Regarding felinids/catpeople

Users can post replies, but only game admins, mods, and forum admins may post topics. Mainly for questions and official discussions
Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Post by Gamarr » #447201

Bottom post of the previous page:

iamgoofball wrote:I have my rights.
There is no such thing and the only rights you got is the ones they're allowing you to have, which is frankly too much. In effect the server is a ship, with a bunch of mechanics in the bowels of the ship all having a line to the captain, shouting like they got a union into his ear every so often and demanding the ship go a particular direction.
It's less about the cats and Powers That Be making decisions and making the server stick to it. This being jerked around constantly by the coderbase is bad for pretty much everything included. The polls don't matter and if they really do, they fucking shouldn't, because we've seen the result of humoring the stupidity does.
Last edited by Gamarr on Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just L
Byond Username: Just L

Post by Just L » #447203

Even if they don't get removed, I'll just go back to bullying them IC by playing security and arresting them for everything, or just shooting them with beanbag slugs non-stop. I haven't really seen a single player who constantly plays a catgirl that does anything fun with it, most of them just seem to be boring greytiders or unnoticeable until you fuck with them and they scream helpies.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #447206

Karp wrote: Why do you think filtering causes remain to win over and over again anyways? Most of the drama ends up being manufactured shit-stirring
even though post filtering even with the fixed filter it's still a 50/50 split :thinking:
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #447211

Karp wrote:I'll vote against catpeople if lizards get removed as well though

i'm being completely serious lizard players are all shit slurping morons who think they're better than furries

I don't know if anyone else would swing but i despise lizard players that much
I play is-a-lizard and have maintained that stance for like 2 years, I’ll swing.
I just dislike how most arguments are dismissed. Goof is goof so he can’t be allowed an opinion, one argument against cats is “fetish content” which means all anti cat arguments are that, and “fetish content” isn’t a real argument...
Then again, maybe I do this too, since I struggle to recall pro cat arguments besides “it’s just 3 pixels, give a real argument”. a lowpop dual esword is just a few pixels too. And the argument that Anti cat has no real argument, so I guess it works both ways. I personall think that the downsides of losing a small option aren’t as bad as those of forcing people to deal with others with that option. I loved the reserve shooter in tf2 and believed it was balanced, but I conceded that deaths to it felt annoying. In the end, thr RS being nerfed left me to try out the stock shotgun and more often use the flare gun and detonator, which still left me with unused options in the manmelter, gas passer, nerfed RS, and thermal thruster. I think that without catgirls there are plenty of races to choose from, like I had secondary weapons, and I could still use the nerfed RS if I HAD to, like cats could try to maybe get the vendor ears. On the other hand, I know how much people HATED fighting the RS. Keeping the RS in would only suck for them, while removing if left me to try new weapons and enjoy them, though I do miss the RS sometimes. Similarly, the ambassador revolver for spy wasn’t much better than stock, but some found if annoying to fight. Spy players wasted hundreds of hours practicing their shots. Afterthe ambassador was nerfed, spies found that the stock revolver was almost as powerful as the old ambassador, but less painful to learn to use, and that the letranger had its own benefits. I think that there are enough options that losing cats could benefit everyone, but keeping them keeps anger. ‘It’s just pixels’ works both ways after all.
Enjoy the copypasta
Karp
Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Post by Karp » #447213

Nilons wrote:
Where is the proof that all of this drama is one sidedly manufactured by anti cat extremists. You don't actually dispute anything I said you just point out a shitpost in response to sawrge
iamgoofball wrote: even though post filtering even with the fixed filter it's still a 50/50 split :thinking:

What do we get when we check those links?
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #447217

We get old results, including one that says removing cats from sybil is a bad idea, if they’re at all relevant, then the “keep cats on sybil” is relevant as well.
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #447218

How does linking polls that show it's been a bone of contention for a long period of time prove that it was entirely manufactured by anti cat extremists or masterminded by the goof. If you're going to claim that people who want cat people in game have literally nothing to do with creating any of the drama and that the people against it are solely responsible for it I would expect you to prove it.
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

