Regarding felinids/catpeople

Users can post replies, but only game admins, mods, and forum admins may post topics. Mainly for questions and official discussions

Moderator: In-Game Head Admins

User avatar
iamgoofball
Github User
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:50 pm
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby iamgoofball » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:26 pm #447252

Snuffleupagus wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:It's not fetishized, it already IS a fetish.


Rule 34 applies to pretty much anything on the internet. Within 72 hours of Bowsette being made public there was porn of her depicted all over /tg/ and various other places. This point is invalid. If you actually PLAYED the game you'd realize no one who plays a cat person in game actually fetishizes cat people.

You didn't fucking read the post you mongolid. Go re-read it. The point is that catpeople was intentionally made to be a fetish, not that it was turned into one.



Xeroxemnas
 
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:52 am
Byond Username: Xeroxemnas

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby Xeroxemnas » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:28 pm #447253

iamgoofball wrote:You didn't fucking read the post you mongolid. Go re-read it. The point is that catpeople was intentionally made to be a fetish, not that it was turned into one.


You can make the same argument for mothfags too. Let's remove them while we're at it.

User avatar
iamgoofball
Github User
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:50 pm
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby iamgoofball » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:30 pm #447254

Xeroxemnas wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:You didn't fucking read the post you mongolid. Go re-read it. The point is that catpeople was intentionally made to be a fetish, not that it was turned into one.


You can make the same argument for mothfags too. Let's remove them while we're at it.

Yeah, you can. You're absolutely right.

What, were you expecting me to disagree?

User avatar
PKPenguin321
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:02 pm
Location: U S A, U S A, U S A
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby PKPenguin321 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:30 pm #447255

Thanks MSO for unlocking this when new info arose, but this thread is consistently teetering on devolving into shit, and I'm thinking I'll lock it once it inevitably does once again
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Image

PostThis post was deleted by PKPenguin321 on Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:40 pm.
Reason: youre welcome

PostThis post was deleted by Guest on Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:37 pm.

Snuffleupagus
 

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby Snuffleupagus » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:38 pm #447260

Xeroxemnas wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:You didn't fucking read the post you mongolid. Go re-read it. The point is that catpeople was intentionally made to be a fetish, not that it was turned into one.


You can make the same argument for mothfags too. Let's remove them while we're at it.


Just stop. Seriously. This goes nowhere with goof. The guy doesn't play the game. He doesn't like the "races." and frankly hes just baiting to derail the thread.

Snuffleupagus
 

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby Snuffleupagus » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:39 pm #447261

Rustledjimm wrote:Last term we unified the configs and now it's been reverted.
reeeee

Also imagine causing this much drama over a few pixels.

I think my compromise is a good one. Catpeople get removed in return for goofballs martyrdom and he never touches /tg/ again. It's a good trade.


worth quoting again.

PostThis post was deleted by PKPenguin321 on Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:43 pm.
Reason: Literally a post that says "fuck you"

PostThis post was deleted by PKPenguin321 on Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:27 pm.
Reason: it's oranges

User avatar
iamgoofball
Github User
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:50 pm
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby iamgoofball » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:52 pm #447276

Snuffleupagus wrote:
Xeroxemnas wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:You didn't fucking read the post you mongolid. Go re-read it. The point is that catpeople was intentionally made to be a fetish, not that it was turned into one.


You can make the same argument for mothfags too. Let's remove them while we're at it.


Just stop. Seriously. This goes nowhere with goof. The guy doesn't play the game. He doesn't like the "races." and frankly hes just baiting to derail the thread.

Fuck you, you're refusing to actually debate properly and yoy didn't actually read my post. Go reread the fucking post.

