[center]sc#4622 | everybodygangstauntilnig.ga (UPDATED FREQUENTLY)[/center]
Image
[03:46:59]EMOTE: The Dreamweaver/(Steve Leaf) : <b>Steve Leaf</b> starts jacking lizard dick. (129,128,2)
[03:47:33]SAY: Steve Leaf/The Dreamweaver : OH FUCK IM CHOAKING (129,128,2)
Spoiler:
Image
ImageImageImage
Image
somerandomguy
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:41 pm
Byond Username: Astatineguy12
Reddit Username: astatineguy12

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Post by somerandomguy » #447982

I think it speaks volumes how Oranges has completely subverted the power structure on tg. He has essentially declared in this thread that the only thing he answers to is MSO.

He's headcoder, of course he only answers to MSO about anything code-related.
A complete disregard for the system that we have that appoints leaders for the community, player input for the server, or even people appointed by MSO himself (or by proxy) headmin elections.

Why would he run it if he disregarded it?
Oranges has declared that because he controls the code, he controls the servers. And that's frankly distressing.
When did he say that?
User avatar
iksyp
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:47 pm
Byond Username: Iksyp
Location: usa usa usa usa usa(?)

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Post by iksyp » #447983

i think yakumo's post might actually be worse than mine
User avatar
obscolene
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:37 am
Byond Username: Obscolene
Location: In it 2 win it :-]
Contact:

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Post by obscolene » #447986

somerandomguy wrote:
A complete disregard for the system that we have that appoints leaders for the community, player input for the server, or even people appointed by MSO himself (or by proxy) headmin elections.

Why would he run it if he disregarded it?
Image <( orange man bad )
[center]sc#4622 | everybodygangstauntilnig.ga (UPDATED FREQUENTLY)[/center]
Image
[03:46:59]EMOTE: The Dreamweaver/(Steve Leaf) : <b>Steve Leaf</b> starts jacking lizard dick. (129,128,2)
[03:47:33]SAY: Steve Leaf/The Dreamweaver : OH FUCK IM CHOAKING (129,128,2)
Spoiler:
Image
ImageImageImage
Image
User avatar
bman
Github User
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:55 pm
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Post by bman » #448007

I think the most disgusting thing here this batch of drama has brought about is not the stupid arguments against catgirls, the weakening arguments for keeping them, not the complete sham of a poll or the completely manufactured drama to throw as much dirt as the issue as the shitty players against it can manage.

The most disgusting thing here is Oranges.

I think it speaks volumes how Oranges has completely subverted the power structure on tg. He has essentially declared in this thread that the only thing he answers to is MSO. A complete disregard for the system that we have that appoints leaders for the community, player input for the server, or even people appointed by MSO himself (or by proxy). Oranges has declared that because he controls the code, he controls the servers. And that's frankly distressing.

As I believe Kevin has pointed out, the only people who ever unironcally use the phrase "separation of code and server" are the people with control over both.
pryce bax.
Image
Image
User avatar
iamgoofball
Github User
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:50 pm
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball
Reddit Username: iamgoofball

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Post by iamgoofball » #448012

bman wrote:I think the most disgusting thing here this batch of drama has brought about is not the stupid arguments against catgirls, the weakening arguments for keeping them, not the complete sham of a poll or the completely manufactured drama to throw as much dirt as the issue as the shitty players against it can manage.

The most disgusting thing here is Oranges.

I think it speaks volumes how Oranges has completely subverted the power structure on tg. He has essentially declared in this thread that the only thing he answers to is MSO. A complete disregard for the system that we have that appoints leaders for the community, player input for the server, or even people appointed by MSO himself (or by proxy). Oranges has declared that because he controls the code, he controls the servers. And that's frankly distressing.

As I believe Kevin has pointed out, the only people who ever unironcally use the phrase "separation of code and server" are the people with control over both.
its oranges
User avatar
Denton
Code Maintainer
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:53 pm
Byond Username: Denton-30
Github Username: 81Denton

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Post by Denton » #448017

Yakumo_Chen wrote:I think it speaks volumes how Oranges has completely subverted the power structure on tg. He has essentially declared in this thread that the only thing he answers to is MSO. A complete disregard for the system that we have that appoints leaders for the community, player input for the server, or even people appointed by MSO himself (or by proxy). Oranges has declared that because he controls the code, he controls the servers. And that's frankly distressing.
Either I'm high or you missed when
- oranges started a week long poll about whether players want to keep or remove catgirls
- the poll got filtered to weed out non /tg/ players
- the result turned out invalid, so oranges started another poll with more precise wording

If he had an agenda against or for catgirls, he could have simply merged or closed the PR without doing any of the above.
Image
User avatar
Nilons
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:38 pm
Byond Username: NIlons
Location: Canada

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Post by Nilons » #448027

its clementines
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes
Image

Image
Image
User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact
Reddit Username: msolikesass
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Post by oranges » #448033

watch out guys, my agenda of actually asking people what they want is going to completely destroy /tg/ and subvert it's commmunity and admins! don't you know it's best to just listen to only the headadmins! How dare I subvert their authority by asking the people they're beholden to what they think. This is a total dictatorship of democracy and we need to stop it

edit: oh also, if you want someone to blame for the poll
Image
Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users