Karp

Post by Karp » #447220

confused rock wrote: I just dislike how most arguments are dismissed. Goof is goof so he can’t be allowed an opinion
I wouldnt give a shit if this wasn't the 3rd attempt at a removal in 2 years with goof acting as if he's some heroic crusader here to protect the innocent sheeple players from degenerate sex pervert cultists
confused rock wrote: Then again, maybe I do this too, since I struggle to recall pro cat arguments besides “it’s just 3 pixels, give a real argument”.
I agree it's just pixels, i voted against cats in the first place due to them being lorebreaking. I talked to sawrge a few months ago about this as well and he said he wanted them removed but he hates the removal crowd by that much. Repeated removals and crusades against a popular feature is retarded.

also, if it's just pixels why would anyone care about keeping/removing something purely cosmetic that is just a few pixels? Are 2 years of constant bickering and yelling worth a few pixels? If this was the first time the argument may have worked against the remain crowd but the removal crowd has been far more obnoxious and whiny in trying to get their way

confused rock wrote:-snip-
Fair enough on wanting to encourage diversity and uniqueness in picking alien races but I feel like the entire desire to remove this is a farce and a sham and is just the desires of a few upset whiny children, I exaggerate against lizards and I haven't interacted with you but I don't think a removal would change anything short of appeasing said tyrants and upsetting a decent chunk of our playerbase over a few cosmetic pixels they believe encourages gross furry pedophilia or whatever insane buzzword of the day they use to attack cat ears

For a thought exercise; how would you feel like if WJ's fuckup with those pastebin logs were used as a casus belli to repeatedly spam lizard removal PRs for being nothing more than a sex pervert race full of people who only erp and say gross shit as seen in said leaky cloaca logs

That's what I feel like about cats at least, despite rarely interacting with them and not playing a cat.
Last edited by Karp on Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #447221

Well, atleast drama situations like this is proves the free nature of our community. If there was never any drama, everyone would have to be in agreement on everything. Such a concept is not exactly very realistic on its own, and thus strongly implies that an authoritative class of those in control purged the elements which disagreed with them and their opinions. By the fact that those with views on extreme ends of both sides of the argument have a platform to voice their opinion, this is clearly proven not to be the case.

(This post is a joke.)
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Karp

Post by Karp » #447222

Nilons wrote:How does linking polls that show it's been a bone of contention for a long period of time prove that it was entirely manufactured by anti cat extremists or masterminded by the goof. If you're going to claim that people who want cat people in game have literally nothing to do with creating any of the drama and that the people against it are solely responsible for it I would expect you to prove it.
Do you want the drama threads, the PRs and old discussions about it, or would you like the unfiltered polls? Though I'm not sure if it's filtered in the first place though you'd have to ask ned

and just check out all of the obnoxious hippie retards who rarely play/never play lurking around the community more and more with every event relating to cat removals, A huge reason the polls started to shift towards remove pre filter was a result of being raided by hippie players who dont play

Though what exactly would you like, short of unironically wanting me to get logs of goofball paying people to stir drama or whatever insane nonsense that directly incriminates him the evidence lies in the last few years worth of discussions

The same few people have stirred the same retarded arguments about cats, argued that they're a furry fetishbait race, and then used the drama to justify their previous hatred of it
Karp

Post by Karp » #447224

The drama this cycle is that they're a contentious issue despite the fact that the same small minority were the ones who raised this issue in the first place while also gathering a mob in the past and present from hippiestation and other related servers to brigade the poll

just remove lziman from the first poll and the faces arguing against cats zealously haven't changed
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #447226

I really feel bad for good old oranges. No matter what they decide to do, a ton of people are going to be pissed now.
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #447227

I’m saying the “it’s just pixels” argument is absurd in a 32x32 game, and that either side can use it just as well, so why try it? I can’t name a specific cat player for anything. I can’t name particularly good experiences with them, but I do know bad ones. If “a few specific players” ruin catgirls, then only those players play catgirls.That statement is very vague so dismiss it if you want, but so is the “few specific players” argument, so dismiss that too. From a pure gameplay standpoint, cats are undoubtedly confusing to the ai dud to their speech and I hate the possibility of cat ears/tail being dismembered and making them still felinid but virtually indistinguishable from a human.
Also poor oranges yes he does what he does but always too slow for people’s liking
Edit: point of my earlier argument isn’t necessarily that diversity is good, it’s that cat players aren’t necessarily losing much, but if cats stay, there is no benefit to non cat players.
tinodrima7020
Byond Username: TinoDrima7020