PostThis post was deleted by PKPenguin321 on Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:27 pm.
Reason: Bickering

PostThis post was deleted by PKPenguin321 on Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:27 pm.
Reason: Bickering

User avatar
Steelpoint
Github User
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:37 pm
Location: The Armoury
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby Steelpoint » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:03 pm #447281

Can we lock the thread. We're not going to get any civil discussions out of it.
Image

PostThis post was deleted by PKPenguin321 on Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:30 pm.
Reason: Bickering

User avatar
confused rock
 
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:18 am
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby confused rock » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:21 pm #447286

From what tino said I don’t see the appeal in giving some players a minor cosmetic if it otherwise promotes bad behaviour and little else, especially with how many shitstorms this causes.
Last edited by PKPenguin321 on Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed response to delete
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
iksyp
 
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:47 pm
Location: usa usa usa usa usa(?)
Byond Username: Iksyp

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby iksyp » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:31 pm #447289

waah this person i don't like has opinions i don't like lock the thread because they're obviously a super troll
this is why you can't hold an argument, if you insult the other party, you automatically lose

User avatar
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:07 pm
Location: Belgium
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby Dax Dupont » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:31 pm #447291

remove feet
footfags are disturbing

User avatar
confused rock
 
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:18 am
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby confused rock » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:34 pm #447292

iksyp wrote:waah this person i don't like has opinions i don't like lock the thread because they're obviously a super troll
this is why you can't hold an argument, if you insult the other party, you automatically lose

Right lemme break out the good phrase sorry iksyp
Dax Dupont wrote:remove feet
footfags are disturbing

Not an argument
Image
Image
Image
Image

lzimann
 
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:13 am
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby lzimann » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:40 pm #447293

everyone here is stupid and you should feel bad

User avatar
Nilons
 
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:38 pm
Location: Canada
Byond Username: NIlons

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby Nilons » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:46 pm #447295

Dax Dupont wrote:remove feet
footfags are disturbing

There are so many arguments aside from the fetish one to respond to if you want to dismiss it out of hand
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes
Image
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEVd4c1SV2g
Image
Image

User avatar
tinodrima7020
 
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:00 am
Byond Username: TinoDrima7020

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby tinodrima7020 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:47 pm #447296

confused rock wrote:From what tino said I don’t see the appeal in giving some players a minor cosmetic if it otherwise promotes bad behaviour and little else, especially with how many shitstorms this causes.

What bad behavior.
Image
If you see this image please show Subject217 some love. He's in a dark place right now :(
Spoiler:
Fikou wrote:
The problem is that the autistic fucking admins on these SS13 servers, so drunk with power, so intoxicated on the scent of their sweaty ballsacks as they drown in 'decision making' and 'responsibility', things they've never had before, hand out permabans for next to nothing. Why not a 3 month ban? Why not a 6 month ban? No. A fucking perma ban. Nevermind that people change, nevermind that people have shitty days or good days, nevermind that FOREVER IS A FUCKING LONG TIME, no... Permabans. And then they expect you to appeal on the forums so they can have MORE POWER, MORE DECISION MAKING. "HOO HOO, LOOKIT ME MOMMY, I GET TO DECIDE THE FATE OF THIS MAN HOOOO HOOOOOO WOWEEE SO EXCITE, MY LITTLE WINKY WILLY IS GETTING CHUB-CHUB, MOMMY." And let's be fucking absolutely real here, the only reason admins want people to sign up for the fucking forums to fucking ban appeal is so they can sell the members e-mails to, like, Chinese realtors or some shit.

User avatar
confused rock
 
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:18 am
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby confused rock » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:50 pm #447297

Everything that others said ranging from being the hops pet to metagangs and meow in japanese. Nothing new, I encountered lizard metagangs in the past myself, but there were positive lizard interactions with stuff besides hissing, rather than meow in japanese.
I still think they cause problems with the ai.
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
obscolene
 
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:37 am
Location: In it 2 win it :-]
Byond Username: Obscolene

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby obscolene » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:58 pm #447301

Dax Dupont wrote:remove feet
footfags are disturbing

The single lowest IQ post in the thread.
sc#4622 | everybodygangstauntilnig.ga (UPDATED FREQUENTLY)

Image
[03:46:59]EMOTE: The Dreamweaver/(Steve Leaf) : <b>Steve Leaf</b> starts jacking lizard dick. (129,128,2)
[03:47:33]SAY: Steve Leaf/The Dreamweaver : OH FUCK IM CHOAKING (129,128,2)
Spoiler:
Image
ImageImageImage
Image

User avatar
tinodrima7020
 
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:00 am
Byond Username: TinoDrima7020

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby tinodrima7020 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:58 pm #447302

metagangs
Not exclusive.
being the hops pet
Not exclusive.
meow in Japanese
How does this negatively affect your round.
I still think they cause problems with the ai
They are nonhuman and most silicon players/A.I. players are rules lawyering mongs/look for any way to kill people.
Image
If you see this image please show Subject217 some love. He's in a dark place right now :(
Spoiler:
Fikou wrote:
The problem is that the autistic fucking admins on these SS13 servers, so drunk with power, so intoxicated on the scent of their sweaty ballsacks as they drown in 'decision making' and 'responsibility', things they've never had before, hand out permabans for next to nothing. Why not a 3 month ban? Why not a 6 month ban? No. A fucking perma ban. Nevermind that people change, nevermind that people have shitty days or good days, nevermind that FOREVER IS A FUCKING LONG TIME, no... Permabans. And then they expect you to appeal on the forums so they can have MORE POWER, MORE DECISION MAKING. "HOO HOO, LOOKIT ME MOMMY, I GET TO DECIDE THE FATE OF THIS MAN HOOOO HOOOOOO WOWEEE SO EXCITE, MY LITTLE WINKY WILLY IS GETTING CHUB-CHUB, MOMMY." And let's be fucking absolutely real here, the only reason admins want people to sign up for the fucking forums to fucking ban appeal is so they can sell the members e-mails to, like, Chinese realtors or some shit.

User avatar
Nilons
 
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:38 pm
Location: Canada
Byond Username: NIlons

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby Nilons » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:02 pm #447303

tinodrima7020 wrote:
metagangs
Not exclusive.
being the hops pet
Not exclusive.
meow in Japanese
How does this negatively affect your round.
I still think they cause problems with the ai
They are nonhuman and most silicon players/A.I. players are rules lawyering mongs/look for any way to kill people.

Not being exclusive does not mean it isn't very prevalent in a specific group, and I would expect at least some of these would have seen a consistent rise with cat players
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes
Image
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEVd4c1SV2g
Image
Image

User avatar
iksyp
 
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:47 pm
Location: usa usa usa usa usa(?)
Byond Username: Iksyp

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby iksyp » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:03 pm #447304

tinodrima7020 wrote:
I still think they cause problems with the ai
They are nonhuman and most silicon players/A.I. players are rules lawyering mongs/look for any way to kill people.

it's pretty hard to tell between felinids and humans at a glance because "it's just a few pixels lol"

a really fucking good reason i haven't seen refuted well yet is "they don't aesthetically belong in the setting"

User avatar
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:43 pm
Location: The Verge of Irrelevancy
Byond Username: NoxVS

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby NoxVS » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:06 pm #447307

One problem I have with them as a silicon is that it’s a tiny cosmetic detail you have to always be looking for that can even be covered up by clothes or hairstyles. There are some angles where it’s near impossible to tell if they are a catperson or not and yet have to treat them differently from a couple of pixels
The weak should fear the strong

thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server

User avatar
Karp
 
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:54 am
Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby Karp » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:08 pm #447311

iksyp wrote:
tinodrima7020 wrote:
I still think they cause problems with the ai
They are nonhuman and most silicon players/A.I. players are rules lawyering mongs/look for any way to kill people.

it's pretty hard to tell between felinids and humans at a glance because "it's just a few pixels lol"

a really fucking good reason i haven't seen refuted well yet is "they don't aesthetically belong in the setting"

How can you refute it when it's purely subjective?