Post by tinodrima7020 » #447232

Can anyone name something exclusive to cat people, and only them, that they do that ruins the round for someone. So far the only same shit-flinging arguments I've seen are fetish content and "only six pixels". Anything is fetishized and anything can be fetishized. The fact that you see a person who plays a cat person do something degenerate is exclusive to that player and not an entire species. Just think of what you could be doing instead of flinging shit over only "six pixels".
Edit: Anything a cat person does that creeps you out or whatever other triggers that arise from you can be done by any species.
Last edited by tinodrima7020 on Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you see this image please show Subject217 some love. He's in a dark place right now :(
Spoiler:
Fikou wrote:
The problem is that the autistic fucking admins on these SS13 servers, so drunk with power, so intoxicated on the scent of their sweaty ballsacks as they drown in 'decision making' and 'responsibility', things they've never had before, hand out permabans for next to nothing. Why not a 3 month ban? Why not a 6 month ban? No. A fucking perma ban. Nevermind that people change, nevermind that people have shitty days or good days, nevermind that FOREVER IS A FUCKING LONG TIME, no... Permabans. And then they expect you to appeal on the forums so they can have MORE POWER, MORE DECISION MAKING. "HOO HOO, LOOKIT ME MOMMY, I GET TO DECIDE THE FATE OF THIS MAN HOOOO HOOOOOO WOWEEE SO EXCITE, MY LITTLE WINKY WILLY IS GETTING CHUB-CHUB, MOMMY." And let's be fucking absolutely real here, the only reason admins want people to sign up for the fucking forums to fucking ban appeal is so they can sell the members e-mails to, like, Chinese realtors or some shit.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #447234

I'll repost my argument on why I dislike Catpeople.
Catpeople are going to remain a point of contention for a very long time, if the prior years are any indication.

The only other feature I can recall that maintained a long heated debate over a long period of time was the movement speed changes, and those were slowly reverted (mostly by unintentional server changes I think) over the years.

---

Catpeople remain in the public mind because they are so utterly out of place next to every other non-human round start species we have.

In my opinion, any "acceptable" species falls into one of three categories...

1: A true historical handover that has been in the game for longer than most players (Lizardpeople).
2: They possess major mechanical disadvantages and/or social disadvantages over Humans (Plasmapeople, Flypeople).
3: A truly unique species that is sufficiently unique looking in comparison to a Human, and has never really been done before (Mothpeople).

In my opinion, Catpeople don't fit into any of the above. As I have stated, they are a boring, weird species that does not mesh well with the game. I oppose Catpeople for the same reason I'd oppose Dogpeople or akin, because they do not fit at all.
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #447235

Karp wrote:The drama this cycle is that they're a contentious issue despite the fact that the same small minority were the ones who raised this issue in the first place while also gathering a mob in the past and present from hippiestation and other related servers to brigade the poll

just remove lziman from the first poll and the faces arguing against cats zealously haven't changed
Yeah because they haven't been removed. There are loud cat players as well they just have less of a spotlight because they're currently getting their way. The people who you see as figureheads here aren't going to stop complaining or stirring it up because they haven't changed their minds. Something you've even said earlier you have no intention of trying to do because you've decided they won't change them. What you're calling engineered drama is the group that is not happy complaining instead of the group that is happy. If you want the drama cycle to stop without removing cat girls you're going to have to make an actual effort to change the people who want them removed's mindset. Something you will not be able to do without opening your mindset up to change in return. The reason you haven't had luck convincing people is because you go into the discussion with the attitude "I'm right let me tell you why you're wrong" on a subjective issue
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #447239

tinodrima7020 wrote:Can anyone name something exclusive to cat people, and only them, that they do that ruins the round for someone. So far the only same shit-flinging arguments I've seen are fetish content and "only six pixels". Anything is fetishized and anything can be fetishized. The fact that you see a person who plays a cat person do something degenerate is exclusive to that player and not an entire species. Just think of what you could be doing instead of flinging shit over only "six pixels".
Edit: Anything a cat person does that creeps you out or whatever other triggers that arise from you can be done by any species.
It's not fetishized, it already IS a fetish.
iamgoofball wrote:
somerandomguy wrote: Let me put it this way: other things are fetishized outside of the game, and they aren't removed
okay so here is the flaw with this logic:

Outside the game, digitigrade legs/feet/whatever are pretty much only found on animals, therefore when applied in the context of a humanoid, is only for furries and fursona crap
therefore, it's not a mater of "it's fetishized outside the game", it IS a fetish. It's not being fetishized, that would imply it wasn't one to begin with originally.