List off the top of my head of things that I also don't aesthetically belong in the setting,(except the setting is incredibly loose and there is very little actual definition):
moths
lizards
basically any theater costume
basically any outfit that isnt a jumpsuit
formal sec uniforms and berets (they're private security not military)
lavaland bosses
lavaland loot
wizards
cultists

That argument means literally nothing because there's no real setting. It's the same as people saying they don't roleplay correctly or whatever when there's no roleplay standards in place anyway
Image
Image

Snuffleupagus
 

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby Snuffleupagus » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:10 pm #447312

NoxVS wrote:One problem I have with them as a silicon is that it’s a tiny cosmetic detail you have to always be looking for that can even be covered up by clothes or hairstyles. There are some angles where it’s near impossible to tell if they are a catperson or not and yet have to treat them differently from a couple of pixels


Do you wear coke bottle glasses? The tail and ears are evident. Hardsuits I get. But that’s a NAMING POLICY issue. As lizards and any other race are unidentifiable in suits outside of their NAMES. So what you’re advocating for here is a NAMING policy for cat persons as a Silicon. Also it’s not hard to click and examine.

User avatar
Karp
 
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:54 am
Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby Karp » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:11 pm #447313

Nilons wrote:
tinodrima7020 wrote:
metagangs
Not exclusive.
being the hops pet
Not exclusive.
meow in Japanese
How does this negatively affect your round.
I still think they cause problems with the ai
They are nonhuman and most silicon players/A.I. players are rules lawyering mongs/look for any way to kill people.

Not being exclusive does not mean it isn't very prevalent in a specific group

Where's your proof?
Image
Image

Qustinnus
 
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:30 am
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby Qustinnus » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:16 pm #447314

>people still use the "you might as well remove moths/lizards too then" argument
>literaly noone has disagreed with this argument

Classic catgirls.

User avatar
iksyp
 
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:47 pm
Location: usa usa usa usa usa(?)
Byond Username: Iksyp

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby iksyp » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:17 pm #447316

mudkip picture man wrote:Do you wear coke bottle glasses? The tail and ears are evident. Hardsuits I get. But that’s a NAMING POLICY issue. As lizards and any other race are unidentifiable in suits outside of their NAMES. So what you’re advocating for here is a NAMING policy for cat persons as a Silicon. Also it’s not hard to click and examine.

no it really isn't evident
Karp wrote:How can you refute it when it's purely subjective?

List off the top of my head of things that I also don't aesthetically belong in the setting,(except the setting is incredibly loose and there is very little actual definition):
moths
lizards
basically any theater costume
basically any outfit that isnt a jumpsuit
formal sec uniforms and berets (they're private security not military)
lavaland bosses
lavaland loot
wizards
cultists

That argument means literally nothing because there's no real setting. It's the same as people saying they don't roleplay correctly or whatever when there's no roleplay standards in place anyway

i see what you mean but I'm too tired to formulate my argument against it rn so maybe later

User avatar
Shezza
 
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 6:54 pm
Location: rent free
Byond Username: Wilchen

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby Shezza » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:20 pm #447317

the setting has been raped multiple times by silly haha additions like gondolas (i personaly like them)

the setting argument could've been used years ago but now its kinda irrelevant cause no other feature is kept to standards of the setting
Thanks for all the dopamine.

You (cough), you haven't won here. You and your mutie-bastard friends are gonna join me in a big ol' mushroom cloud sendoff. I just triggered the self-destruct. (Heh, heh; cough, cough,...) The work will go on. You didn't do nothing here, 'cept seal your own death warrants. Duty, (cough) honor... courage... Semper Fiiiii........

User avatar
Nilons
 
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:38 pm
Location: Canada
Byond Username: NIlons

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby Nilons » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:22 pm #447318

Karp wrote:
Nilons wrote:
tinodrima7020 wrote:
metagangs
Not exclusive.
being the hops pet
Not exclusive.
meow in Japanese
How does this negatively affect your round.
I still think they cause problems with the ai
They are nonhuman and most silicon players/A.I. players are rules lawyering mongs/look for any way to kill people.

Not being exclusive does not mean it isn't very prevalent in a specific group

Where's your proof?

You want to operate on the assumption that something has to be entirely exclusive to be prevalent? That everything happens in exactly equal amounts with no affect from outside factors unless those factors are exclusive to the thing itself? Here is an example that supports the opposite, multiple players said that they played more head roles when antag rep was enabled. People playing heads was not exclusive among people who wanted antag rep, but was more prevalent than before.

Unless you're trying to ask me where's the proof any of those specific things being more prevalent in cat players, which I did not say definitively just that I'd expect it
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes
Image
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEVd4c1SV2g
Image
Image

User avatar
wesoda25
 
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:32 pm
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby wesoda25 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:37 pm #447321

Everyone is just restating arguments or pointing out why some are shitty at this point.

But unloved rock has proven that sharing personal anecdotes is worthwhile, so I’ll try.

You forum goers wouldn’t know, but despite my anti-cat stance, I have a lot of friends IC who play as cats. When I first started playing I hated cats, then I kinda stopped because I saw my misconceptions about them were just that: misconceptions. I had related cat girls to IRL furries in my head, and hated them as a result. However, I have been pretty anti-cat for months on end again.

This is because I realized that they really were fetish material, especially OOC, but ICly too. I can name multiple well known, active cat mains who clearly fetishize themselves and others. Ringleader being Shezza, but lets dig deeper. Cats will flirt with each other ic, hint at shit, etc. This obviously doesn’t apply to all, but the majority if not large minority.

I was recently added to the Cat Discord (chill I left after 10 minutes), which basically consisted of cat mains plus some of their friends. And fucking hell the shit I saw. They were fucking flirting with each others fursonas, and certain members sending lewd pictures of catgirls in the chat. You can discredit this bc its OOC but a large chunk of the cat community was in there, its clearly more than “a couple pixles” to them. I saw admins and at least one headmin there too.

This is why I consider cats fetish material and want them removed. Cats are the reason I don’t show friends this game.
Spoiler:
Wesoda25two/(Lalla Hayhurst) "WESODA DIDNT MAKE IT VERY LONG IN THIS ECONOMY"
IkeTG wrote:
Timonk wrote:Local admin gets offended on someone else's behalf

ironclad defense against the "don't be an asshole" rule tbh

User avatar
Gamarr
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:10 pm
Byond Username: Gamarr

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby Gamarr » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:46 pm #447325

Shezza wrote:the setting has been raped multiple times by silly haha additions like gondolas (i personaly like them)

the setting argument could've been used years ago but now its kinda irrelevant cause no other feature is kept to standards of the setting

Largely this. They don't fit but tg has no standards on its lore anyway. A good example is a naming policy which isn't enforced and the bottom falling out of really any kind of rp or interaction on the server.

User avatar
ishortjr33
 
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:16 am
Byond Username: Ishotjr8

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby ishortjr33 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:52 pm #447330

From an IC standpoint I've never witnessed anyone on tg actually fetishize or otherwise with their cat people.
I don't even really notice someones playing as a cat person when they're all geared up unless they're going out of their way to advertise it as such which doesn't seem to happen often.
It's really hard for me to see them as immersion breaking at all when Medbay is Mothtown, Lizardmen are dishing out justice, the crew is in the chapel attending a wedding between the Clown and a cow.

Personally I think in IC it drives content not only for the people who seem to enjoy playing as catpeople but for the people that are bigoted (?) towards them. I don't think content is a bad thing.

OOC wise this really seems like it's being made into a bigger issue than it should be by both sides and I've said on discord it's fucked up that this whole thing is turning into a UN summit, passion is appreciated sure but I think it makes us all look stupid. My personal opinion though.

We live in a shitty world where everyone escapes to this mishmash of code to try and have fun and escape their normal lives. If someones not breaking the server rules or intentionally being a dick by playing a catgirl why do we deny them what makes them happy? Once again personal opinion.

User avatar
IkeTG
 
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:03 am
Location: Here, Now
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby IkeTG » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:08 pm #447339

I don't play much so feel free to completely dismiss my opinion, but I've always seen catpeople as a completely arbitrary feature that is a holdover from out-of-universe culture (the chans), so it's inclusion always was a bit weird to me. A lot of people who play catpeople usually act lowkey annoying on purpose, and the cutesy stuff does not really contrast well with the game's environment in my opinion.

Also, I don't think there's really much that catpeople bring to the table that you couldn't just do as a human.