This same logic applies to catpeople, and when we consider catpeople, we're talking humanoids with cat ears and a tail because we aren't talking about the 1985 box office hit Cat People. This is fetish content. If you go incognito on google and take your laptop to the local coffee shop, you'll get the same results as Average Joe would if you google image search "human with cat ears and tail". It's not being fetishized, it already IS a fetish.
Snuffleupagus

Post by Snuffleupagus » #447244

iamgoofball wrote:
Gamarr wrote:Keep goof and oranges from touching the server in any meaningful way and you'll be better off for it.
Go fuck yourself once again.
Why because he's right? Oranges didn't directly do the PR but he knew what he was doing by instigating and fueling the bullshit that occurred with the PR. You helped the matter along by adding gasoline to it. This is a win/win for the coderbase period, and that's exactly the reason we're seeing minimal effort from yourself and Oranges in any exchanges.

The only cogent argument I've heard from the 'coder' side wanting the removal of catpeople is that its been done before. Once its pointed out that MSO did it to shift players to Bagil which was suffering from a lack of numbers IIRC at the time both servers were about dead even and the intention was to always have Bagil be a server FULL of people. Once that's essentially pointed you both fall back on Ad Hominem attacks on people who bring up further points to refute the fetishization of cat people (Which is literally done on Discord as a meme and has rarely been seen in game itself)

The reality is. You've fucked the admins on this. Specifically headmins. You and Oranges both know you have them backed up against the wall. It's a 4D chess move by coders. You cry for a vote that doesn't need to take place (Its been done a few times and the outcome has always been the same. Contentious, but a win for catpeople.) 100% this was malicious and I think intended by the coderbase. Oranges helped fuel the fire and stands back to watch it blow up in the faces of the admin team.

The reality is that no matter how the vote went. You were going to be able to point the finger back at the admins and how "Poorly." they "handled." something yet again. If the vote had been decisive instead of controversial for Cat People and no changes were made you would have picked up your torch and pitchfork and vehemently argued for all of the people who voted against keeping cat people and how EVIL the admins were for not making any changes and how it INSULTS those that don't like Cat People.

If the vote went the other way and was decisive for getting rid of cat people. You would stand back. (Which you both did) and watch as the Cat People were alienated and touted their own torches and pitchforks and ANGRILY shouted at the admins for the decision that they made.

There is no loss for yourself and Oranges. The fact remains you two were looking to stir up shit. You did and its sad that the REAL facts are getting glossed over. That this is done purely by a few in the coderbase for keks and amusement. It's really well played. It's also the perfect storm given how much you've hammered specific admin decisions over the past three to four weeks which helps once more to detract attention from the actual focal point of this whole fiasco.

You two drummed up drama both within the hierarchy of the server and the player base for literally no reason. Its a hitjob. Intentional or not. It was well played. I was around for most of the arguments leading up to the poll option. So I tend to believe it was extremely well orchestrated by Oranges.

Refute it. Shitpost it. Salt it. Just my take on things.
Snuffleupagus

Post by Snuffleupagus » #447246

iamgoofball wrote: It's not fetishized, it already IS a fetish.
Rule 34 applies to pretty much anything on the internet. Within 72 hours of Bowsette being made public there was porn of her depicted all over /tg/ and various other places. This point is invalid. If you actually PLAYED the game you'd realize no one who plays a cat person in game actually fetishizes cat people.
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #447248

How can ostrava or nanotrasen be so correct
Tino, the six pixels maymay shouldn’t even be fucking mentioned at this poin. Both sides can use it, and it’s still worthless.
Guess I might as well argue on ferish content now, god help me
Anything can be fetishised, yes, but some things are better suited to it than others. If someone added a dildo, just because a cucumber works doesn’t matter. A cucumber has other uses. I struggle to think of any way to immerse yourself as a catgirl except as a skirt wearing creep who says meow in japanese. You can kill someone with a gun, but you can with a chair too, so why not regulate chairs? Chairs have other uses. We know what guns were made for. We know what catgirls are based off. Dismiss this if you have no better ideas, but if catgirls are not “fetish content” what are they?
tinodrima7020