User avatar
lmwevil
 
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:09 pm
Byond Username: Lmwevil

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby lmwevil » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:16 pm #447343

confused rock wrote:Guess I might as well argue on ferish content now, god help me
Anything can be fetishised, yes, but some things are better suited to it than others. If someone added a dildo, just because a cucumber works doesn’t matter. A cucumber has other uses. I struggle to think of any way to immerse yourself as a catgirl except as a skirt wearing creep who says meow in japanese. You can kill someone with a gun, but you can with a chair too, so why not regulate chairs? Chairs have other uses. We know what guns were made for. We know what catgirls are based off. Dismiss this if you have no better ideas, but if catgirls are not “fetish content” what are they?


https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/composition-division

The difference is guns are designed to be a weapon, and dildos are designed for sex. Catgirls were first made because they were cute to Japanese people, just because porn exists of everything doesn't mean it's inherently fetish content. (I'd argue the earliest 'version' of a catgirl is kitsune, ears being visible in human form etc etc)

Catgirl RP is meme RP we all know it, but RP in the modern TG is.. well you'd find more RP in a game of For Honor so I don't think it's an argument to remove.

the issue is all debates involving this that have ever spawned are circular, we're screaming about the same shit we did before, it clearly makes people happy to play so why does it matter in the end? 'oh fetish content, oh it encourages bad players' bad players get banned, and if it were fetish content we have no ERP on /tg/ anyway so who cares what people turn into a fetish? all i see happening with this removal is a ton of drama and catplayers will still be here even if they get removed

all in all, why does it matter so much to argue over catgirls? aren't there better things to froth over?

Just my two plasmeme cents

User avatar
Nilons
 
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:38 pm
Location: Canada
Byond Username: NIlons

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby Nilons » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:21 pm #447346

lmwevil wrote:
all in all, why does it matter so much to argue over catgirls? aren't there better things to froth over?

Just my two plasmeme cents

This goes both ways, are they worth all this horseshit to keep when they do pretty much nothing but still have half the server voting to get rid of them?
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes
Image
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEVd4c1SV2g
Image
Image

User avatar
tinodrima7020
 
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:00 am
Byond Username: TinoDrima7020

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby tinodrima7020 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:25 pm #447350

Nilons wrote:
lmwevil wrote:
all in all, why does it matter so much to argue over catgirls? aren't there better things to froth over?

Just my two plasmeme cents

This goes both ways, are they worth all this horseshit to keep when they do pretty much nothing but still have half the server voting to get rid of them?

Sounds like a problem with the community then my dude
Image
If you see this image please show Subject217 some love. He's in a dark place right now :(
Spoiler:
Fikou wrote:
The problem is that the autistic fucking admins on these SS13 servers, so drunk with power, so intoxicated on the scent of their sweaty ballsacks as they drown in 'decision making' and 'responsibility', things they've never had before, hand out permabans for next to nothing. Why not a 3 month ban? Why not a 6 month ban? No. A fucking perma ban. Nevermind that people change, nevermind that people have shitty days or good days, nevermind that FOREVER IS A FUCKING LONG TIME, no... Permabans. And then they expect you to appeal on the forums so they can have MORE POWER, MORE DECISION MAKING. "HOO HOO, LOOKIT ME MOMMY, I GET TO DECIDE THE FATE OF THIS MAN HOOOO HOOOOOO WOWEEE SO EXCITE, MY LITTLE WINKY WILLY IS GETTING CHUB-CHUB, MOMMY." And let's be fucking absolutely real here, the only reason admins want people to sign up for the fucking forums to fucking ban appeal is so they can sell the members e-mails to, like, Chinese realtors or some shit.

User avatar
PKPenguin321
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:02 pm
Location: U S A, U S A, U S A
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby PKPenguin321 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:27 pm #447352

IkeTG wrote:I don't play much so feel free to completely dismiss my opinion, but I've always seen catpeople as a completely arbitrary feature that is a holdover from out-of-universe culture (the chans),

maybe on /trash/
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
confused rock
 
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:18 am
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby confused rock » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:27 pm #447353

I think in general most of the problems of arguing about catgirls is 90% of arguments work both ways or are subjective. I’d have to pull a J_mad and document my every interaction with catgirls and another race to get something fairly usable, and I aint doin that. The combined knowledge everyone has keeps them firmly on their own side and is hard to explain.
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
IkeTG
 
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:03 am
Location: Here, Now
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby IkeTG » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:35 pm #447357

PKPenguin321 wrote:
IkeTG wrote:I don't play much so feel free to completely dismiss my opinion, but I've always seen catpeople as a completely arbitrary feature that is a holdover from out-of-universe culture (the chans),

maybe on /trash/

yea nowadays everyone's moved onto elves...

But the point is that it seems like catpeople are races in the game because of culture that exists outside of the game, which isn't always a bad thing, I just think it's weird in this case.


confused rock wrote:I think in general most of the problems of arguing about catgirls is 90% of arguments work both ways or are subjective.

If this is a thread for community opinion over a community vote, why wouldn't subjective or anecdotal accounts be acceptable?

Snuffleupagus
 

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby Snuffleupagus » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:46 pm #447362

IkeTG wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:
IkeTG wrote:I don't play much so feel free to completely dismiss my opinion, but I've always seen catpeople as a completely arbitrary feature that is a holdover from out-of-universe culture (the chans),

maybe on /trash/

yea nowadays everyone's moved onto elves...

But the point is that it seems like catpeople are races in the game because of culture that exists outside of the game, which isn't always a bad thing, I just think it's weird in this case.


confused rock wrote:I think in general most of the problems of arguing about catgirls is 90% of arguments work both ways or are subjective.

If this is a thread for community opinion over a community vote, why wouldn't subjective or anecdotal accounts be acceptable?


Again Felinids go back even before the boards. RPGs featured them heavily in the 90s and even the 80s. IIRC they really gained steam with the production of PFSRD. As far back as I can remember they were a part of /TG/ and I can go as far back as seeing the Nick Berg beheading and shit being posted on the chans.

User avatar
confused rock
 
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:18 am
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby confused rock » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:47 pm #447363

Never meant to imply that ike, but it does make things a pain. Wonder how bad a time I'd have if I did pull a j mad
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
MollyKristoph
 
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:44 pm
Location: The Real Lavaland
Byond Username: MollyKristoph

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby MollyKristoph » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:48 pm #447365

wah-wah-wah
You know, all this bitching about catpeople and liggers and moffs makes me want for a headmin team to just outright say 'fuck you, cats are staying. Any PRs or forum bitching to effect their removal will be met with a jobban to clown after we port in Curse of the Cluwne and a 1% chance at spawning naturally as a cluwne. Creepy fucks gonna creep and fuck, hopefully on their own time and in their own space, and they're gonna break some other rule eventually if they're already as bad as you say they are.'

If we're bitching about cats as fetish content, then my boy, we better ban humans, too, 'cuz there's literally terabytes of human fetish material out there.

User avatar
IkeTG
 
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:03 am
Location: Here, Now
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby IkeTG » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:49 pm #447366

Snuffleupagus wrote:Again Felinids go back even before the boards. RPGs featured them heavily in the 90s and even the 80s. IIRC they really gained steam with the production of PFSRD. As far back as I can remember they were a part of /TG/ and I can go as far back as seeing the Nick Berg beheading and shit being posted on the chans.

This doesn't matter because the people who like catgirls don't like them because of MUDs and 90s RPGs

User avatar
Nilons
 
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:38 pm
Location: Canada
Byond Username: NIlons

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby Nilons » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:49 pm #447367

MollyKristoph wrote:wah-wah-wah
You know, all this bitching about catpeople and liggers and moffs makes me want for a headmin team to just outright say 'fuck you, cats are staying. Any PRs or forum bitching to effect their removal will be met with a jobban to clown after we port in Curse of the Cluwne and a 1% chance at spawning naturally as a cluwne. Creepy fucks gonna creep and fuck, hopefully on their own time and in their own space, and they're gonna break some other rule eventually if they're already as bad as you say they are.'

If we're bitching about cats as fetish content, then my boy, we better ban humans, too, 'cuz there's literally terabytes of human fetish material out there.

What a bad, uninformed post.
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes
Image
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEVd4c1SV2g
Image
Image

PreviousNext

Return to Town Hall

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cakoceag874