Post by tinodrima7020 » #447249

confused rock wrote:How can ostrava or nanotrasen be so correct
Tino, the six pixels maymay shouldn’t even be fucking mentioned at this poin. Both sides can use it, and it’s still worthless.
Guess I might as well argue on ferish content now, god help me
Anything can be fetishised, yes, but some things are better suited to it than others. If someone added a dildo, just because a cucumber works doesn’t matter. A cucumber has other uses. I struggle to think of any way to immerse yourself as a catgirl except as a skirt wearing creep who says meow in japanese. You can kill someone with a gun, but you can with a chair too, so why not regulate chairs? Chairs have other uses. We know what guns were made for. We know what catgirls are based off. Dismiss this if you have no better ideas, but if catgirls are not “fetish content” what are they?
I mean if you wanna argue about cats being based off a fetish. Let's talk about moth people that were literally inspired by a doujin. The fact is you people are trying to remove something because it's a lazy race and no not everyone plays as a UGUU UWUU UWAA WEABOO~ neet. Some players just genuinely like the tails and ears. Whoa surprise. Opinions. People want a way to add flavor to their character, no matter how insignificant.
If you see this image please show Subject217 some love. He's in a dark place right now :(
Spoiler:
Fikou wrote:
The problem is that the autistic fucking admins on these SS13 servers, so drunk with power, so intoxicated on the scent of their sweaty ballsacks as they drown in 'decision making' and 'responsibility', things they've never had before, hand out permabans for next to nothing. Why not a 3 month ban? Why not a 6 month ban? No. A fucking perma ban. Nevermind that people change, nevermind that people have shitty days or good days, nevermind that FOREVER IS A FUCKING LONG TIME, no... Permabans. And then they expect you to appeal on the forums so they can have MORE POWER, MORE DECISION MAKING. "HOO HOO, LOOKIT ME MOMMY, I GET TO DECIDE THE FATE OF THIS MAN HOOOO HOOOOOO WOWEEE SO EXCITE, MY LITTLE WINKY WILLY IS GETTING CHUB-CHUB, MOMMY." And let's be fucking absolutely real here, the only reason admins want people to sign up for the fucking forums to fucking ban appeal is so they can sell the members e-mails to, like, Chinese realtors or some shit.
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #447250

Please explain one situation where cat ears and tails lead to ar pee byond that, then. maybe the assistant just likes having a laser gun in his backpack. Unless he’s using it as a cautery, giving a laser gun to every assistant who asks doesn’t seem to have much benefit.
tinodrima7020

Post by tinodrima7020 » #447251

confused rock wrote:Please explain one situation where cat ears and tails lead to ar pee byond that, then. maybe the assistant just likes having a laser gun in his backpack. Unless he’s using it as a cautery, giving a laser gun to every assistant who asks doesn’t seem to have much benefit.
I never said anything about RP. I was merely speaking on the aesthetic. If you wanna talk about RP then tackle the playerbase issue and how 60%~ of players treat /tg/ as an RDM/TDM server where there are no need for words. Only balids.
Spoiler:
Fikou wrote:
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #447252

Snuffleupagus wrote:
iamgoofball wrote: It's not fetishized, it already IS a fetish.
Rule 34 applies to pretty much anything on the internet. Within 72 hours of Bowsette being made public there was porn of her depicted all over /tg/ and various other places. This point is invalid. If you actually PLAYED the game you'd realize no one who plays a cat person in game actually fetishizes cat people.
You didn't fucking read the post you mongolid. Go re-read it. The point is that catpeople was intentionally made to be a fetish, not that it was turned into one.
Xeroxemnas
Byond Username: Xeroxemnas

Post by Xeroxemnas » #447253

iamgoofball wrote:You didn't fucking read the post you mongolid. Go re-read it. The point is that catpeople was intentionally made to be a fetish, not that it was turned into one.
You can make the same argument for mothfags too. Let's remove them while we're at it.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #447254

Xeroxemnas wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:You didn't fucking read the post you mongolid. Go re-read it. The point is that catpeople was intentionally made to be a fetish, not that it was turned into one.
You can make the same argument for mothfags too. Let's remove them while we're at it.
Yeah, you can. You're absolutely right.

What, were you expecting me to disagree?
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #447255

Thanks MSO for unlocking this when new info arose, but this thread is consistently teetering on devolving into shit, and I'm thinking I'll lock it once it inevitably does once again
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Snuffleupagus

Post by Snuffleupagus » #447260

Xeroxemnas wrote:
Just stop. Seriously. This goes nowhere with goof. The guy doesn't play the game. He doesn't like the "races." and frankly hes just baiting to derail the thread.
Snuffleupagus

Post by Snuffleupagus » #447261

Rustledjimm wrote:Last term we unified the configs and now it's been reverted.
reeeee

Also imagine causing this much drama over a few pixels.

I think my compromise is a good one. Catpeople get removed in return for goofballs martyrdom and he never touches /tg/ again. It's a good trade.
worth quoting again.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #447276

Snuffleupagus wrote:
Xeroxemnas wrote:
Just stop. Seriously. This goes nowhere with goof. The guy doesn't play the game. He doesn't like the "races." and frankly hes just baiting to derail the thread.
Fuck you, you're refusing to actually debate properly and yoy didn't actually read my post. Go reread the fucking post.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #447281

Can we lock the thread. We're not going to get any civil discussions out of it.
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #447286

From what tino said I don’t see the appeal in giving some players a minor cosmetic if it otherwise promotes bad behaviour and little else, especially with how many shitstorms this causes.
Last edited by Guest on Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed response to delete
iksyp
Byond Username: Iksyp

Post by iksyp » #447289

waah this person i don't like has opinions i don't like lock the thread because they're obviously a super troll
this is why you can't hold an argument, if you insult the other party, you automatically lose
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #447291

remove feet
footfags are disturbing
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #447292

iksyp wrote:waah this person i don't like has opinions i don't like lock the thread because they're obviously a super troll
this is why you can't hold an argument, if you insult the other party, you automatically lose
Right lemme break out the good phrase sorry iksyp
Dax Dupont wrote:remove feet
footfags are disturbing
Not an argument
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #447293

everyone here is stupid and you should feel bad
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #447295

footfags are disturbing
There are so many arguments aside from the fetish one to respond to if you want to dismiss it out of hand
Signature Memes

tinodrima7020

Post by tinodrima7020 » #447296

confused rock wrote:From what tino said I don’t see the appeal in giving some players a minor cosmetic if it otherwise promotes bad behaviour and little else, especially with how many shitstorms this causes.
What bad behavior.
Spoiler:
Fikou wrote:
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #447297

Everything that others said ranging from being the hops pet to metagangs and meow in japanese. Nothing new, I encountered lizard metagangs in the past myself, but there were positive lizard interactions with stuff besides hissing, rather than meow in japanese.
I still think they cause problems with the ai.
obscolene
Byond Username: Obscolene

Post by obscolene » #447301

footfags are disturbing
The single lowest IQ post in the thread.
[center]sc#4622 | everybodygangstauntilnig.ga (UPDATED FREQUENTLY)[/center]
[03:46:59]EMOTE: The Dreamweaver/(Steve Leaf) : <b>Steve Leaf</b> starts jacking lizard dick. (129,128,2)
[03:47:33]SAY: Steve Leaf/The Dreamweaver : OH FUCK IM CHOAKING (129,128,2)
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
tinodrima7020

Post by tinodrima7020 » #447302

metagangs
Not exclusive.
being the hops pet
Not exclusive.
meow in Japanese
How does this negatively affect your round.
I still think they cause problems with the ai
They are nonhuman and most silicon players/A.I. players are rules lawyering mongs/look for any way to kill people.
Spoiler:
Fikou wrote:
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #447303

tinodrima7020 wrote:
metagangs
Not exclusive.
being the hops pet
Not exclusive.
meow in Japanese
They are nonhuman and most silicon players/A.I. players are rules lawyering mongs/look for any way to kill people.
Not being exclusive does not mean it isn't very prevalent in a specific group, and I would expect at least some of these would have seen a consistent rise with cat players
Signature Memes

iksyp

Post by iksyp » #447304

tinodrima7020 wrote:
it's pretty hard to tell between felinids and humans at a glance because "it's just a few pixels lol"

a really fucking good reason i haven't seen refuted well yet is "they don't aesthetically belong in the setting"
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #447307

One problem I have with them as a silicon is that it’s a tiny cosmetic detail you have to always be looking for that can even be covered up by clothes or hairstyles. There are some angles where it’s near impossible to tell if they are a catperson or not and yet have to treat them differently from a couple of pixels
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Karp

Post by Karp » #447311

iksyp wrote:
tinodrima7020 wrote:
it's pretty hard to tell between felinids and humans at a glance because "it's just a few pixels lol"

a really fucking good reason i haven't seen refuted well yet is "they don't aesthetically belong in the setting"
How can you refute it when it's purely subjective?

List off the top of my head of things that I also don't aesthetically belong in the setting,(except the setting is incredibly loose and there is very little actual definition):
moths
lizards
basically any theater costume
basically any outfit that isnt a jumpsuit
formal sec uniforms and berets (they're private security not military)
lavaland bosses
lavaland loot
wizards
cultists

That argument means literally nothing because there's no real setting. It's the same as people saying they don't roleplay correctly or whatever when there's no roleplay standards in place anyway
Snuffleupagus

Post by Snuffleupagus » #447312

NoxVS wrote:One problem I have with them as a silicon is that it’s a tiny cosmetic detail you have to always be looking for that can even be covered up by clothes or hairstyles. There are some angles where it’s near impossible to tell if they are a catperson or not and yet have to treat them differently from a couple of pixels
Do you wear coke bottle glasses? The tail and ears are evident. Hardsuits I get. But that’s a NAMING POLICY issue. As lizards and any other race are unidentifiable in suits outside of their NAMES. So what you’re advocating for here is a NAMING policy for cat persons as a Silicon. Also it’s not hard to click and examine.
Karp

Post by Karp » #447313

Nilons wrote:
tinodrima7020 wrote:
metagangs
Not exclusive.
being the hops pet
Not exclusive.
meow in Japanese
Not being exclusive does not mean it isn't very prevalent in a specific group
Where's your proof?
Qustinnus
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #447314

>people still use the "you might as well remove moths/lizards too then" argument
>literaly noone has disagreed with this argument

Classic catgirls.
iksyp

Post by iksyp » #447316

mudkip picture man wrote:Do you wear coke bottle glasses? The tail and ears are evident. Hardsuits I get. But that’s a NAMING POLICY issue. As lizards and any other race are unidentifiable in suits outside of their NAMES. So what you’re advocating for here is a NAMING policy for cat persons as a Silicon. Also it’s not hard to click and examine.
no it really isn't evident
Karp wrote: How can you refute it when it's purely subjective?

List off the top of my head of things that I also don't aesthetically belong in the setting,(except the setting is incredibly loose and there is very little actual definition):
moths
lizards
basically any theater costume
basically any outfit that isnt a jumpsuit
formal sec uniforms and berets (they're private security not military)
lavaland bosses
lavaland loot
wizards
cultists

That argument means literally nothing because there's no real setting. It's the same as people saying they don't roleplay correctly or whatever when there's no roleplay standards in place anyway
i see what you mean but I'm too tired to formulate my argument against it rn so maybe later
Shezza
Byond Username: Wilchen

Post by Shezza » #447317

the setting has been raped multiple times by silly haha additions like gondolas (i personaly like them)

the setting argument could've been used years ago but now its kinda irrelevant cause no other feature is kept to standards of the setting
Thanks for all the dopamine.

You (cough), you haven't won here. You and your mutie-bastard friends are gonna join me in a big ol' mushroom cloud sendoff. I just triggered the self-destruct. (Heh, heh; cough, cough,...) The work will go on. You didn't do nothing here, 'cept seal your own death warrants. Duty, (cough) honor... courage... Semper Fiiiii........
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #447318

Karp wrote:
Nilons wrote:
tinodrima7020 wrote:
metagangs
Not exclusive.
being the hops pet
Not exclusive.
meow in Japanese
Not being exclusive does not mean it isn't very prevalent in a specific group
Where's your proof?
You want to operate on the assumption that something has to be entirely exclusive to be prevalent? That everything happens in exactly equal amounts with no affect from outside factors unless those factors are exclusive to the thing itself? Here is an example that supports the opposite, multiple players said that they played more head roles when antag rep was enabled. People playing heads was not exclusive among people who wanted antag rep, but was more prevalent than before.

Unless you're trying to ask me where's the proof any of those specific things being more prevalent in cat players, which I did not say definitively just that I'd expect it
Signature Memes